PDA

View Full Version : Hey, any App fans who're still here....

FormerPokeCenter
August 24th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Anybody need some tickets to this weekend's game?

My friend Jeff Mulder, LiveSTRONG's all time leading fundraiser and all-time leading individual donor, has 4 (FOUR) extra tickets with a face value of $300. The highest offer by Thursday at 8 am gets them.

Club level seating on the 45 yard line. Section 310, Row 3, Seats 11-14

If you pay the full $300.00, he'll throw in four Michigan Tee shirts...

if you're seriously interested, PM me, and I'll put you in touch with Jeff..

citdog
August 24th, 2014, 08:11 PM
GO WOLVERINES!

centennial
August 24th, 2014, 10:12 PM
GO WOLVERINES!

Lol. Funny.

ElonFirefighter
August 25th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Tickets 300
Watching app fall flat on their face, priceless
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

superman7515
August 25th, 2014, 11:50 AM
http://condition1industries.com/images/WolverinesTWO.jpg

citdog
August 25th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Hope Michigan beats them by 50.

chattanoogamocs
August 25th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I am going to go out on a limb that Michigan will not be overlooking ASU this time...and if they have the opportunity, they will run over them, back up, and run over them again.

Pards Rule
August 25th, 2014, 03:21 PM
OMG they are playing them again!?! This time Michigan will be awaiting!!

CID1990
August 25th, 2014, 03:27 PM
This year's ASU team would be hard pressed to finish above 4th in the SoCon so I doubt UM has much to worry about

AshevilleApp2
August 25th, 2014, 04:17 PM
While I don't agree with the sentiments, I do agree that it should be a walkover.

I also find it amusing that an e-loan fan chimes in suddenly. We certainly never fell on our face against your bunch.

Thanks for the offer Poke, but I was there for the original. Remakes are seldom as good. I'll be watching though. GO APPS !!!

proasu89
August 25th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the offer and good luck to the Pokes this season!

clenz
August 25th, 2014, 09:33 PM
As a Michigan fan, I've been waiting for this game for years.

I'd love to see Michigan drop a 45-7ish win.

bonarae
August 25th, 2014, 09:41 PM
App's FBS debut will be forgetful... but the 2007 game will never be forgotten in the world of the FCS (at least).

citdog
August 25th, 2014, 09:44 PM
App's FBS debut will be forgetful... but the 2007 game will never be forgotten in the world of the FCS (at least).

WHO?

bonarae
August 25th, 2014, 10:47 PM
WHO?

The App-Michigan game. No game was as resounding as this back then, and it was the very first FCS upset of a top 5 FBS team.

citdog
August 25th, 2014, 10:51 PM
The App-Michigan game. No game was as resounding as this back then, and it was the very first FCS upset of a top 5 FBS team.

Never heard of 'em........VAGUELY remember beating them by 5 Td's.

AshevilleApp2
August 26th, 2014, 06:50 AM
As a Michigan fan, I've been waiting for this game for years.

I'd love to see Michigan drop a 45-7ish win.

They may not need that, but they do need to win convincingly. Brady Hoke is on the hot seat this year. The only regret I had about the 2007 game was the slide UM football took afterwards. I'm still pulling for App, and hoping UM wins out after that.

clenz
August 26th, 2014, 08:27 AM
They may not need that, but they do need to win convincingly. Brady Hoke is on the hot seat this year. The only regret I had about the 2007 game was the slide UM football took afterwards. I'm still pulling for App, and hoping UM wins out after that.
That slide had very very little, to nothing, to do with that game.

Michigan finished that season 9-4 with an Outback Bowl win over Florida (and Heisman Trophy winner Timmy Tebow)

The issue was the talent lost after that year vs talent coming back and Dick Rod.

Dick Rod could put an offense together....well, he could put a running QB in place at least....but he wouldn't even think about recruiting anyone to place defense.

Turns out you can have a top 10 offense but if your defense is 116th in the nation you aren't going to win many games and if you aren't winning games you are going to start losing recruits to Michigan State and Ohio State...which is exactly what happened.

Hoke took over a building that was on fire and then hit with napalm. His recruiting classes have been very good. The defense has been solid. The offense...well...going from Dick Rod's players to a traditional Hoke set with on OC that doesn't quite know how to use a Dick Rod style athlete is/was an issue.

I'm hopeful that Gardner is a senior, and hopefully grown the hell up with his decision making. I'm hopeful that Doug Nussmeier can figure something out with this offense. It hasn't been a talent issue the last 2 or 3 years, it's been a "I don't know what I"m doing as an OC" issue.

