PDA

View Full Version : Who picks up the first FCS over FBS win for 2014?

Catatonic
August 13th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Some opening week close betting lines:

ACU +4 vs Georgia State gets first crack at an upset with a Wednesday kick off. ACU is replacing 8 starters on offense, including the QB.n

Other predicted close games:

Florida International +4.5 vs Bethune Cookman

New Mexico State +3 vs Cal Poly Five players suspended for robbery will hurt.
Iowa State +2 vs North Dakota State. Not sure it is even considered an upset anymore when NDSU beats a P5 school)
Wyoming -1 vs Montana
Arkansas State -8 vs Montana State

ACU does have a chance to pull an upset and get the first win since GSU is replacing as many starters as us. However, odds favor one of the other schools .

http://www.sportbet.com/lines/football_college

WestCoastAggie
August 13th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Bethune-Cookman over FIU & Cal Poly over New Mexico State (despite the suspensions) is where I would put my money.

catamount man
August 13th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Western Carolina over South Florida. GO CATS!

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2014, 08:14 AM
So did Abilene or western have that logo first?

catamount man
August 13th, 2014, 08:15 AM
So did Abilene or western have that logo first?

WCU's logo since summer of 2008.

tribe_pride
August 13th, 2014, 08:28 AM
A win over Georgia State is rarely an upset at this point though still a win over an FBS squad.

FormerPokeCenter
August 13th, 2014, 08:45 AM
A win over Georgia State is rarely an upset at this point though still a win over an FBS squad.

A win over Georgia State is mandatory. A loss to Georgia State means a squad should seriously consider disbanding...

Professor Chaos
August 13th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I don't know if you could call NDSU over Iowa St on Saturday 8/30 an upset since the Bison are 2 point favorites xlolx: http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx

tomq04
August 13th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Doesn't Montana have a darn good shot against Wyoming?

melloware13
August 13th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I think the first one will be ACU (being that they are in the first FBS game). On Thursday, 8/28, I'd consider Howard (at Akron) and Cal Poly (at NMSU). Friday (8/29) has fewer options, but Villanova could get by Syracuse. Saturday (8/30) has a lot of potential FCS wins, so I'd be more surprised if we enter September without at least one scalp.

TheRevSFA
August 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM
A win over Georgia State is mandatory. A loss to Georgia State means a squad should seriously consider disbanding...

Truth

Catatonic
August 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM

According to their fans anyone who thinks like this hasn't done any research. They recruited a bunch of all-world juco talent that will flourish under their all-everything coaching staff. FCS schools just don't stand a chance. One of our guys summarized the attitude of their fans like this:

"We beeg FBS now. Hurt wittle ACU/FCS boys so bad. U cry maybe we let girl cheerleader play. Hold score down. 51-7 I think."

Here is the take of one of their staff writers who does a good job of breaking down their defense. Hyperbole aside, I do look for them to be improved over last year and not the patsy they once were.

http://georgiastate.247sports.com/Board/59462/Contents/Georgia-State-Football-Pre-Season-Breakdown-Part-One-30256955

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Georgia State was terrible for an FBS team but they did take playoff team Samford to the wire and Quarterfinalist Jacksonville State to OT. Abilene had some uneven results. If Georgia State improves as much as Abilene Georgia State should win.

Professor Chaos
August 13th, 2014, 01:31 PM
According to their fans anyone who thinks like this hasn't done any research. They recruited a bunch of all-world juco talent that will flourish under their all-everything coaching staff. FCS schools just don't stand a chance. One of our guys summarized the attitude of their fans like this:

"We beeg FBS now. Hurt wittle ACU/FCS boys so bad. U cry maybe we let girl cheerleader play. Hold score down. 51-7 I think."

Here is the take of one of their staff writers who does a good job of breaking down their defense. Hyperbole aside, I do look for them to be improved over last year and not the patsy they once were.

http://georgiastate.247sports.com/Board/59462/Contents/Georgia-State-Football-Pre-Season-Breakdown-Part-One-30256955
Trent Miles is a damn good coach. Just look at what Indiana St did in his time before he got there (prior to 2008 - 1-32 in their previous 3 years) and the year after he left (0-11 against D1 teams last year). The fact that he went 19-14 from 2010-2012 may not seem that impressive but if you look at the complete ineptitude of that program before and after that it really is impressive.

