PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown Season Tickets: $30

DFW HOYA
August 20th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Say what you will about Multi-Sport Field (and there's not much to be said...) but six games for $30 is a great deal to watch opponents like Harvard, Brown, Lehigh, etc.

The cost reduction is also a byproduct of declining attendance across many Georgetown sports. Men's basketball attendance fell 20 percent last season and men's lacrosse attendance has decreased from 2,161 a game in 2010 to 1,640 in 2012 to a surprisingly low 824 a game in 2014. Fans vote with their wallets and the combination of poor facilities and declining records just doesn't sell tickets.

As they say, good seats now available:

http://www.wearegeorgetown.com/tickets/football/

Bogus Megapardus
August 20th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Same price as Princeton season tix.

Go Green
August 20th, 2014, 06:56 AM
If you come in after halftime, they almost never check to see if you have a ticket at MSF. I've done it a few times to accommodate my kid's nap schedule.

Model Citizen
August 20th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Indexed to the price of a lap dance?

BEAR
August 20th, 2014, 10:23 AM
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville just dropped their ticket prices for nonconference games to $25 each.

Looks like the economy is bad for even a bottom dwelling SEC team. xlolx

PAllen
August 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
How much is a single game ticket? I seem to remember paying about $5 as a walkup the last time Lehigh was in town.

walliver
August 20th, 2014, 11:28 AM
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville just dropped their ticket prices for nonconference games to $25 each.

Looks like the economy is bad for even a bottom dwelling SEC team. xlolx

SEC attendance overall was down last year. I doubt it is the economy. I suspect it is due to over-saturation and the fact that LSU and the Bama schools have dominated, and UF and UT have tanked. The only SEC games I watch are games with LSU, Bama, Auburn (and I'll watch South Carolina games to pull for the other team). $25 is cheap for a "big time" program, I guess their Sun Belt opponents aren't bring in the fans.

crusader11
August 20th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Good, cheap, family fun on Saturday afternoons. What a steal!

DFW HOYA
August 20th, 2014, 12:09 PM
How much is a single game ticket? I seem to remember paying about $5 as a walkup the last time Lehigh was in town.

Single game $10, usually $10-$15 for homecoming.

Ivytalk
August 20th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Cheap at twice the price!

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 12:42 PM
UNI has $60 season tickets......Yup.

They are in the 4 end zone sections but still talk about a steal of a deal.

Pard4Life
August 20th, 2014, 12:50 PM
LFN complains about attendance at Brown Stain games and that people are not showing up as they used to, but did he think about the price of a ticket? I recall thinking that the price for a Fountain Fowl ticket was a bit steep...

$30 is a good deal, but watching a losing product is not worth any money. I would not even drive to Georgetown to see LC because it's just not worth time and money to see a poor team.

Attendance is an issue even in the SEC. Saban was complaining that students don't show up, while the rest of the stadium is packed; same thing at Georgia. Students are very different from the general attendees, and I'm not sure if that portends anything for the future...

And you have competition from TV... HD TV is an experience, but the whole point of college football is tailgating.

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
LFN complains about attendance at Brown Stain games and that people are not showing up as they used to, but did he think about the price of a ticket? I recall thinking that the price for a Fountain Fowl ticket was a bit steep...

$30 is a good deal, but watching a losing product is not worth any money. I would not even drive to Georgetown to see LC because it's just not worth time and money to see a poor team.

Attendance is an issue even in the SEC. Saban was complaining that students don't show up, while the rest of the stadium is packed; same thing at Georgia. Students are very different from the general attendees, and I'm not sure if that portends anything for the future...

And you have competition from TV... HD TV is an experience, but the whole point of college football is tailgating.
Exactly this.

UNI has issues with student attendance (and dealing with dual Hawkeye/Cyclone fans coming to UNI games ever). The price at UNI is extremely great value.

However, this season all 6 home games are on TV through the state of Iowa in HD.

Season tickets are up over 1k from last season, but what will general walk up ticket sales look like?

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 01:58 PM
You have to really love the game of football or really love Gtown university football to buy a season ticket, I guess.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I don't think you can buy a single game ticket in the end zones for our D2 opponent for that season ticket price.

BEAR
August 20th, 2014, 04:00 PM
SEC attendance overall was down last year. I doubt it is the economy. I suspect it is due to over-saturation and the fact that LSU and the Bama schools have dominated, and UF and UT have tanked. The only SEC games I watch are games with LSU, Bama, Auburn (and I'll watch South Carolina games to pull for the other team). $25 is cheap for a "big time" program, I guess their Sun Belt opponents aren't bring in the fans.

Funniest quote of the day! They are NOT big time. They just happen to be in the same conference. xnodx

CHIP72
August 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM

I was there for Lehigh in 2010 (Patriot League clincher), Lehigh in 2012, and Lafayette in 2013. With the latter two games, I know it was $10.

Incidentally, Lehigh fans outnumbered Georgetown fans at both of their games, and the crowd was probably 50/50 for last year's Lafayette/Georgetown game, probably a few more Leopards fans if anything.

I tend to prefer to sit on the home team side because there are chairbacks.

Pard4Life
August 20th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Single game tickets at L____h are $12. I think Lafayette is $13?

DFW HOYA
August 20th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Incidentally, Lehigh fans outnumbered Georgetown fans at both of their games, and the crowd was probably 50/50 for last year's Lafayette/Georgetown game, probably a few more Leopards fans if anything.

Georgetown always gets a hopeful crowd or two in September, but by mid-October, when Lehigh usually arrives, the home fans are just beaten down. A lot of fans give up (or already have). Georgetown's all-time PL record at home, in games after September, is 5-25. Try to justify that record (at any ticket price) to the casual fan who asks when basketball season starts. Never mind how uncomfortable the MSF is (without so much as a permanent set of rest rooms) , it's a win-loss issue.

Which is, in part, why I've raised my concerns about how fragile the relationship is about to become for Georgetown in the Patriot League. When the 31-14 home losses to Colgate or Bucknell start trending to 42-0 or 55-10 every week, at what point do the fans lose interest altogether?

CHIP72
August 20th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Georgetown always gets a hopeful crowd or two in September, but by mid-October, when Lehigh usually arrives, the home fans are just beaten down. A lot of fans give up (or already have). Georgetown's all-time PL record at home, in games after September, is 5-25. Try to justify that record (at any ticket price) to the casual fan who asks when basketball season starts. Never mind how uncomfortable the MSF is (without so much as a permanent set of rest rooms) , it's a win-loss issue.

Which is, in part, why I've raised my concerns about how fragile the relationship is about to become for Georgetown in the Patriot League. When the 31-14 home losses to Colgate or Bucknell start trending to 42-0 or 55-10 every week, at what point do the fans lose interest altogether?

Georgetown definitely faces an uphill battle in football. I give the Hoya fans I've sat near when I've attended games there credit though - they are into the game and the team even though they have been a distinct underdog in all three games I've attended at Multi-Sport Field.