PDA

View Full Version : ESPN FCS Kickoff Game Thread - SHSU Bearkats vs. EWU Eagles

Sammy94
August 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Sam Houston State Bearkats vs. Eastern Washington Eagles
August 23rd, 2014 • 2:30 p.m • Roos Field • Cheney, Wash.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/15/6002189/eastern-washington-sam-houston-state-2014-game

Time to kickoff the 2014 season. Eat'em Up Kats!!!!!

Sammy94
August 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
SHSU game notes.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

F'N Hawks
August 18th, 2014, 12:06 PM
May have been discussed but what offense and defensive scheme's are Sam Houston State using under Keeler now?

Sammy94
August 18th, 2014, 12:59 PM
what offense and defensive scheme's are Sam Houston State using under Keeler now?

Base offense is a no huddle Air Raid. Base defense is a nickel package.

citdog
August 18th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Have confirmed Coach K.C. Keeler as a guest on The FCS Wedge for the preseason show.

Sammy94
August 18th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Have confirmed Coach K.C. Keeler as a guest on The FCS Wedge for the preseason show.

xthumbsupx

tomq04
August 18th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Cool, since I wasn't paying enough attention last year, when does the Wedge release, and what's the best way to go about listening in?

citdog
August 18th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Cool, since I wasn't paying enough attention last year, when does the Wedge release, and what's the best way to go about listening in?

You'll be able to hear it on CBS Sports Radio 1510 in Spokane. One hour before Montana Football Broadcasts.

tomq04
August 18th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I'll find it this year, cool.

Sam_Kats
August 18th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Should be a great game.

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Should be a good one. I'll be kayaking/fishing on a lake in NW Glacier, but we'll be close enough to Spokane that I should be able to catch it on the radio.

centennial
August 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
You'll be able to hear it on CBS Sports Radio 1510 in Spokane. One hour before Montana Football Broadcasts.
Is it on radio in Denver? Any podcasts?

Southern Bison
August 18th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Should be a good one. I'll be kayaking/fishing on a lake in NW Glacier, but we'll be close enough to Spokane that I should be able to catch it on the radio.

I'll be in the front-stretch at Bristol Motor Speedway but keeping an eye on it through the phone and the AGS tapatalk app.

Lehigh'98
August 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM
How do us easterners listen to the wedge?

wapiti
August 18th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Any predictions for this game:
Mine is SHSU 19 EWU 35 and EWU does not pull away until late in the third. SHSU scores first with a safety.

Bisonator
August 18th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I'll say 42-24 EWU.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
EWU is a known commodity, SHSU is still an enigma. I'll say 42-27 only because I'm sure anybody can score 3 TDs against that D.

fmrbearkat
August 18th, 2014, 06:19 PM
We have 4 stud running backs and our OL pretty much all returns. Added some monster receivers that can block. Offense may be no huddle with expectations of 90+ plays per game but in no way is it pass happy. Goal is 60/40 pass/run. Eastern can't stop the run when they know it's coming and just like the last two years we run for 400+ and do just enough to keep the lead with 00:00's on the clock. Kats jump into the top ten quickly.

dudeitsaid
August 18th, 2014, 07:03 PM
We have 4 stud running backs and our OL pretty much all returns. Added some monster receivers that can block. Offense may be no huddle with expectations of 90+ plays per game but in no way is it pass happy. Goal is 60/40 pass/run. Eastern can't stop the run when they know it's coming and just like the last two years we run for 400+ and do just enough to keep the lead with 00:00's on the clock. Kats jump into the top ten quickly.

It could be more of a track meet than anything else. I'm hoping for, and predicting a close game, with EWU getting the edge at home. 38-35. SHSU is thought to have a very solid D, but there are just too many weapons to cover on the Eagle O. If Kupp is double covered, any number of solid receivers will exploit the opening. If you cover the pass, Forte, and his backups will run wild on you. If you think you've got us bottled up, VA will take off for a first down. This team has so many more weapons than even the stacked team from last year.

And with Tevin McDonald and Jordan Tonani back from injury, Hamlin awarded a 6th year of eligibility, and a solid transfer at corner, the defense will be improved. They may not be in the top 10 in defense by the end of the season, but they shouldn't be in the bottom half.

