PDA

View Full Version : James Madison at Lehigh--September 6

ngineer
August 16th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Never too early to start the chatter about both schools' openers. A lot of Questions to be answered about both squads and coaching staffs. In addition, several people have inquired as to whether JMU is bring their band. We certanly hope so.

centennial
August 16th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Does lehigh expect to make playoffs this year? What about JMU?

citdog
August 16th, 2014, 07:50 PM
JMU by 20+.

ngineer
August 16th, 2014, 08:03 PM

Right now there are no "expectations" until we see final product, or at least the final scrimmage on 8/30. Winning the PL this year will be difficult with Fordham the "prohibitive favorite". But should the Rams stumble, Lehigh Lafayette and Bucknell could be in position to take advantage. If the Rams 'run the League table', then the question is whether one of the remaining teams will have a strong enough W-L record to get an at-large. Lehigh's OOC schedule is quite tough, so any success there, in addition to going 5-1 in League could well result a bid. OCC games are: JMU, UNH, Cornell, Monmouth, and Yale. Lehigh would have to go 9-2, with losses to UNH and Fordham to get an at-large. Not impossible, but not something to bank on at this stage of the season. I see a lot of 'toss-up' games right now until we see some turf fly in September.

ngineer
August 16th, 2014, 08:04 PM
JMU by 20+.

Whoa, big boy. Think with the head on your shoulders!

RichH2
August 16th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Unlikely citdog.
Also not likely either make the playoffs.
Tough losing Owens on OL Ford s/b OK. Nick seems to be taking starting spot. Andy happy with D. We'll see how much after scrimmage on Mon. Still a lot to do before JMU.

centennial
August 16th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Right now there are no "expectations" until we see final product, or at least the final scrimmage on 8/30. Winning the PL this year will be difficult with Fordham the "prohibitive favorite". But should the Rams stumble, Lehigh Lafayette and Bucknell could be in position to take advantage. If the Rams 'run the League table', then the question is whether one of the remaining teams will have a strong enough W-L record to get an at-large. Lehigh's OOC schedule is quite tough, so any success there, in addition to going 5-1 in League could well result a bid. OCC games are: JMU, UNH, Cornell, Monmouth, and Yale. Lehigh would have to go 9-2, with losses to UNH and Fordham to get an at-large. Not impossible, but not something to bank on at this stage of the season. I see a lot of 'toss-up' games right now until we see some turf fly in September.
I saw your game vs Lafayette last year. To say that game was a disappointment would be an understatement. I think you guys deserve the 2nd place team rather than the MEAC if you are 9-2.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Really looking forward to this game! Both teams enter the season in very similar shape; a lot of potential but numerous question marks to answer first. I think both teams have legit playoff aspirations. Time will tell if there was reason to believe....

Pard4Life
August 17th, 2014, 09:15 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS! Occasionally, the narcissism of the Lehigh fan base is beyond clear. This game is three weeks away! Get real Lehigh...

RichH2
August 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Georgia Tech QB transfer for JMU will give them an O no matter how new it may be. Passed for over 1000yds and ran for over 500.last yr at Tech. We have always had problems with dual threat QBs. D will be challenged. We should score ,enuf? I'll wait til I see the results of scrimmages.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 17th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Georgia Tech QB transfer for JMU will give them an O no matter how new it may be. Passed for over 1000yds and ran for over 500.last yr at Tech. We have always had problems with dual threat QBs. D will be challenged. We should score ,enuf? I'll wait til I see the results of scrimmages.

After seeing #7 Jamil Robinson in the photo shoot video I like the look of LU's secondary. It appears he spent the summer bench pressing Buicks....

For whatever it's worth, the Sportsnetwork has Shafnisky as one of their star" cover pics for the PL preview....

Lehigh'98
August 17th, 2014, 01:37 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS! Occasionally, the narcissism of the Lehigh fan base is beyond clear. This game is three weeks away! Get real Lehigh...

It's a public message board about FCS football Pard, who cares?

BTW, 9-2 would be a ridiculously good season considering the upgrade in League talent. Not happening unfortunately. Winning 150 will be hard enough.

heath
August 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
After seeing #7 Jamil Robinson in the photo shoot video I like the look of LU's secondary. It appears he spent the summer bench pressing Buicks....

For whatever it's worth, the Sportsnetwork has Shafnisky as one of their star" cover pics for the PL preview....
Nice guy(#7),5th year...................I don't care if you can bench press school buses, if you cannot cover or recognize coverage calls,you don't belong on the field. If you remember the last two seasons there was a guy playing D-back that looked the part, but had no business in the starting lineup. Put your play makers on the field regardless what they look like in a uni.xdrunkyx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 17th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Nice guy(#7),5th year...................I don't care if you can bench press school buses, if you cannot cover or recognize coverage calls,you don't belong on the field. If you remember the last two seasons there was a guy playing D-back that looked the part, but had no business in the starting lineup. Put your play makers on the field regardless what they look like in a uni.xdrunkyx

In general, the secondary has struggled when the ball is in the air. I lost count how many times they would have perfect coverage only to lose track of the ball or the wr when it mattered. Lehigh has always had good athletes back there but they were usually a little on the small size. Not since Lawrence Williams have they had a physically imposing DB imo. Jamil looks like a safety with ability to play at the line of scrimmage to me....

RichH2
August 17th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Ribinson a SS not a cover guy. Rigaud,Leaks and Lawson are all upgrades at CB. All are cover guys . Botts coaches aggressive D. Tight coverage. Ss short on experience but Wilmington and Lambert are tough. Last yr's scheme and lack of Dline strength forced Ss up for run leaving us vulnerable to fake and long pass,see Ram game.

