PDA

View Full Version : MSU at NDSU in 2007

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I heard from a reliable source this weekend that this game is off in 07, unless a 12th game is added. Cats are going to Texas A&M for $500,000 plus instead.

I'm bummed at the loss of a potentially GREAT road trip. Hopefully we can add this back at some point in the near future.

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I heard from a reliable source this weekend that this game is off in 07, unless a 12th game is added. Cats are going to Texas A&M for $500,000 plus instead.

I'm bummed at the loss of a potentially GREAT road trip. Hopefully we can add this back at some point in the near future.

Think positive. You may have a better chance against A&M than NDSU..... :eek: :eek:

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Think positive. You may have a better chance against A&M than NDSU..... :eek: :eek:

Point well taken, until that stud RB Steffes is gone, maybe we don't want any part of NDSU

Hansel
October 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Point well taken, until that stud RB Steffes is gone, maybe we don't want any part of NDSU
he'll be gone next year- but we have guys to replace him

what are MSU's other non-conf games for 07?

NorthDakotaBison
October 30th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I'd be absolutely pissed.

I can understand rescheduling, but buying out the contract and walking................

AggiePride
October 30th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I guess a loss and 500,000 is better than just a loss ;)

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
he'll be gone next year- but we have guys to replace him

what are MSU's other non-conf games for 07?

Don't know yet, but with 8 conference games, 4 at home, I'm sure the other 2 will be in Bozeman. I just hope they're 1AA and not DII. We're 2-4 against DII in Kramer's tenure!!

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'd be absolutely pissed.

I can understand rescheduling, but buying out the contract and walking................

From what I understand, there is no "buying out" involved, since NDSU at MSU last year was not a money game either.

FargoBison
October 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
From what I understand, there is no "buying out" involved, since NDSU at MSU last year was not a money game either.

So the game is being rescheduled then because MSU can't just walk out of a contract without either going to Fargo or buying the game out. I hope NDSU sticks it to MSU and says either buy the game out or play us in 07 because we need home games badly next year. So even if the game doesn't happen we can have some money to pay some I-AA team to come up here and play us.

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:36 PM
So the game is being rescheduled then because MSU can't just walk out of a contract without either going to Fargo or buying the game out. I hope NDSU sticks it to MSU and says either buy the game out or play us in 07 because we need home games badly next year. So even if the game doesn't happen we can have some money to pay some I-AA team to come up here and play us.

I'm reasonably sure we'll try to re-schedule for 08. But I wouldn't blame you for trying to hold us to it. I would, and frankly I'm not happy we're even talking about getting out of this. Our athletic budget is strongly in the black for the first time since our last stadium remodel, so no real need for the big money game in the Big 12, and Fargo is a hell of a lot easier for me to get to than College Station, and would be alot more fun, IMO. I'll post on Bisonville when I know more.

GGASU
October 30th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I guess a loss and 500,000 is better than just a loss ;)

xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :) :) :)

NorthDakotaBison
October 30th, 2006, 03:05 PM
it's great exposure for Montana State, but to not reschedule??????

NDSU has a pretty wide-open schedule in 2007, the only reason an agreement wouldn't be made was if MSU didnt' want to.

RabidRabbit
October 30th, 2006, 03:09 PM
BSC teams seem to be avoiding home return games with GWFC. :nonono2: With great stadiums, 10K + capacities, and many trips to Big Sky country, it's time to come back visiting GWFC campuses.

This years visit to MT by Poly should have been at Poly, now MSU isn't going to come over to Fargo? Bison at this point can accommadate a LOT of different dates, MSU. Work it out! With locations out west, the GWFC is the "natural" OOC teams for the Big Sky to be scheduling. We're an "even" conference, so home/home arrangements are fair to both schools. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Next bit of luck is if Montana backs out on SDSU, after TWO YEARS to visit the Griz :bang: :bang:

Ronbo
October 30th, 2006, 03:14 PM

If they had a home and home scheduled then it's a 50K buyout.

MplsBison
October 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking it's a moot point as a 12 game schedule is going to happen.

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 03:51 PM
it's great exposure for Montana State, but to not reschedule??????

NDSU has a pretty wide-open schedule in 2007, the only reason an agreement wouldn't be made was if MSU didnt' want to.

The only reason not to is the 6th home game. Like I said, if we schedule 12, for the season, I'm pretty sure we would still come to Fargo. If not, we'll play 6 at home, and the 5 road games will be 4 in the BSC, and Texas A&M

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking it's a moot point as a 12 game schedule is going to happen.

I hope you're right, cause I'm working on a train trip for about 40 of us die-hard cats from Northeast Montana.

GOKATS
October 30th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I hope the NCAA adopts the 12 game schedule so MSU can keep the NDSU game on the schedule. There are many 'Cat fans who would like to see a game with NDSU every other year or so, if not on an annual basis. As Walkon explained- with the addition of Northern Colorado to the BSC there are 4 home and 4 road conference games which only allows for one OOC road game with the eleven game schedule (Cats will not play less than 6 home games each year).

