PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota doesn't want NDSU fans at their game

Pages : [1] 2

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Since USD doesn't have a message board, this seems like a good place to publicly shame them.

Single game tickets go on sale 8/18 for all games EXCEPT

0/25/2014

Saturday

2:00 PM

FB1404 - Football vs. North Dakota State
Tickets go on sale: 08/18/2014 1:00 AM

DakotaDome

https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_260.jpg
VS
https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_2225.jpg

Season Ticket Holder and Howling Pack sales only.

So you have to buy a season ticket or be in their scholarship club to get a ticket to that game.

Prepare for a lot of empty seats at the rest of your games. You think NDSU fans won't buy season tickets and throw them in the garbage?

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Since USD doesn't have a message board, this seems like a good place to publicly shame them.

Single game tickets go on sale 8/18 for all games EXCEPT

0/25/2014

Saturday

2:00 PM

FB1404 - Football vs. North Dakota State
Tickets go on sale: 08/18/2014 1:00 AM

DakotaDome

https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_260.jpg
VS
https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_2225.jpg

Season Ticket Holder and Howling Pack sales only.

So you have to buy a season ticket or be in their scholarship club to get a ticket to that game.

Prepare for a lot of empty seats at the rest of your games. You think NDSU fans won't buy season tickets and throw them in the garbage?

.....but then you have to go to Vermillion?

- - - Updated - - -

And they do have a message board last I checked.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM
.....but then you have to go to Vermillion?

- - - Updated - - -

And they do have a message board last I checked.

what's the URL? Is it public?

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2014, 09:52 AM

Gotta be a member....lakes is already kinda on it xlolx

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Plot already foiled....you only need one membership or one season ticket to give you access...buy one season ticket....buy 25 tickets to the NDSU game...little surcharge and done.

superman7515
August 15th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Pretty smart by USD.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Pretty smart by USD.

The problem is they don't have enough juice to sell it out themselves so maybe they get a few more grand but that would probably be more efficiently done through a ticket premium.

BisonBacker
August 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM
http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/

- - - Updated - - -

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I found that. Curiosity got the better of me so I registered so I could snoop a little.

Professor Chaos
August 15th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Pretty smart by USD.
I'm not so sure. It would be smarter to do it the way UNI did it. Open up single game sales of the NDSU game early to season ticket holders/donors and then sell it at a premium game price when single game tickets do go on sale if there's still some left. They're throwing money down the drain that their athletic department could be pulling in by trying to freeze out NDSU fans completely.

kgthorson78
August 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Maybe there are too many people in South Dakota that want to see their team get beat by NDSU

darell1976
August 15th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Is there any other FCS school that does this? I can maybe seeing buying a ticket to a basketball game along with this game but to buy season tickets or a club that's just stupid. It's not only going to affect Bison fans but what about Coyote fans that live in Rapid City or elsewhere and can only make it to a couple games, now that fan has to waste money on season tickets or a club. Totally stupid!!! If UND did this I would be very pissed!!

UNIFanSince1983
August 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I'm not so sure. It would be smarter to do it the way UNI did it. Open up single game sales of the NDSU game early to season ticket holders/donors and then sell it at a premium game price when single game tickets do go on sale if there's still some left. They're throwing money down the drain that their athletic department could be pulling in by trying to freeze out NDSU fans completely.

Yeah I really like the way we did it this year.

The way I figure is there are going to be a bunch of NDSU fans at the game anyway. May as well give our fans first shot, and then if there are still some left charge a premium and get as much money out of the Bison fans as possible.

UNIFanSince1983
August 15th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Is there any other FCS school that does this? I can maybe seeing buying a ticket to a basketball game along with this game but to buy season tickets or a club that's just stupid. It's not only going to affect Bison fans but what about Coyote fans that live in Rapid City or elsewhere and can only make it to a couple games, now that fan has to waste money on season tickets or a club. Totally stupid!!! If UND did this I would be very pissed!!

I doubt many (if any) FCS schools do this. I know a few years ago Iowa State made you do this if you wanted tickets to the Iowa/ISU game I am pretty sure. Like you said it hurts some USD fans who want to maybe just go to a game or two. What if NDSU is the only weekend they have open or something and they can't go because of this stupid policy.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Yeah I really like the way we did it this year.

The way I figure is there are going to be a bunch of NDSU fans at the game anyway. May as well give our fans first shot, and then if there are still some left charge a premium and get as much money out of the Bison fans as possible.

I paid $45 per ticket, I don't remember how much more it was but certainly nothing onerous.

MplsBison
August 15th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Pretty smart by USD.

Except for that little thing called the "secondary" market.

Do they really think USD people won't sell tickets? People have stuff to do, weddings, etc.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Do they really think USD people won't sell tickets? People have stuff to do, weddings, etc.

Lets just put it this way. They can sell maybe 6-7k on their own, total.

I anticipate that there will be plenty of tickets for Bison fans. This is just a way better story than it needed to be.

Yote 53
August 15th, 2014, 02:44 PM

It will happen something like this. Right now NDSU tickets are available to season ticket holders and Howling Pack members only. I can buy as many as I want. Eventually, single game tickets for this game will be rolled out, probably sometime after the Dakota Day game where I am betting you will be able to buy NDSU game tickets at the walk-up window on D-Days before they become available online. So if some of you Bison fans want to come down for D-Days so you can get your tickets, I'll have a beer waiting for you at my tailgate spot.

You see, we're kind of smart like this. We know there is demand for the game. We know the Bison will travel. We know the game will be sold out. We're just giving USD fans every opportunity to purchase tickets before it is opened up to the general public.

superman7515
August 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM

Absolutely they'll sell the tickets. So USD "increases" their season ticket holders, increases the money taken in by the fees associated with same, and attendance (along with subsequent sales of brats and beer) won't be hurt in the games that NDSU/USD folks who bought those season tickets don't want to go to, because they'll just sell them on the secondary market.

If they're having a good year, secondary markets will be paying face value; if not, they'll get them on the cheap and have more money to spend inside the stadium, to wit USD actually makes more money because they already sold the ticket at face and the folks who saved money spend more on merch in the stadium. Maybe they'll try to talk the coach into tanking for more ping-pong balls in the draft lottery.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 02:50 PM
It will happen something like this. Right now NDSU tickets are available to season ticket holders and Howling Pack members only. I can buy as many as I want. Eventually, single game tickets for this game will be rolled out, probably sometime after the Dakota Day game where I am betting you will be able to buy NDSU game tickets at the walk-up window on D-Days before they become available online. So if some of you Bison fans want to come down for D-Days so you can get your tickets, I'll have a beer waiting for you at my tailgate spot.

You see, we're kind of smart like this. We know there is demand for the game. We know the Bison will travel. We know the game will be sold out. We're just giving USD fans every opportunity to purchase tickets before it is opened up to the general public.

Consider it the extra $10 tip on the nightstand after you get used.

dewey
August 15th, 2014, 03:18 PM
How many of you guys/gals are thinking about going to this game? Could one person become part of the yipping club and then buy a TON of tickets and then divide the cost of the yipping club fee amongst all of the ticket buyers? Get 10 people and each person the pays $10 more for their ticket?

Here is a link to the USD ticket page.
http://www.goyotes.com/tickets/2014-fb-tickets.html

Here is the yipping club page.
https://www.onwardsd.org/donate/give-to-howling-pack?tab=1

Here is the text from the yipping club page.
Become a Howling Pack member for the 2014-15 season.
Please help support Coyote student-athletes by making a gift now.
Donor Level and Coyote Points for the 2014-15 season will be calculated based on gifts received from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
The deadline to renew Howling Pack memberships and purchase 2014 football season tickets was June 2, 2014.

So 4 people could get together and buy a Family 4 pack for $302 (~$76 per person).

I am thinking about driving over from Minneapolis in my quest to see NDSU play at every MVFC stadium.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM
How many of you guys/gals are thinking about going to this game? Could one person become part of the yipping club and then buy a TON of tickets and then divide the cost of the yipping club fee amongst all of the ticket buyers?

I am thinking about driving over from Minneapolis in my quest to see NDSU play at every MVFC stadium.

Dewey

That appears to be the thinking over on BV. Again, we can probably walk up and buy these tickets.

dewey
August 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM
There is a certain someone over on BV that is willing to buy one season ticket and then buy tickets for everyone else.

Dewey

Houndawg
August 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Lets just put it this way. They can sell maybe 6-7k on their own, total.

I anticipate that there will be plenty of tickets for Bison fans. This is just a way better story than it needed to be.

I hope you find a livelier bunch than the ones you brought to Carbondale last year.xboringx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I hope you find a livelier bunch than the ones you brought to Carbondale last year.xboringx

Good to meet you too, asshole! :D

URMite
August 15th, 2014, 04:19 PM
This sounds like our attempt for basketball this season. After our rival (with 8 to 10 times our enrollment) bought perhaps 20% of the tickets at our place last year, this year we are offering extra tickets to season ticket holders at 40% off before later opening sales up to the public.

Apparently hoping there will be much fewer left for them to buy.

OBC
August 15th, 2014, 05:29 PM
http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081514aaa.html

Single-game football tickets available Monday

Aug. 15, 2014
VERMILLION, S.D.—Select single-game tickets to South Dakota home football games will be available to purchase Monday through GoYotes.com starting at 5 a.m. or by calling the USD ticket office at 605-677-5959 starting at 1 p.m.

