PDA

View Full Version : Mark Iannotti Chosen To Be SIU Salukis Starting QB

underdawg
August 11th, 2014, 12:46 PM
He's 6'2" 227. He beat out Ryan West who started 4 games in 2013 when Faulkner was injured.

Houndawg
August 12th, 2014, 08:13 AM
He's 6'2" 227. He beat out Ryan West who started 4 games in 2013 when Faulkner was injured.

He should look better than he is, i.e., if he's good he should look real good, if he's real good he should look great. He has a lot of weapons. If the o line depth is there we'll finish above pre-season projections, most of them are back and last year they allowed the fewest sacks in the MVC. Everybody feels good about their chances at this point but I think we're in a similar, not quite as good schedule-wise, position as UNI: 18 starters back, an OOC with a winnable FBS game, UNI in Carbondale (which I predict will be one hell of a game this year with big implications for both teams and the playoff field), a bye after week 9, don't play SDSU.....

chattownmocs
August 12th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Darkhorse mvc if not.national title contenders. Oh no, I just put the hex on them.

MR. CHICKEN
August 12th, 2014, 08:21 AM
He should look better than he is, i.e., if he's good he should look real good, if he's real good he should look great. He has a lot of weapons. If the o line depth is there we'll finish above pre-season projections, most of them are back and last year they allowed the fewest sacks in the MVC. Everybody feels good about their chances at this point but I think we're in a similar, not quite as good schedule-wise, position as UNI: 18 starters back, an OOC with a winnable FBS game, UNI in Carbondale (which I predict will be one hell of a game this year with big implications for both teams and the playoff field), a bye after week 9, don't play SDSU.....

19450.........YA MEAN....UH POTENTIAL CONFERENCE CHAMP.........WHO DOESN'T PLAY....UH FULL SLATE...O' MV FOES.........'MAGINE DAT......CLENZ/CIT........xeekx.....BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!

clenz
August 12th, 2014, 08:36 AM
19450.........YA MEAN....UH POTENTIAL CONFERENCE CHAMP.........WHO DOESN'T PLAY....UH FULL SLATE...O' MV FOES.........'MAGINE DAT......CLENZ/CIT........xeekx.....BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!I freaking hate it too, have said so since the very beginning when USD was added.

I hate the addition of USD for that reason alone. Absolutely hate it.

Last year UNI missed the playoffs because they didn't get to play Indiana State...that sounds stupid right? Missed the playoffs because they didn't play a 1-11 team. Well, had UNI played Indiana State instead of SIU, SDSU, or NDSU that gives UNI a 4-4 conference record with 8 wins.

Hate the lack of a true round robin.

I'd love to see YSU leave the league and go to a true round robin

dewey
August 12th, 2014, 08:55 AM
18 starters back, UNI in Carbondale and no SDSU should b a recipe for a dang good season. I am glad the NDSU SIU game is in Fargo.

Dewey

Houndawg
August 12th, 2014, 09:48 AM
19450.........YA MEAN....UH POTENTIAL CONFERENCE CHAMP.........WHO DOESN'T PLAY....UH FULL SLATE...O' MV FOES.........'MAGINE DAT......CLENZ/CIT........xeekx.....BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!

I hate unbalanced scheduling

Houndawg
August 12th, 2014, 09:52 AM
18 starters back, UNI in Carbondale and no SDSU should b a recipe for a dang good season. I am glad the NDSU SIU game is in Fargo.

Dewey Not me..:(

Last year it wouldn't have mattered where it was played, this year could be different. UNI has it better than us schedule wise, I think we're the only FCS road game that might be tough for them.

Everybody better watch out for WIU as a sleeper too. I think they're going to put up some points.

Houndawg
August 12th, 2014, 09:55 AM
I freaking hate it too, have said so since the very beginning when USD was added.

I hate the addition of USD for that reason alone. Absolutely hate it.

Last year UNI missed the playoffs because they didn't get to play Indiana State...that sounds stupid right? Missed the playoffs because they didn't play a 1-11 team. Well, had UNI played Indiana State instead of SIU, SDSU, or NDSU that gives UNI a 4-4 conference record with 8 wins.

Hate the lack of a true round robin.

I'd love to see YSU leave the league and go to a true round robin

Big time. A conference by definition is a group of teams that play each other.

Bisonator
August 12th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Did Iannotti play at all last year? He was a transfer right? He have 1-2 years left?

Houndawg
August 12th, 2014, 10:23 AM
No he wasn't here last year. Think he's from EMU.

underdawg
August 12th, 2014, 07:28 PM
He was offered by both SIU and NDSU out of high school

Bisonator
August 12th, 2014, 07:36 PM
He was offered by both SIU and NDSU out of high school

I thought I recognized that name. So he transferred from EMU last year or this off season? So he has 2 years left?

underdawg
August 12th, 2014, 07:54 PM
this year and next- transferred last spring semester and participated in spring drills.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
How good will Illinois State be this year? Is there a scenario in which they are a legit challenger?

clenz
August 13th, 2014, 12:51 PM
How good will Illinois State be this year? Is there a scenario in which they are a legit challenger?
Is there a scenario?

Yes.

Is it easy to explain without a flow chart, gant chart, a NASA calculator, and some good doomsday preppers?

Nope

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Is there a scenario?

Yes.

Is it easy to explain without a flow chart, gant chart, a NASA calculator, and some good doomsday preppers?

Nope

They have the dream home schedule this year correct?

clenz
August 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
v SDSU
@ISUb
@ WIU
v MSU
@ UNI
v YSU
@ USD
v SIU

No NDSU certainly helps, as does SDSU and SIU at home. However, I don't see them challenging for a title spot.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2014, 01:09 PM
v SDSU
@ISUb
@ WIU
v MSU
@ UNI
v YSU
@ USD
v SIU

No NDSU certainly helps, as does SDSU and SIU at home. However, I don't see them challenging for a title spot.

Just saw that they went 5-0 at home last year and 0-6 on the road. Without close examination figured that could be good, or I guess bad.