PDA

View Full Version : Biggest win this weekend 10/28

AppGuy04
October 30th, 2006, 07:49 AM
What was the biggest win this past weekend?

I'm gonna go with ASU 40-7 over Furman

Cal Poly over I-A San Diego St a close 2nd

mcveyrl
October 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I think an argument could be made for UNH over Hofstra considering the weather conditions and the need for UNH to break their slide.

Tribe4SF
October 30th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Biggest win was YSU over Illinois State. Penguins seized control of the Gateway, and now will get a seed if they can win out.

PantherRob82
October 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Biggest win was YSU over Illinois State. Penguins seized control of the Gateway, and now will get a seed if they can win out.

How'd they seize control? 3-way tie at the top and UNI beat YSU.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2006, 09:29 AM

I agree.

texcap
October 30th, 2006, 09:39 AM

From a playoff standpoint I would agree. ASU passed its biggest remaining test (although it could possibly stumble on the two quizzes (Citadel and WCU). They are now in the driver's seat for a #1 or #2 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

Anytime you beat a IA it is great and that game was big too.

WYOBISONMAN
October 30th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I gotta go with Poly having the biggest win.....and the Mustangs beat San Diego State in exciting style too!!

BillLuc1982
October 30th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I am going with ASU's rout of Furman. I knew ASU was going to win, but I didn't know that ASU would OWN Furman like that. Congrats Appalachian State!

RabidRabbit
October 30th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I gotta go with Poly having the biggest win.....and the Mustangs beat San Diego State in exciting style too!!

Unfortunately for the 'Stangs, is that was the "easiest" game for the 4 week period they're going thru :eek:

App St domination of Furman should lock down #1, among play-off eligible teams. Good thing NDSU isn't eligible.

UT-Martin's win over EIU was critical in the OVC.

SDSU over Davis sets them up for playing NDSU for the GWFC title in Fargo on the 18th. Assuming Bison get by Poly & Davis.

Pauly LB
October 30th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Cal Poly, coming off a very tough loss to South Dakota State last weekend coming back to knock off Division 1A San Diego State 16 - 14 !!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Many may not agree, but I think Lehigh's dominating 28-14 win over Holy Cross made them "the team to beat" in the Patriot the rest of the way. Following this team as closely as I do, this team desperately needed a feel-good win on a sloppy field, and they didn't only win, they didn't really let it be close at all.

October 30th, 2006, 10:06 AM
every win!

andy7171
October 30th, 2006, 10:19 AM
OK.
I'm new to this forum but not to I-AA football.
I played at Towson, when it was Towson State during the early 90's. I was exstatic when my school made the commitment to rejoin the upper ranking of the I-AA world. My senior year, 1993, we went 8-2, beating Delaware, and getting screwed out of the playoffs because of politics(We were independants back then, and Delaware, who got in at 8-3 because of their Yankee conference affliation)

That said, Towson whipping up on Delaware AT Delaware 49-35 is my choice for biggest win of the week.

I look forward to all the smack back and forth to come in the future. I-AA football is awesome!

blukeys
October 30th, 2006, 10:25 AM
My vote goes to YSU. Lose and they are in trouble as they would have to hope for 3 teams to get bids from the Gateway. Winning puts them right back in business. ASU is still in the same position they were in before the game, ranked #1. The blowout huts Furman more than it helps ASU.

AppGuy04
October 30th, 2006, 10:25 AM
OK.
I'm new to this forum but not to I-AA football.
I played at Towson, when it was Towson State during the early 90's. I was exstatic when my school made the commitment to rejoin the upper ranking of the I-AA world. My senior year, 1993, we went 8-2, beating Delaware, and getting screwed out of the playoffs because of politics(We were independants back then, and Delaware, who got in at 8-3 because of their Yankee conference affliation)

That said, Towson whipping up on Delaware AT Delaware 49-35 is my choice for biggest win of the week.

I look forward to all the smack back and forth to come in the future. I-AA football is awesome!

welcome, and keep the smack on the smack board, UD fans will gladly smack back

andy7171
October 30th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Will do.
I can't wait to go to Towson this weekend to see my Tiger play W&M!