Single-game prices for William Penn (Sept. 6), Northern Arizona (9/20), Western Illinois (11/8) and Illinois State (11/15) are $19 for adults and $10 for youths aged 4-18. Single-game prices for the DakotaDays contest against UNI on Oct. 11 are $30 for adults and $15 for youths.

South Dakota is also offering a Coyote Pack, which features tickets for both the season opener on Sept. 6 and for the Oct. 25 matchup with three-time defending national champion North Dakota State. The Coyote Pack prices are $45 each.

Group rates are available for select games. Please call the ticket office at 605-677-5959 for more information.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 05:33 PM

Aug. 15, 2014
VERMILLION, S.D.—Select single-game tickets to South Dakota home football games will be available to purchase Monday through GoYotes.com starting at 5 a.m. or by calling the USD ticket office at 605-677-5959 starting at 1 p.m.

Single-game prices for William Penn (Sept. 6), Northern Arizona (9/20), Western Illinois (11/8) and Illinois State (11/15) are $19 for adults and $10 for youths aged 4-18. Single-game prices for the DakotaDays contest against UNI on Oct. 11 are $30 for adults and $15 for youths.

South Dakota is also offering a Coyote Pack, which features tickets for both the season opener on Sept. 6 and for the Oct. 25 matchup with three-time defending national champion North Dakota State. The Coyote Pack prices are $45 each.

Group rates are available for select games. Please call the ticket office at 605-677-5959 for more information.

We had someone on Bisonville say that all tickets would be available on Monday. If they insist on the package deal, it will be a lot like the Colgate game.

Houndawg
August 15th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Good to meet you too, asshole! :D

xlolx

You gotta admit that was a pretty quiet bunch. Other than you and Tatanka I don't remember hearing anybody speak. The old guy I sat by in the stadium was cool, knew his football too.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 05:39 PM
xlolx

You gotta admit that was a pretty quiet bunch. Other than you and Tatanka I don't remember hearing speak.

Hey, at least we went into the stadium. I remember the drunk kid stumbling up to me afterward asking who won. That was pretty funny.

Yotes
August 15th, 2014, 06:15 PM
There is a certain someone over on BV that is willing to buy one season ticket and then buy tickets for everyone else.

Dewey
Guarantee the ticket office would block that order.

The AD is going to do everything in their power to keep NDSU fans out, and you'll probably get 15% of the crowd if I had to guess. It's a shame we have to use these tactics, but we already put them into practice against SDSU last year and will probably have the procedure down better this year. The only variable is that the NDSU fanbase is a whole different animal. Maybe you'll have a loss or two by then and the fans will have much less interest in a road trip for a regular season game against USD.

centennial
August 15th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Guarantee the ticket office would block that order.

The AD is going to do everything in their power to keep NDSU fans out, and you'll probably get 15% of the crowd if I had to guess. It's a shame we have to use these tactics, but we already put them into practice against SDSU last year and will probably have the procedure down better this year. The only variable is that the NDSU fanbase is a whole different animal. Maybe you'll have a loss or two by then and the fans will have much less interest in a road trip for a regular season game against USD.
We will find a way for everyone that wants to go to the game to get there. You don't sell out your stadium. There will be more than enough tickets to go around even at $45. Shame on USD.

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2014, 06:37 PM
xlolx

You gotta admit that was a pretty quiet bunch. Other than you and Tatanka I don't remember hearing anybody speak. The old guy I sat by in the stadium was cool, knew his football too.

Why do I have a feeling I know who this is...... xlolx

Bisonoline
August 15th, 2014, 06:47 PM

Now thats funny. I dont know how many of your fans started to show up just before halftime. But it was a bunch. Plus fans kept arriving here and there all game. WTF were they doing? They certainly werent there for the ball game as all they did was talk about everything but what was going on on the field. Then when the 3rd quarter finished they all got up and left??????

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 06:50 PM
We will find a way for everyone that wants to go to the game to get there. You don't sell out your stadium. There will be more than enough tickets to go around even at $45. Shame on USD.

They barely sell 60% of their stadium. For Montana last year they had 6700. Pathetic.

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2014, 06:52 PM

Two words: Frisco Cruiser.....Bus

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 15th, 2014, 08:02 PM
They barely sell 60% of their stadium. For Montana last year they had 6700. Pathetic.

Too bad the game is not in SF again but after that cluster**ck for them, USD officials probably will never do that again.

dewey
August 15th, 2014, 11:02 PM

Aug. 15, 2014

I predict a LOT of empty seats in Vermillion for the season opener thanks to NDSU fans. For $45 I would buy the 'package deal' and tell the ticket office to give the tickets to some under privileged kids in the area.

Also make sure to tell them that they are from NDSU fans. Possibly donate them to a church or a local YMCA.

Dewey

Bisonoline
August 15th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I predict a LOT of empty seats in Vermillion for the season opener thanks to NDSU fans. For $45 I would buy the 'package deal' and tell the ticket office to give the tickets to some under privileged kids in the area.

Also make sure to tell them that they are from NDSU fans. Possibly donate them to a church or a local YMCA.

Dewey

They did the same thing a couple of years ago when they pawned the Colgate game off on us as well. They knew they wouldnt get squat for the Willy and Penn show so they will make NDSU fans pay the freight. What a bunch of jack wagons.

Houndawg
August 16th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Hey, at least we went into the stadium. I remember the drunk kid stumbling up to me afterward asking who won. That was pretty funny.

xlolx

MplsBison
August 16th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Absolutely they'll sell the tickets. So USD "increases" their season ticket holders, increases the money taken in by the fees associated with same, and attendance (along with subsequent sales of brats and beer) won't be hurt in the games that NDSU/USD folks who bought those season tickets don't want to go to, because they'll just sell them on the secondary market.

If they're having a good year, secondary markets will be paying face value; if not, they'll get them on the cheap and have more money to spend inside the stadium, to wit USD actually makes more money because they already sold the ticket at face and the folks who saved money spend more on merch in the stadium. Maybe they'll try to talk the coach into tanking for more ping-pong balls in the draft lottery.

I'm not sure if I understand your point, but I don't believe we're on the same wavelength.

Let's say the USD athletic department somehow makes their ultimate fantasy come true: the NDSU game is 100% sold out by USD alumni purchasing every, single ticket from the athletic department.

OK, that means zero NDSU fans will be in attendance, right?

False.

That was my point. NDSU fans will still be in possession of tickets on gameday, because of the secondary market. People have things to do and can't go to the game whereas they thought they'd be able to go when they bought the tickets. So they sell those tickets on the secondary market, where an NDSU fan purchases them and then attends the game.

I don't think any NDSU fan should actually purchase a USD season ticket (if such a thing is even possible -- if I was USD ticket office, I'd make any new prospective season ticket buyer prove that he/she is a USD alumni) and I don't think any will go to such a ridiculous length, just to watch a football game in the Dakota Dome.

IBleedYellow
August 16th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Why do I have a feeling I know who this is...... xlolx
Roooooaddddd

344Johnson
August 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure if I understand your point, but I don't believe we're on the same wavelength.

Let's say the USD athletic department somehow makes their ultimate fantasy come true: the NDSU game is 100% sold out by USD alumni purchasing every, single ticket from the athletic department.

False.

That was my point. NDSU fans will still be in possession of tickets on gameday, because of the secondary market. People have things to do and can't go to the game whereas they thought they'd be able to go when they bought the tickets. So they sell those tickets on the secondary market, where an NDSU fan purchases them and then attends the game.

I don't think any NDSU fan should actually purchase a USD season ticket (if such a thing is even possible -- if I was USD ticket office, I'd make any new prospective season ticket buyer prove that he/she is a USD alumni) and I don't think any will go to such a ridiculous length, just to watch a football game in the Dakota Dome.

If you were the USD ticket office you'd get in huge trouble me thinks for only allowing alums to have season tickets. Something tells me that's illegal.

SDFS
August 16th, 2014, 11:45 AM

False.

Hey Yote fans, are they updating the Dakota Dome with any of the 60 million in facility improvements that were approved earlier this year. I thought that I heard that this included permanent seats on the visitors side and potentially expanding the dome on one of the end zone sides. Any input would be great.

Bisonoline
August 16th, 2014, 12:19 PM

False.

The secondary market? Season tickets? I dont think so.

""
Hello Pat,

We will be releasing details about our single game ticket sales today. The general public will have the opportunity to purchase any of the 6 Coyote home games on Monday.""

Fact is they will be selling the NDSU game coupled with the William and Penn game for 45.00.

MplsBison
August 16th, 2014, 12:36 PM
The secondary market? Season tickets? I dont think so.

""
Hello Pat,

We will be releasing details about our single game ticket sales today. The general public will have the opportunity to purchase any of the 6 Coyote home games on Monday.""

Fact is they will be selling the NDSU game coupled with the William and Penn game for 45.00.

That's new information to this thread. xthumbsupx

- - - Updated - - -

If you were the USD ticket office you'd get in huge trouble me thinks for only allowing alums to have season tickets. Something tells me that's illegal.

Shouldn't be.

OBC
August 16th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Hey Yote fans, are they updating the Dakota Dome with any of the 60 million in facility improvements that were approved earlier this year. I thought that I heard that this included permanent seats on the visitors side and potentially expanding the dome on one of the end zone sides. Any input would be great.