That being said, SHSU is solid every year. Keeler's a good coach who will have the Kats prepared. Every player will be amped to show their stuff on national TV. And the Bearkats just seem to have our, and other BSC teams number as of late. Of any FCS game on our schedule this year, this is the one that concerns me the most. Whoever wins, I hope both teams showcase their best football on ESPN, and put on a heck of a show for the national audience that drives even more interest to FCS football.

Drblankstare
August 18th, 2014, 07:52 PM
First to 100 wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 18th, 2014, 08:29 PM
EWU 45-10

Curb stomping in this one.

dewey
August 18th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I say EWU 45 SHSU 35.

Dewey

Red & Black
August 18th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Can't remember what my pick was in the previous thread, but I actually think this is going to be a really close game. SHSU has loaded up on BCS transfers and looks to have a really good defense. I am going to go with EWU 35 SHSU 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
August 18th, 2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.storagecraft.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Football-squirrel-236x300.jpg

centennial
August 18th, 2014, 10:07 PM
http://www.storagecraft.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Football-squirrel-236x300.jpg
AMEN!

dewey
August 18th, 2014, 10:16 PM

That is awesome. AMEN!

Dewey

Nickels
August 18th, 2014, 10:36 PM
The red-fielded-rectum-raiders will fall on their faces and show the nation, once again, that SHSU is the superior team. EWWW fans will be wishing for Bell & Flanders back after they get a dose of Hill & Johnson pounding their weak ass D like Beagle gets his ass pounded in downtown Spokane. That overemotional one eye black wearing choke job tool, Vernon Adams, is going to be eating turf and throwing his usual interceptions. That pussy Kupp will flail around on the ground again. All 13 EWWW fans will leave at halftime again. And the Kats will own the Eagles in Cheney...again.

centennial
August 18th, 2014, 10:45 PM
The red-fielded-rectum-raiders will fall on their faces and show the nation, once again, that SHSU is the superior team. EWWW fans will be wishing for Bell & Flanders back after they get a dose of Hill & Johnson pounding their weak ass D like Beagle gets his ass pounded in downtown Spokane. That overemotional one eye black wearing choke job tool, Vernon Adams, is going to be eating turf and throwing his usual interceptions. That pussy Kupp will flail around on the ground again. All 13 EWWW fans will leave at halftime again. And the Kats will own the Eagles in Cheney...again.
Nice!
Football season is finally here.

citdog
August 18th, 2014, 10:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD2rCi84oWI

DJKyR0
August 18th, 2014, 11:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4pgIAiQ.jpg

dudeitsaid
August 19th, 2014, 12:03 AM

And once again, you have proven that you have no class and nothing of any value to offer but your own flagrant homerism. Somehow, even if we win, I don't think it will shut you up.

DJKyR0
August 19th, 2014, 01:09 AM
And once again, you have proven that you have no class and nothing of any value to offer but your own flagrant homerism. Somehow, even if we win, I don't think it will shut you up.

IMHO, nice to finally see somebody with some spine. It gets a little tired seeing everybody pat each other on the back all the time; seeing a little spice in the chili is fun now again, when kept in good spirit.

That said, NDSU would curbstomp SHSU a third time if it came to it.

citdog
August 19th, 2014, 01:13 AM
seeing a little spice in the chili is fun now again.

No beans

dudeitsaid
August 19th, 2014, 10:39 AM
seeing a little spice in the chili is fun now again, when kept in good spirit.

Spice is good in moderation. Heavy portions burn to much on on the way out.xsmhx xeyebrowx

http://hotsaucemall.com/2/HH162.jpg

Sam_Kats
August 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Really hope sometime in the near future SH & NDSU get a series going again.

aces1180
August 19th, 2014, 12:45 PM
No beans

Blasphemy!

In fact, three different types of beans: Chili, black and dark red kidney.xthumbsupx

catamount man
August 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Looking forward to this. I was actually hoping ESPN could do a GAMEDAY for it, but I see that would be too much aid and comfort to the enemy. Good luck to both squads. I will be watching!

fmrbearkat
August 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM
No beans

Blasphemy!