Lehigh'98
August 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Ribinson a SS not a cover guy. Rigaud,Leaks and Lawson are all upgrades at CB. All are cover guys . Botts coaches aggressive D. Tight coverage. Ss short on experience but Wilmington and Lambert are tough. Last yr's scheme and lack of Dline strength forced Ss up for run leaving us vulnerable to fake and long pass,see Ram game.

The Fordham game last year was a perfect example of how not to cover. The td before half may have been the worst play of the season where they let The receiver get behind the secondary.

RichH2
August 17th, 2014, 08:35 PM
The Fordham game last year was a perfect example of how not to cover. The td before half may have been the worst play of the season where they let The receiver get behind the secondary.
And the why was both Ss came up ,one blink Ram behind everyone.Scheme was inconsistent and blitz packages anemic and ill usd. We played a D to minimize not attack. Botts wont. He has the athletes and speed to spare. D will be better. Andy right to highlight lack of takeaways last year.

ngineer
August 17th, 2014, 08:57 PM

Yes, of all plays in that game, that had more impact than any other.

ngineer
August 17th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Unlikely citdog.
Also not likely either make the playoffs.
Tough losing Owens on OL Ford s/b OK. Nick seems to be taking starting spot. Andy happy with D. We'll see how much after scrimmage on Mon. Still a lot to do before JMU.

I heard Owens was hurt, but for good?? Have heard good things about Ford.
Looking forward to see how Leaks does at CB. Has the size and speed, but it the third element there?
What time is scrimmage tomorrow--night?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 17th, 2014, 09:49 PM

.... how's that Lafayette at New Hampshire thread going

RichH2
August 18th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Well Nick took the snaps with 1st offense.

jmufan999
August 18th, 2014, 11:11 AM
seems like this thread is mostly about Lehigh. i'm guessing that's because i may be the last JMU fan still visiting AGS. anyone here???

yes, i do "expect" JMU to make the playoffs, but then again i "expect" that most years. the offense will score points. we get back POSSIBLY our most talented O-lineman (former LT) who missed all of last year, who has been moved to LG where he should absolutely dominate. LT is a talented transfer from UNC. left side of OL will be absolutely enormous but still athletic. Right side is a bit more iffy. Center is very solid, at worst.

good individual defenders: Gage Steele, Marlowe, etc... but i worry about the secondary as well as the switch to 3-4. all 4 starting LB's have CRAZY athleticism, but do we have a NT that can hold up against double teams? that's crucial. need to see this to know for sure.

QB Vad Lee is the real deal. might start off slowly in a new up-tempo offense that's very different for him. could be a lot of shootouts this year until Withers gets the type of defenders he needs. might take about 2-3 years for this. i see some 45-42 finals.

if i were an opponent, i'd much rather play JMU early than late. think we could start off slowly but come on strong toward the end. the Lehigh game should be close. need to see the injury situation at that point before making a prediction.

JMUNJ08
August 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM
seems like this thread is mostly about Lehigh. i'm guessing that's because i may be the last JMU fan still visiting AGS. anyone here???

yes, i do "expect" JMU to make the playoffs, but then again i "expect" that most years. the offense will score points. we get back POSSIBLY our most talented O-lineman (former LT) who missed all of last year, who has been moved to LG where he should absolutely dominate. LT is a talented transfer from UNC. left side of OL will be absolutely enormous but still athletic. Right side is a bit more iffy. Center is very solid, at worst.

good individual defenders: Gage Steele, Marlowe, etc... but i worry about the secondary as well as the switch to 3-4. all 4 starting LB's have CRAZY athleticism, but do we have a NT that can hold up against double teams? that's crucial. need to see this to know for sure.

QB Vad Lee is the real deal. might start off slowly in a new up-tempo offense that's very different for him. could be a lot of shootouts this year until Withers gets the type of defenders he needs. might take about 2-3 years for this. i see some 45-42 finals.

if i were an opponent, i'd much rather play JMU early than late. think we could start off slowly but come on strong toward the end. the Lehigh game should be close. need to see the injury situation at that point before making a prediction.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

I would like to be there for the 10 year reunion but am unsure I can make it...

Good overview. We have a lot of talent still around from MM so hoping Withers knows how to maximize it. Getting in some good game reps at Maryland will be helpful as you stated that the new regime might take time to gel. This should be a pretty even game in my opinion and definitely a resume nugget for either team to make it as an at large to the dance.

ngineer
August 18th, 2014, 10:01 PM

No question I'd rather play you guys early than in October. A lot of "newness" in both teams personnel and coaching staffs can make for a lively affair along with the usual 'first game jitters'. I'm expcting a close game with the winner by 3-7 points right now.

PhillyApp1
August 19th, 2014, 11:17 AM

If i were a JMU fan, i would get excited...They do have a lot of talent from MM...Withers is ALL business and has a track record of his teams preforming well, even at the first game of the year. JMU may surprise everyone and upset Maryland. remember you saw it here first.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
If i were a JMU fan, i would get excited...They do have a lot of talent from MM...Withers is ALL business and has a track record of his teams preforming well, even at the first game of the year. JMU may surprise everyone and upset Maryland. remember you saw it here first.

Maryland should be relatively healthy by their standards the first game which will make them very formidable. Edsall has done a decent job recruiting after a disastrous start in College Park. The Terps should post a solid finish in the Big 10 this year. JMU will have to play extremely well to win imo.....

