PDA

View Full Version : SoCon predictions (4 NOV 2006)

catamount man
October 30th, 2006, 05:40 PM
CITADEL-10
APP ST-33

FURMAN-24
ELON-7

WOFFORD-24
GSU-23

J'VILLE ST-19
CHATTANOOGA-9

WCU-10
LIBERTY-21

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

walliver
October 30th, 2006, 07:50 PM
App State 35 - Citadel - 14
Furman 35 - Elon 7
Wofford 21 - GSU 20
Chattanooga 31 - JaxSt 24
WCU 17- Liberty 14 (The SoCon can't tolerate another loss to the Little South) - This assumes Western runs the ball, if the Catamounts try passing, they will lose by 14.

Coastal89
October 30th, 2006, 08:09 PM
App St by 30 or more

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Furman 31 - Elon 21 .....as Trick Daddy would say," i'm bout to bounce back"

Liberty 23 - WCU 13 :bang: :bang: ......getting worse in the 'whee

GSU 24 - Wofford 21 .....still something to prove even if they aren't going to the post season

Chatty 35 - Jack State 23 ....... just please represent the SoCon

ASU 42 - Citadel 16 .........it is at "The Rock" there will be no let down............and our ROTC Ranger Challenge team beat yours this past weekend as well, I thought you guys were a military college.

GO APP

Seven Would Be Nice
October 30th, 2006, 08:16 PM
SoCon match ups:

App& el Cid: App by 2 TDs

Furman & Elon: Furman by a FG

GSU & Wofford - GSU by a TD

Coastal89
October 30th, 2006, 08:18 PM
App St by 30 or more

FU@Elon i'm pulling for Furman but an Elon win opens the way for a CCU bid. Elon by 5

Wofford @ GSU Are the Eagles entering to the song Statesboro Blues yet? Maybe after this week. WU by 10

Western Carolina @ Liberty The Flames are hungry for a win and they are a better team than people give them credit for. Jennings runs for close to 200 yards. LU by 7

JSU-Chat Don't care

kirkblitz
October 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
App St by 30 or more

whos that in your sig? I've seen that guy on campus before i think, not the president :rotateh:

Coastal89
October 30th, 2006, 08:21 PM
whos that in your sig? I've seen that guy on campus before i think, not the president :rotateh:
Balkman

BULLDOG8180
October 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM
App St by 30 or more

FU@Elon i'm pulling for Furman but an Elon win opens the way for a CCU bid. Elon by 5

Wofford @ GSU Are the Eagles entering to the song Statesboro Blues yet? Maybe after this week. WU by 10

Western Carolina @ Liberty The Flames are hungry for a win and they are a better team than people give them credit for. Jennings runs for close to 200 yards. LU by 7

JSU-Chat Don't care

Where is the love?
We have beaten UTC, WCU, and GSU, should have beaten Wofford and CSU, and could've beaten Furman.

Plus I watched "Facing the Gaints" this afternoon, I don't think it will be 30.

smallcollegefbfan
October 30th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Where is the love?
We have beaten UTC, WCU, and GSU, should have beaten Wofford and CSU, and could've beaten Furman.

I agree. I think ASU wins by about 10-17.

ButlerGSU
October 30th, 2006, 09:36 PM
App State 28 - Citadel - 10
Furman 24 - Elon 17
Wofford 14 - GSU 21
Chattanooga 34 - JaxSt 21
WCU 17- Liberty 10

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Where is the love?

I think most people are thinking along the lines of the fact that this one is in the mountains where we play our best, usually.

If it was at your place I would feel a little uneasy right now, and I'm not just trying to flatter you guys.

Death Dealer
October 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Citadel vs. App St.: no way the dogs beat the mountainqueers in KBS. App by at least two, maybe alot more.

Fuman vs. Elon: if we lose to Elon, I will freak the f*** out. It'll make BL look like a freakin' choirboy. Us by 7, maybe 14.

Wofford vs. GSU: the troubles continue for the Eagles....the terrierables win one, GSU misses a PAT.

J'vill State vs. Chatty: You boys better represent! The Mocs by 10.

