Sat, Nov. 15
*at Missouri State
2 p.m.
NBC ND

Sat, Nov 22
*YOUNGSTOWN STATE
2:30 p.m.
(HD) NBC ND/ESPN3

Great news in my book! Constantly improving our TV schedule is a must.

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2014, 08:37 PM
http://gobison.com/news/2014/8/13/FB_0813140128.aspx

DATE

OPPONENT

TIME

TV BROADCAST

Sat, Aug. 30

at Iowa State

11 a.m.

(HD) FOX Sports 1

Sat, Sept. 6

at Weber State

7 p.m.

(HD) Altitude/NBC ND

Sat, Sept. 13

INCARNATE WORD

(HD) NBC ND/ESPN3

Sat, Sept. 20

MONTANA

(HD) NBC ND/SD Midco/ESPN3

Sat, Oct. 4

*at Western Illinois

3 p.m.

(HD) ESPN3/NBC ND

Sat, Oct. 11

*SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

1 p.m.

(HD) NBC ND/ESPN3

Sat, Oct. 18

*INDIANA STATE

(HD) NBC ND/ESPN3

Sat, Oct. 25

*at South Dakota

2 p.m.

Midco/NBC ND

Sat, Nov. 1

*SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

(HD) NBC ND/SD Midco/ESPN3

Sat, Nov. 8

*at Northern Iowa

4 p.m.

NBC ND

Sat, Nov. 15

*at Missouri State

2 p.m.

NBC ND

Sat, Nov 22

*YOUNGSTOWN STATE

(HD) NBC ND/ESPN3

Great news in my book! Constantly improving our TV schedule is a must.

TV. ESPN3.

Does not compute.

That said. I personally like ESPN3 coverage since I can Chromecast the game to my television. Although I'll be at the home game anyway.

Twentysix
August 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
TV. ESPN3.

Does not compute.

That said. I personally like ESPN3 coverage since I can Chromecast the game to my television. Although I'll be at the home game anyway.

I guess I am handy enough for ESPN3 to be TV to me. :\ I didn't think of the old foggies.

I am really liking every single game being on NBC ND, with the exception of the FS1 game. This is key to building the fan base even larger.

SUPharmacist
August 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Eh, I can handle calling it TV, more and more people understand how to play it on their TVs. Now, if we started acting like it is a major network or national coverage, that is where I would have an issue. Regardless, all those ESPN3 games are great news. Gives people around the country who may be interested the opportunity to watch.

darell1976
August 14th, 2014, 08:58 PM
You do know that one Fighting Irish fan in ND is pissed at this. ;)

344Johnson
August 14th, 2014, 09:27 PM

I'm the resident Irish fan. Can always watch online if necessary. This will upset me next year when I'm done with school and want to enjoy an Irish game.

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I'm a bit surprised that the UNI game won't be available nationwide through ESPN3. That's a bigger matchup with MVFC title implications than ISU-b, Western Ill., or the OOC game with Incarnate Word.

Twentysix
August 15th, 2014, 12:45 AM

I remember seeing a newscast cut to an explanation as to why they cut away from a notre dame game to show an NDSU pregame show. That was quite a few years ago though, 08 or 09, something like that.

Bisonator
August 15th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I'm a bit surprised that the UNI game won't be available nationwide through ESPN3. That's a bigger matchup with MVFC title implications than ISU-b, Western Ill., or the OOC game with Incarnate Word.

It's too bad that game can't be on an actual ESPN channel or Fox Sports 1 or something. That'd be a great game to showcase the MVFC and FCS.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 15th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I got super lucky. We get Altitude here as one of our sports channels, I'm going to the UNI, SD, and Mo State games and I have ESPN3 on my XBox.

Tailor made! (or is it still Taylor?)

MplsBison
August 15th, 2014, 02:34 PM
TV. ESPN3.

Does not compute.

There's a chance every home game could end up on ESPN GamePlan. Meaning the stream that you would watch on ESPN3 would be an actual TV channel that you would watch on Satellite via PPV.

Much higher quality video/audio and a continuous stream, but you have to have DISH Network to get it, I believe. Not sure about DirecTV or digital cable packages.

marenlee
August 16th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I'm done with ESPN gameplan since it's 2014 and they do not offer HD. ESPN3 all the way baby.

MplsBison
August 16th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I'm done with ESPN gameplan since it's 2014 and they do not offer HD. ESPN3 all the way baby.

Not true in my experience. The NDSU/UNI game was on ESPN GamePlan last year in HD and there was absolutely no comparison with the internet stream (low quality video/audio and seconds worth of dropped stream at a time). It was just like watching it on ESPN2.

I think it depends on the equipment available to ESPN at the stadium for the stream that goes on ESPN3. If it's non-HD equipment, then the same stream going up on ESPN GamePlan would also be non-HD. Depends on the home stadium, I suppose. I don't think ESPN sends any of its own equipment (satellite trucks, cameras, etc.) for ESPN3 streams.

marenlee
August 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Not true in my experience. The NDSU/UNI game was on ESPN GamePlan last year in HD and there was absolutely no comparison with the internet stream (low quality video/audio and seconds worth of dropped stream at a time). It was just like watching it on ESPN2.

I think it depends on the equipment available to ESPN at the stadium for the stream that goes on ESPN3. If it's non-HD equipment, then the same stream going up on ESPN GamePlan would also be non-HD. Depends on the home stadium, I suppose. I don't think ESPN sends any of its own equipment (satellite trucks, cameras, etc.) for ESPN3 streams.

I hate to dispute that, but I have had ESPN Gameplan with Dish Network and Directv and there has never been an HD option. Even the games between P5 foes are SD and I have never seen it HD. I can catch the same game on a regional sports network on HD. Even the Directv customer service says ESPN Gameplan is SD only.

EDIT: Looking back on last year's schedule the UNI game was on FSNorth+ which explains why it was HD. It was also on Fox College Sports, but not Gameplan. I think that's where you may be getting a mixup.

MplsBison
August 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
I hate to dispute that, but I have had ESPN Gameplan with Dish Network and Directv and there has never been an HD option. Even the games between P5 foes are SD and I have never seen it HD. I can catch the same game on a regional sports network on HD. Even the Directv customer service says ESPN Gameplan is SD only.

EDIT: Looking back on last year's schedule the UNI game was on FSNorth+ which explains why it was HD. It was also on Fox College Sports, but not Gameplan. I think that's where you may be getting a mixup.

I apologize, I was wrong. Thanks for the correction.

caribbeanhen
August 17th, 2014, 07:48 AM
how's that new QB working out for you guys? I'm trying to figure out what games you'll be losing this year but you just gotta feel it will be several

Yes? How could it not be after a three year run

NoDak 4 Ever
August 17th, 2014, 08:01 AM
how's that new QB working out for you guys? I'm trying to figure out what games you'll be losing this year but you just gotta feel it will be several

He is an absolute stud. Don't you worry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MplsBison
August 17th, 2014, 09:52 AM

He is absolutely unproven in game action.

That's Bohl's (the former head coach who just left for Wyoming) trademark. He wouldn't play the back-up in meaningful game action, no matter what.

Bisonator
August 17th, 2014, 04:35 PM

We'll find out August 30th. Stay tuned.

3 or more losses is certainly possible, wouldn't count on it but that's why you play the games.