In fact, three different types of beans: Chili, black and dark red kidney.xthumbsupx

Enjoy your stew Canadian!!! Chili doesn't and never will have beans! That's one thing that pisses me off nearly as much as the thought of actually losing to EWU (only because they "should" win this year). I enjoy stews when my wife makes it but don't call it effin chili when it has beans!!

While we're at it......Aunt is pronounced "ant" like the flipping insect not "Awnt" xbangx

oh and were still going to run it right up EWU's pee hole for 400+ yards and win...get ready for tears on the maxi pad!! xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Professor Chaos
August 19th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Enjoy your stew Canadian!!! Chili doesn't and never will have beans! That's one thing that pisses me off nearly as much as the thought of actually losing to EWU (only because they "should" win this year). I enjoy stews when my wife makes it but don't call it effin chili when it has beans!!

While we're at it......Aunt is pronounced "ant" like the flipping insect not "Awnt" xbangx

oh and were still going to run it right up EWU's pee hole for 400+ yards and win...get ready for tears on the maxi pad!! xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx
"You all" sound upset...

tomq04
August 19th, 2014, 05:10 PM
uhhhhhhhh

Grizalltheway
August 19th, 2014, 05:10 PM
"You all" sound upset...

Everything's bigger in Tejas...including butthurt.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2014, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=aces1180;2130070]

LOL...whatever.

EWU is going to piss-pound SHSU

Texas
August 19th, 2014, 09:51 PM
LOL...whatever.

EWU is going to piss-pound SHSU

Heard that one before.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nickels
August 19th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Heard that one before.

I've heard it 3 times before...

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Heard that one before.

After the talent SHSU lost last year?

I'm no EWU fan but I'll still go with a 45-10 win.

MR. CHICKEN
August 20th, 2014, 07:20 AM

19523........YEAH BIZON........SAMMY RANKED 119 th.....IN LOST TALENT FROM LAST SEASON......OWN-LAH 5 OTHERAH SQWADS LOST MORE......SORRAH KC...xcoolx.........AWK!

Bisonator
August 20th, 2014, 07:28 AM

Seriously? A Bison fan should not be going this route. Come on man!

Sammy94
August 20th, 2014, 07:54 AM

Honestly, this team has more talent. There is a lot of unknowns going into the season but talent isn't one of them. The question remains to be is that can all this new talent mesh together this early in the season or not? Not expecting a blow out but it would not surprise me if EWU wins by 10 or so. I would not be surprised by an upset either.

deez_na
August 20th, 2014, 08:33 AM
42-27 EW pulls away late

LuckyKat
August 20th, 2014, 09:16 AM
^This^

LuckyKat
August 20th, 2014, 09:17 AM
EWU gets Manhandled in the trenches on Both sides of the Ball,
BOOK IT!

deez_na
August 20th, 2014, 09:26 AM
BOOK IT!

booked. Sam isn't the same team as years past. EW will not, i repeat will not lose to Sam this weekend. You can take that to the bank.

LuckyKat
August 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM
booked. Sam isn't the same team as years past. EW will not, i repeat will not lose to Sam this weekend. You can take that to the bank.
You are correct, this team is Bigger and Stronger, and SUPER deep and talented at RB,
and I also agree that ewu will not Lose, they Will flat out get BEAT!

MR. CHICKEN
August 20th, 2014, 09:52 AM
19524....KEELER....DIDN'T PULL STRINGS...TA GET DIS....STEEL CAGE RUMBLE.....ON TV....TA GET PECKED BAH DUH IGGLES......JES' DOUBLE TEAM DAT WIDE-OUT KC.....LET X-FER U LOOSE........GONNAH BE CLOSE..ONE WAY/'NOTHERAH......xcoolx.......BRAWK!

tomq04
August 20th, 2014, 10:06 AM
19524....KEELER....DIDN'T PULL STRINGS...TA GET DIS....STEEL CAGE RUMBLE.....ON TV....TA GET PECKED BAH DUH IGGLES......JES' DOUBLE TEAM DAT WIDE-OUT KC.....LET X-FER U LOOSE........GONNAH BE CLOSE..ONE WAY/'NOTHERAH......xcoolx.......BRAWK!

Folks that don't think it will be close going into the 3rd quarter will be shocked. 3rd quarter is notorious for 21-0 runs for EWU.