Some enhancements have already started. The pool of money you are asking about is actually the cost of the new attached facility which will hold mainly: New Basketball arena with seating for around 6k, two new practice courts, new athletic training and rehab facilities, new weight training facility, end zone elevated concourse that will be used as premier seating for donors where food and beer will be available during competitions, new classrooms and new player lunge/media rooms.

This first phase described above will make an impact on the FB facility. The end zone that connects to the new facility will have a new wrap around concourse and more efficient entrance. Even with 8k to 10 k attending a game at the Dome the concourses feel cramped and lines to the bathroom can take the entire halftime to get access to.
The entire main grandstand has been reseated a few years back and this summer the ugly brown bleachers were replaced with modern steel ones. Once the new facility is completed, a new permanent grandstand is planned above the new steel bleachers just installed. That should put the capacity to 13k. The size of the Dome's footprint really limits the amount of seats that can be installed. The previous AD told me that there was a way to add enough seating to get to 15k seats but that it would be very cost prohibitive. The reality is that our current fan base has not proven it can even sell out 9k on their own. Even last year for the SDSU game you could walk up and get a seat even though it was close to full. D Days, SDSU, and NDSU games are the only games on the schedule that have the potential to sell out. The rest of the games you are looking at 7k or so.
The DakotaDome has had a lot of improvements over the past ten years, but there is still a long way to go yet to make it a facility that can be considered top half in the MVFC.

JayJ79
August 17th, 2014, 02:49 AM

businesses have a right to refuse service to anyone as long as it isn't discriminating on the basis of race, gender, religion, or certain other "protected" aspects. College affiliation isn't one of those protected aspects.

Though maybe because they are a state-funded school, there may be more bureaucratic rules that apply as opposed to a private business, I don't know.

344Johnson
August 17th, 2014, 02:54 AM
businesses have a right to refuse service to anyone as long as it isn't discriminating on the basis of race, gender, religion, or certain other "protected" aspects. College affiliation isn't one of those protected aspects.

Though maybe because they are a state-funded school, there may be more bureaucratic rules that apply as opposed to a private business, I don't know.

The latter part was my line of thinking.... A school receiving state and federal dollars... Might have a tough time restricting those it does business with... I don't know how that would work... Would be nice if we had a lawyer on the board to give us some input.

JayJ79
August 17th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Some enhancements have already started. The pool of money you are asking about is actually the cost of the new attached facility which will hold mainly: New Basketball arena with seating for around 6k, two new practice courts, new athletic training and rehab facilities, new weight training facility, end zone elevated concourse that will be used as premier seating for donors where food and beer will be available during competitions, new classrooms and new player lunge/media rooms.

This first phase described above will make an impact on the FB facility. The end zone that connects to the new facility will have a new wrap around concourse and more efficient entrance. Even with 8k to 10 k attending a game at the Dome the concourses feel cramped and lines to the bathroom can take the entire halftime to get access to.
The entire main grandstand has been reseated a few years back and this summer the ugly brown bleachers were replaced with modern steel ones. Once the new facility is completed, a new permanent grandstand is planned above the new steel bleachers just installed. That should put the capacity to 13k. The size of the Dome's footprint really limits the amount of seats that can be installed. The previous AD told me that there was a way to add enough seating to get to 15k seats but that it would be very cost prohibitive. The reality is that our current fan base has not proven it can even sell out 9k on their own. Even last year for the SDSU game you could walk up and get a seat even though it was close to full. D Days, SDSU, and NDSU games are the only games on the schedule that have the potential to sell out. The rest of the games you are looking at 7k or so.
The DakotaDome has had a lot of improvements over the past ten years, but there is still a long way to go yet to make it a facility that can be considered top half in the MVFC.

The DakotaDome (opened 1979) was made as a miniture copy of the UNI-Dome (opened 1976).
Not surprisingly, the DakotaDome has ended up experiencing similar problems as the UNI-Dome.
Both had problems with their original air-supported roof collapsing, with UNI replacing theirs with a metal roof in 1994 and USD doing similar in 2001.
Both are having problems with constrictive concourses and insufficient restroom facilities (leading to long lines).

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I wonder if there's any chance that USD will try to build a slightly smaller version of what SDSU is doing, for around the same money? Seems like if SDSU can raise that much money, USD could do it as well.

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 09:58 AM

What would the rule say?

At worst, I could see how some SD residents who aren't USD alumni could complain to their representatives that they were denied season tickets at a state university, but I still can't see that as being illegal.

Rabbit74
August 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I wonder if there's any chance that USD will try to build a slightly smaller version of what SDSU is doing, for around the same money? Seems like if SDSU can raise that much money, USD could do it as well.

USD is investing in a new basketball arena, which they desperately need, rather than a football stadium at this point. They are making some upgrades in the dome as well but don't think there is any intent to look at a new football facility in the near term. The basketball arena which will contain space for other programs as well will be attached to the dome.

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 05:55 PM
USD is investing in a new basketball arena, which they desperately need, rather than a football stadium at this point. They are making some upgrades in the dome as well but don't think there is any intent to look at a new football facility in the near term. The basketball arena which will contain space for other programs as well will be attached to the dome.

I understand that. I meant at some point in the future, would USD scrap the Dakota Dome and build (a smaller verison of) something like SDSU will have with the rebuilt Caughlin.

OBC
August 17th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I understand that. I meant at some point in the future, would USD scrap the Dakota Dome and build (a smaller verison of) something like SDSU will have with the rebuilt Caughlin.

That is not part of the current plans that have been shared with the fans/boosters.

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 06:22 PM
That is not part of the current plans that have been shared with the fans/boosters.

Why would they include that in the plans to build a new arena?

I'm asking for speculation here on a master plan, say to 2050.

OBC
August 17th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Why would they include that in the plans to build a new arena?

I'm asking for speculation here on a master plan, say to 2050.

That is what I meant. It is not part of the master plan. I asked the current AD about an outdoor venue for football and he said they have no plans.

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 06:57 PM
That is what I meant. It is not part of the master plan. I asked the current AD about an outdoor venue for football and he said they have no plans.

They have a master plan to 2050? I doubt it.

I'm asking USD fans to speculate on what might be far in the future. Not comment on the current published master plans.

OBC
August 17th, 2014, 07:00 PM
They have a master plan to 2050? I doubt it.

I'm asking USD fans to speculate on what might be far in the future. Not comment on the current published master plans.

well then, my speculation is that no there will not be an outdoor stadium in Vermillion by 2050

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
well then, my speculation is that no there will not be an outdoor stadium in Vermillion by 2050

How old will the Dakota Dome be in 2050?

OBC
August 17th, 2014, 07:35 PM
How old will the Dakota Dome be in 2050?
71 yrs

Yotes
August 17th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure how long the dome will be a viable venue, but I would bet that we ride it out as long as we can. Replacing the Dome obviously isn't in the AD's mind, since we are building an arena attached to it. Whenever the time comes for a new stadium, I hope we go with another indoor facility. Call me soft, but 70 degrees beats the weather we see in September-December

DJKyR0
August 17th, 2014, 11:35 PM
I just remember them making a big marketing push to get into Sioux Falls two years ago and we dickslap them 54-0.

http://i.imgur.com/iwynH8K.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Got my ticket. Enjoy the empty seat at the William Penn game.

OBC
August 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Either way there were going to be a ton of empty seats for that game.

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure how long the dome will be a viable venue, but I would bet that we ride it out as long as we can. Replacing the Dome obviously isn't in the AD's mind, since we are building an arena attached to it. Whenever the time comes for a new stadium, I hope we go with another indoor facility. Call me soft, but 70 degrees beats the weather we see in September-December

Yeah but it's a lot cheaper to build a new outdoor stadium. And you guys are farther south than Brookings. You're almost in Nebraska.

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Got my ticket. Enjoy the empty seat at the William Penn game.

Or you could've just bought the ticket on the secondary market and not had to comply with whatever demands the USD ticket office placed on single tickets to the NDSU game.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Or you could've just bought the ticket on the secondary market and not had to comply with whatever demands the USD ticket office placed on single tickets to the NDSU game.

Because I'm not a pariah among Bison fans, I wanted to make sure I sat with them.

clenz
August 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM
The title of this thread is a "duh" issue.

No school "wants" opposing fans at their games..

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Because I'm not a pariah among Bison fans, I wanted to make sure I sat with them.

Purchasing tickets on the secondary market still allows you to pick your seat among the available tickets.

gotts
August 18th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Well, you know what they say...

If you can't put points on the board, try to freeze out the other team's fans!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Well, you know what they say...

If you can't put points on the board, try to freeze out the other team's fans!

Not gonna lie, it's fun to foil their attempts to keep us away.

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 01:00 PM

Yeah you foiled em' real good didn't you, what with allowing yourselves to be forced into giving extra money to the USD athletic department that you didn't have to give.

Nice work.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah you foiled em' real good didn't you, what with allowing yourselves to be forced into giving extra money to the USD athletic department that you didn't have to give.

Nice work.

Holy ****, is $15 a lot of money to you? I'm really sorry about that.

If so, PM your address and I'll send you $15 to leave this site permanently.

It isn't to me.

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Holy ****, is $15 a lot of money to you? I'm really sorry about that.

If so, PM your address and I'll send you $15 to leave this site permanently.

It isn't to me.

Haha, ducked the argument and threw a temper tantrum. I'll take that as you admitting I was correct.

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Haha, ducked the argument and threw a temper tantrum. I'll take that as you admitting I was correct.

Pounding your pud over the "i am correct" mode again I see. Time for you to seek out your handlers and get back on your meds.