WCU vs. Liberty: Could two SOCON teams lose to the Big South in the same season? Say it aint so Paws.....Cats by a FG?

WTF? I don't know.:rolleyes:

ASU Kep
October 31st, 2006, 12:03 AM
The Big South has actually already beaten two SOCONs...you guys and Woffy, both at the hands of the Beach Chickens. WCU would (and likely will) make a third SOCON loss, thus giving the SOCON a losing freakin' record vs. the BS. On the plus side, CCU damn well might be headed back to KBS in the first round if they win out, thus allowing us to even the score a bit. :)

Mountaineer#96
October 31st, 2006, 12:04 AM
blood is already in the water...............I want me a rooster for Thanksgiving!!!!

rokamortis
October 31st, 2006, 04:18 AM
The Big South has actually already beaten two SOCONs...you guys and Woffy, both at the hands of the Beach Chickens. WCU would (and likely will) make a third SOCON loss, thus giving the SOCON a losing freakin' record vs. the BS. On the plus side, CCU damn well might be headed back to KBS in the first round if they win out, thus allowing us to even the score a bit. :)

Don't forget that Chuck South beat El Cid.

OL FU
October 31st, 2006, 06:25 AM
App St by 30 or more

JSU-Chat Don't care

If the committee chooses an 8-3 Furman over a 9-2 CCU with one of Furman's losses being to CCU, then we need to rethink the criteria.

OL FU
October 31st, 2006, 06:38 AM
Citadel vs. App St. - ASU has a let down the Dogs are fired up but the Mountaineers win by 14.

Fuman vs. Elon - As a proud participant in the GoHens top 25 pick 'em contest, Go Hens has FU favored by a whopping 1.5 points:eek: The only one of the big three Elon has at home during the start of their comback year so the Phoenix will be up for the upset. Furman had better play up to its capabilities. I don't think the magic has worn off yet, Furman by 4. ( I really did not won't to pick this game:bawling: )

Wofford vs. GSU - I have had some pretty good luck picking the Eagles this year. I missed the first two games CCSU and CCU but once all the "C's" stopped I hit them all including El Cid and Chatt beating them. Wofford has hit their stride and was the one team SoCon team that has had GSU's number. GSU may lose six games this year:nod: but this will not be one of them only because of the real estate rule: location, location, location. GSU by 4

J'vill State vs. Chatty - This one is at Chattanooga I believe. and the Jacksonville St Folks are pissed at Allison saying he did not take the Chattanooga coaching job just to beat Jacksonville St. But he does just that. Chatt by 3

WCU vs. Liberty: This one could go either way but the way it has gone lately doesn't look good for Western. Liberty by 7

citdog
October 31st, 2006, 06:59 AM
The Citadel@App St

The 'Dogs come in to this game with a whole bunch of confidence and momentum. App maybe, just maybe, thinks they have everything all wrapped up and can just go through the motions and beat my Cadets. If that is the case we win and end up in the top 25 with a 4-5 record. But remember gentleman, and Cap'n Cat, if we had played PC and Newberry instead of Texas A@M and Pittsburgh we would be 5-3 and probably ranked somewhere in the top 20. I don't think Jerry Moore will let his boys come out flat and although we are getting better I like Yosef.....

28-24

Death Dealer
October 31st, 2006, 07:15 AM
:doh: You're right! This is not funny!

Death Dealer
October 31st, 2006, 07:17 AM

Double :doh: !! WTF! If WCU loses to Liberty what is the SOCON record vs. Big South this year? 1-4? xidiotx :bang:

OL FU
October 31st, 2006, 07:18 AM
:doh: You're right! This is not funny!

And Charleston Southern beat the Citadel:eek:
I think 2006 is a lost cause for any head to head with the BSouth. :o

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I'm actually paying attention to the Liberty game. After watching them at our place last week, I'm impressed. Take away the bad behavior on their part at the end and its a tough team Liberty is fielding this year. I don't know anything about WCU aside from their record. But I would like to see Big South beat SoCon again.

