PDA

View Full Version : Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State

FlyYtown
October 30th, 2006, 05:42 AM
SIU: 6-2 (3-2)
@
YSU: 7-2 (4-1)

YSU is coming in winning this past saturday at #3 Illinois St. where they dominated the game from kickoff to the final few seconds. The score may make you think the game was close, but statistically speaking, YSU had 277 more yards on offense.

This game is in Youngstown and it will be Senior Day... should be a decent crowd, nothing like the UNI Game.

Post your predictions.....

th0m
October 30th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm thinking YSU will not be as dominant, but still roll over SIU, putting the Saluki's firmly on the playoff bubble if not off of it, since there will be 4 more deserving teams in the GFC. But then again, Gateway games are as unpredictable as A-10 games, if not more... Should be a good game regardless!

I haven't seen the SIU-Missouri State game, but going by the stats, they didn't win in as dominating fashion as you'd like to see your team beat a 1-8 team.

YSU 35
SIU 21

PantherRob82
October 30th, 2006, 09:27 AM
The Gateway has shown how tough it can be. This game is a toss-up.

SO ILLmatic
October 30th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Im am really not to sure about the Dawgs going into the game on Saturday. Especially since Mizzou St's QB had 260 yds passing against the dawgs.

I feel that for SIU to have a chance the game is going to have to be an offensive game where the teams trade touchdowns. SIU is also going to have to get a couple of lucky breaks since the game is at Y-town.

SIU needs to come out and play their best, and hope the rest of the Gateway plays out to our advantage. With the possibility of 4 other Gateway teams making the playoffs, these last two conference games may be must win if the dawgs want to make the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year.

birdsflyhigh
October 30th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Honestly looking at the potential bubble list of playoff teams, I could definitely see the Gateway placing 4 teams. And that 5th GFC would be right up there on a list of playoff hopefuls that would include Maine, Montana St. and Coastal Carolina.

If SIU were to finish 7-4, then it would be time for concern in Carbondale because even with their win over I-A Indiana, the Salukis OCC is not overly strong. But if you compare SIU's overall schedule to say Montana St. or Coastal Carolina, then the Salukis look better than those 2 teams. :nod:

FlyYtown
October 30th, 2006, 03:40 PM
You guys.. It's impossible for the Gateway to have 5 Gateway teams in the playoffs....

Why?
WKU and UNI each have 3 losses and they still have to play eachother: meaning one of the two will be knocked out with 4 losses..... Now their could be the UNI argument with 7 D1 wins, but c-mon; they lost to a D2; gonna be tough to forget that.

YSU
ILSU
right now are the most likely to get in...
SIU is the 3rd most likely to get in.

WKU and UNI are the big tossup.
---------------
GO PENGUINS!!!
Win on Senior Day!

My prediction:
YSU-35
SIU-17
The YSU Defense shows the Illinois St. style of play to SIU....at least I hope lol.... We have already proven we can stop the best backs, like we did with Pierre Rembert.....

And the other thing: Mason has not been stopped by any team this year... he is the 2nd best back in I-AA statistically and with another 150+ performance, will likely take the reign over as theeee best.

GO PENGUINS
FINISH 9-2!