- - - Updated - - -

Folks that don't think it will be close going into the 3rd quarter will be shocked. 3rd quarter is notorious for 21-0 runs for EWU.

That being said, 4th quarters are notorious for blowing semi finals

aces1180
August 20th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight...

However, I'm hoping for a Sammy win. I love seeing them dominate the Big Sky.

fmrbearkat
August 20th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Everything's bigger in Tejas...including butthurt.

No butthurt here whatsoever. By all accounts we "should" lose this game and I for one won't be shocked if we do. But after seeing the guys a couple times this fall I sure won't be shocked if we win and win big. This team has a chance to be very very good. You just can't start football season without a little smack talk!!!

My true assessment is that if f we stick with the run early in this game and give our young QB a chance to manage the game, build confidence, and not put him in a tough spot we have a chance. The experience he got in the fire vs SEL last year was big for him. Jared Johnson was a big time recruit out of high school. Switched his commit from Oregon to Baylor really late and failed to tell Baylor coaches before he told Oregon coaches and got stuck without a place to go. He has all the ability in the world physically. We just need to find out if he has it mentally. If Ladarious Brown (6'4" 220 lb) can learn the offense quickly and contribute especially in the red zone that will go a long ways in helping out JJ.

IMO what we put out in our 2 deep is the coaches trying to be misleading. No way they keep Overstreet, Brown and Donovan Williams off the field. These 3 will be special. Will be interesting to see how the DB's and linebackers look. Those are the unknowns for us. They look good but who knows.

My hope for Saturday is a good close game by both teams obviously with NO serious injuries to either squad. If we can put together an exciting game without the typical first game sloppiness it will huge for the FCS and the SHSU/EWU programs. IMO this game will have more appeal to the everyday football fan than the playoffs or even the Natty simply due to the fact that people are starving for football right now of any kind and this is the first game that means something. Obviously as fcs fans the playoffs/natty is way bigger but to the random football loving channel surfer this may have more appeal due to football overload in December/January.

TheEagleSHSU
August 20th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I remember a certain 21-7 run in the 2nd quarter last year by the KATS! SHSU has been known to put up some runs of their own.

McNeese75
August 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Sure is a lot of butt puckering going on behind all the bravado by both sides here in this Smack-a-thon :D

Southland Strong xthumbsupx

TheEagleSHSU
August 20th, 2014, 02:45 PM
This more than likely if close coming down to the end could be the game of the year!!! Especially if both these teams go deep in the playoffs and meet in the semifinal or Natty Championship!

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 02:49 PM
This more than likely if close coming down to the end could be the game of the year!!! Especially if both these teams go deep in the playoffs and meet in the semifinal or Natty Championship!

So this could be........

http://www.milb.com/images/2011/03/09/8JBpyyW8.jpg

TheEagleSHSU
August 20th, 2014, 03:20 PM
So this could be........

http://www.milb.com/images/2011/03/09/8JBpyyW8.jpg

I am IN!

Bison56
August 20th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Expecting a sellout?

tomq04
August 20th, 2014, 03:48 PM
It really did sell out early last week. First time i've seen such a thing prior to school starting, which is in late September.

Bison56
August 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
It really did sell out early last week. First time i've seen such a thing prior to school starting, which is in late September.

It always looks better on TV when the seats are full. Hope its a good showing for the FCS. Good luck to both teams I cant wait to watch.xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2014, 04:41 PM
No beans

I'm gonna end up making two pots of chili so you guys can have your "meat sauce" huh? :D

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I'm gonna end up making two pots of chili so you guys can have your "meat sauce" huh? :D

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4i9om0Lue1qbsziao1_500.gif

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4i9om0Lue1qbsziao1_500.gif

3rd place out of 70ish pots in a cook off one time....IBY can vouch for its quality. :D

McNeese75
August 20th, 2014, 05:03 PM

xeyebrowx Now we are starting to enter fantasy world

Nickels
August 20th, 2014, 05:17 PM
xeyebrowx Now we are starting to enter fantasy world
No bull**** 75, we're loaded this year. The sky is the limit if this team comes together. I bull**** alot but I'm saying this with the utmost sincerity. The Kats have a legitimate shot at the NC this year.