Oh, and all this stupid "Legacy Jersey", "Sanford Robertson Offensive Coordinator", Michigan needs to stop have Adidas doing all of this stupid **** with the uniforms, etc...

Get back to being Michigan, for chist's sake! Yost, Bo, Cirisler, etc... would all be turning over in their graves if they saw the **** going on that is right now.

ThompsonThe
August 26th, 2014, 09:41 AM
GO WOLVERINES!

App State can always look at the plaque that The Citadel presented to them for beating Michigan
and bringing so much recognition to the SoCon and FCS.

walliver
August 26th, 2014, 09:45 AM
App State can always look at the plaque that The Citadel presented to them for beating Michigan

The team that was undefeated against Top 10 Big 10 teams also lost two SoCon games that year - that's why we actually play the games.

phoenix3
August 26th, 2014, 10:34 AM
While I don't agree with the sentiments, I do agree that it should be a walkover.

I also find it amusing that an e-loan fan chimes in suddenly. We certainly never fell on our face against your bunch.

Thanks for the offer Poke, but I was there for the original. Remakes are seldom as good. I'll be watching though. GO APPS !!!

I don't understand why this is amusing to you. We were in the same conference for 11 years, now all of us, including you, are in different conferences. Why shouldn't he chime in? Is this a current SoCon only thread? It was started by a SLC team's fan. Personally, I wish App well against Michigan and in the Sun Belt. I enjoyed the competition over the years between our schools and still have a bit of a gnawing in my gut that they were the only SoCon team Elon never beat. And as far as falling on your face to our bunch goes, the 42 -17 Elon win in 2009 followed by the 45-14 win in 2010 should both come close. I wish you well in the new SoCon. At least for some period of time you will have Mercer and VMI to beat up on, although I expect beating up on Mercer will be short lived.

citdog
August 26th, 2014, 11:30 AM

The Citadel has class. Where is the plaque, in addition to the buildup on the average yosefs tooth, that y'all gave us for whipping Carolina and Arkansas?

I HOPE MICHIGAN WINS BY 60.

FormerPokeCenter
August 26th, 2014, 11:44 AM
The thread wasn't started to give App grief....

But, you know how these things go once they're hijacked ;)

Pards Rule
August 26th, 2014, 01:05 PM

I believe it was 2006 though? Im pretty sure I heard about it when entering the stadium for the first game at the renovated Fisher Field in Easton - which would be 2006.

AshevilleApp2
August 26th, 2014, 01:09 PM
That slide had very very little, to nothing, to do with that game.

Michigan finished that season 9-4 with an Outback Bowl win over Florida (and Heisman Trophy winner Timmy Tebow)

The issue was the talent lost after that year vs talent coming back and Dick Rod.

Dick Rod could put an offense together....well, he could put a running QB in place at least....but he wouldn't even think about recruiting anyone to place defense.

Turns out you can have a top 10 offense but if your defense is 116th in the nation you aren't going to win many games and if you aren't winning games you are going to start losing recruits to Michigan State and Ohio State...which is exactly what happened.

Hoke took over a building that was on fire and then hit with napalm. His recruiting classes have been very good. The defense has been solid. The offense...well...going from Dick Rod's players to a traditional Hoke set with on OC that doesn't quite know how to use a Dick Rod style athlete is/was an issue.

I'm hopeful that Gardner is a senior, and hopefully grown the hell up with his decision making. I'm hopeful that Doug Nussmeier can figure something out with this offense. It hasn't been a talent issue the last 2 or 3 years, it's been a "I don't know what I"m doing as an OC" issue.

Oh, and all this stupid "Legacy Jersey", "Sanford Robertson Offensive Coordinator", Michigan needs to stop have Adidas doing all of this stupid **** with the uniforms, etc...

Get back to being Michigan, for chist's sake! Yost, Bo, Cirisler, etc... would all be turning over in their graves if they saw the **** going on that is right now.

Unfortunately the game did make a difference on Lloyd Carr's tenure as Michigan head coach, and the program as a whole. Carr was already feeling the heat for struggling with Ohio State for several years and had very high expectations for the 2007 season. Henne, Hart and Long all came back for a run at the National Championship if you'll recall. The App game, followed by the blowout by Oregon, turned the heat up to the point that, after the Oregon loss, Carr announced his retirement effective at the end of the season. To me, Carr was the best HC they had since Bo. Maybe better being that he won a mythical National Championship.