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Purchasing tickets on the secondary market still allows you to pick your seat among the available tickets.

Please show where there are secondary market tickets available to this game. As of last night there were NONE---ZERO---NADA----ZIP

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 01:45 PM

I'm not sure what the argument is. It is of no consequence to me, so why do I care?

When was the last time you actually went to a Bison game?

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2014, 01:46 PM

I emailed the ticket manager and told him I wouldnt be attending and to donate the W&P tickets to a local charity.

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Please show where there are secondary market tickets available to this game. As of last night there were NONE---ZERO---NADA----ZIP

The game isn't played tomorrow.

MplsBison
August 18th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure what the argument is. It is of no consequence to me, so why do I care?

When was the last time you actually went to a Bison game?

Why the red herring? (but last season, if you must know)

There isn't really an argument, but I think it's silly that some NDSU fans are thumping their chests over playing right into the trap that the USD athletic department set for them. A little silly to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed the ticket manager and told him I wouldnt be attending and to donate the W&P tickets to a local charity.

I bet the USD ticket office is glad to know their game worked so well.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM

There isn't really an argument, but I think it's silly that some NDSU fans are thumping their chests over playing right into the trap that the USD athletic department set for them. A little silly to me.

- - - Updated - - -

No red herring at all, just perspective. You have a lot of opinions of processes and events to which are not a party. I have never seen nor heard of you ever attending a Bison game in the time you have been on here. If we choose to buy tickets/travel/etc in order to see these games it is none of your business.

In fact, the only time I've ever seen you personally talk about a ticket situation was when you were whining about not getting in to the 2011 NC game. I saw that game and the subsequent two because I am willing to put in a little more work than mere lip service to that end.

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2014, 02:29 PM

- - - Updated - - -

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

Yotes
August 18th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Even for sold out games I have never seen any secondary market for tickets. Counting on finding tickets from a scalper is a bold move.

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Even for sold out games I have never seen any secondary market for tickets. Counting on finding tickets from a scalper is a bold move.

MPLS is talking thru his azz like usual.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 18th, 2014, 08:21 PM

Nice work.

LOL.....really?

Man, you need to come to a home game. We all need to see you in person.

Bisonoline
August 18th, 2014, 09:23 PM
LOL.....really?

He has not the nut sack to make his presence known.

NDSUstudent
August 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Bought my tickets to this game. What did everyone do with their extra tickets to the William Penn game?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 19th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Bought my tickets to this game. What did everyone do with their extra tickets to the William Penn game?

I plan on being environmentally responsible and putting it in the recycle bin.

Bisonator
August 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Shred it and mail it back to USD with a thanks but no thanks note! :D

gumby013
August 19th, 2014, 10:32 AM

Sending them to the Yankton or Sioux Falls Boys and Girls Club.

dewey
August 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Shred it and mail it back to USD with a thanks but no thanks note! :D

Instead of throwing them away why not donate them to a local YMCA, church or elementary school with a note that says something to the effect of "Please enjoy the game courtesy of NDSU fans" I am not going to the game but why not send the tickets to some kids that would otherwise not be able to make it to a game.

For kids that cannot normally make it to a game this would awesome. Think of the smiles on 5 hose kids faces.

Just my 2 cents.

Dewey

Bisonator
August 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Instead of throwing them away why not donate them to a local YMCA, church or elementary school with a note that says something to the effect of "Please enjoy the game courtesy of NDSU fans" I am not going to the game but why not send the tickets to some kids that would otherwise not be able to make it to a game.

For kids that cannot normally make it to a game this would awesome. Think of the smiles on 5 hose kids faces.

Just my 2 cents.

Dewey

That's a great idea actually.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 11:04 AM
No red herring at all, just perspective. You have a lot of opinions of processes and events to which are not a party. I have never seen nor heard of you ever attending a Bison game in the time you have been on here. If we choose to buy tickets/travel/etc in order to see these games it is none of your business.

In fact, the only time I've ever seen you personally talk about a ticket situation was when you were whining about not getting in to the 2011 NC game. I saw that game and the subsequent two because I am willing to put in a little more work than mere lip service to that end.

You make it public business by posting about it, obviously. So it absolutely is my business that you're wasting your money. But good for you Bisonviller's. You all 30-50 rubes will do what you want to do, that much is certain.

I've been to countless NDSU events, including Frisco. And I don't really care if you know it or not.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 11:06 AM

You've never heard of someone who has tickets having to sell them because of other plans? Come on ...

There's been a secondary market for tickets since there were tickets.

But here's a start for you: http://www.stubhub.com/south-dakota-coyotes-football-tickets/

Currently it shows zero, but there's plenty of time left.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 11:08 AM
LOL.....really?

I've probably been to the Fargodome more times than you have, unless you're a season ticket holder.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 11:09 AM
He has not the nut sack to make his presence known.

I've been within several feet of you on a few different occasions, PL.

No need to meet you in person.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 19th, 2014, 11:13 AM

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

NDSUSR
August 19th, 2014, 11:53 AM
You two idiots should just screw and get it over with.
Way to represent NDSU.
Morons..

Bisonoline
August 19th, 2014, 03:11 PM

How did you know who I was? Why not introduce yourself? Too embarrassed?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I've probably been to the Fargodome more times than you have, unless you're a season ticket holder.

Doubt it.

Season ticket holder for 11 years. Been to many away games also.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2014, 03:49 PM

Why not introduce yourself?

PL is a great guy.

dewey
August 19th, 2014, 03:53 PM
That's a great idea actually.

What would be a great PR move for NDSU athletics is to reach out to all NDSU fans going to the USD-NDSU game through BV, AGS, Twitter or Facebook that now have tickets for a game they don't want to go to and ask them to send them to the NDSU ticket office. NDSU ticket office then takes those tickets and a Bison Pride flag and send the tickets and the flag to a local Boys and Girls Club, YMCA or church. Not only are you bringing a huge smile to the face of a kid but it also makes NDSU look awesome. Two birds one stone...BAM!

I am not sure but are there some sort of tax deductions in there somewhere for a charitable donation.

Dewey

Bisonoline
August 19th, 2014, 04:51 PM
I just bought two additional tickets over the phone. They didnt mention the WT game so it will be interesting if I get those tickets as well. If I do I will find a charity to give them to.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I'm sure, as well.

Same goes for you.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 06:59 PM
How did you know who I was? Why not introduce yourself? Too embarrassed?

There's a thread on Bisonville showing pics from tailgating. I guess there's a couple guys who walk around with their fancy Nikon cameras and snap pics of B'villlers.

As I said, no need to meet in person. I'm just a guy, who went to NDSU, graduated and follows the football team. And posts on the internet. Nothing special.

MplsBison
August 19th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Doubt it.

Season ticket holder for 11 years. Been to many away games also.

Congrats.

If I had the misfortune of being unable to espace F-M after graduating, I suppose I would be a season ticket holder as well. But luckily I did not meet my better half while at NDSU.

Bisonoline
August 19th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Congrats.

If I had the misfortune of being unable to espace F-M after graduating, I suppose I would be a season ticket holder as well. But luckily I did not meet my better half while at NDSU.

Im a season ticket holder and live in AR. So why would you make a comment like that other than to be an azzhole?

Just about time for you ritual spanking and a stay in the penalty box.

Bisonator
August 19th, 2014, 08:29 PM
There's a thread on Bisonville showing pics from tailgating. I guess there's a couple guys who walk around with their fancy Nikon cameras and snap pics of B'villlers.

As I said, no need to meet in person. I'm just a guy, who went to NDSU, graduated and follows the football team. And posts on the internet. Nothing special.

When did you graduate from NDSU?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Congrats.

Really?

What kind of stupid post is this?

And you wonder why most, if not all on here, think you're a dumbass. Plus, my business is pretty darn successful even if it is close to the FM metro.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM

Another stupid-ass post from you.

Pictures that people take of the tailgate are awesome. Nice to see families having a good time at the game. Tailgating is an event there bozo.

Maybe you should step back and think a little before you hit the enter key on most of your asinine posts.

deez_na
August 20th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I love the affect NDSU has on other teams now. It's quite pathetic by a lot of those schools that they are trying to pull all this crap to make it difficult for us to watch. Weak.

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I love the affect NDSU has on other teams now. It's quite pathetic by a lot of those schools that they are trying to pull all this crap to make it difficult for us to watch. Weak.
What school is making it "difficult"

deez_na
August 20th, 2014, 08:34 AM
What school is making it "difficult"

Maybe difficult wasn't the best choice but you know what i meant. Just read what SD was doing, what else needs to be said?

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Maybe difficult wasn't the best choice but you know what i meant. Just read what SD was doing, what else needs to be said?
Coupling the ticket with another ticket?

That **** happens all over the country.

Iowa State made Iowa fans literally by season tickets a couple years ago - the only way to get a ticket for that game was to buy season tickets.

UNI and Iowa fans have been forced to be part part of a 3 game package to get tickets to the games in Iowa State.

I'm pretty sure EWU does something similar every-time Montana comes to town.

That **** happens to fan bases all over the country that travel well.

It's called making money. USD isn't going to sell **** for tickets to William Penn. If someone pays for them they DGARA if they aren't used. They were paid for.

I supposed you also bitch about how UNI sold tickets for the NDSU game?