McNeese75
August 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Win Saturday and make a believer out of everyone. Personally, I think it is a little too early in the season for your team to come together with a new QB, but, I could be wrong.

fmrbearkat
August 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Win Saturday and make a believer out of everyone. Personally, I think it is a little too early in the season for your team to come together with a new QB, but, I could be wrong.

I tend to agree with both of y'all. Yes we got some big time talent added to the roster and on paper this is the most talented team in Bearkat history and honestly could be the most talented team in the country.

That said talent is a small part of the factor that wins games. Team continuity is a big part of it and I don't know that we have that yet with so much of that big time talent added so late. But if they do then watch out because it will be fun.

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Honestly, this team has more talent. There is a lot of unknowns going into the season but talent isn't one of them. The question remains to be is that can all this new talent mesh together this early in the season or not? Not expecting a blow out but it would not surprise me if EWU wins by 10 or so. I would not be surprised by an upset either.

You could end up being right about your current team being more talented than last year, but honestly, you have no way of knowing that right now until you play somebody other than yourselves. You had a solid core of Seniors last year that had been playing together for a few years, so even if your new guys are more talented, it's hard to imagine the entire team being "better" than last year's right out of the gate on opening day, even if at the end of the season that's the case.

The same can be said of EWU - we have to replace a few guys that we lost last year, some of whom were significant contributors. DT Pulu (currently on the Seahawks), our top 3 CB's, one of whom is playing professionally, and basically our entire interior Offensive Line, even though their replacements are guys who were backups last season and got significant playing time. So even though we're returning what should be a very good team, we really have no way of knowing what we're going to look like. I do think our offense will be very good again, perhaps better than last year...even though that is hard to imagine as well when you consider that our QB threw for a tad under 5,000 yards and we had a 1200+ rusher with a couple other guys getting decent yards too in a RB by committee approach.

It should be a close game. I'm not buying this blowout stuff from either side.

tomq04
August 20th, 2014, 05:49 PM
It should be a close game. I'm not buying this blowout stuff from either side.

It'll be a blow out... after my 3rd bowl of chili that is.

Bison56
August 20th, 2014, 05:51 PM
It'll be a blow out... after my 3rd bowl of chili that is.

With or without beans?

Grizalltheway
August 20th, 2014, 05:52 PM
What's the weather supposed to be like over there for this one? I know we're supposed to have a soaker with snow in the higher mountains here...

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 05:54 PM
What's the weather supposed to be like over there for this one? I know we're supposed to have a soaker with snow in the higher mountains here...

High 70's I think.

Grizalltheway
August 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM
High 70's I think.

So THAT'S where summer's going. Bastages!

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 05:58 PM

I'm not sure what you're like in the real-world, but your interwebs persona is a real D-Bag, indeed.

IBleedYellow
August 20th, 2014, 06:00 PM
3rd place out of 70ish pots in a cook off one time....IBY can vouch for its quality. :D
At first I didn't remember having this chili, but now I remember.

I'll try to keep this short. The best way to talk about BF02's chili would be to think about your favorite steak that you've ever had. Add the perfect amount of seasonings and pretty much awesomesauceness that is the best thing to ever touch your taste buds.

The only reason that this chili didn't get first is because the first person was bribing people with blowjobs and second was bribing with twenties.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 06:03 PM

What are you talking about?

Sammy lost a lot of talent from last year. Maybe they have reloaded, I do not know because I do not follow the team. But they lost some very good players.

Explain it to me then.

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 06:09 PM
On another note, I think we may be wearing these new uniforms that were unveiled yesterday. I like them, although they're not massively different than the previous black ones which I think are only a year old at this point.

http://s17.postimg.org/6tqdmm5wf/EWU.jpg

http://m2.22slides.com/aaronmalmoephotography/3002_image_653108.jpg

Nickels
August 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM

Sammy lost a lot of talent from last year. Maybe they have reloaded, I do not know because I do not follow the team. But they lost some very good players.

Explain it to me then.
The Bison have lost much more than the Kats. Therefore, if you think the Kats aren't going to be worth damn because they lost talent, what does that say about your confidence in the Bison?

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM
No bull**** 75, we're loaded this year. The sky is the limit if this team comes together. I bull**** alot but I'm saying this with the utmost sincerity. The Kats have a legitimate shot at the NC this year.