Lehigh Football Nation
August 19th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Believe me there is NOTHING I'd like better than JMU upsetting Maryland before coming to South Bethlehem. ;)

ngineer
August 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
That would be stupendous. However, I saw Terps play on TV a couple times last year, and they looked pretty anemic, so JMU beating them, imo, is not totally out of the question.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 19th, 2014, 07:11 PM
My annual team preview starts off with the defense:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/08/in-preseason-lehigh-in-unfamiliar.html

I think what struck me the most about making this preview was the numbers from the defense from last season. This group will have to improve from the lows of last years' squad if Lehigh hopes to contend.

heath
August 19th, 2014, 07:52 PM
That MD-JMU game should be a lot of fun to watch. Many MD players are actually auditioning for a future spot on the Dukes, if they do not make the grade or are upset with playing time at college park. Maryland by 20+ as they try to send a message to the Big10.xthumbsupx

jmufan999
August 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM
That would be stupendous. However, I saw Terps play on TV a couple times last year, and they looked pretty anemic, so JMU beating them, imo, is not totally out of the question.

you just never know what you're going to get. watching Tech's lethargy in 2010 was STUNNING. they just never woke up.

watching UNC in 2011 was night and day (by the way, that was Coach Withers coaching UNC in place of Butch Davis that year). Jonathan Cooper at LG (became a top 10 NFL draft pick I believe) and Gio Bernard? holy cow. they were INSPIRED and it was a thorough, slow bludgeoning and we never had a chance for even a second. believe their QB was like 22/23 on the day or something crazy.

you just never know what the FBS team will do. Akron looked "awake" last year but i'm assuming they're far less talented than Maryland this year. and isn't Maryland ranked #39 or something in the country?

not trying to derail the thread, but that game has been mentioned before.

Longhorn
August 23rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
Obviously, (as others have pointed out) Lehigh is not JMU's opener...Maryland is...but JMU faithful are still looking forward to playing Lehigh. It should be a great FCS game.

There's been plenty of talk about Vad Lee, the ACC starter for GT who transferred to JMU with two years of eligibility. Lee won the starters job during the Spring, where he was very impressive, however, JMU's new HC also brought in other transfers who may make a big impact on the Duke's upcoming season.

Keep an eye on the following players:

Skill players on O whio have transferred in include RB Alden Hill (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6374&path=football), RFr., 6'2" 220, who transferred from Tennessee, and Sean Tapley (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6368&path=football), a RSr. transfer from North Carolina (career stats through 3 seasons at UNC 47/602/6TDs). Hill was a 3-4 star recruit who got caught in a deep talent pool at UT, and is expected to split time with 3 others RBs at JMU. Tapley is projected to start opposite Daniel Brown (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2139&path=football), RSr., 6'5" 220, (42/665/8TDs last season).

On the OL, JMU's is very big, athletic and experienced. Two FBS transfers Nick Appel (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6279&path=football), RSr., 6' 6" 310, (North Carolina) and A.J. Bolden (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6277&path=football), RFr., 6' 4" 290 (Toledo) have solidified the depth chart, as has the return of Austin Lane (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2158&path=football), RSr., 6' 5" 310, (Syracuse), who missed all of last year with an injury. Appel and Lane will start.

Other transfers of note are a new NT from Kansas State, Xavier Gates (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6283&path=football), a RJr., who goes 6'3" 316, and is likely to start in the new 3-4 D installed by the new coaching staff. Gates will likely share the position with Alex Mosley (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2153&path=football), RJr., 6'3" 290, who started 6 of 10 games as a RFr. Also on D, helping shore up last season's terrible passing D is Abdul Bangura (http://www2.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2175&path=football), a RJr., (Ole Miss)

Fordham
August 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Jeez, that's a lot of transfers!

RichH2
August 23rd, 2014, 12:05 PM
:)JMU replacing UD as Transfer. U. A lot of FBS talent there. Heck of an opener for LU.

ngineer
August 23rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
:)JMU replacing UD as Transfer. U. A lot of FBS talent there. Heck of an opener for LU.

Very true. However one is always curious as to how good transfers are. Tired of being 2nd or 3rd string and no hope of playing time usually is one of the main motivating reasons for a lot of transfers. So one never knows just how good all these transfers are until the rubber hits the road. They may well be excellent athletes, and we may have more than our hands full, but that just makes it all the more interesting.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2014, 09:49 PM
Lehigh has named their starting QB, Soph. Nick Shafnisky. I think he deserves it for this year. He'll have his work cut out keeping it moving forward imo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pbu9OcuRqvA

RichH2
August 23rd, 2014, 10:20 PM
Safe to expect a lot of highs and lows with this squad,sprinkled with a couple of WTF plays :).Gonna be interesting. If we can make it thru OOC fairly healthy,we should be pretty good for PL schedule.

JMU2004
August 24th, 2014, 10:03 AM
JMU had a lot of attrition in the Spring, and therefore had a lot of needs addressed through transfers. Not typical for JMU, but maybe it will be under Withers ?I'm most excited for Wither's recruiting acumen. He has made a huge difference on the recruiting trail so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Watching JMU get stomped against Maryland....

I don't think this is that surprising given the expectations of JMU coming into the year. Their transfer QB from GT seems like a guy who simply wasn't talented enough to play in the ACC. Perhaps it might have something to do with continuity with a new staff. Today, he looks awkward throwing and running the option....

Go...gate
August 30th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Good luck to Lehigh. I think they will play very well.

carney2
August 31st, 2014, 07:17 PM

None of the above.

Tribal
August 31st, 2014, 11:00 PM
Bump...this game is will tell us a lot about JMU. The UMD game is a flush game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2014, 11:14 PM
Bump...this game is will tell us a lot about JMU. The UMD game is a flush game.