Teams don't want visiting fan bases unless they can make a lot of money off of them. If they see an opportunity to make money they will.

walliver
August 20th, 2014, 08:54 AM

I don't have a dog in this fight, but am always amazed by the number of posters who bring emotion into rational business decisions.

The enthusiasm of NDSU fans for their team is well-known, as evidenced by the incredibly early sell-out of the NC game last season, basically as soon as tickets went on sale, they were gone, almost like a Taylor Swift concert. Obviously, the real concern by South Dakota officials was that NDSU fans would buy up all the tickets before their own fans had an adequate opportunity. I'm sure USD would be more than happy to cash your check or charge your credit card, they just don't want to play an away game in their own stadium. If your own fans are willing to pay $70 for a ticket (plus one they'll throw away, I can't imagine the other game ticket having any significant value), then blame your own fans; otherwise, ticket prices will come down to more normal levels.

deez_na
August 20th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but am always amazed by the number of posters who bring emotion into rational business decisions.

The enthusiasm of NDSU fans for their team is well-known, as evidenced by the incredibly early sell-out of the NC game last season, basically as soon as tickets went on sale, they were gone, almost like a Taylor Swift concert. Obviously, the real concern by South Dakota officials was that NDSU fans would buy up all the tickets before their own fans had an adequate opportunity. I'm sure USD would be more than happy to cash your check or charge your credit card, they just don't want to play an away game in their own stadium. If your own fans are willing to pay $70 for a ticket (plus one they'll throw away, I can't imagine the other game ticket having any significant value), then blame your own fans; otherwise, ticket prices will come down to more normal levels.

I was partially just messing around with my post but yeah just in general if teams don't want as many visitors can't they just jack the prices up? Why pull stupid **** like oh you can buy a ticket buy you have to buy a ticket to another game here also. Who the **** wants to buy a random home game ticket to some team you have 0 interest in? It's pure stupidity.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Coupling the ticket with another ticket?

That **** happens all over the country.

Iowa State made Iowa fans literally by season tickets a couple years ago - the only way to get a ticket for that game was to buy season tickets.

UNI and Iowa fans have been forced to be part part of a 3 game package to get tickets to the games in Iowa State.

I'm pretty sure EWU does something similar every-time Montana comes to town.

That **** happens to fan bases all over the country that travel well.

It's called making money. USD isn't going to sell **** for tickets to William Penn. If someone pays for them they DGARA if they aren't used. They were paid for.

I supposed you also bitch about how UNI sold tickets for the NDSU game?

Teams don't want visiting fan bases unless they can make a lot of money off of them. If they see an opportunity to make money they will.

I got my UNI ticket pretty easily. Actually same price as the WP/NDSU combo.

UNIFanSince1983
August 20th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I got my UNI ticket pretty easily. Actually same price as the WP/NDSU combo.

Yeah I don't think UNI was trying to make it too difficult they just wanted to make sure that their fans could get them first. And then since they knew the demand would be there they knew they could make the price higher than a normal game ticket. I believe they have raised the price for SIU in the past too because they know it is a big draw. Personally, I think it makes it a little fun when there are some fans of the other team there. I have found that our fans get into the game more when the other team has more fans there. Makes things fun!

JayJ79
August 20th, 2014, 09:48 AM

I know ISU has done such things for the Iowa game, but when has that been the case for UNI?

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah I don't think UNI was trying to make it too difficult they just wanted to make sure that their fans could get them first. And then since they knew the demand would be there they knew they could make the price higher than a normal game ticket. I believe they have raised the price for SIU in the past too because they know it is a big draw. Personally, I think it makes it a little fun when there are some fans of the other team there. I have found that our fans get into the game more when the other team has more fans there. Makes things fun!
UNI has had higher prices for SIU, SDSU, and NDSU in the past.

SDSU 2 years ago was 30 or 40 compared to the normal 20.

YEARS ago UNI had 4 or 5 different price levels for every game that also varied depending on the opponent. That went away for a flat price, which has not gone back to 2 price points and varies by game.

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I was partially just messing around with my post but yeah just in general if teams don't want as many visitors can't they just jack the prices up? Why pull stupid **** like oh you can buy a ticket buy you have to buy a ticket to another game here also. Who the **** wants to buy a random home game ticket to some team you have 0 interest in? It's pure stupidity.
Does USD care if you don't want a ticket for WP?

Nope.

Did that deter you from buying a ticket for the NDSU game?

Nope.

Do they care if the WP tickets are used?

Nope.

Was the process for buying your ticket more difficult?

I'd bet not.

Whats the difference between paying $45 for the NDSU game, only, or paying $45 for the NDSU and WP game if you aren't going to drive to the WP game?

None.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Does USD care if you don't want a ticket for WP?

Nope.

Did that deter you from buying a ticket for the NDSU game?

Nope.

Do they care if the WP tickets are used?

Nope.

Was the process for buying your ticket more difficult?

I'd bet not.

Whats the difference between paying $45 for the NDSU game, only, or paying $45 for the NDSU and WP game if you aren't going to drive to the WP game?

None.

This. Who cares? It didn't take long to figure out anyway, and the tickets are still cheap.

Bisonator
August 20th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Just off season bitchin.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Just off season bitchin.

Until more info came out it did look quite sketchy that the only game you couldn't buy tickets for was NDSU. Glad they had a work around no matter how much it cost.

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Im a season ticket holder and live in AR.

I was commenting on the fact that if I lived in Fargo I would be more likely to purchase season tickets than if I lived in Minneapolis.

Shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
When did you graduate from NDSU?

I decline to answer.

(and this hardly indicates that I'm faking ... it would've been much easier for me to make up a year, if that were the case)

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Really?

Plus, my business is pretty darn successful even if it is close to the FM metro.

Yes, really.

Fargo is a fine town, but it's not for me. I prefer larger cities.

Congrats on your successful business.

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Pictures that people take of the tailgate are awesome. Nice to see families having a good time at the game.

I agree, the tailgating pictures thread(s) were enjoyable to browse. I didn't indicate otherwise.

You need to relax a bit.

Bisonator
August 20th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I decline to answer.

(and this hardly indicates that I'm faking ... it would've been much easier for me to just lie and make up a year, if that were the case)

Why would you not answer that?xconfusedx

OK how about this one then: Did you also attend UND and graduate from there too?xeyebrowx

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 02:57 PM
MN also did it for the NDSU game as well.

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I was commenting on the fact that if I lived in Fargo I would be more likely to purchase season tickets than if I lived in Minneapolis.

No that was not your intent is your post. Its pretty obvious that you were just being a dick in your snide response.

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 03:11 PM

OK how about this one then: Did you also attend UND and graduate from there too?xeyebrowx

Because hes a troll. Have you not figured that out after all of the BS he has posted?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2014, 03:20 PM

If I lived in the Twin Cities, I'd get season tickets. It would be less driving than I do now for games.

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 03:24 PM
If I lived in the Twin Cities, I'd get season tickets. It would be less driving than I do now for games.

He cant get season tickets anyway so its easy to say that crap.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2014, 03:32 PM
He cant get season tickets anyway so its easy to say that crap.

Forget season tickets anyway, I travelled over 4,000 miles on my trips last year. I'm on tap for 3,600 before any playoffs this year.

Thing is, I like going to these games. This whole pissing match was over dumb**** trying to make us feel stupid for buying the pack. Who gives a **** if I had to buy an extra ticket?

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 03:41 PM

Because any point you could bring up using that info would be irrelevant to this discussion.

I did not attend UND. I was born in ND, have family still in ND and so I have a minor interest in how their teams perform. I also generally want what's best for the state, and it's unquestionable that what maximizes benefit for the state of ND and the residents of ND is for both schools to be in the same conference(s).

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 03:42 PM
No that was not your intent is your post. Its pretty obvious that you were just being a dick in your snide response.

Yes that was the intent. You are being a troll.

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Because hes a troll. Have you not figured that out after all of the BS he has posted?

You're the biggest troll on AGS.

You add something meaningful to a discussion in 1 out of every 50 posts, based on my observation.

The rest of the 49 posts are split almost down the middle on hurling personal insults and accusing people of not posting "facts".

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 03:53 PM

That's you. I was posting on my preferences. I make it up to Fargo usually once a season and that's plenty for me.

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Forget season tickets anyway, I travelled over 4,000 miles on my trips last year. I'm on tap for 3,600 before any playoffs this year.

Thing is, I like going to these games. This whole pissing match was over dumb**** trying to make us feel stupid for buying the pack. Who gives a **** if I had to buy an extra ticket?

Then why did you even respond?? Who's the _____ now?

I'll continue to say that it's stupid to buy extra tickets when you clearly won't have to. I'd be able to walk up and get a ticket to the NDSU game if I wanted to, but if it's that important for you to sit next to your internet friends then so be it.

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Yes that was the intent. Yes I am troll.

FIFY.......

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 04:09 PM
FIFY.......

You are a troll.

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 04:12 PM
You are a troll.

xcoffeexxthumbsupx

MplsBison
August 20th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I will gladly accept reducing you to emoticons.

Now shoo.

NDSUstudent
August 20th, 2014, 04:22 PM
xsmhx at the whole thread

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2014, 04:30 PM

Because any point you could bring up using that info would be irrelevant to this discussion.

I did not attend UND. I was born in ND, have family still in ND and so I have a minor interest in how their teams perform. I also generally want what's best for the state, and it's unquestionable that what maximizes benefit for the state of ND and the residents of ND is for both schools to be in the same conference(s).