That led to the "if you can't beat 'em, join em" mentality that brought Rich Rod and the spread option to Ann Arbor. I agree with much else of what you said. But never underestimate the power of disgruntled alumni to sway decision making in a program. Mark my words, if Hoke doesn't do significantly better than 7-6 this year, he won't be there for long. And right now Michigan doesn't look as good as their two main rivals.

AshevilleApp2
August 26th, 2014, 01:10 PM
The team that was undefeated against Top 10 Big 10 teams also lost two SoCon games that year - that's why we actually play the games.

And won the National Championship. That's why we play the games.

clenz
August 26th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately the game did make a difference on Lloyd Carr's tenure as Michigan head coach, and the program as a whole. Carr was already feeling the heat for struggling with Ohio State for several years and had very high expectations for the 2007 season. Henne, Hart and Long all came back for a run at the National Championship if you'll recall. The App game, followed by the blowout by Oregon, turned the heat up to the point that, after the Oregon loss, Carr announced his retirement effective at the end of the season. To me, Carr was the best HC they had since Bo. Maybe better being that he won a mythical National Championship.

That led to the "if you can't beat 'em, join em" mentality that brought Rich Rod and the spread option to Ann Arbor. I agree with much else of what you said. But never underestimate the power of disgruntled alumni to sway decision making in a program. Mark my words, if Hoke doesn't do significantly better than 7-6 this year, he won't be there for long. And right now Michigan doesn't look as good as their two main rivals.
I really, really, wanted to see Les Miles when Dick Rod was hired and I really really really wanted Harbaugh or Miles when Hoke was hired.

Harbaugh is well past getting...

If Hoke doesn't turn it back around - and I like Hoke as a coach, I really do - I really want a major push for Les Miles.

AshevilleApp2
August 26th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I don't understand why this is amusing to you. We were in the same conference for 11 years, now all of us, including you, are in different conferences. Why shouldn't he chime in? Is this a current SoCon only thread? It was started by a SLC team's fan. Personally, I wish App well against Michigan and in the Sun Belt. I enjoyed the competition over the years between our schools and still have a bit of a gnawing in my gut that they were the only SoCon team Elon never beat. And as far as falling on your face to our bunch goes, the 42 -17 Elon win in 2009 followed by the 45-14 win in 2010 should both come close. I wish you well in the new SoCon. At least for some period of time you will have Mercer and VMI to beat up on, although I expect beating up on Mercer will be short lived.

Look at the name, not the avatar. Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck in the CAA.

AshevilleApp2
August 26th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I really, really, wanted to see Les Miles when Dick Rod was hired and I really really really wanted Harbaugh or Miles when Hoke was hired.

Harbaugh is well past getting...

If Hoke doesn't turn it back around - and I like Hoke as a coach, I really do - I really want a major push for Les Miles.

I agree completely. It will take a big buyout from the disgruntled alumni I mentioned, but would be worth it. Hopefully it won't be needed.

AshevilleApp2
August 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM
The thread wasn't started to give App grief....

But, you know how these things go once they're hijacked ;)

Not a problem. Thanks again for the offer!

clenz
August 26th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I agree completely. It will take a big buyout from the disgruntled alumni I mentioned, but would be worth it. Hopefully it won't be needed.
I have a feeling the big time donors are getting sick of taking risks on coaches like Dick Rod and his system, or going back to a Michigan man who hasn't proven it on a high level.

I have a feeling the money would be there for Miles..it was there for Nussmier, it will be there for Miles.

CID1990
August 26th, 2014, 04:11 PM

Well it is only fitting since prior to that The Citadel and Furman were singlehandedly carrying the SoCon's water in beating FBS/I-A teams

AshevilleApp2
August 27th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Well it is only fitting since prior to that The Citadel and Furman were singlehandedly carrying the SoCon's water in beating FBS/I-A teams

I get your point, but App actually beat Wake Forest a few times. They can sort of be considered FBS/I-A.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2014, 12:36 PM
We've got 'em just where we want 'em now.

:(

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2014, 12:41 PM
We've got 'em just where we want 'em now.

:(

No more moral victories and "paychecks". It might take App State a few years to become competitive in FBS....

Red & Black
August 30th, 2014, 12:43 PM
App was better as a 1AA/FCS under Moore. This is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Georgia Southern is beating NC State 17-3, almost half....

Bisonator
August 30th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Appys getting abused. Ufda

clenz
August 30th, 2014, 01:02 PM
This is awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

clenz
August 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM
ASU would finish bottom 3 in the. Socon

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 01:14 PM
We all know the McDonalds slogan.