UMass922
October 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Either UT-M over EIU or DSU over SCSU, because those teams are in (what are likely) one-bid leagues. Appalachian's win over Furman was a true "statement" performance, but Appy was already pretty much a lock for the playoffs anyway. They had/have more margin for error than the OVC or MEAC teams.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 30th, 2006, 09:49 PM
every win!
You are right there......but my vote goes to App State over Furman. JMU over Richmond was not too shabby either.......somewhat bias!!!!

ngineer
October 30th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Cal Poly was my choice for biggest win. To bounce back from their loss to beat a respected I-A program was impressive.:thumbsup:

igo4uni
October 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Cal Poly was my choice for biggest win. To bounce back from their loss to beat a respected I-A program was impressive.:thumbsup:

Yup!!!!!!!!!!!

Chucktown
October 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Def UT-Martin over EIU. If EIU had won, they would've prob continued on to get the autobid... and UT-Martin would have serious consideration for at large at 9-2. Now this win will prob keep the OVC only having one team in the playoffs once again- : ( (but hopefully not)

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 07:15 AM
I agree on that one. I kind of expected ASU to win, but not by that much. UT-Martin could sneak in.

SoCon48
October 31st, 2006, 09:30 AM
I agree on that one. I kind of expected ASU to win, but not by that much. UT-Martin could sneak in.
With Felton, it likely wouldn't have been that much. Both teams would have prob put up big points.

FlyYtown
October 31st, 2006, 03:13 PM
How'd they seize control? 3-way tie at the top and UNI beat YSU.

LOL My PantherRob82 man..... UNI has to beat ILSU-WKU-SIU for any chance to make the playoffs.

Right now if YSU wins out; its likely we will win the Gateway outright and get the seed. Why? UNI will have to beat 3 of the top 4 teams in the Gateway to have any shot of making it. Right now I don't think you will do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you guys do...

----
Biggest Wins of the Week
TIE:
1) Appy State over Furman: Any critics were shut up here; APPY ST. is for real!!!

2) YSU over Illinois State: From the possiblity of having to sit with 3 losses; to controlling their own destiny!

nmatsen
October 31st, 2006, 03:16 PM
LOL My PantherRob82 man..... UNI has to beat ILSU-WKU-SIU for any chance to make the playoffs.

Right now if YSU wins out; its likely we will win the Gateway outright and get the seed. Why? UNI will have to beat 3 of the top 4 teams in the Gateway to have any shot of making it. Right now I don't think you will do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you guys do...

----
Biggest Wins of the Week
TIE:
1) Appy State over Furman: Any critics were shut up here; APPY ST. is for real!!!

2) YSU over Illinois State: From the possiblity of having to sit with 3 losses; to controlling their own destiny!

Its easy to beat 3 of the 4 top teams in the Gateway when year in and year out you ARE the top team in the Gateway:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

FlyYtown
October 31st, 2006, 03:27 PM
Its easy to beat 3 of the 4 top teams in the Gateway when year in and year out you ARE the top team in the Gateway:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi
You sure thats the case this year my friend??? According to the rankings... YSU and ILSU are the top teams this year.... Standings Wise; YSU and WKU are #1 in the Conf.

STANDINGS CONF ALL

Youngstown St. 4-1 7-2
Western Kentucky 4-1 5-3
Illinois St. 3-1 6-2
Northern Iowa 3-1 5-3
Southern Ill. 3-2 6-2
Western Illinois 1-4 4-5
Indiana St. 1-4 1-8
Missouri State 0-5 1-8

Walkon79
October 31st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Montana State scoring 14 unanswered in the 4th over Weber State to keep us in the BSC title hunt. The last coming on a 51 yard INT for a touchdown with 4:00 left in the game. 24-18 final.

JohnStOnge
October 31st, 2006, 05:47 PM
The biggest to ME was McNeese over Sam Houston State. When Northwestern State beat Texas State earlier in the day, it created the opportunity for McNeese to control its own destiny. Every game essentially became a playoff game. And the Cowboys won the first one.

Of course it'll all be for naught if they lose to Southeastern Louisiana this week.

RabidRabbit
October 31st, 2006, 05:53 PM
UT-Martin beating EIU - Pretty much likely to be the OVC championship game.

Understand that TN St and UT-Martin can tie undefeated because they don't play each other.

What's the story about Tn St.? They're not getting any love here (in the polls).

matfu
October 31st, 2006, 07:25 PM
furman outplayed app in the first half but after the blocked field goal for a TD with 1 minute and 15 seconds in the first half...furman was down at 14-7 and never recovered; felton was in only three plays as a decoy; if we are fortunate enough to win our next two games and get in the playoffs we could have to go to boone again in the second round.