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/13884070271386314350.GIF

Just in good humor :D

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Or maybe we'll just go with all-red, or some combination.

http://tireball.com/ncaafb/files/2013/12/easter.jpg
http://media.komonews.com/images/120908_Eastern_Washington_Washington_St_Football__ 3.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
The Bison have lost much more than the Kats. Therefore, if you think the Kats aren't going to be worth damn because they lost talent, what does that say about your confidence in the Bison?

Sammy probably will be good but I think EWU will steam roll them in this game. Maybe Sammy will win.

My confidence in the Bison? Bison lost 23 seniors but have 14 starters coming back. Bison will be good. OL finds continuity early.....NC run.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Sammy probably will be good but I think EWU will steam roll them in this game. Maybe Sammy will win.

My confidence in the Bison? Bison lost 23 seniors but have 14 starters coming back. Bison will be good. OL/DL finds continuity early.....NC run.

FIFY a bit. As far as losing more than the Kats, the gap may have narrowed with the FCS, but the cabinet is FAR from empty....

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 06:27 PM
New uniform reveal video and 2014 hype video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRQOgWnthY&list=UU_rXvI7kr_WVWxGi0l-Vogw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0WAAtFvUSY

Red & Black
August 20th, 2014, 07:14 PM
https://ewuathletics.exposure.co/start-fast-finish-strong

Full page of pictures of the new uni's.

dudeitsaid
August 21st, 2014, 01:10 AM
BOOK IT!

I do think this is the most likely place the game will be won or lost. If our line maintains and gives VA time the receivers will have a heyday, and if they can open up holes, the RB's should be able to produce as well. But the word is that your D-line could be the one of the strongest facets of this years team. If you can disrupt VA and keep him off balance enough, you could pull out the win.

Bisonator
August 21st, 2014, 11:04 AM

Explain it to me then.

Pretty simple really. The Bison have lost just as much as SHSU. New coaching staffs for both. Both have talent coming back. So not sure how you can say one team won't be as good but another will. No one knows at this point. Just saying Bison fans should be the last to use the "you guys lost a lot" line.

tomq04
August 21st, 2014, 11:52 AM
It's hard to disrupt the 3 step drop and release. Our offense knows how to move quick when necessary.

TheRevSFA
August 21st, 2014, 12:22 PM

You're loaded with transfers who haven't had a chance to become a cohesive unit. You also have a new coach, new QB (ish) new offensive scheme and are going from the pistol to the air raid. That is a huge adjustment and I doubt your team is at its potential in week 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam is 2-2 going into conference play.

TheRevSFA
August 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM
I think EWU wins but by 10 or so.

BEAR
August 21st, 2014, 12:34 PM
Sammy probably will be good
but I think EWU will steam roll them in this game.
Maybe Sammy will win.

Playing the odds there buddy? That's what I call a brave pick for winner! Who do I put my money on?

Sammy94
August 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
I doubt your team is at its potential in week 1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam is 2-2 going into conference play.

I doubt any team is at its potential going into week 1?

2-2 shouldn't surprise anyone. We are suppose to lose this weekend and at LSU.

TheRevSFA
August 21st, 2014, 01:41 PM
I doubt any team is at its potential going into week 1?

2-2 shouldn't surprise anyone. We are suppose to lose this weekend and at LSU.

Thankfully you get that Colorado State-Pueblo game..and I think you can handle Alabama State.

56n92
August 21st, 2014, 04:42 PM
Clearly, both teams have tons of talent. I don't buy the gelling notion because both teams had spring ball and three weeks this fall to gel. New QB and new coach is better than new coach/incumbent QB. For EWU my biggest concern is all the hype surrounding this and the national attention we have received. Did our guys prepare well? Or do we just fall into the we're #1 so we'll win trap? The other problem is we don't have any worthwhile film to prepare with so we have to be ready for everything (offensively and defensively). For defense that probably means we'll play a generic vanilla defense. It's no secret that defense isn't our strong suit. That combined with not knowing exactly what we're preparing for is cause for concern from this Eagle fan.
Our #1 ranking reflects some amazing skill players we have. But those guys don't get to shine if we're not getting it done in the trenches. My prediction is we rush for more than 300 yards.... You might think I'm kidding but I'm not. Wait and see.

