PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb @ Charleston Southern

OLDLCOACH111
October 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I am so excited about this game that I could not help but to be eager to collect the thoughts the outcome. This will be the first real test at the 1-AA level that Chuck south have faced this year.

Chuck south record 8-0/ 4 wins were against div 2 teams/ Another 4 wins from Savannah st/ Georgetown/ citadel/ VMI
1-aa opponent’s records combined 6wins-24 losses out of 4 teams

Gardner Webb record 6-2/ 2 losses come from top 10 teams App st & UT Martin.
1win Div 2/ 1win 1-AA non-Scholarship/ Rest win 1-AA Scholarship teams.
1-aa opponent’s records combined 27 Wins-32 losses out of 7 teams

The Pick
GW 28
CSU 20

rokamortis
October 29th, 2006, 01:10 PM
For the G-Dubb and Chuck South teams - we know you all can pass but what about everything else? Please detail your defense and running attacks. How do you all matchup against the other?

Should be a great game.

CSUBUCDAD
October 29th, 2006, 01:14 PM
It will be very interesting to see how the Bucs handle this challenge. Drafts is a little beat up after two weeks of taking some pretty big shots running the ball. One of the things that I think CSU fans need to be patient with is the bend, but don't break style defense the Bucs run. Lots of folks were getting frustrated by the passes that Georgetown was completing in the flats, but that is the downside to running cover 3. They were doing that to get us out of that coverage so they could go to their bread and butter which is running slants and fade routes for big yards. CSU DC was patient and stuck with it and never gave up the big play all day.

CSU will have to have a good week of practice and the Buc faithful will need to show up and force this week. GW is no joke and they will come to play.

CSUBUCDAD
October 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
For the G-Dubb and Chuck South teams - we know you all can pass but what about everything else? Please detail your defense and running attacks. How do you all matchup against the other?

Should be a great game.
Looking at the GW stats, you aren't that impressed with the rushing game overall, until you look at who they have played. Given that CSU has yet to face a really tough running team, it will be hard to say how the run defense will respond. Offensively, I think the Bucs passing game will be in overdrive. GW pass defense is statistically not good. However, having said that GW has played some quality opponents. CSU, not so much.

Coastal89
October 29th, 2006, 02:03 PM
On paper these two are so similar it's a toss up. I think GWU's tougher schedule plays in their favor though and Baptist College is handed their first loss of the year, soon followed by two more.

Dabnus Brickey
October 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM
After yesterday, I don't know if CSU will win another game this year. Liberty looked good, really good. GWU is obviously legit...and we haven't forgotten last year.

CSU BUCS
October 29th, 2006, 03:00 PM
It’ll be tough. I’m most worried about playing at Liberty. Especially if it’s cold.

Coastal89
October 29th, 2006, 03:17 PM
It’ll be tough. I’m most worried about playing at Liberty. Especially if it’s cold.
BUCS WILL PLAY ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME...
Any Weather???:)

Dabnus Brickey
October 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
:hurray:

Sly Fox
October 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
The Bucs should be very worried about the rest of their schedule. If they win one more I'll be thoroughly impressed. I expect G-W to win by 10-14.

SuperJon
October 29th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I think CSU may get one win the rest of the year. If they do, it'll be a close game either this week or in Lynchburg. I doubt either of those happens though. I look for G-W to win this one. They've played some tough schools this year so they have experience playing against good teams and what it takes to beat good teams. They got experience coming from behind against LU so they've played ahead and behind. I think they take this one.

rokamortis
October 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Another interesting point is that GW, CSU and CCU have all pretty much been 2nd half or 4th Quarter teams this season. Should make for some interesting games.

CSU BUCS
October 29th, 2006, 03:59 PM
CSU plays in the 1st and 4th quater and falls to sleep in the 2nd and 3rd. The cold weather in VA concerns me because most of our players are from the deep south, GA, Florida, we used to have a ton from Texas and southern Cal but not as many as we used to. Most of these kids think it’s cold when it’s 55 degrees and have never experience anything really cold in their life.

CSUBUCDAD
October 29th, 2006, 04:04 PM
BUCS WILL PLAY ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME...
Any Weather???:)
It's an attitude bubba, just an attitude. Ya wanna be a winner, ya gotta buckle down and get it on anywhere anytime anywhere any weather any day any stadium etc..........