This game should tell quite a bit about both teams...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 2nd, 2014, 11:57 AM
My preview of Lehigh's offense:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/lehigh-offense-miced-up-and-jacked-up.html

And defense:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/08/in-preseason-lehigh-in-unfamiliar.html

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 3rd, 2014, 02:43 AM
Watching JMU get stomped against Maryland....

I don't think this is that surprising given the expectations of JMU coming into the year. Their transfer QB from GT seems like a guy who simply wasn't talented enough to play in the ACC. Perhaps it might have something to do with continuity with a new staff. Today, he looks awkward throwing and running the option....

JMU fans are all pretty bummed about the performance of the team versus UMD. Not many seriously expected a win, but we did expect to see a better offense than what was on display. Vad Lee was talented enough to beat Maryland twice in the ACC, so you can't put this all on the QB. However, the fact that he is running a new offense was very evident. Hopefully a few quirks will get worked out in time for a more confident performance at Lehigh.

The good? Aside from some bonehead plays, the defense played relatively well if you don't look at the 52 points scored. Less than 200 yards given up in the first half. The score was more of a reflection of field position and penalties than the defense. It often does happen this way in FBS vs. FCS games. But we did see flashes of good pressure from the D-line and the LBs working well for a unit that has a new scheme. Keep in mind the JMU offense is now in more of a fast-paced setting versus the slow, clock drain that MM used to run. This has a direct impact on the exposure facing the defense if scores or punts happen too quickly.

Should be a good game. JMU will be better than they were last week against an opponent with much left to prove, including the new starting Sophomore QB. I expect JMU to win, but a wacky wild ride along the way. No matter your allegiances, this should be a fun one to watch on Saturday.

GO DUKES!!!

RichH2
September 3rd, 2014, 08:14 AM
A roller coaster game. Other than home field,most of the advantages lie with JMU.That said, agree that it will be fun to watch. UM game says little about the quality of JMU. Expect JMU game speed to be much higher at the outset until LU gets up to speed. Key is keeping game close til then. 3rd period will be critical for us.

Bill
September 3rd, 2014, 09:25 AM
3rd period will be critical for us.

Rich - I agree. As long as we make crisp line changes and avoid JMU's power play, we'll have a chance in the 3rd. xlolx

PAllen
September 3rd, 2014, 09:43 AM
From what I saw (admittedly just a bit of the game) against Maryland, JMU better clean up their act or their going to give the game away on a dumb penalty.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Starting my game preview tonight. Cannot wait.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
There's a good chance Lehigh hits the magical 10k mark for this game IF the weather cooperates. JMU seems to be bringing a large contingent....

ngineer
September 3rd, 2014, 06:05 PM
There's a good chance Lehigh hits the magical 10k mark for this game IF the weather cooperates. JMU seems to be bringing a large contingent....

..but are they bringing their band??!! Worth the price of admission, alone.

Go...gate
September 3rd, 2014, 11:00 PM
Temperature will be a bit more moderate in Bethlehem by Saturday. Good for both teams.

JMUNJ08
September 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM
Officially not making it to the game...But heard Lehigh has a wonderful feed for those who would still like to root for the Dukes from afar!

jmufan999
September 4th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Starting my game preview tonight. Cannot wait.

not trying to rush you at all, but when do you usually publish these? looking forward to reading it.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2014, 09:02 AM
not trying to rush you at all, but when do you usually publish these? looking forward to reading it.

I split it into 2 parts: today (hopefully in a couple hours) there will be a small 10,000 foot view of JMU, a peek a game notes, weather, etc., and tomorrow a positional breakdown, fearless prediction, keys to the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Game preview is done!

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-preview-james-madison-at-lehigh.html

Reminder: Tomorrow we will have position breakdown and fearless predictions.

citdog
September 4th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Reminder: Tomorrow we will have position breakdown.

Why do you have to break down positions? We all know the position that le high will assume.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31molpsDq6L.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2014, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnfEk-CZ2A0&feature=player_embedded

RichH2
September 4th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Andy sure lowkeying any optimism for Sat. (:

Lehigh Football Nation
September 5th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-breakdown-james-madison-at-lehigh.html

jmufan999
September 5th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-breakdown-james-madison-at-lehigh.html

interesting write-up, you've seriously done your homework. i'm still sticking with a Lehigh victory until i see us play better, especially on the road where we have typically struggled.

one thing i remembered while reading this was that our kick returners had few chances for returns. we gave up 52 points and only returned two kicks; their kicker was crushing the ball all day. typically, FCS schools don't have this luxury. so unless you have a kicker with an abnormally huge leg by FCS standards, we should at least get a shot at a few returns this week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Game about to kick off...

Hopefully the weather holds off. The Temple-Navy game, which starts a 1, might also be under the gun....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Lehigh forced a 3 and out on JMU's first possession. Lehigh goes right down the field for a TD!

7-0 Lehigh 11:11 1Q

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Impressive start.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Heck of a start. Marched right down the field, OL looks strong sp far. Yosha looks like the real deal.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Really dumg late hit penalty

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Bad throw by Lee on what have been a TD....JMU settles for a FG

Lehigh 7-3 7:48 1Q...

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 11:55 AM
JMU responds with a FG. I wonder what the record is for number of plays in a game. This is hurry up on steroids.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM
LU DC best start to catch up with subbing on whistle

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:02 PM
This will be JMU's 3rd offensive possession in the first 9 minutes....

