PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Blue Hens' 5-Year-Old Superhero

superman7515
August 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2014/08/11/meet-blue-hens-year-old-superhero/13895775/

NEWARK – In Trent Hurley's three years on the Delaware football team, this was the only time he knew he wasn't going to win.

And that was perfectly acceptable.

Running onto the Blue Hens' practice field last week, 5-year-old Danny Feltwell had just yelled to UD fullback/tight end Ryan Cobb "Hey Cobb, you and me against him!," and pointed to Hurley.

On first down, Hurley dutifully scrambled and then fell into a heap as Danny tackled him.

On second down, the football floated out of Hurley's hands and into Danny's.

"Interception!" shouted the UD quarterback, who'd likely never been so delighted to see the football land in opposition hands.

Two years ago, through the Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation, the Delaware football team "adopted" Danny, who was then in the midst of a 17-month stay at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children while being treated for T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma, a rare and very aggressive non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

When Danny was introduced during Delaware's 2012 Homecoming football game against Rhode Island, "he couldn't run more than 10 feet without falling down," said his father, Dan Feltwell Jr. The chemotherapy, which Danny received for 2½ years, left him that weak. A tumor larger than the size of an adult heart had been lodged in Danny's chest when his cancer was discovered...

Much more at the link.

FormerPokeCenter
August 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Prayers for the little boy and his family.....situation sucks, but glad he's in remission and very cool video and very cool stuff on the part of the UD football team....

MSUBobcat
August 11th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Very cool Delaware! xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxbowx

tomq04
August 11th, 2014, 12:53 PM
This is why I can't read this stuff at work. That stuff makes me ball my eyes out.