EDIT: Although he did go 0-12 in his first season an InSU and 1-10 in his second season so Georgia St may still be "a year away".

Catatonic
August 13th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Trent Miles is a damn good coach. Just look at what Indiana St did in his time before he got there (prior to 2008 - 1-32 in their previous 3 years) and the year after he left (0-11 against D1 teams last year). The fact that he went 19-14 from 2010-2012 may not seem that impressive but if you look at the complete ineptitude of that program before and after that it really is impressive.

EDIT: Although he did go 0-12 in his first season an InSU and 1-10 in his second season so Georgia St may still be "a year away".

We, too are a year away. We replaced too many playmakers from out offense this year. It won't devastate me if we lose, but if we lose 51-7 as some of their fans are suggesting, we should consider disbanding football.

FormerPokeCenter
August 13th, 2014, 01:44 PM

That's surprising.....I ALWAYS found the Georgia State fans to be very reasonable, respectful and logical....

And, we always got along quite well ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 13th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Chatty might have a shot against CMU. The Chips have been middling since LeFevour graduated. They beat UNH by 3 last year....

SBU over UConn is another. The Seawolves have the potential to be real good imo. UConn is a mess....

Bison pride
August 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
whats the outsider fcs view on the ndsu iowa state game? i think if ndsu can stop their offense, they can win this.

ElonFirefighter
August 13th, 2014, 02:37 PM

Georgia State has a football team? When did this happen?

tru
August 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Georgia state should beat Abilene Christian wit no problems. Acu lost too much on O

cal poly still looks good

montana/Wyoming is a toss up and can go either way rite now.

arky state should roll Montana state no problem. I'm waitin for a 7 to jump and I will be on Arky state, made them almost 3 td favorite.

ndsu is down from lastyear but I still have them favored at Iowa state.

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I think Coach Bohl being at Wyoming will give the Cowboys the advantage over Montana. It will still be a helluva game but with his knowledge of their program, the Cowboys will be able to gameplan accordingly.

andy7171
August 14th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Towson stuns WVU. Boom. I said it.

AmsterBison
August 14th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Towson stuns WVU. Boom. I said it.

Could definitely see that one happening... but sure hope it's not the first FCS over FBS win of the season.

andy7171
August 14th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Could definitely see that one happening... but sure hope it's not the first FCS over FBS win of the season.

True we play them week 2.

DJKyR0
August 14th, 2014, 12:22 PM

Some might call it a whale of a chance.

Catatonic
August 14th, 2014, 01:28 PM
here is the batting for FCS v FBS teams opening weekend:

WED ACU v -3.5 GSU

THU Eastern Illinois v -15 Minnesota
THU Howard v -21 Akron
THU Presbyterian v -40 Northern Illinois
THU Chattanooga v -11 Central Michigan
THU Idaho State v -42 Utah
THU Cal Poly v +3 New Mexico State
THU North Dakota v -23 San Jose State
THU Weber State v -43.5 Arizona State

FRI Jacksonville St v -31 Michigan State

SAT Delaware v -24 Pittsburgh
SAT NDSU v +2 Iowa State
SAT Youngstown v -10 Illinois
SAT Indiana State v -23 Indiana
SAT Northern Iowa v -16.5 Iowa
SAT Wofford v -29 Georgia Tech
SAT Colgate v -25 Ball State
SAT Nicholls St v -19.5 Air Force
SAT Southern Utah v -23 Nevada
SAT James Madison v -21 Maryland
SAT Hampton v -26.5 ODU
SAT Duquesne v -27.5 Buffalo
SAT South Dakota State v -29 Missouri
SAT Wm & Mary v -18 VA Tech
SAT Montana v -1 Wyoming
SAT Portland State v -31 Oregon State
SAT Elon v -31 Duke
SAT Liberty v -28 North Carolina
SAT Morgan State v -9 Eastern Michigan
SAT Austin Peay v - 33.5 Memphis
SAT Western Carolina v -23.5 South Florida
SAT Samford v -32.5 TCU
SAT Central Arkansas v -29.5 Texas Tech
SAT Bethune Cookman v +4.5 Florida International
SAT Savannah State v -39.5 Middle Tennessee
SAT New Hampshire v -7 Toledo
SAT Northern Arizona v -20 San Diego State
SAT Montana v -8 Arkansas State
SAT Southern Utah v -37.5 ULL
SAT Arkansas Pine Bluff v -30.5 Texas State
SAT Stephen F Austin v -36.5 Kansas State
SAT North Carolina Central v -38.5 East Carolina
SAT South Dakota v -49.5 Oregon