TD JMU, Dukes 10-7 5:42 1Q...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM
That's the defense we've come to know....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Speed kills JMU 10-7

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 12:06 PM
That breakaway run by a JMU back for the TD IMO demonstrates a Patriot league (not just Lehigh) deficiency of the moment vs. the big kids of FCS: speed. Many in the CAA have it. Most in the PL don't.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Nick has to be sharper with throws. JMU stacking the line

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Lehigh's OL looks good....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM
TD Lehigh!! That was a great response!

14-10 Lehigh 3:25 1Q...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM
TD pass LU,great blocking

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Gotta say again OL really looks good. Quick and effective.

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I hope that someone at lehigh has paid the electric bill. They may wear out the scoreboard. not a lot of defense being played by either team so far.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:15 PM
:) True D has been an afterthought

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Very solid defense! Force Lee to throw!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM
And as we say that LU D makes the play

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Need to be smart here...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:22 PM
End of the first quarter. Lehigh 14-10 and driving.....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Big props to Coach Sawyer for OL blocking and schemes

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Shaf needs to do a better job at the line. He has too much experience to make these type lazy errors....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Pandy hits the upright on a FG attempt, no good...

Still 14-10 Lehigh

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Tough miss on FG. Nick has 2 delay of game calls. Not smart.

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Had to break away and check the roster. Yosha is listed at 6"0, 190. Where was he standing and what did he have in his pockets when those stats were recorded? He doesn't look that big.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Lehigh had Lee stopped on the option but both defenders took the RB....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
He really is. LU DL fading. Thank God for JMU penalties

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
With the pace of the game slowing Lehigh can get by with bending but not breaking. That was a good defensive series minus the big run....

JMU misses a short FG!

Lehigh 14-10 9:26 2Q....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM
D is making plays unlike last year, JMU making a lot ofmistakes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Yosha already out of the game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:39 PM
JMU seems ripe for one of those throw backs...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Lehigh down to the JMU 14!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Coyle and Colgate at TE are dominating

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I wonder what LU's record for rushing attempts in the half over the last 30 years is?

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:45 PM
LU pass attack anemic Another missed FG by Pandy,smh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Terrible! LU misses an easy FG...FG kicker still a struggle...

Not since Matt Douglas have they had a reliable FG kicker...

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I wonder what LU's record for rushing attempts in the half over the last 30 years is?

Yes. Not seeing any signs of Air Lehigh from Shafnisky.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:47 PM
JMU mistakes,a break, we are leaving too many pts on the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:50 PM
JMU mistakes,a break, we are leaving too many pts on the field.

Both teams failing to make plays...

- - - Updated - - -

Now Yosha is leaving the field...ugh...

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon offense! points!!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Yosha cramping Sodeke playing well

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Beautiful TD pass to Gaul YYEEESSSS

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Yes. Not seeing any signs of Air Lehigh from Shafnisky.

Shaf is playing VERY well....just enough passing....

and a beautiful TD pass!!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Aww geez that prevent D sucks. Cmon LU pressure Lee.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Terrible defensive coaching! attack!

- - - Updated - - -

Cmon Lee! INT!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM
great pressure nice INT ,penalty is a killer

FCS_pwns_FBS
Time to bring Mickey Matthews back?

Go Lehigh TU owl
D needs to hold them to a FG! Defense!!

jmufan999
September 6th, 2014, 12:59 PM
um, that was a TD. looked like he got BOTH feet in the back of the endzone, not just one. terrible call to go for it on 4th, but should have already been a TD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:00 PM
YES!!! JMU's coach is a moron!

RichH2
Nice of JMU to leave some pts on the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
um, that was a TD. looked like he got BOTH feet in the back of the endzone, not just one. terrible call to go for it on 4th, but should have already been a TD.

I don't know if got possession until he landed out of bounds. It looked like the two were fighting for the ball...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:02 PM
On replay does look like JMU was in ,but tough call.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:03 PM
On replay does look like JMU was in ,but tough call.

I think his foot might have dragged in but did he has possession of the ball? I've looked at the replay and Lambert was definitely wrestling for the ball...

Franks Tanks
September 6th, 2014, 01:03 PM
This is not an affront to Lehigh as they are playing well, but JMU is not impressive. They may be a 2-3 win team in the CAA this year.

Engineer86
September 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM

Kind of like the atrocious 4th down call that was not within a yd of a first down, but granted

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Agree FT. Not impressed at all so far. Lee can run but really inaccurate passer so far. Props to our OL but JMU DL big but not very good.

Engineer86
September 6th, 2014, 01:10 PM
This is not an affront to Lehigh as they are playing well, but JMU is not impressive. They may be a 2-3 win team in the CAA this year.

I agree with this assessment.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Cross in a dogfight with Morgan so far. 10-9

Franks Tanks
September 6th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Agree FT. Not impressed at all so far. Lee can run but really inaccurate passer so far. Props to our OL but JMU DL big but not very good.

Lee had been hyped quite a bit so I was expecting more. He has some wheels as does the JMU RB, but not much else. Lehigh should continue to grind it out in the 2nd half. UNH/Lehigh should be a good one next week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:21 PM
does the video feed go down at half? I just have a screen saver rocking...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Lightning delay?

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Yup,comes back after SE promos at 1/2 time.

superman7515
September 6th, 2014, 01:29 PM

Concur. I picked Lehigh to win this one, but the UNH game will be a much better barometer of where Lehigh is. I think JMU is a very middling team at this point in the seaon, they could very well lose to Charlotte before the season is out.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Both teams cramping up in the 2nd. I hope those pts we blew dotn haunt us. Pandyhas to calm down and focus. D .altho helped a lot by JMU,was much better than what we had last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:30 PM
It's a shame Lehigh can't/won't add lights. It can be absolutely brutal there on a hot day. This would have made for a great night game...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Real Q for me ,can JMU play as bad in the 2nd as theydid in the 1st?