Dabnus Brickey
October 29th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Oh jeez...

justsaying
October 29th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I don't know, this one may very well be a battle. Looking at the stats, both teams are close. But Gardner Webb does have a top 15 ranked schedule. Since they have played harder competition........
GW31
CSU25

kicker
October 29th, 2006, 07:24 PM
g-dubb in a close one.

kirkblitz
October 29th, 2006, 07:35 PM
i hope csu smashs gardner webb, the higher that csu is ranked when they come into conway the higher we beat them.

csu 32
gw 14

CSU BUCS
October 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
i hope csu smashs gardner webb, the higher that csu is ranked when they come into conway the higher we beat them.

csu 32
gw 14

hahaha

kind of what I think about Coastal. I wish you guys could be in the top 10 come the 18th.

rokamortis
October 30th, 2006, 04:57 AM

Honestly - I don't think it matters what CSU is ranked, we should have all of the motivation in the world regardless. We still have to go up to Boiling Springs and they will give us all we can handle.

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 06:15 AM
CSU Bucs, just likes adding fuel to the fire...

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 07:06 AM
lol

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Unwarranted arrogance...

CSUBUCDAD
October 30th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Me thinks you chickens need to stop worrying about the Bucs and worry about the Savanah State boys. Wouldn't want them to sneak up on you while you look over them now would ya?

CSUBUCDAD
October 30th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Unwarranted arrogance...

Arrogance is unwarranted in any case.

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Methinks...you are illiterate, especially when you are traveling to "Savannah"

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 09:11 AM
It’s to funny that any thread with the words Charleston Southern in it turns to smack. AGS has become my daily comic relief.

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 09:44 AM
You think that's funny? You should look at CSUBUCDAD's grammar!!!

But don't you think that you guys ask for some of this? If you look at who's having a hard time with what you're saying...its people from all over the country not just CCU, GWU, Liberty, or any other local teams. Its almost like you're bragging about breathing oxygen.

CSUBUCDAD
October 30th, 2006, 10:48 AM

But don't you think that you guys ask for some of this? If you look at who's having a hard time with what you're saying...its people from all over the country not just CCU, GWU, Liberty, or any other local teams. Its almost like you're bragging about breathing oxygen.

Boy, your buttons are easy to push. You were the same guy giving spelling lessons a week or two ago if I recall. For someone who does not have a clue who I am or my level of education, you sure do THINK you know a ton about me. Tell me more please........

CSUBUCDAD
October 30th, 2006, 11:23 AM
And further, methinks you take life way to seriously if my grammer concerns you.

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Grammer is spelled grammar...and it was last week when I pointed that out. You must be the guy who writes the press releases concerning CSU's performance in football for the press.

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 11:30 AM

I just think it’s funny. All I see is CCU and LU people trying to bash any positive thing said. Please keep it coming, it was annoying at first but now it’s just laughs.

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Not as funny as you guys thinking you're awesome for beating G-Town, Wingate, and the rest of Div. II.

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I just think it’s funny. All I see is CCU and LU people trying to bash any positive thing said. Please keep it coming, it was annoying at first but now it’s just laughs.

Now Bucs, I respect you and I know I give you a hard time for not admitting that the Bucs are co champs, but what I have in bold isn't true. I think CSU has the potential and we are just now seeing it for being an amazing program, but you have an over inflated self confidence of playing weak programs. CSUbuc and CSUDad, i don't hate posters on here(well, there's one or two) and you two guys are good football fans. I don't want y'all to have the wrong Idea about all Coastal fans:twocents:

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Not as funny as you guys thinking you're awesome for beating G-Town, Wingate, and the rest of Div. II.

Statements like this is why I think you need to retake a reading comprehension class. I won’t go in to details any further………………………………...................obviously it will do no good.

“You can’t fix stupid”
- Ron white

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 11:48 AM

but you have an over inflated self confidence of playing weak programs.:

That's the thing, We’ve (or at least I) have never claimed to be great………never reread my post. All I do is post strides the program has taken. Including an 8 win season. Never claimed to be great just stated facts that are accomplishments for our program. I think you guys take my post out of context as bragging, which they arn’t, and bring hostility because you hate seeing our program making progress no matter how small or large. I’ve never predicted us to win a single upcoming game, I take each one with caution and after we win I reveal the new mile stone for us, It may be nothing to others but it is to us in the context of the situation. For example this year was the 2nd time we’ve ever beat PC. I never said oh we beat PC so we should be National Champions. I stated the progress we’ve made since last years 42-0 beating. Same with Citadel etc etc.