Drblankstare
August 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I don't know who's first, but I really fell that Montana takes out Wyoming. The Cowboys QB situation is messy and I think The Grizz have the horses to beat them.

geaux_sioux
August 15th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Montana has a good shot at a 2 FBS win season. Has any school done that before?

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Yes....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/year/2007/north-dakota-state-bison

Minnesota and Central Michigan (the one with Lefevour)

344Johnson
August 15th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Some might call it a whale of a chance.

Mmmm yes quite. (Eric Cartman voice).

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2014, 09:54 PM

I'm pretty sure Youngstown State did it more than once in the 1990's....

geaux_sioux
August 15th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Yes....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/year/2007/north-dakota-state-bison

Minnesota and Central Michigan (the one with Lefevour)
Anyone else?

I think NNDSU UNI UNH Youngstown all have good shots at wins. I also think UND will be in the mix against SJSU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Anyone else?

I think NNDSU UNI UNH Youngstown all have good shots at wins. I also think UND will be in the mix against SJSU.

Did more research. YSU did it back-2-back years, '93 and '94. '93 they beat Western Michigan and Akron, '94 Akron and Kent State....

CrazyCat
August 15th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Montana doesn't play 2 FBS. What did I miss?

centennial
August 15th, 2014, 10:33 PM
I thought the same thing. Who except Wyoming? Montana does NOT need FBS games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 16th, 2014, 06:51 AM

Darn good? Maybe, but IMO, WYO wins this game by 2 TDs. Bohl doesn't have 'his' type of players yet for his system but it sounds like the kids there have really bought into his system/style of play.

Cal Poly will bitch-slap New Mexico State.
NDSU will beat Iowa State also.

caribbeanhen
August 16th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Darn good? Maybe, but IMO, WYO wins this game by 2 TDs. Bohl doesn't have 'his' type of players yet for his system but it sounds like the kids there have really bought into his system/style of play.

Cal Poly will bitch-slap New Mexico State.
NDSU will beat Iowa State also.

none of that is going to happen.... 0 for 3

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 16th, 2014, 08:21 AM
none of that is going to happen.... 0 for 3

Too many meds for you?

I'll be laughing when I go 3-3......xhurrayx

darell1976
August 16th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Anyone else?

I think 23 is a little much. UND has come close against SDSU, Fresno St, and NIU with a Muss led team. If anything I think it will come down to the last drive of the game.

Red & Black
August 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
As bad as NMSU is, I don't see Cal Poly winning that game with all the players they lost recently. Losing Ivory really hurt their chances.

caribbeanhen
August 16th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Too many meds for you?

I'll be laughing when I go 3-3......xhurrayx

we'll AGS is already laughing at your picks xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM
we'll AGS is already laughing at your picks xlolx

Only you poindexter. Go crawl back under that rock...xcoffeex

caribbeanhen
August 16th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Only you poindexter. Go crawl back under that rock...xcoffeex

Well since your so confident, why don't you sign up for the Clenz pick em game? I did.

Gangtackle11
August 16th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Villanova 34 Syracuse 27

Apphole
August 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM

I think this is finally the year that GaSt doesn't lose to an FCS team.

bkrownd
August 16th, 2014, 11:58 AM
You guys should really up the ante on these threads "in the new reality" and make it "FCS vs. P5" only. Discussing "knocking off" pillow-fighters like Georgia State, FIU and NMSU is fairly silly. We expect the FCS top 10 to win those contests every time, so no "knocking off" is involved.