PAllen
September 6th, 2014, 01:41 PM
JMU looks like a bunch of really talented players playing as individuals. That's one of the risks you take with so many transfers, especially with a new coach. If they ever gel as a team, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Nice view of an empty Goodman on CIright now.

PAllen
September 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM
What was the weather? The radar doesn't show a thing moving through the Saucon Valley all day.

ElonFirefighter
September 6th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Whats
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

ElonFirefighter
September 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
What's going on. I'm stuck in a young alumni meeting all day. See its delayed
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Engineer86
September 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
What was the weather? The radar doesn't show a thing moving through the Saucon Valley all day.

Weather has has not changed since 1030. We were shocked walking back in at half time hearing there was a 30 minute delay.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:50 PM
About to get going, players loosing up...

There's more storm cells "floating" around...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
The cell that caused the delay is currently over Easton. There's another one tracking along 78, about 20 miles west of the stadium....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
learned from Weather Channel dont need clouds for lightening, Who knew? :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Second half underway....Lehigh starting that their on 10....

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Left for a "Honey Do" run and return to find a "weather delay." I live only a few miles west and skies are blue. Yet another part of my life that i don't understand.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Not good field postition to start

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Need to avoid turnovers...someone is going to make a big mistake...

Gaul you need to catch that!

wow, got away with one there, kicking game been ugly...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Bad drop by Gaul,nice punt

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Man was an ugly start to the second half...

TD JMU!

Lehigh 21-17 12:03 3Q

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Quick score for JMU

- - - Updated - - -

Speed kills, We need to drive and score

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Holy Cross 16, Morgan State 13. The Morgan State uniforms are hideous enough to qualify for an Oregon East award.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Special teams, outside of Parrish's return, have been poor....more bad field position..protect the ball!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Very stupid play for LU. 2 bad KO plays and a droppedpass not a good start

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:04 PM
whew, that was big pass completion for a first down, grind out a drive!!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Geez, gotta stop the unforced errors .

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Shaf has shown very well passing the ball....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:13 PM
We are getting open long Nick just over throwing by incjes

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:14 PM
The offense did a good job flipping the field, defense needs a stop and get JMU's D back on the field...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
GreT PUNT. gOT TO HOLD HERE.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
C'mon D!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
This could be a game defining type drive....

Franks Tanks
September 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Smart move by JMU having someone other than Lee throw the ball. PI on Lehigh, and a nice run by JMU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
if you let them go 99 yards you're likely going to lose....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Yup, that's a game changer, once Lee got the first down on the scramble they were cooked....

- - - Updated - - -

JMU 24-21 2:40 3Q

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Well that was quick. JMU speed is telling now. Now our mistakes are hurting us. Dreading this next KO.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Thought going in that 3rd was crucial for us. So far we have screwed the pooch

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Lehigh needs a TD on this drive!

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
A lot of carries by Shafnisky. I'm not sure what message I'm getting from that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:33 PM
TD Lehigh! Right up the middle! Wow, did they need that! Sodeke looks really good. This game is going to come down to a turnover...

Lehigh 28 JMU 21 0:03 3Q

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of carries by Shafnisky. I'm not sure what message I'm getting from that.

He can run and throw...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Aight 4th quarter!! C'mon D, force a turnover!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Ah, lightning from the LV has made it to NYC,pouring rain.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:39 PM
D playing back on their heels. Gotta stand up stop playing soft

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Lehigh D looks terrible still....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Aight, 3rd and 31, get a stop!!

With a little help from JMU, Lehigh gets a stop! protect the ball!!

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Need a drive

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Whew, big first down, a 7 minute TD drive would be really nice xnodx

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Fordham @ 'nova game that was scheduled to begin at 3:30 is now pushed back to 4:15.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I'll take a 9:43 drive please

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Ugh, silly mistakes killing them....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Now dumb penalties smh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Well they flipped the field but shot themselves in the foot too much...

- - - Updated - - -

....well if you give up two 95+ yard drives :(

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Great punt again. can we please hold them this time. Do not go soft D again

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM
That was their chance....ugh

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
That was a Td,smh. Next play we go to soft coveraGE iDIOTIC

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:01 PM
D can't do a thing. that missed INT was huge....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 03:01 PM
JMU driving. D gotta stand up now They are slicing us apart. Soft coverage again.DL getting pushed around

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Front 7 is still very soft. The LU offense has the potential to be real good.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Right over center blew LU DL off the ball. 2 90+ drives allowed by D. Guess we are a bit better but DL not very good.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Huge first down!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:12 PM
no faith in the fg kicker...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 6th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Fordham @ 'nova game that was scheduled to begin at 3:30 is now pushed back to 4:15.

Nova up 7-3 with 1:49 left in the 1st Quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM
JMU will in....the Lehigh FG kicking situation has been terrible for far too long...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Pandy has to make one. Blocked . and we lose the game FG misses

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Congrats JMU.....there's definitely some positives to take away from this game. But, a lot of reoccurring issues...terrible FG kicking and shaky D....

carney2
September 6th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Nice job, ChickenSquawks. Competitive and entertaining. Still not sure what to make of the 2014 squad.

Tribal
September 6th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Missed opportunities for both sides. Nice competitive game.

#RisingTribe

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 03:27 PM
OK done banging my head against the wall. O in great shape. D faded in 2nd half. Better in 1st but front 7 manhandled in 2nd.

