18. Harvard Crimson 6-1 607 23
19. Montana State Bobcats 6-3 587 24
20. Eastern Illinois Panthers 5-4 497 14
21. Towson Tigers 6-2 495 NR
22. Maine Black Bears 5-3 465 15
23. Princeton Tigers 6-1 415 18
24. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 5-3 411 NR
25. Portland State Vikings 5-4 333 21

Others receiving votes: Western Kentucky 256, Charleston Southern 240, UC Davis 240, Delaware State 121, Alabama A&M 113, Yale 109, McNeese State 41, Wofford 41, Central Arkansas 40, Tennessee State 30, Gardner-Webb 18, Monmouth 11, Delaware 10, Holy Cross 8, South Carolina State 7.

Ronbo
October 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Wow! We must have posted at the same time wkuhillhound. LOL

GOTOREROS
October 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM
This is a good poll. I think the committee should use this poll.....:D

GOTOREROS

wkuhillhound
October 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was exactly the same time in seconds also....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :nod: :nod: :nod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 12:11 PM
#17, ****en A!

CSU is slowly coming up, will the break into the top 25?

mainejeff
October 30th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Maine doesn't deserve to be in the Top 25. I guess that they are there by default.......

wkuhillhound
October 30th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I'm very disappointed that WKU is not getting much love but that's OK. This is looking like an improbable run of 2002 when WKU won the national championship, so anything can happen in the last 3 games.
@ Northern Iowa
Youngstown State and
Austin Peay

89rabbit
October 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
First trip to the I-AA top 25, not bad for our third year in this division! :hyped:xsmileyclapx:hyped:

birdsflyhigh
October 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I find it hard to believe that WKU gets left out in favor of EIU, Maine and Portland St. How the heck does that happen? EIU is 5-4 with NO ...repeat NO quality wins. PSU's 5 win total includes 4 wins against teams that are a combined 7-26. 5-3 Maine, who just lost at home, is more deserving than 5-3 WKU who won 41-3 last week????? :confused:

Glad to see the ISU Redbirds still hanging in there at #8. The Birds should be a heavy favorite to win 2 of the next 3. :rotateh:

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Let me get this straight: Holy Cross receives votes, but Lehigh gets none? :confused:

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I find it hard to believe that WKU gets left out in favor of EIU, Maine and Portland St. How the heck does that happen? EIU is 5-4 with NO ...repeat NO quality wins. PSU's 5 win total includes 4 wins against teams that are a combined 7-26. 5-3 Maine, who just lost at home, is more deserving than 5-3 WKU who won 41-3 last week????? :confused:

Glad to see the ISU Redbirds still hanging in there at #8. The Birds should be a heavy favorite to win 2 of the next 3. :rotateh:

But it also includes a I-A win, and 2 of the 4 losses against I-A foes. :bow: :bow:

mainejeff
October 30th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Not that it matters, but Maine lost on the road. Thank God that Black Bear fans didn't have to witness that debaucle.

FargoBison
October 30th, 2006, 12:30 PM
This is a good poll. I think the committee should use this poll.....:D

GOTOREROS

I hope they do as well, USD would be out considering two leagues(Patriot and Southland) have auto-bids but no teams in the top 16.

LUHawker
October 30th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Let me get this straight: Holy Cross receives votes, but Lehigh gets none? :confused:

Don't sweat it LFN. Lehigh really doesn't deserve any at this point. Clearly, Holy Cross doesn't either, but that is just voting "memory" going on there with HC. If Lehigh defeats Colgate this week, I think we're up for some votes, but not yet. We just need to keep our heads down, take care of the opposition and look up at the end of the season.

BeauFoster
October 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I hope they do as well, USD would be out considering two leagues(Patriot and Southland) have auto-bids but no teams in the top 16.

But aren't there at least 2 teams in the top 16 that are not eligible?

FargoBison
October 30th, 2006, 12:34 PM
But aren't there at least 2 teams in the top 16 that are not eligible?

Just NDSU so USD would be the last team out.

BeauFoster
October 30th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Just NDSU so USD would be the last team out.

You're right. For some reason I can't keep Poly and Davis separate. I guess I will get seriously flamed for that by someone.

griz37
October 30th, 2006, 12:45 PM

I have 24 of the same 25 teams. I do have WKU in instead of Eastern Illinois.

andy7171
October 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Maine doesn't deserve to be in the Top 25. I guess that they are there by default.......
They lost to Youngstown and Boston College. Anyone could have won or lost in the monsoons in the NE this past weekend. I don't know. I think Maine is a quality team.

Maybe its my guilt for being Towson being ranked over them when they clobbered us at home though.

birdsflyhigh
October 30th, 2006, 01:04 PM
AZGrizFan, don't see how you can defend PSU's record. :bow: No way in heck!!!

PSU has A win over a midling New Mexico team, and 4 wins against teams that are a combined 7-26. That is TERRIBLE!!! They played 3 I-A teams and twice they've been taken to the woodshed and absolutely blown off the field. Also not sure what your point was that 2 of PSU's losses have been to I-AA teams. Most I-AA teams losses are to other I-AA teams.

IMO it's just amazing that PSU is even sniffing the top 25...much less ranked. Hope the playoff selection crew really takes a look at teams' schedules because the Vikings should come up short. :twocents:

dbackjon
October 30th, 2006, 01:12 PM

PSU has A win over a midling New Mexico team

Psssttt....of the I-AA over I-A wins, SIU's over Indiana and PSU's over New Mexico are certainly the most impressive. New Mexico is 5-4, and beat Utah and UTEP. NM only needs to beat San Diego State to go to a bowl.