Catatonic
August 16th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I think this is finally the year that GaSt doesn't lose to an FCS team.

GaSt brought in a truck load of juco talent hoping for an immediate upgrade. They will start a juco QB, 3 on their OL, 2 DB;s and some wide receivers.

ACU, in contrast, is reloading its with freshmen and red shirt freshmen and hold over roster guys who did not start last tear.

You may be right if their Jucos mesh.

Catatonic
August 16th, 2014, 12:08 PM
You guys should really up the ante on these threads "in the new reality" and make it "FCS vs. P5" only. Discussing "knocking off" pillow-fighters like Georgia State, FIU and NMSU is fairly silly. We expect the FCS top 10 to win those contests every time, so no "knocking off" is involved.

FYI, Georgia State, New Mexico State and FIU aren't playing FCS top 10 programs. Bethune Cookman and Cal Poly are both solid programs but not among the elite for 2014. ACU is still in transition from D2 and a year or two away from becoming competitive.

bkrownd
August 16th, 2014, 12:22 PM
My point is they would be mediocre FCS teams if they moved to FCS next week, as-is.

Catatonic
August 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM
My point is they would be mediocre FCS teams if they moved to FCS next week, as-is.

For those of us moving up from D2 and still striving for FCS mediocrity, a win or ANY fbs schools is still an upset. I dread playing the better FCS schools on our schedule this year much more than I fear GSU though, so I agree that none of the schools you mention would be an elite FCS program.

geaux_sioux
August 16th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I thought the same thing. Who except Wyoming? Montana does NOT need FBS games.
They were listed as playing Ark St also.

centennial
August 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM
2014 Montana Grizzly Football Schedule (all times TBA)
Aug. 30 -- at Wyoming
Sept. 6 -- Central Washington
Sept. 13 -- South Dakota
Sept. 20 -- at North Dakota State
Sept. 27 -- Northern Colorado * (Homecoming)
Oct. 4 -- at North Dakota *
Oct. 11 -- Open
Oct. 18 -- UC Davis * (Pink Game)
Oct. 25 -- at Cal Poly *
Nov. 1 -- Sacramento State * (Military Appreciation Day)
Nov. 8 -- at Eastern Washington *
Nov. 15 -- at Southern Utah *
Nov. 22 -- Montana State *

MTfan4life
August 16th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Uffda. Really? You're a North Dakota fan? Congratulations on your national title last season and also congrats on winning a game in the ncaa tournament...

Of all fans, a North Dakota one should know to pay extra attention to whether it's a U of school or a State school. I'm sure you get tired of people mixing UND up with NDSU. Montana State plays Arkansas State.

citdog
August 16th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Uffda. Really? You're a North Dakota fan? Congratulations on your national title last season and also congrats on winning a game in the ncaa tournament...

Of all fans, a North Dakota one should know to pay extra attention to whether it's a U of school or a State school. I'm sure you get tired of people mixing UND up with NDSU. Montana State plays Arkansas State.

4Life in MID SEASON form in the above post! If he posted more often he might get a smack board title..........

Big Dawg
August 16th, 2014, 11:08 PM
I think BCU beats FIU again this season

mvemjsunpx
August 17th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Montana/Wyoming continues to look like an unpredictable coin flip. The non-football-related medical issues for Ellis Henderson & John Schmaing are definitely concerns, but Wyoming has so many question marks that there's decent potential for them to end up a truly awful FBS team.

Cal Poly/NMSU is a relative undercard. I didn't think Poly was a likely playoff team, yet I still picked them to beat the defenseless Aggies. That pick was made before the robbery incident, though (which included their star RB), and that might be the difference between winning & losing.

kingranch
August 17th, 2014, 10:28 AM
4Life in MID SEASON form in the above post! If he posted more often he might get a smack board title..........

actually, 4life is a female.

JALMOND
August 17th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Portland State over Oregon State. Beavs have struggled against the Big Sky (EWU and Sac State) in recent years.:D

Seriously, for how much Wyoming lost and the new coach and a new system, I don't think the Cowboys are as tough right now as any of those NDSU teams. They will progress as the year goes on, but I'd take Montana over them right out of the gate. If they were playing the Griz later, it may be a different story, but I'd take the Griz early on.