MplsBison
October 30th, 2006, 04:27 PM
You should ditch the Big Sky and come with the other north central Land Grants (NDSU and SDSU) to the Gateway!

X-Factor
October 30th, 2006, 04:39 PM
You should ditch the Big Sky and come with the other north central Land Grants (NDSU and SDSU) to the Gateway!

:rolleyes:

bison95
October 30th, 2006, 04:40 PM
A time will come when schools like Montana and MSU, won't get anybody but Chadron State to come play in their house, because they won't return the favor. Sometimes you've gotta do the reach around folks:smiley_wi :nod:

So you end up with 5 home games once in a while, wouldn't playing quality opponents be beneficial?

WYOBISONMAN
October 30th, 2006, 04:42 PM

Please pass the reefer......you are hogging it all!!!

GOKATS
October 30th, 2006, 05:56 PM
A time will come when schools like Montana and MSU, won't get anybody but Chadron State to come play in their house, because they won't return the favor. Sometimes you've gotta do the reach around folks:smiley_wi :nod:

So you end up with 5 home games once in a while, wouldn't playing quality opponents be beneficial?

MSU is in the middle of a hefty 'capital campaign' for expansion and improvements to athletic facilities. When you've got your hand out seeking financial contributions is not the time to move the boosters and fans back in the priority order.

I think most, including the team, coaches & fans would like to see the game happen next fall, but realistically it may not. We'll have to see- if the 12 game schedule is adopted I'd say it's probably a given.

No_Skill
October 30th, 2006, 06:05 PM
We need to put this into perspective. Would NDSU drop a Montana or Montana St. game for a big money game with Nebraska or Michigan?

No Question.

These big money games are a win win for the I-AA teams.

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM

Not a bad idea, Maybe those of us east of Billings should vote to form our own state, too. Maybe West Dakota?? At least that way we could keep our mineral income.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Glad to see A&M is continuing their history of I-AA games...

A&M just played The Citadel this past year, Texas State in 2005 and McNeese State in 2001. Played SHSU in the 1990s as well...

FargoBison
October 30th, 2006, 06:18 PM
We need to put this into perspective. Would NDSU drop a Montana or Montana St. game for a big money game with Nebraska or Michigan?

No Question.

I wouldn't be too happy if we backed out of a series with Montana or Montana St under those circumstances. I'd rather play Montana St or Montana then get our ass kicked by Michigan or Nebraska. My opinion would change if it where against a team I don't really care if NDSU ever plays again but I would like to see NDSU vs the Montana schools whenever possible.

No_Skill
October 30th, 2006, 06:25 PM
How many opportunities will we have to shedule Montana or Montana St. in future?

If Nebraska offered us a game for 1/2 a million, our administration would be fools not to take it. The benefit of the money to our program far outweighs any loyalty we have to the pre-scheduled game.

FargoBison
October 30th, 2006, 06:40 PM
How many opportunities will we have to shedule Montana or Montana St. in future?

If Nebraska offered us a game for 1/2 a million, our administration would be fools not to take it. The benefit of the money to our program far outweighs any loyalty we have to the pre-scheduled game.

Call it foolish if you want but I will take a home and home against a great I-AA school over a big time I-A anyday. IF NDSU was in MSU's situation I would just deal with the fact we only have 5 home games and move on. If I-AA teams want to play a I-A game every year they are going to have to deal with the fact that sometimes they are going to have 5 home games as long as there is an 11 game schedule. If the NDSU game is moved to 08 MSU is going to run into the same problem they have this year since they are going to Minnesota.

ucdtim17
October 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM

Except, you know, the actual game

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Not a bad idea, Maybe those of us east of Billings should vote to form our own state, too. Maybe West Dakota?? At least that way we could keep our mineral income.

I'd vote for that!

Those of us from West of the Divide consider all you easterners North Dakotans anyway.....:D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :p

kardplayer
October 30th, 2006, 06:57 PM
... These big money games are a win win for the I-AA teams.

Even more so because losing to a BCS school doesn't hurt as much in the polls as losing to a I-AA school:rolleyes:

No_Skill
October 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Even more so because losing to a BCS school doesn't hurt as much in the polls as losing to a I-AA school:rolleyes:

In fact, I hear sometimes it can help. :smiley_wi

griz37
October 30th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Next bit of luck is if Montana backs out on SDSU, after TWO YEARS to visit the Griz :bang: :bang:

I hope not. Already starting to plan my trip to Brookings. Would be nice to have a game at the Fargo Dome the next weekend. Now that would be a nightmare schedule.

Go Bison
October 31st, 2006, 08:34 AM
I think home games against quality I-AA teams is what NDSU should go after. Sure the Minnesota game was great but we need to start filling the Fargodome. A game with Montana State would do that.