McNeese75
October 30th, 2006, 01:19 PM

It is moot but USD would probably lose to any team in the SLC :nod:

birdsflyhigh
October 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Pssst....Jon, I DID say MIDLING...which would not preclude New Mexico from making a bowl. How many I-A teams "make" bowls.....60 or more??

PSU is hanging their hat on 1 win. That just doesn't stack up compared to the rest of the bubble playoff teams.

GreenDay17
October 30th, 2006, 01:28 PM
PSU has A win over a midling New Mexico team.... They played 3 I-A teams and twice they've been taken to the woodshed and absolutely blown off the field.

The two woodshed beatings (and they were) were against the current #10 and #22 BCS teams, the first of which PSU was forced to play nearly 3 quarters with their 3rd QB. As a comparison - Montana lost by 34 to Iowa who is not ranked in the BCS. PSU's two 1A losses were by 26 and 43 (an average of 34.5), not that comparative scores mean much but it is some sort of barometer.

Records, and PSU's looks undeserving, are deceptive. Ask Montana who had to hold on to win against PSU who was playing with their 3rd QB and a QB who had only been on the team for 3 practices.

PSU may not be deserving due to their decision to play 3 1A games and losing to both Montana and Montana State, but those teams who make the playoffs will be happy if PSU is not invited.

I am by no means apologizing for PSU's record - it is what it is. I do know, however, that they are a much better team than it appears.:twocents:

birdsflyhigh
October 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
So all the I-AA teams that got taken to the woodshed by a good I-A team should now be given credit? Then there's alot of I-AA teams should be given credit. Heck, just in the Gateway alone we'd have WISC beating WIU, Penn St. over YSU, Oklahoma St. winning over MSU, Georgia taking down WKU and the list goes on for all conferences.

PSU has 1 quality win...that's it folks.

GreenDay17
October 30th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I find it hard to believe that WKU gets left out in favor of EIU, Maine and Portland St. How the heck does that happen? EIU is 5-4 with NO ...repeat NO quality wins. PSU's 5 win total includes 4 wins against teams that are a combined 7-26. 5-3 Maine, who just lost at home, is more deserving than 5-3 WKU who won 41-3 last week?

You fail to mention that WKU's 5 win total includes 4 wins against teams that are a combined 9-27.xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

WKU has 1 quality win...quit telling everyone how undeserving you are by pointing out how undeserving others in the same boat are.

GOTOREROS
October 30th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Which makes the case that if you can't finish in the top 16 you don't deserve to get an auto bid.....:nod:

GOTOREROS

AZGrizFan
October 30th, 2006, 02:08 PM

PSU has A win over a midling New Mexico team, and 4 wins against teams that are a combined 7-26. That is TERRIBLE!!! They played 3 I-A teams and twice they've been taken to the woodshed and absolutely blown off the field. Also not sure what your point was that 2 of PSU's losses have been to I-AA teams. Most I-AA teams losses are to other I-AA teams.

IMO it's just amazing that PSU is even sniffing the top 25...much less ranked. Hope the playoff selection crew really takes a look at teams' schedules because the Vikings should come up short. :twocents:

How would your team do against Cal and Oregon? Just wondering..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And now we're going to start qualifying I-A wins? What happened to the old 85 vs 63 schollies, depth, speed, athleticism arguments about why I-A's should NEVER lose to a I-AA.

True....but HALF of PSU's losses are to I-A teams. We'll find out about PSU in the next few weeks. I think they'll beat NAU and Sac State, end up 6-2 in conference, just being unable to beat a school that starts with "Montana".

Walkon79
October 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM
How would your team do against Cal and Oregon? Just wondering..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And now we're going to start qualifying I-A wins? What happened to the old 85 vs 63 schollies, depth, speed, athleticism arguments about why I-A's should NEVER lose to a I-AA.

True....but HALF of PSU's losses are to I-A teams. We'll find out about PSU in the next few weeks. I think they'll beat NAU and Sac State, end up 6-2 in conference, just being unable to beat a school that starts with "Montana".

Your last sentance is exactly why they should not get in at 7-4. They'll be in 3rd place in the Big Sky at best.

dbackjon
October 30th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Of course if NAU beats Portland, then the same is true for the Jacks (Half losses to I-A, other half to the State of Montana).

GtFllsGriz
October 30th, 2006, 03:47 PM
GreenDay, I agree with one statement you made; I don't want to play PSU again. The bad thing about beating PSU and possibly Cal Poly is you probably have to play them again and you know what happens the second time around. IT IS HARD TO BEAT A GOOD TEAM TWICE!

The same holds true for MSU but if we beat them they are done. Conversly, if they beat us we may see them agains as well. Wow.

Ronbo
October 30th, 2006, 04:18 PM
GreenDay, I agree with one statement you made; I don't want to play PSU again. The bad thing about beating PSU and possibly Cal Poly is you probably have to play them again and you know what happens the second time around. IT IS HARD TO BEAT A GOOD TEAM TWICE!

The same holds true for MSU but if we beat them they are done. Conversly, if they beat us we may see them agains as well. Wow.

We take out them out this weekend and worry about a second meeting later. It's one game at a time.