MTfan4life
August 17th, 2014, 12:01 PM
actually, 4life is a female.

Ummm?

geaux_sioux
August 17th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Check post 26 dip****s. GFY.

geaux_sioux
August 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
If I posted here more often this forum would be a better read.

SIUSalukiFan
August 17th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Georgia State was terrible for an FBS team but they did take playoff team Samford to the wire and Quarterfinalist Jacksonville State to OT. Abilene had some uneven results. If Georgia State improves as much as Abilene Georgia State should win.

What does that say about Jacksonville State?

SIUSalukiFan
August 17th, 2014, 03:51 PM

North Dakota State moving to the Big 12.xlolx

I think Southern Illinois has a helluva chance to win at Purdue on Sept. 20.

darell1976
August 17th, 2014, 04:13 PM
North Dakota State moving to the Big 12.xlolx

I think Southern Illinois has a helluva chance to win at Purdue on Sept. 20.

With the coaches SIU lost, it will be interesting how Dale Lennon does this season. I wish you guys luck against Purdue.

Dakotaguy74
August 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I really have to go with South Dakota State Jackrabbits over Missouri. PS I am not at all a homer.

bobcathpdevil56
August 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM

It is the same freakin day. Unless the U of M is sending a JV team to Arkansas it would be tough for them to play two games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 17th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I really have to go with South Dakota State Jackrabbits over Missouri. PS I am not at all a homer.

That one has about a 2% chance of happening. Maty Mauck might be the best QB in the SEC this year....

Seawolf97
August 17th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Chatty might have a shot against CMU. The Chips have been middling since LeFevour graduated. They beat UNH by 3 last year....

SBU over UConn is another. The Seawolves have the potential to be real good imo. UConn is a mess....

Our defense this year should be very good. They will keep us legit. Coker is back and healthy and we picked up Stacey Bedell from U Mass. We could surprise hopefully we knock off the Huskies

darell1976
August 17th, 2014, 09:36 PM

The Jacks did give Nebraska a run for their money (losing 17-0), they could catch the Tigers off guard. I hope they can pull off the upset.

geaux_sioux
August 17th, 2014, 11:11 PM
It is the same freakin day. Unless the U of M is sending a JV team to Arkansas it would be tough for them to play two games.
There's no date on there. Could be any Saturday.

MTfan4life
August 17th, 2014, 11:25 PM

Ya know, it might be just me, but when seeing something extremely bizarre like Montana playing 2 FBS teams in one season, I'd do a little more research to make sure that was correct. It's not that hard to find any given team's season schedule. I could give you at least a half dozen easy to get to websites that show Montana's 2014 schedule. Showing that someone else messed up doesn't cover your own a$$.

citdog
August 17th, 2014, 11:47 PM

Stay Classy Formerly Sioux

geaux_sioux
August 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Ya know, it might be just me, but when seeing something extremely bizarre like Montana playing 2 FBS teams in one season, I'd do a little more research to make sure that was correct. It's not that hard to find any given team's season schedule. I could give you at least a half dozen easy to get to websites that show Montana's 2014 schedule. Showing that someone else messed up doesn't cover your own a$$.
You think I care enough about Montana's shedule to double check their schedule? It's not bizarre to play two FBS games, it happens every year. Thanks for reminding me why I don't post here often.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 18th, 2014, 09:54 AM
You think I care enough about Montana's shedule to double check their schedule? It's not bizarre to play two FBS games, it happens every year. Thanks for reminding me why I don't post here often.

Go back to SS. The only place you won't get smacked down for being stupid.

FormerPokeCenter
August 18th, 2014, 10:57 AM

If by better, you mean more entertaining, then, yes. I agree. This forum would be much more entertaining if you posted more frequently...

Though I strongly suspect you and I would disagree on WHY it would be more entertaining...

Silenoz
August 18th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Bohl against Mick Delaney. I know who my money is on.

Especially if Henderson is out

GetEmGriz
August 18th, 2014, 11:57 AM

For every other FCS program, playing two FBS games isn't that bizarre... When your name is Montana or North Dakota State, yes, it is bizarre to play two FBS games in a year.

citdog
August 18th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks for reminding me why I don't post here often.