Yes that was the intent. You are being a troll.

You add something meaningful to a discussion in 1 out of every 50 posts, based on my observation.

The rest of the 49 posts are split almost down the middle on hurling personal insults and accusing people of not posting "facts".

That's you. I was posting on my preferences. I make it up to Fargo usually once a season and that's plenty for me.

Then why did you even respond?? Who's the _____ now?

I'll continue to say that it's stupid to buy extra tickets when you clearly won't have to. I'd be able to walk up and get a ticket to the NDSU game if I wanted to, but if it's that important for you to sit next to your internet friends then so be it.

FIFY.......

You are a troll.

xcoffeexxthumbsupx

I will gladly accept reducing you to emoticons.

Now shoo.

http://img.pandawhale.com/5475-stash34fb423de9b5cbgif-dSuZ.gif

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 04:36 PM
xblahx
I will gladly accept reducing you to emoticons.xblahx

Now shoo.

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

clenz
August 20th, 2014, 04:42 PM

Still a better ratio than you

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

darell1976
August 20th, 2014, 04:43 PM
xpopcornx

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Hard to believe but hes actually worse than Lakes. Lakes just shatzs on the carpet. Mpls not only shatzs on the carpet but then he hangs around to tell you how wonderful it smells and then argues about it..

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I agree, the tailgating pictures thread(s) were enjoyable to browse. I didn't indicate otherwise.

You need to relax a bit.

No you were being a smart ass with your comments, esp post #107.

Tell you what mpls, I am taking family/friends with my tickets this year except Indiana State....I have 3 tickets for that game. Come on up to a game and you can sit with me. My daughter is going to NDSU so she might be with me or in the student section.

Since you are a fan of the team you should be jumping at the chance for this. You have plenty of time to make your schedule work. Free ticket for you.....shouldn't be a problem.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2014, 05:46 PM

Tell you what mpls, I am taking family/friends with my tickets this year except Indiana State....I have 3 tickets for that game. Come on up to a game and you can sit with me. My daughter is going to NDSU so she might be with me or in the student section.

Since you are a fan of the team you should be jumping at the chance for this. You have plenty of time to make your schedule work. Free ticket for you.....shouldn't be a problem.

I'd ask to get in on that but with all the traveling I'm doing this season if I tried to squeeze one more trip to Fargo in, I would probably have to ask mom if I could stay with her permanently. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I'd ask to get in on that but with all the traveling I'm doing this season if I tried to squeeze one more trip to Fargo in, I would probably have to ask mom if I could stay with her permanently. xthumbsupx

Come on up NoDak.

If mpls doesn't want to go, you are more than welcome to have 2 tickets...maybe 3 if my daughter is in the student section.

There yours if he doesn't want to go.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Come on up NoDak.

If mpls doesn't want to go, you are more than welcome to have 2 tickets...maybe 3 if my daughter is in the student section.

There yours if he doesn't want to go.

To hell with him, I'll bring the wife and you can meet her!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 10:01 AM
xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

Words are clearly not your ally, as they've left you.

As you should leave this thread.

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 10:03 AM
Still a better ratio than you

No, I'm much closer to the AGS average of 1 in 10.

BisonBacker
August 21st, 2014, 10:27 AM
Hard to believe but hes actually worse than Lakes. Lakes just shatzs on the carpet. Mpls not only shatzs on the carpet but then he hangs around to tell you how wonderful it smells and then argues about it..

This is freaking spot on and hilarious!!!

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 10:32 AM

Post #107 does nothing other than display my personal preference against F-M as an acceptable place for me to live. It doesn't say that it's a bad place for anyone else. That's how you misread it and incorrectly chose to interpret it. That's not my problem.

Thanks for the offer, but when I do make it up to Fargo I get tickets from friends I know who still live up there.

clenz
August 21st, 2014, 10:47 AM
Post #107 doesn't nothing other than display my personal preference against F-M as an acceptable place for me to live. It doesn't say that it's a bad place for anyone else. That's how you misread it and incorrectly chose to interpret it. That's not my problem.

Thanks for the offer, but when I do make it up to Fargo I get tickets from friends I know who still live up there.
So you don't even give money to support the school that you graduated from?

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 11:00 AM
So you don't even give money to support the school that you graduated from?

Buying a ticket to a sporting event would be the lowest form of "support" that one could provide.

"Oh yeah, I'm a big donor to the school y'know. I bough a meat raffle ticket just last week!"

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #107 does nothing other than display my personal preference against F-M as an acceptable place for me to live. It doesn't say that it's a bad place for anyone else. That's how you misread it and incorrectly chose to interpret it. That's not my problem.

Like I said, to hell with you, we're going to have a fun time!

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 01:04 PM
Like I said, to hell with you, we're going to have a fun time!

To hell with you, right back. Have a great time!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM
To hell with you, right back. Have a great time!

What's the problem?

You have plenty of time to work out any schedule conflicts, the game is not until Oct 18th. Come on up for the game and meet some fellow Bison fans.

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2014, 06:30 PM
What's the problem?

You have plenty of time to work out any schedule conflicts, the game is not until Oct 18th. Come on up for the game and meet some fellow Bison fans.

Geez, give up on him. I would rather sell Clenz a ticket to a Bison game. :D

Bisonoline
August 21st, 2014, 06:36 PM
What's the problem?

Do you actually think he has the nutsack to meet the people with whom he has been trolling? That yellow streak running down his back didnt get their because hes a stand up guy.

clenz
August 21st, 2014, 06:41 PM
Geez, give up on him. I would rather sell Clenz a ticket to a Bison game. :D
I got 50 on me seeing more ndsu games in person this season than mpls

Bisonoline
August 21st, 2014, 06:44 PM

I would not take that bet.:D

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2014, 07:13 PM
I would not take that bet.:D

I wouldn't either..... xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hell, I'd do $100 that I see more games in person than he will on TV and I'm not even within 300 miles of Fargo.

Bisonoline
August 21st, 2014, 07:48 PM
Hell, I'd do $100 that I see more games in person than he will on TV and I'm not even within 300 miles of Fargo.

Now thats throwing the gauntlet down!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 21st, 2014, 07:53 PM
Do you actually think he has the nutsack to meet the people with whom he has been trolling? That yellow streak running down his back didnt get their because hes a stand up guy.

I seem to recall mpls complaining about not seeing Bison games. Perfect opportunity. His loss.

Stomach still hurts after reading this!

xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 21st, 2014, 07:54 PM

How many you making this year?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2014, 07:58 PM
How many you making this year?

With your generous invitation, 6 are on the book right now: ISU, Montana, ISUb, USD, UNI, MoSt.

I might get frisky and head to Macomb for WIU but that will game week decision.

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 09:27 PM
What's the problem?

The post you quoted was not a response to you.

I get back to Fargo once a season, see friends that still live in F-M and they have a ticket for me. I most certainly am not making my trip back to see Indiana St's woeful program.

Appreciate the offer, hope you and whomever joins you have a great time cheering on the Bison.

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 09:29 PM

You accuse someone of trolling, with posts like these??

Does it matter if your "nutsack" is big, if it's bigger than your brain?

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 09:31 PM

"Seeing an NDSU game" would mean seeing the Bison play in the Fargodome. I'll get at least one of those this season.

The game in Cedar Falls is obviously not a "NDSU game".

I think you lose this bet by default.

MplsBison
August 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM

The Iowa St game is on national basic tier Cable TV and seven additional games are on ESPN3 (which I have access to). I guess it depends what you mean by "TV".

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to recall mpls complaining about not seeing Bison games. Perfect opportunity. His loss.

Stomach still hurts after reading this!

xthumbsupx

You recall incorrectly.

I understand that this is just the natural course of things, as time goes on.

Bisonoline
August 22nd, 2014, 01:03 AM
You accuse someone of trolling, with posts like these??

Does it matter if your "nutsack" is big, if it's bigger than your brain?

The fact I have one is the deal breaker here. When you grow one get back to me.

clenz
August 22nd, 2014, 07:42 AM
"Seeing an NDSU game" would mean seeing the Bison play in the Fargodome. I'll get at least one of those this season.

The game in Cedar Falls is obviously not a "NDSU game".

I think you lose this bet by default.
False...

I'm confirmed to be at AT LEAST 1 NDSU home game.

There may be secret talks of a second, pending final contract approval from the higher ups...

Oh, plus the one at UNI...and I'll see how my schedule works out for a roady...Macomb is only 3 hours from my house and UNI doesn't have a home game that day. That would make 2 straight NDSU games I'd be at, in person.

I've still got money on me seeing more NDSU games, in person, than you.

LeeshaJo
August 22nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hey Bison Fans,

I am in Yankton and would be willing to get info from the local B&G club for you. Let me know. They do a lot of good work in town and I think it would be a cool gesture, even if it means those poor kids will have to see USD play ;)

NDSUstudent
August 22nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hey Bison Fans,

I am in Yankton and would be willing to get info from the local B&G club for you. Let me know. They do a lot of good work in town and I think it would be a cool gesture, even if it means those poor kids will have to see USD play ;)

xthumbsupx I am willing to send my tickets there.

gumby013
August 22nd, 2014, 08:50 AM
Hey Bison Fans,

I sent my William Penn tickets to the one in Yankton yesterday.