Positives great OL play,Shaf played a great game as did Yosha and Sodeke. smh on ST play 3 missed FGs and 2 bonehead KO plays not a great start.
Still cant get over the ST fiasco today. D not good but enuftoday, O was excellent. To lose like that is miserable.
Given what everyone seem to expect ,it was better but still disappointing

jmufan999
September 6th, 2014, 03:32 PM
great game, guys. very entertaining. i think both sides have a LOT to work on, both teams are better than they showed today.

also, really poor officiating, but this is nothing new. i hated that call in the endzone that went against JMU (i realize we'll agree to disagree there), but JMU also had several calls go our way. that first down catch we made was CLEARLY a trap and should have been incomplete.

i also have to say i really enjoyed the broadcast. it was stunningly fair/impartial and very professional in general.

good luck to the Mountain Hawks from here on out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
OK done banging my head against the wall. O in great shape. D faded in 2nd half. Better in 1st but front 7 manhandled in 2nd.

Positives great OL play,Shaf played a great game as did Yosha and Sodeke. smh on ST play 3 missed FGs and 2 bonehead KO plays not a great start.
Still cant get over the ST fiasco today. D not good but enuftoday, O was excellent. To lose like that is miserable.
Given what everyone seem to expect ,it was better but still disappointing

Honestly, this game was just about exactly what I expected. Lehigh had their chances but got pushed around a little too much and couldn't do the little things. Lehigh looked a like they did with BB at the helm last year but with a more balanced offense....

Shaf is going to good, as is the offense. The schedule is not THAT difficult so there's definitely reason to be optimistic....these are the games you need to win though...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Oh, I agree . Roller coaster, just venting. Pandy is going to need some psychotherapy this week. No doubt we will be better in 2nd game vs UNH.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Well Lehigh lost 31-28 and Temple fell to Navy 31-24. Promising, but still very disappointing xdrunkyx

Engineer86
September 6th, 2014, 04:00 PM
This was a good game and I think provided a barometer for both teams. Lehigh did not make the playas they needed to win the game. JMU also missed some plays but not at many as Lehigh, thus they owned the game. It was a good game to watch.

CHIP72
September 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Well Lehigh lost 31-28 and Temple fell to Navy 31-24. Promising, but still very disappointing xdrunkyx

For me, you can add Djokovic getting upset by Nishikori at the U.S. Open. xeekx

I've had better sports fan days. Hopefully (from my point of view) Villanova and Lafayette can salvage things, or at least the Eagles can win tomorrow to start their season on a good note.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 04:10 PM

I've had better sports fan days. Hopefully (from my point of view) Villanova and Lafayette can salvage things.

I still have Notre Dame tonight! That was the one I had the most confidence going into. The Lehigh and Temple games were about what I expected...

I think Lehigh has a shot next week against UNH. I don't think they'll win but it wouldn't shock me if they did. I expect another relatively close game if Lehigh can clean up the mental errors. The DL is going to be a problem all season....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Keep an eye on the OL. Nunes and Duffy were both injured at OT. Depth could disappear real quick....Nunes doesn't seem too serious....

Lehigh'98
September 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM

I've had better sports fan days. Hopefully (from my point of view) Villanova and Lafayette can salvage things, or at least the Eagles can win tomorrow to start their season on a good note.

Federer not looking too great right now either.

Sorry to see we lost, missed the game unfortunately, but looks like we played tough. Sorry to hear Dline looks awful again

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Cohen OK actually at OT but better to have Nunes and Duffy back.
DL, Newton is very very good. Laub an upgrade and also good. Guyles just not a NG. He would excel in a 4-3. Mitchell and Remington got snaps at NG. Overall 2ndary was improved vastly over last yr. DC went into sofy coverage and each time JMU burned us. If you build an attacking D youmust play that way. Still D much better than last year. JMU OL just wore our front 7 down . Opponents watching this film will concentrate on inside runs and probably succeed

Southsider
September 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Overall, bout what I expected. Plenty of positives,especially running game. D got pushed around, but we knew that was coming. If Newton holds onto the ball and scores, LU likely wins. Looks like a wasted Scholly on Pandy....just awful! And, did I mention the PA Guy. Still the worst there is. Additionally, the rap music they play during the breaks is enough to keep me, and others for sure, at home. The LU folks really need to step up if they want to keep boasting about"the best game day atmosphere in the PL". On to UNH.

heath
September 6th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Cohen OK actually at OT but better to have Nunes and Duffy back.
DL, Newton is very very good. Laub an upgrade and also good. Guyles just not a NG. He would excel in a 4-3. Mitchell and Remington got snaps at NG. Overall 2ndary was improved vastly over last yr. DC went into sofy coverage and each time JMU burned us. If you build an attacking D youmust play that way. Still D much better than last year. JMU OL just wore our front 7 down . Opponents watching this film will concentrate on inside runs and probably succeed
I would have never thought giving up 600 yards was an improvement. Spin it as you want,your top 2 tacklers were both safeties.xconfusedxxconfusedx Did you see the Time of Possession? We had the ball for almost 15 minutes more, and you say our D-front got wore out. Really? Coulda, Shouda,Woulda still = a L. We have talent but need to grow up, and fast.