CSUBUCDAD
October 30th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I personly lke th gramer lesons whas his name give, makes my day.

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 12:15 PM
That's the thing, We’ve (or at least I) have never claimed to be great………never reread my post. All I do is post strides the program has taken. Including an 8 win season. Never claimed to be great just stated facts that are accomplishments for our program. I think you guys take my post out of context as bragging, which they arn’t, and bring hostility because you hate seeing our program making progress no matter how small or large. I’ve never predicted us to win a single upcoming game, I take each one with caution and after we win I reveal the new mile stone for us, It may be nothing to others but it is to us in the context of the situation. For example this year was the 2nd time we’ve ever beat PC. I never said oh we beat PC so we should be National Champions. I stated the progress we’ve made since last years 42-0 beating. Same with Citadel etc etc.

Let me apologize and correct myself, when I posted

Originally Posted by CatfishCCU
but you have an over inflated self confidence of playing weak programs.:

The "you" was Charleston Southern. not you persoanlly, i'm sorry.

Dabnus Brickey
October 30th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Like you don't know who I am...you're super cool...

CSUBUCDAD
October 30th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Like you don't know who I am...you're super cool...
I have never correct yours or anyone elses grammar or spelling on this or any other forum for that manner. Neither have I stupped to calling anyone an idiot for a typo or grammatical error.

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I have never correct yours or anyone elses grammar or spelling on this or any other forum for that manner. Neither have I stupped to calling anyone an idiot for a typo or grammatical error.
After reading all the post I think Dabnus is just a kid trying to pick fights. It's late teens hormones trying to prove “manhood”. The stuff you eventually grow out of. So, I don't fault him. He can critique my grammar, it’s good practice for him anyways.

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 06:25 AM
I never called you an idiot. You're too sensitive. You should relax and rest on your 8-0 record.

CSUBUCDAD
October 31st, 2006, 07:05 AM
I never called you an idiot. You're too sensitive. You should relax and rest on your 8-0 record.
You neglected to correct my grammar in the last post. Falling down on the job dude, get with it.:)

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 07:06 AM
You neglected to correct my grammar in the last post. Falling down on the job dude, get with it.:)
If you continue to make the same mistake more than once, its obvious you need to go to some sort of remediation-type message board. Maybe you can use crayons on it?:nod:

CSU BUCS
October 31st, 2006, 10:48 AM
xidiotx

CSUBUCDAD
October 31st, 2006, 11:20 AM
If you continue to make the same mistake more than once, its obvious you need to go to some sort of remediation-type message board. Maybe you can use crayons on it?:nod:

I'll just go stick my nose in the corner like a good little 2nd grader. Oh, and where is my dunce hat?:bow: :bow:

BTW, I think these folks are looking for some hall monitors or something.

http://www.englishforums.com/English/BasicEnglishGrammarQuestions/Forum43.htm

MarkCCU
October 31st, 2006, 11:49 AM
come on boys..play nice

CSUBUCDAD
October 31st, 2006, 01:22 PM
Damn Catfish, I'm just starting to have fun man. Do I have to?

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah because beating high schools isn't that much fun.

CopperCat
October 31st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Dabnus, shutup and talk about something other than grammar please.

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 06:18 PM
Dabnus, shutup and talk about something other than grammar please.
They've talked about more than me since I corrected a couple. Besides, my last post wasn't even about that.

CSU BUCS
October 31st, 2006, 06:30 PM
my god....................................dude

Dabnus Brickey
November 1st, 2006, 07:41 AM
:thumbsup:
You're my hero!!!

adrianb
November 1st, 2006, 08:44 AM
Perhaps in the off season, posters from Any Given Saturday can put on "School House Rock the Musical"

http://letsgobulldogs.us/images/fun/interjec.jpg

Dabnus Brickey
November 1st, 2006, 09:00 AM
Perhaps in the off season, posters from Any Given Saturday can put on "School House Rock the Musical"

http://letsgobulldogs.us/images/fun/interjec.jpg
Good one:hurray:

CSU BUCS
November 3rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Who from Gardner-Webb is making the trip down?

Thumper250
November 3rd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Hopefully most of the healthy players and coaches. ;)

Dabnus Brickey
November 3rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Are there injury issues?