OL FU
October 31st, 2006, 07:19 AM
And Charleston Southern beat the Citadel:eek:
I think 2006 is a lost cause for any head to head with the BSouth. :o
Not a lost cause - CCU is 2-2 and Chuck South is 1-0. If WCU wins this weekend we are all tied up:nod: :eek:

OL FU
October 31st, 2006, 07:21 AM
Not a lost cause - CCU is 2-2 and Chuck South is 1-0. If WCU wins this weekend we are all tied up:nod: :eek:

DD , this is another way to get your post count up.
Reply to yourself. xlolx

Also, Citadel will beat the crap out of the keydets this year:nod:

HiHiYikas
October 31st, 2006, 07:22 AM
:cough: Apps 41, runnin' bulldogs 6 :cough:

We're already tied up. I have the Big South at 3-3: GWebb loses to ASU, CCU loses to Elon and GaSo.

OL FU
October 31st, 2006, 07:22 AM
:cough: Apps 41, runnin' bulldogs 6 :cough:

Yep just remembered that one which I think makes it now 3-3.

Come on Western:hurray: :rotateh: :rotateh:

Coastal89
October 31st, 2006, 07:51 AM
We still have Wofford @ GWU and VMI @ El Cid in the last 2 weeks so we're 3-3 right now with 3 left. Can the Big South go 6-3 against the SoCon? Come on VMI.

Death Dealer
October 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM
We still have Wofford @ GWU and VMI @ El Cid in the last 2 weeks so we're 3-3 right now with 3 left. Can the Big South go 6-3 against the SoCon? Come on VMI.
I cannot believe we are even having this conversation!:bang: :mad: :rolleyes: Parity sucks sometimes!:D

thirdgendin
October 31st, 2006, 09:47 AM

It's not a gimme game, but I would favor Wofford over GWU and el cid over VM1. Unfortunately, I don't think I could pick WCU against anyone right now.

Coastal89
October 31st, 2006, 10:03 AM
It's not a gimme game, but I would favor Wofford over GWU and el cid over VM1. Unfortunately, I don't think I could pick WCU against anyone right now.
True but if Wofford doesn't play pass defense any better than they did against CCU they might be in trouble. VMI's a lost cause IMO.

Millwoch
October 31st, 2006, 10:32 AM
Love the pick of Balkman....I loved watching that guy play.

Appy is definately too much for el cid...but I think the Dogs will keep it within a score or two, unless the turnover bug hits us again. Then it will be ugly. We have run clock all year on offense which has kept us in every game expect Pitt. Home field is definately an advantage, but our boys will not be intimidated after playing in College Station and Heinz field earlier this year. Citadel managed to beat a more talented team last week in GSU, but in the end appy is too fast and strong for my boys and much better coached then GSU. 31-17 Appy:bawling:

Upset special is Elon over FU....I think this one is on the low scoring side. Furman is just too concervative to blow Elon out and the Phoenix have nothing to loss. Elon wins a close one 21-20.:nod:

WCU vs. Liberty...What has happened to WCU...they are O-fer in the SOCON...THe injury bug has hurt them as well they have nothing to play for...I am with the majority of the board and say liberty has something to prove and win 24-22..I hope I am wrong as I have to pull for my socon breathren against the BIg South.

Wofford vs GSU...GSU definately has more talent. But with little discipline could be in for a match. Wofford has always had GSU's number, but this wofford team is not what is used to be. They are still well coached and very disciplined, which will keep it close. If GSU can stay under 50 yards in penalties, they outman Wofford 28-20.

ASU Kep
October 31st, 2006, 11:42 AM

Oops, yah I forgot about that one. I guess we'll have to root for a WCU win and then an App/CCU match-up in the playoffs to upset the powerhouse Big South overall on the season. :rotateh: :bang:

Millwoch
October 31st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Oops, yah I forgot about that one. I guess we'll have to root for a WCU win and then an App/CCU match-up in the playoffs to upset the powerhouse Big South overall on the season. :rotateh: :bang:

Citadel will beat VMI...it is at home and homecoming at that. THat should even the score a little.

gophoenix
October 31st, 2006, 07:30 PM
Just a note, it is Elon's homecoming this weekend too.

phoenixsq
October 31st, 2006, 08:19 PM
Double :doh: !! WTF! If WCU loses to Liberty what is the SOCON record vs. Big South this year? 1-4? xidiotx :bang:

Actually GSU and Elon :thumbsup: beat the beach chickens giving us a 2-3 record. But you just can't hate on the Big South too much! They represented this year:cool: :cool:

atlGAmocs
November 1st, 2006, 08:50 AM
Appalachian State vs. The Citadel - The Bulldogs will play tough and will not back down, they have already played @ Tx A&M and Pittsburgh, KBS will not intimidate. However, they don't have the athletes to matchup with the Moutaineers.
ASU 38 Citadel 17

Elon vs. Furman - Furman was not the first team to be embarrased by the Mountaineers this season. It will be interesting to see how they respond against Elon with their fleeting playoff hopes on the line.
Elon 13 FU 24

Georgia Southern vs. Wofford - If this game were in SC i would pick Woffy without a doubt, but it's in Statesboro and makes it a tougher call. I still pick the Terriers.
GSU 23 Wofford 27

Western Carolina @ Liberty - I know that WCU is down this year, but I just can't pick Liberty to beat a SoCon team, even if it is the Catamounts.
WCU 13 Liberty 10

Chattanooga vs. Jacksonville State - The Mocs are not as good as advertised, the defense is okay, but not good. Eldra Buckley is the real deal. Receivers Johnson and Hassell are going to waste with the poor QB play.
UTC 24 Jax St 21

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 1st, 2006, 02:13 PM
WCU over Libery 24-14

GSU over Wofford 28-21 They aren't what they were in '02 and '03. I don't think they can take us.

Appalachian over the Citadel 34-10

Chatty over Jax State 20-10

PaladinFan
November 1st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Love the pick of Balkman....I loved watching that guy play.

Appy is definately too much for el cid...but I think the Dogs will keep it within a score or two, unless the turnover bug hits us again. Then it will be ugly. We have run clock all year on offense which has kept us in every game expect Pitt. Home field is definately an advantage, but our boys will not be intimidated after playing in College Station and Heinz field earlier this year. Citadel managed to beat a more talented team last week in GSU, but in the end appy is too fast and strong for my boys and much better coached then GSU. 31-17 Appy:bawling:

Upset special is Elon over FU....I think this one is on the low scoring side. Furman is just too concervative to blow Elon out and the Phoenix have nothing to loss. Elon wins a close one 21-20.:nod:

WCU vs. Liberty...What has happened to WCU...they are O-fer in the SOCON...THe injury bug has hurt them as well they have nothing to play for...I am with the majority of the board and say liberty has something to prove and win 24-22..I hope I am wrong as I have to pull for my socon breathren against the BIg South.

Wofford vs GSU...GSU definately has more talent. But with little discipline could be in for a match. Wofford has always had GSU's number, but this wofford team is not what is used to be. They are still well coached and very disciplined, which will keep it close. If GSU can stay under 50 yards in penalties, they outman Wofford 28-20.

Elon may not have anything to lose, but Furman has everything to play for. I don't know who wins that battle.

Like I predicted against ASU...

IF Felton plays, Furman wins big.

IF he doesn't Furman wins small.

ASU Kep
November 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM
Elon may not have anything to lose, but Furman has everything to play for. I don't know who wins that battle.

Like I predicted against ASU...

IF Felton plays, Furman wins big.

IF he doesn't Furman wins small.

Yah, that prediction really panned out, huh? xlolx

rb45070
November 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
I think WCU over Liberty 20-16

FU big over elon 34-17

GSU over Wof 28-20

Chat over Jax State 21-10

App over El Cid for the Crown 35-14 :hurray:

Cincy App
November 1st, 2006, 09:05 PM
Actually GSU and Elon :thumbsup: beat the beach chickens giving us a 2-3 record. But you just can't hate on the Big South too much! They represented this year:cool: :cool:

As already stated, ASU blasted GWU earlier in the year. SoCon vs. Big South is currently 3-3. Still, a solid performance by the Big South.

Dabnus Brickey
November 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Here's mine;

Liberty over WCU
Furman over Elon
Wofford over GSU
Chattanooga over Jax
Appy over Citadel