I'm THAT

clenz
August 30th, 2014, 01:17 PM

I'm THAT
A billion times this

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM
A billion times this

Hope you beat Iowa!

clenz
August 30th, 2014, 01:35 PM
End of 3

UNI first and 10 at the Iowa 11.

Iowa 24
UNI 20

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2014, 01:38 PM

I'm THAT

Clue me in here please.

DP_ASU
August 30th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Clue me in here please.

He's basically saying that he is a homosexual.

citdog
August 30th, 2014, 03:40 PM
He's basically saying that he is a homosexual.

I wonder when the last time appy was down 35 points.

Whoops I REMEMBER!

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Clue me in here please.

Ba da ba ba BAAAAAAAA! I'm lovin' it!

AshevilleApp2
August 31st, 2014, 03:54 AM
Ba da ba ba BAAAAAAAA! I'm lovin' it!

I see!

ElonFirefighter
August 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM

suddenly chime in. I've been chiming in about app and their thinking there the best thing since sliced bread since I joined this board.

Also if you look I was not the first to take it down that road I just took it to the next level. Oh I forgot. App can't handle the "next level"

AshevilleApp2
August 31st, 2014, 09:32 AM
I've been chiming in about app and their thinking there the best thing since sliced bread since I joined this board.

Also if you look I was not the first to take it down that road I just took it to the next level. Oh I forgot. App can't handle the "next level"

I'm shattered. Glad to see you put that e-loan education to work though.

Apphole
August 31st, 2014, 09:32 AM
Never heard of 'em........VAGUELY remember beating them by 5 Td's.

I've already forgotten what it's like to play teams like Poor Man's West Point. I vaguely remember beating them every single year prior to rebuilding.

Apphole
August 31st, 2014, 09:36 AM

But what have you done for me LATELY??

- - - Updated - - -

ASU would finish bottom 3 in the. Socon

xlolx

CID1990
August 31st, 2014, 09:37 AM
But what have you done for me LATELY??

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx

heres one fir ya

do you realize that 3/4ths of the student body at ASU has never seen ASU beat The Citadel?

Apphole
August 31st, 2014, 09:38 AM
A lot of Butthurt here on the JV football board. We will miss the thrill of playing in front of HUNDREDS of screaming fans.

ElonFirefighter
August 31st, 2014, 10:33 AM
I'm shattered. Glad to see you put that e-loan education to work though.

I majored in mathematics and computer science never claimed to not make grammatical errors. Maybe when you get electricity up on the mountain I can show you what a computer is.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 11:26 AM
xlolx

Based on last season and what I saw yesterday what makes you think any different?

Furman, Samford, Chatty, and probably Wofford and El Cid would all be favored

I'd favor ASU vs Mercer, VMI and WCU...

CID1990
August 31st, 2014, 12:32 PM
A lot of Butthurt here on the JV football board. We will miss the thrill of playing in front of HUNDREDS of screaming fans.

And we'll miss you varsity types still hanging around the JVs because it strokes your egos...

oh wait

you're still here

AshevilleApp2
August 31st, 2014, 01:11 PM
I majored in mathematics and computer science never claimed to not make grammatical errors. Maybe when you get electricity up on the mountain I can show you what a computer is.

Don't sweat it. I make mistakes on those pronounced the same, spelled differently words two. ;)

By the way, how did e-loan do yesterday?

ElonFirefighter
August 31st, 2014, 08:05 PM
Were going in the right direction. Will be a year or two to correct what our last coach did
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2014, 08:09 PM

Just wait until that home and home series with Eastern Michigan or UAB or those conference roadies against Georgia State or Idaho....

Cleets
August 31st, 2014, 08:13 PM

There's Butthurt here... on AGS..? So because App. looked like an NAIA team yesterday we're all Butthurt..?
Me thinks you are confused about what Butthurt is
Because mostly there was a lot of giggling

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9d/9d488c4dd6b949416c85906c5bd7a4c3d3163632d5606a6a06 8e487c0f3a2d73.jpg

CID1990
September 1st, 2014, 07:51 AM
There's Butthurt here... on AGS..? So because App. looked like an NAIA team yesterday we're all Butthurt..?
Me thinks you are confused about what Butthurt is
Because mostly there was a lot of giggling

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9d/9d488c4dd6b949416c85906c5bd7a4c3d3163632d5606a6a06 8e487c0f3a2d73.jpg

Yeah for being so butthurt....

someone is on the wrong message board and it aint us