LeeshaJo
August 22nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
I would make a suggestion, if a bunch of you are going to do it, have someone on your end collect them and send them as a group. Then, when you send them off go to your local paper and let them know what you are doing, then get a hold of someone at the P&D here in Yankton (I might work there) and see if you can get a story about it going. Kind of gagging a bit in my mouth, but will get you good press down here and kind of stick it to the Yotes at the same time.

dewey
August 22nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I would make a suggestion, if a bunch of you are going to do it, have someone on your end collect them and send them as a group. Then, when you send them off go to your local paper and let them know what you are doing, then get a hold of someone at the P&D here in Yankton (I might work there) and see if you can get a story about it going. Kind of gagging a bit in my mouth, but will get you good press down here and kind of stick it to the Yotes at the same time.

Looks like we had the same idea.

I posted this in post #92

For kids that cannot normally make it to a game this would awesome. Think of the smiles on those kids faces.

Just my 2 cents.

Dewey

And this in post #103

What would be a great PR move for NDSU athletics is to reach out to all NDSU fans going to the USD-NDSU game through BV, AGS, Twitter or Facebook that now have tickets for a game they don't want to go to and ask them to send them to the NDSU ticket office. NDSU ticket office then takes those tickets and a Bison Pride flag and send the tickets and the flag to a local Boys and Girls Club, YMCA or church. Not only are you bringing a huge smile to the face of a kid but it also makes NDSU look awesome. Two birds one stone...BAM!

I am not sure but are there some sort of tax deductions in there somewhere for a charitable donation.

Dewey

Dewey

LeeshaJo
August 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Looks like we had the same idea.

I posted this in post #92

For kids that cannot normally make it to a game this would awesome. Think of the smiles on those kids faces.

Just my 2 cents.

Dewey

And this in post #103

Dewey

Dewey

Sorry I think I saw it but didn't if that makes sense... ;) You had a good idea

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
The fact I have one is the deal breaker here. When you grow one get back to me.

Yes, you have a brain. I did not deny that.

I simply commented on it's unfortunately small size.

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
False...

I'm confirmed to be at AT LEAST 1 NDSU home game.

There may be secret talks of a second, pending final contract approval from the higher ups...

Oh, plus the one at UNI...and I'll see how my schedule works out for a roady...Macomb is only 3 hours from my house and UNI doesn't have a home game that day. That would make 2 straight NDSU games I'd be at, in person.

I've still got money on me seeing more NDSU games, in person, than you.

Well if you're changing the bet to seeing more NDSU games (home or away) in person, then you will most likely win. I probably won't get to see more than one in person this season.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2014, 12:43 PM
Well if you're changing the bet to seeing more NDSU games (home or away) in person, then you will most likely win. I probably won't get to see more than one in person this season.

Won't get to or just won't?

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Hey Bison Fans,

That is a fine idea. Thank you for offering it!

(Even if it is born out of a ridiculous circumstance)

- - - Updated - - -

Won't get to or just won't?

Won't get.

clenz
August 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
That's literally what I said from the start

Post 167

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2014, 12:58 PM
That is a fine idea. Thank you for offering it!

(Even if it is born out of a ridiculous circumstance)

- - - Updated - - -

Won't get.

Something about wills and ways.

Bisonator
August 22nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
I'm sure Mplswioux will be at an NDSU game next year......and in 2019. xrolleyesx

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
That's literally what I said from the start

Post 167

As I explained to you, that's not literally what you said (even if that is what you meant).

Your intention is clear now.

- - - Updated - - -

Something about wills and ways.

Something about other commitments, having a life, having a significant other, having kids, etc. etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure Mplswioux will be at an NDSU game next year......and in 2019. xrolleyesx

I will most definitely try to make my trip to Fargo for the UND game in 2015!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2014, 01:19 PM
As I explained to you, that's not literally what you said (even if that is what you meant).

- - - Updated - - -

Something about other commitments, having a life, having a significant other, having kids, etc. etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, just a single guy with no commitments that's why I can do all this stuff.

dewey
August 22nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Sorry I think I saw it but didn't if that makes sense... ;) You had a good idea

Don't worry about it as it has been hard to read anything in this thread with all of the BS going on.

Dewey

clenz
August 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM

Nope.

It is literally what I said from the very start.

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Yep, just a single guy with no commitments that's why I can do all this stuff.

Your circumstance is irrelevant to mine. I don't need to explain anything.

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Nope.

It is literally what I said from the very start.

Nope. You said "NDSU games" which very clearly means NDSU home games. Clear to anyone with firm command of the English language, anyhow.

I guess I can't hold it against Iowegians.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
Your circumstance is irrelevant to mine. I don't need to explain anything.

That certainly never stops you. Ad nauseum.

clenz
August 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Nope. You said "NDSU games" which very clearly means NDSU home games. Clear to anyone with firm command of the English language, anyhow.

Um...

No it doesn't.

When someone asks me if I'm going to the UNI game on August 30th I don't correct them and say "That's not a Northern Iowa game, that's an Iowa game"

You are a dip**** and the world would be better without people like you

NDSUstudent
August 22nd, 2014, 03:28 PM

LOL what?

clenz
August 22nd, 2014, 04:33 PM
LOL what?
Remind me to rep you for that when i get on a computer

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
LOL what?

Once you've stopped laughing I can educate you on why you don't have a point.

Since I qualified the statement by saying "trip to Fargo..." then the context is explicit. He didn't do that, so he was wrong.

Good try though.

MplsBison
August 22nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Um...

No it doesn't.

When someone asks me if I'm going to the UNI game on August 30th I don't correct them and say "That's not a Northern Iowa game, that's an Iowa game"

You wouldn't need to correct them, since they qualified the statement with the date and thus made the intent explicit.

If they had only said "Are you going to the UNI game?" then the intent would not be explicit. That's what you did, see the difference?

Bisonoline
August 22nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Once you've stopped laughing I can educate you on why you don't have a point.

Since I qualified the statement by saying "trip to Fargo..." then the context is explicit. He didn't do that, so he was wrong.

Good try though.

By Mayo Clinic Staff (http://www.mayoclinic.org/about-this-site/welcome)

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.
Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

Believing that you're better than others
Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
Exaggerating your achievements or talents
Expecting constant praise and admiration
Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
Taking advantage of others
Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
Being jealous of others
Believing that others are jealous of you
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Setting unrealistic goals
Being easily hurt and rejected
Having a fragile self-esteem
Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.
When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.
But underneath all this behavior often lies a fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.
When to see a doctor

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may not want to think that anything could be wrong — doing so wouldn't fit with your self-image of power and perfection. But by definition, a narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of your life, such as relationships, work, school or your financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and confused by a mix of seemingly contradictory emotions. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.
If you notice any of these problems in your life, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

I must spread some rep around before giving it to PL again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 22nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
You wouldn't need to correct them, since they qualified the statement with the date and thus made the intent explicit.

If they had only said "Are you going to the UNI game?" then the intent would not be explicit. That's what you did, see the difference?

Geeez. I'm about ready to put you on ignore!

By the way, how did you get all of those green chicklets?

AmsterBison
August 22nd, 2014, 08:06 PM
If I were USD, I'd be more worried about NDSU's defense showing up than NDSU's fans. All NDSU's fans are going to do is drink all your beer.

Two, Zero, One, Four
Is this the year we finally score?
Go Coyotes! ooooooh! Go Coyotes!

I keed, I keed. Darn glad to have you in the same conference.

MplsBison
August 24th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Geeez. I'm about ready to put you on ignore!

By the way, how did you get all of those green chicklets?

Not all AGS members are stubborn, closed-minded, old men?

RabidRabbit
August 25th, 2014, 09:38 AM
If I were USD, I'd be more worried about NDSU's defense showing up than NDSU's fans. All NDSU's fans are going to do is drink all your beer.

Two, Zero, One, Four
Is this the year we finally score?
Go Coyotes! ooooooh! Go Coyotes!

I keed, I keed. Darn glad to have you in the same conference.

Now to get that last Dakota school back into the same conference.xslapfightxxdeadhorsex

MplsBison
August 25th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Now to get that last Dakota school back into the same conference.xslapfightxxdeadhorsex

As it should have been from the very start (transition to DI)!

But at this point, all the uppity MVC/Horizon schools in the MVFC will cry like little babies if another Dakota team is added without another eastern team at the same time.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 29th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Bump.

Still not able to buy tickets. I took the package deal (they claim 8000 at the William Penn game but I'm pretty sure it was sold tickets like mine that got counted)

There will be lots of NDSU fans there.

AmsterBison
September 29th, 2014, 07:20 PM
USD could have sold out the game in Sioux Falls (easily) but they made tickets hard to get so people gave up so there were six hundred empty seats (and a lot of standing room.)

BisonFan02
September 29th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Its an absolute joke...but whatever xlolx I can understand why they want to give USD fans the first stab at tickets, but they are flat out not buying them...its almost like they would rather not sell out the Dakotadome versus allowing a NDSU fan takeover again.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Its an absolute joke...but whatever xlolx I can understand why they want to give USD fans the first stab at tickets, but they are flat out not buying them...its almost like they would rather not sell out the Dakotadome versus allowing a NDSU fan takeover again.

They sure are **** talking pretty well over at Goyotes. I'm looking way more forward to this game than any other one in the next 5 weeks.

Yotes
September 30th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Bought a couple more tickets to this one today, not hard at all for the alum to get tickets. Mock us if you want, it's not without warrant, but it'll be worth it when most of you are left behind.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Bought a couple more tickets to this one today, not hard at all for the alum to get tickets. Mock us if you want, it's not without warrant, but it'll be worth it when most of you are left behind.