ngineer
September 6th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Just got in little while ago. Was at the debacle. This was a winnable game for both teams, and JMU made less critical mistakes. I picked us to win by 3. LU left so many opportunities on the field they will be puking when they watch the film. Still, for a first game, I am encouraged by the talent we have. Just needs to mature and hopefully learn some good lessons today. We may play better next week, but the opponent will be much better. Impressed with JMU's RB Abdullah. Not impressed with the QB for all the hoopla leading up. 200 of JMU's yards came on long speed burns. I thought our secondary played much better than last year, but our DL was not tough, or maybe I should say big, enough. Offense should not be a problem. Thought the play calling, for a first game was decent...EXCEPT the inexplicable QB Draw on 3rd and 13 in fourth quarter at mid-field!! WTF was that?? A lot of weapons to go to. Not one real "Star" (at least yet), which is good as it will make defenses stay honest. Yosha fun to watch, but I expected a bigger back. Seems smaller than the listed 6' 190 lbs. Sodeke has made huge improvement from last year. Some critical drops by Knott and Gaul (not to mention Newton's int/td that never was). Pandy certainly has a strong leg, but if he can't get focused on accuracy, Andy may have to go to the Frosh for shorter shots. Special Teams, other than Devine, who was with his punting, were a killer. 3 missed FGs, two KOR's that put the O in big hole. These things can get cleaned up. With a lot of underclassmen out there, this could be called a 'rebuilding year' but there is enough talent out there to make a real run for the PL because, based upon what I am seeing, anyone other than Georgetown may well contend this year.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I would have never thought giving up 600 yards was an improvement. Spin it as you want,your top 2 tacklers were both safeties.xconfusedxxconfusedx Did you see the Time of Possession? We had the ball for almost 15 minutes more, and you say our D-front got wore out. Really? Coulda, Shouda,Woulda still = a L. We have talent but need to grow up, and fast.
D was better in 1st half ,which was my point. 2nd half ,as I said, was a repeat of last yr. 2 90+drives.Completely lost LOS. TOP again the 2nd half blowout. Hope they can build off 1st half. JMU very big OL but not a good one.

Doc QB
September 6th, 2014, 09:25 PM
The O mixed it up nicely, they protected Shaf early w shorter, confidence building throws. Yosha smaller than listed but a quicker step we havent had in awhile. Our OL pushed them around in the early going, and I was on field pregame...those JMU DL guys were f'm mammoth. No stand out WR but any one guy will make a bug catch week to week.

Defense is too small. DL guys not heavy enough, LB's w DB dimensions. I dont cars if its 3-4 this or 4-3 that 210 pounders and less arent gonna stop anyone consistently. Bright side was some solid man coverage schemes, but whenever we went zone, JMU picked it up and picked it apart for yards.

Some good, some not so good. UNH up there is a helluva test. Would be a huge upset given they bring a ton back, played well late last year, and I am sure remember dropping one at Goodman in what some of the UNH contingent called the worst loss in program history. We needs to make some plays and improve a bunch to keep in that game. Great tests, early, for our squad.

Kinda quiet in Pard-land, huh?

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Dont know why we still go to soft zone. Fools no one and bottom line didn't work last yr why would you expect it to work this year. We are fast and athletic but very light.we're not going to outslug it with anyone,cept Hoyas. What we have is an attacking D. Use it that way.

Engineer86
September 7th, 2014, 06:38 AM

If you area JMU fan and you are happy with that game you have very low expectations. You won because we have a terrible kicker. Other than that Lehigh was the better team today. Quote all the stats you want, watch that game. Ifyou are a JMU fan with playoff expectations, you must think Lehigh is the favorite to win the PL.

Lehigh is picked to finish 4th in the PL and you should be very very happy to be heading home with a win.

heath
September 7th, 2014, 08:50 AM
If you area JMU fan and you are happy with that game you have very low expectations. You won because we have a terrible kicker. Other than that Lehigh was the better team today. Quote all the stats you want, watch that game. Ifyou are a JMU fan with playoff expectations, you must think Lehigh is the favorite to win the PL.

Lehigh is picked to finish 4th in the PL and you should be very very happy to be heading home with a win.
Lehigh was picked to finish 2nd in the PL. An ugly win(like 3-4 games last season) is better than any moral victory, that shows up as a "L" on the schedule.xnodx.

Engineer86
September 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Lehigh was picked to finish 2nd in the PL. An ugly win(like 3-4 games last season) is better than any moral victory, that shows up as a "L" on the schedule.xnodx.

There is no morale victory, Lehigh should have won the game. Picked to finish fourth in some at least one article, picked third in many, second in very few.

CHIP72
September 7th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I think Lehigh has a shot next week against UNH. I don't think they'll win but it wouldn't shock me if they did. I expect another relatively close game if Lehigh can clean up the mental errors. The DL is going to be a problem all season....

You're a lot more optimistic about the UNH game than I am. I'd be happy if Lehigh keeps that game within 14-17 points. Then again, UNH did get beaten by 34 points by Toledo, who just lost by 25 points to a (admittedly) good Missouri team. It's unclear right now how good UNH is.

Lehigh should have never had that chip shot FG blocked in the last minute yesterday. Maybe they lose in OT, but maybe they win too.

heath
September 7th, 2014, 09:31 AM
There is no morale victory, Lehigh should have won the game. Picked to finish fourth in some at least one article, picked third in many, second in very few.
Sorry,at PL media day was what I was referring to, not some article. Once again if shouda,coulda, woulda= a loss,the young team needs to have a short memory,move forward and get better each week. The real season starts with PL games. Just win the title,and given the Fordham game this weekend,4 teams have a shot.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2014, 02:15 PM
My recap: Lehigh Fights Hard, But Bolt Of Lightning and James Madison Power Surge Leads to Defeat, 31-28

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/lehigh-fights-hard-but-bolt-of.html

Also, my prediction in the Game Breakdown is worthy of reading again. No, it wasn't written today.