PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly and Furman need to win for playoffs

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cal Poly and Furman are both excellent teams for an at-large bid. I definitely respect both teams more this week even with Furman's 40-7 loss to App State. Here's the thing though.

Cal Poly has 5 D-I wins. It has Montana, North Dakota State, and Savannah State left. In other words, Cal Poly needs to beat either Montana or North Dakota State to make the playoffs.:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Furman is 6-3. However, one win is against West Georgia. Therefore, Furman has 5 D-I wins. Furman has Elon and Georgia Southern left. Furman must win BOTH in order to make the playoffs.:confused: :eyebrow:

FlyYtown
October 29th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Did not realize either or....... but it sure looks like Cal Poly and Furman have a very tough road ahead.........

For Cal-Poly: You will have to face two Top 5 teams in Montana and NDSU.

For Furman: Elon isn't that tough, but Geo Southern will give a team all they can handle, just ask Appy State......

It be a shame if each team is held out of the playoffs..

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Who knows...if both miss out, then the Gateway may get FOUR teams into the playoffs.

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Is that possible?

FlyYtown
October 29th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Is that possible?
LOL give it a week before we say 4 teams. There is 1 scenario which could easily happen in which UNI-WKU-SIU all miss out on the playoffs....

No matter what, WKU or UNI will not make the playoffs for sure, each have 3 losses and 1 more will eliminate their remaining hopes...

October 29th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Is that possible?Four GFC 8-3 teams:
ILS beats MSU, INS
SIU beats YSU, SUU
UNI wins out
YSU beats WKU
(WKU loses to UNI, YSU)

OL FU
October 29th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Elon on the road and GSU at home.
It may sound crazy but the first one worries more than the last one.

Mr. C
October 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Did not realize either or....... but it sure looks like Cal Poly and Furman have a very tough road ahead.........

For Furman: Elon isn't that tough, but Geo Southern will give a team all they can handle, just ask Appy State......

There is a big difference between playing Georgia Southern at home and getting them on the road. Furman usually plays quite well at home and has a lot more offensive firepower than Georgia Southern does.

GSUISBACK
October 29th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Elon on the road and GSU at home.
It may sound crazy but the first one worries more than the last one.
Dont worry about us our coaches will find a way to lose

OL FU
October 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM

:D :D :D

October 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Dont worry about us our coaches will find a way to loseFunny that employees are always to blame.

GrizRchattybound
October 29th, 2006, 04:18 PM

a "One and done" situation in Statesboro would be your decision I take it?

:eyebrow:

Death Dealer
October 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Promises, promises! :smiley_wi

Coastal89
October 29th, 2006, 09:15 PM

You don't have a very good memory do you. Let me refresh it for you: 2005 after week 9 YSU was 7-2 with loses to Pitt. and UNI. UNI was 6-3. Who was eating turkey at home smart guy?

Coastal89
October 29th, 2006, 09:17 PM
LOL give it a week before we say 4 teams. There is 1 scenario which could easily happen in which UNI-WKU-SIU all miss out on the playoffs....

No matter what, WKU or UNI will not make the playoffs for sure, each have 3 losses and 1 more will eliminate their remaining hopes...
You don't have a very good memory do you. Let me refresh it for you: 2005 after week 9 YSU was 7-2 with loses to Pitt. and UNI. UNI was 6-3. Who was eating turkey at home smart guy?

Death Dealer
October 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM
KK, so all we have to do is win every game from here until Chatty.....no problem.:rolleyes:

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2006, 12:57 AM
KK, so all we have to do is win every game from here until Chatty.....no problem.:rolleyes:

Hey, at least ya got a shot. Sucks for those I-A'ers...anything can happen in I-AA. I predict with a healthy Felton back Furman goes to at least the quarters...

Death Dealer
October 30th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Hey, at least ya got a shot. Sucks for those I-A'ers...anything can happen in I-AA. I predict with a healthy Felton back Furman goes to at least the quarters...

Dude, I hope you are right! If we can get Felton and Gray firing on all cylinders, I think we can make a good showing.

Can I borrow that gorilla suit for the first couple of rounds?xlolx :cool: ;)