It is obvious by the posters here, and elsewhere, why the PROMINENT team in your State wants nothing to do with you.

http://i.behappy.me/65838/preview.png

MTfan4life
August 18th, 2014, 12:24 PM

False, it does not happen every year for Montana. Montana has played 2 FBS teams in one season just twice since 1992.

Someone who posts here often would know that Montana has such a strong attendance that it doesn't need too many FBS money games. Also, someone who posts here often cares enough to check any given team's schedules. I still don't know yet what you would offer to this board if you don't give enough ***** to look up anything when the internet makes it so easy to do so. Quit bragging like you'd offer something to this board. If you don't "care enough" to check if the crap you're claiming is correct, then why/how would you make this place better? I guess you're giving us some good ol' comic relief...

geaux_sioux
August 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM
False, it does not happen every year for Montana. Montana has played 2 FBS teams in one season just twice since 1992.

Someone who posts here often would know that Montana has such a strong attendance that it doesn't need too many FBS money games. Also, someone who posts here often cares enough to check any given team's schedules. I still don't know yet what you would offer to this board if you don't give enough ***** to look up anything when the internet makes it so easy to do so. Quit bragging like you'd offer something to this board. If you don't "care enough" to check if the crap you're claiming is correct, then why/how would you make this place better? I guess you're giving us some good ol' comic relief...

Did I say Montana plays two FBS games every year? Nope. I said it's not bizarre because every year some team does. And why would I look up your schedule when someone was kind enough to post all the FBS VS FCS games?

geaux_sioux
August 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
For every other FCS program, playing two FBS games isn't that bizarre... When your name is Montana or North Dakota State, yes, it is bizarre to play two FBS games in a year.
It's bizarre for NDSU? Apparently you need to get to know their past better.

344Johnson
August 18th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Goodness geauxsioux is under attack

darell1976
August 18th, 2014, 12:55 PM
It's bizarre for NDSU? Apparently you need to get to know their past better.

They only did that during their transition period, because the GWFC only had so many games, just like UND did. You fill with whomever you can get.

MTfan4life
August 18th, 2014, 01:26 PM
And why would I look up your schedule when someone was kind enough to post all the FBS VS FCS games?

This is exactly my point, though. As we have found out, this kind person wasn't entirely correct in what he posted. Blindly following the words of someone else without checking things for yourself isn't usually the best way to go. Falsities can spread like wildfire when people do that.

In other news, to finally add something to the thread title, I think that Chattanooga has a great chance at taking home the very first FCS over FBS win of the season. However, we all know how well they start the season when hopes are high. Otherwise, NDSU will likely take home the title playing lowly Iowa State.

Cocky
August 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Somebody better win Thursday because we are going to win Friday.

Southern Bison
August 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Goodness geauxsioux is under attack

Must be posting from Benghazi...he's getting no assistance at all!

Catatonic
August 18th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Somebody better win Thursday because we are going to win Friday.

Meh.

First win comes Wednesday. Book it.

geaux_sioux
August 18th, 2014, 07:09 PM
This is exactly my point, though. As we have found out, this kind person wasn't entirely correct in what he posted. Blindly following the words of someone else without checking things for yourself isn't usually the best way to go. Falsities can spread like wildfire when people do that.

In other news, to finally add something to the thread title, I think that Chattanooga has a great chance at taking home the very first FCS over FBS win of the season. However, we all know how well they start the season when hopes are high. Otherwise, NDSU will likely take home the title playing lowly Iowa State.
We're talking football here. It's a game. If it's something actually important I check my ****. You are taking this far too seriously.

as I was saying..... Montana has a great chance against the eyebrowless leadership at Wyoming. I now pick Ark St over apparently Montana St. Also NDSU is solid as is UNI. Could be a rough time for FBS Iowa schools.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 18th, 2014, 08:27 PM

LOL....my stomach hurts from laughing at this sh**!