Rjones61
August 21st, 2014, 04:55 PM
It's no secret that defense isn't our strong suit. That combined with not knowing exactly what we're preparing for is cause for concern from this Eagle fan.

Yes, this is one of my biggest concerns as well. Our coaches are masters at adjustments, thus why we always come out hot in the third quarter. I think SHSU will score plenty to open the game, but in the second half our coaches will know what to do about it. This is where we will pull in front.

Red & Black
August 21st, 2014, 05:04 PM
Yes, this is one of my biggest concerns as well. Our coaches are masters at adjustments, thus why we always come out hot in the third quarter. I think SHSU will score plenty to open the game, but in the second half our coaches will know what to do about it. This is where we will pull in front.

Third quarter will be huge. I imagine both teams will do their fair share of scoring in the first half.

fmrbearkat
August 21st, 2014, 06:28 PM
Clearly, both teams have tons of talent. I don't buy the gelling notion because both teams had spring ball and three weeks this fall to gel. New QB and new coach is better than new coach/incumbent QB. For EWU my biggest concern is all the hype surrounding this and the national attention we have received. Did our guys prepare well? Or do we just fall into the we're #1 so we'll win trap? The other problem is we don't have any worthwhile film to prepare with so we have to be ready for everything (offensively and defensively). For defense that probably means we'll play a generic vanilla defense. It's no secret that defense isn't our strong suit. That combined with not knowing exactly what we're preparing for is cause for concern from this Eagle fan.
Our #1 ranking reflects some amazing skill players we have. But those guys don't get to shine if we're not getting it done in the trenches. My prediction is we rush for more than 300 yards.... You might think I'm kidding but I'm not. Wait and see.

Well Kinda....only 4 starters in the spring game will be starting Saturday including our QB who was out all spring with injuries. Most missed because injuries during spring ball, good bit are juco pickups/transfers this fall.

Sammy94
August 22nd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Here is all three video segments from SHSU leading up to the game.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209612318&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Griz0383
August 22nd, 2014, 04:40 PM
I predict EWU up big early and Sam H after struggling early, will gain some momentum through EWU turn overs and in the second half SHSU will make it interesting late in the game! 45 - 35 EWU! Same coach, QB and awesome receivers give a big advantage to EWU.

Griz0383
August 22nd, 2014, 04:43 PM
What is the chance of TV coverage?

Sam_Kats
August 22nd, 2014, 05:04 PM
What is the chance of TV coverage?

Uhhhhhhh..............looking @ your AVI, I'd say about one in a MILLION.

So, you're TELLING ME THERE'S A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hint: ESPN)

UNDColorado
August 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Looking forward to some football! I am not going to pick a winner because I think it will be a close game. Pulling for EWU.

tomq04
August 22nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
ESPN 12:30 pacific standard time.

bonarae
August 23rd, 2014, 08:05 AM
The day has come for the 2014 FCS season to begin!!! xhurrayx

I'm pulling for EWU here. Better offense, no doubt about it.

BisonFan02
August 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
PuMp It Up B****eS!!! :D

BisonFan02
August 23rd, 2014, 09:07 AM
I'll take EWU by 6-7....high scoring game with an over/under around 75-80.

bobcathpdevil56
August 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Are my nipples supposed to be this hard for football to start?

Sam I Am
August 23rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/598549_4173723545683_817810471_n.jpg

Red & Black
August 23rd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Are my nipples supposed to be this hard for football to start?

Yep.

MR. CHICKEN
August 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
AMEN!

centennial
August 23rd, 2014, 12:24 PM
I cannot wait for the 1st game of the season.

veinup
August 23rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
Eagles are going to go down so hard.

Red & Black
August 23rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Pre-Game's on ESPN3 right now...about 30 minutes left.

clickclack
August 23rd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Can't believe college football is back...just sitting here enjoying this game.

CID1990
August 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah this is even better coverage and exposure than the Sun Blet gets!

Front and center on ESPN

Sammy94
August 23rd, 2014, 07:55 PM
Screw ESPN. I can't believe I heard that the real college season starts Wednesday.