Who's left behind? You won't sell it out and you'll get your **** stomped anyway.

SUPharmacist
September 30th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Who's left behind? You won't sell it out and you'll get your **** stomped anyway.

Eh, I think they're improved this year. Maybe just plain regular stomped.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Eh, I think they're improved this year. Maybe just plain regular stomped.

I'll believe it when they score

Drblankstare
September 30th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I suppose the USD brass would prefer silence to hearing Lets go Bison all game.

Yotes
October 1st, 2014, 07:54 AM
I'll believe it when they score
I hope your players share that mentality with you, because it's going to be a game.

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2014, 08:44 AM
I hope your players share that mentality with you, because it's going to be a game.

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxb lahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

96-0 last two years so all I keep hearing is

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxb lahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2014, 09:02 AM

No, it really won't.

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2014, 10:08 AM

No, it really won't.

He's funny isn't he xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 10:13 AM
and honestly, is this what we wanted in a conference mate? Some bull**** ticket scheme to lock out opposing fans? What the **** do they bring to the table anyway?

clenz
October 1st, 2014, 10:29 AM
and honestly, is this what we wanted in a conference mate? Some bull**** ticket scheme to lock out opposing fans? What the **** do they bring to the table anyway?
Nothing, which is why I was against it from the start.

They are also the reason we no longer have a true round robin which causes a horribly unbalanced schedule and may have cost at least one team a bid last season

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 10:40 AM

They are also the reason we no longer have a true round robin which causes a horribly unbalanced schedule and may have cost at least one team a bid last season

Have to protect against YSU or MSU leaving I guess.

clenz
October 1st, 2014, 10:59 AM
Have to protect against YSU or MSU leaving I guess.
I believed that at the time, but the longer time goes on the less i believe ysu (as much as i think they should) or msu is going anywhere.

Even if they did i don't believe usd would have been the only/best option for the conference.

Twentysix
October 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
I believed that at the time, but the longer time goes on the less i believe ysu (as much as i think they should) or msu is going anywhere.

Even if they did i don't believe usd would have been the only/best option for the conference.

We could have kickstartered a scholarship football program at drake.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 11:10 AM

Psst....I'll believe it when I see it. USD will be a doormat again this year. You cannot even get your students to go to games....500 of them??? You'll need Bison fans to fill that quonset.

clenz
October 1st, 2014, 11:16 AM
We could have kickstartered a scholarship football program at drake.
Drake going to scholly football would be a great thing for the valley, imo.... At least to the extent of production eventually and even better with the natural hated rivals with uni, siu, msu, and isux2

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2014, 11:17 AM

Well who would you have suggested? The other doormat dakota school became company for UNC in the BSC xlolx
I'm curious who you would have thought would be the next best fit?

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Well who would you have suggested? The other doormat dakota school became company for UNC in the BSC xlolx

I'm going to guess he is going to say it was fine how it was.

Twentysix
October 1st, 2014, 11:20 AM

Scholarship Drake, Scholarship Butler, NWMoST?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 11:35 AM

NWMSU is too small. Think of them as NDSU in the mid 80's and being a directional school, I'm not sure they'll get any bigger.

But yes, either of the Pioneer teams with scholarships would work just fine.

clenz
October 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Give Drake a nice incentive to go scholarship....seriously, I'd be for that. Very nice stadium, pretty good national recognition, ability to actually recruit good talent if they wanted too/offered scholarships. Extremely natural MVC rivals, keep the eastern schools happy with travel, major metro market, etc...

Same thing for Butler...especially a couple years ago when USD was added. Getting them to join into the basketball MVC with UNI coming off a S16, Creighton, WSU, SIU just a couple years off a S16 and being ranked frequently, Bradley coming off a S16 just a short time before, etc... and going MVFC is/was a win win for everyone involved.

Those two options, even if it mean "catering" to them for a short time are much more appealing to me than USD.

Other than that I would say looking at Murray State, EIU, NW Missouri State (though they don't seem too worried about moving)...

I would have put SEMO and USD on th same level

Yote 53
October 1st, 2014, 03:17 PM

Clenz still upset about USD beating UNI last year. At the UNI-Dome no less. Boo freaking hoo. UNI should get used to it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 03:31 PM
Clenz still upset about USD beating UNI last year. At the UNI-Dome no less. Boo freaking hoo. UNI should get used to it.

awfully squawky for a bunch that has only won 3 conference games since joining the league.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2014, 03:32 PM

Wow usd has got their big mouth pants on now. Just in time for the conference spankings they are used to.

Yote 53
October 1st, 2014, 03:33 PM
Just don't like Clenz. He's an uber-USD hater. Never been a good word come out of his mouth about the Coyotes.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 03:35 PM
Wow usd has got their big mouth pants on now. Just in time for the conference spankings they are used to.

They may not lose every game but they will probably lose to NDSU, SDSU, and UNI by about 4 TDs each.

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't like Clenz. He's an uber-USD hater. Never been a good word come out of his mouth about the Coyotes.

Why should he? He is rightfully dismissive of you, that's not hate.

clenz
October 1st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Why should he? He is rightfully dismissive of you, that's not hate.
It's cute the thinks that USD is special to me.

I say the same things about ISUx2, MSU, YSU, and had said it about NDSU/SDSU until the proved they belong.

YSU and MSU still cry about me, just like this jack wagon.

Congrats on needing overtime to beat UNIs 3rd string.

I see you're still butt hurt about the 469 yards passing UNI put on you..in the first half...back in 09 on the way to a 69-7 win

See, I can through stupid **** out too

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM
It's cute the thinks that USD is special to me.

I say the same things about ISUx2, MSU, YSU, and had said it about NDSU/SDSU until the proved they belong.

YSU and MSU still cry about me, just like this jack wagon.

Congrats on needing overtime to beat UNIs 3rd string.

I see you're still butt hurt about the 469 yards passing UNI put on you..in the first half...back in 09 on the way to a 69-7 win

See, I can through stupid **** out too

He's a moderator over at their very slow board. Doesn't seem like Coyote Nation deems them worthy of respect either.

Yote 53
October 1st, 2014, 03:47 PM
So when NDSU is beating up on USD last year, because we don't have a single running back who can play due to injury, I made excuses? Nope. Never said a word. NDSU whooped us, injuries or not. Just like the Coyotes beat UNI last year. You can either complain about the injuries or recruit better depth to your program.

Congrats on losing to USD last season. Looking forward to watching a repeat of that in the Dakota Dome in a couple weeks.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 03:49 PM
So when NDSU is beating up on USD last year, because we don't have a single running back who can play due to injury, I made excuses? Nope. Never said a word. NDSU whooped us, injuries or not. Just like the Coyotes beat UNI last year. You can either complain about the injuries or recruit better depth to your program.

Congrats on losing to USD last season. Looking forward to watching a repeat of that in the Dakota Dome in a couple weeks.

You better hope they forgot last years game because they are going to need dental records to identify you if they come out healthy and ready.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2014, 04:24 PM

This is the thing I thought right away. I mean we have this stuff happen to us as well but man it shows some real dick behavior when a school does this sort of thing.

It just seems like real bad form to me but whatever they think is best for them I guess. I just won't mind if it backfires on em'.

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2014, 04:52 PM
I was over on their board and asked a few questions. The lot of them think they are pretty smart for doing this but in reality when I looked up the average reported attendance (which I think maybe a bit inflated if not a lot inflated) given the product they put on the field the last few years anyway they don't even sell the place out. The place only holds 10k and they say they averaged 8k last year. I think those numbers may be a bit inflated???Then when they have the three time defending national champions coming to town they think this is a smart move. About as smart as the "hey lets play in Sioux Falls so we can showcase our ****ty team" to the folks and alumnus there. That one backfired and I think this one just may as well. Time will tell but hey what comes around goes around.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 04:55 PM
I was over on their board and asked a few questions. The lot of them think they are pretty smart for doing this but in reality when I looked up the average reported attendance (which I think maybe a bit inflated if not a lot inflated) given the product they put on the field the last few years anyway they don't even sell the place out. The place only holds 10k and they say they averaged 8k last year. I think those numbers may be a bit inflated???Then when they have the three time defending national champions coming to town they think this is a smart move. About as smart as the "hey lets play in Sioux Falls so we can showcase our ****ty team" to the folks and alumnus there. That one backfired and I think this one just may as well. Time will tell but hey what comes around goes around.

Like I said, any Bison fan who wants a ticket will be able to get one if they haven't already (I have one). The product on the field will kind of look like "squeal like a pig" scene in Deliverance.

Yotes
October 1st, 2014, 06:08 PM
Any NDSU fan expecting more of the same from the Yotes are going to be sorely disappointed. How can you honestly expect Joe Glenn to not do something with the program when given the time? We put together three scoring drives on Oregon's first team defense before stalling when Kevin Early broke his thumb, and even with our entirely one dimensional offense we played Montana to a 1 TD game at their place and beat a ranked Big Sky team at home. This year NDSU will (knock on wood) have to face us with a full offense for once, and we'll be up to the challenge. We may not win, but they play the game for a reason, and our place is never easy for visitors.

We may have had a horrible start to our tenure in the MVFC, but any team in the position we were in would have. Installing a new coach and culture in the program was never going to be smooth, and it happened as we joined the conference. It takes a long time to build a program nearly from scratch (note how incredibly young our team is), but we're well on our way to a playoff caliber team.