Hitler Youth Board getting boring?

xrolleyesx

AggieManiac704
August 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM
*looks at list*
......beating Ga State just doesn't have that FBS feel to it....but it counts
BCU could do it 2 years in a row....I don't doubt it....
Eastern Michigan playing FCS this year? They've come awfully close to dropping games against them...squeaking out by a TD margin sometimes.

Catatonic
August 28th, 2014, 09:54 PM
here is the batting for FCS v FBS teams opening weekend:

WED ACU v -3.5 GSU

THU Eastern Illinois v -15 Minnesota
THU Howard v -21 Akron
THU Presbyterian v -40 Northern Illinois
THU Chattanooga v -11 Central Michigan
THU Idaho State v -42 Utah
THU Cal Poly v +3 New Mexico State
THU North Dakota v -23 San Jose State
THU Weber State v -43.5 Arizona State

FRI Jacksonville St v -31 Michigan State

Still looking for the first W.

Didn't happen yesterday and it does not look good for today.

tomq04
August 29th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Montana next best bet?

deez_na
August 29th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Montana next best bet?

I'd say NDSU is the next best bet. They play at 11:00 so they will get the first opportunity and are favored.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 29th, 2014, 08:15 AM
No

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 29th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Montana next best bet?
No

Sader87
August 29th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Villanova has a "puncher's chance" at Syracuse tonight....I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't shock me if it did.

melloware13
August 29th, 2014, 12:07 PM
If it happens tonight, I'd say it's Nova (unless a repeat of a FCS team going into Michigan and beating a top 10 Big Ten team and winning happens). Otherwise, NDSU seems to be the safest early bet tomorrow.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2014, 01:01 PM
If it happens tonight, I'd say it's Nova (unless a repeat of a FCS team going into Michigan and beating a top 10 Big Ten team and winning happens). Otherwise, NDSU seems to be the safest early bet tomorrow.

I think if SDSU knocked off mizzou it would be on that scale. It wont happen, with a retooled oline and all. But it would be epic.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I'd say NDSU is the next best bet. They play at 11:00 so they will get the first opportunity and are favored.

I really have a sneaky feeling the transition from last year to now will not be nearly as smooth for NDSU as you guys seem to think. I know they have talent but the losses from last year are massive.

tomq04
August 29th, 2014, 01:13 PM

I'd agree with that, I had it in my head that Montana was playing an earlier game than NDSU...i always have things backwards.

Red & Black
August 29th, 2014, 01:58 PM

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty
August 29th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Just because it is still preseason and there is still hope until the first game

WCU 35 USF 31

Hammersmith
August 30th, 2014, 02:37 PM
So, question answered?

Cocky
August 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM
So, question answered?
Will you ever lose again?

Hammerhead
August 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM
NDSU doesn't rebuild, we reload.

I really have a sneaky feeling the transition from last year to now will not be nearly as smooth for NDSU as you guys seem to think. I know they have talent but the losses from last year are massive.

skinny_uncle
August 30th, 2014, 02:51 PM

I had thought this myself, but the Bison seem to have reloaded quite well. Plus, they still have Crockett.

stevdock
August 30th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I had thought this myself, but the Bison seem to have reloaded quite well. Plus, they still have Crockett.

I don't know how quick ISU's defense was but Morlock our backup RB is only a Sophomore and he ran away from their defense. So while Crockett should have had 200 today, he's not the whole show.

I was very impressed with our team as I wasn't expecting that big of a beatdown. FCS good luck. I think our Defense will be about as good as last year, and our new QB will probably stretch the field a little better than Brock did.

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 03:05 PM
NDSU doesn't rebuild, we just upgrade at the end of each season.

Fixed it.

Southern Bison
August 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Fixed it.
Thanks!

The next time you stop in for a footlong, can you teach Chattown the concept of respect?

chattanoogamocs
August 30th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks!

The next time you stop in for a footlong, can you teach Chattown the concept of respect?

I am just praying Tennessee has a really good season so maybe he will just cheer for them full time.

Hammersmith
August 30th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Will you ever lose again?

Once you get out of the habit, it's hard to start up again.

;)

thebootfitter
August 30th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Wow. Portland State beating Oregon State.

Big Dawg
August 31st, 2014, 03:59 AM
Bethune Cookman beat FIU