Big Sky - Montana
Gateway - Youngstown
MEAC - Hampton
OVC - Tenn-Martin
PL - Lehigh
SoCon - Appy St
SLC - McNeese

At-Larges
A10: UNH, James Madison, Richmond (they have a better chance to qualify than Towson or Maine IMO)
Big Sky: None (if Montana St wins out - Montana will be here)
Big South: None (Best case: Coastal Carolina)
Gateway: Illinois State, UNI, Western Kentucky
GWFC: Cal Poly
MEAC: None (Best case: Delaware St)
OVC: None (Best case: Ten St if they win out)
SoCon: Furman
SLC: None (no one is eligible)

Seeds:
1. Appy St
2. Montana
3. UMass
4. Youngstown

Pairings
Hampton at 1 App St
Tenn-Martin at UNH

Lehigh at 4 Youngstown
Richmond at Furman

Western Kentucky at 3 UMass
Illinois St at James Madison

Cal Poly at McNeese
UNI at 2 Montana

Notes: I don't see Cal Poly vs Montana rematch in first round; I see McNeese outbidding anyone they can potentially face; tried my darndest to avoid conference matchups in QFs (which is tough with 4 A10s); attempted regionalization to the best of my ability while justifying who I thought could out-bid for home games.

It's all for fun, right? :)

LU van
October 29th, 2006, 07:33 AM
No way the Gateway gets 4 teams in , they have to play each other too many times in the last 3 weeks.

The case for a Big South team, Del State, or ugh, San Diego is getting stronger.

gobucknell06
October 29th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I think the Autobids are pretty accurate. Is Furman on the bubble? 7-40 L to App State and a loss to bubble team Coastal.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 07:40 AM
No way the Gateway gets 4 teams in , they have to play each other too many times in the last 3 weeks.

I agree, just found way too many teams I wanted to put in above the ones you listed below and pretty much got stuck with an extra Gateway team. Had no intentions on four, wanted three...but at this point, with those games not played, I figured I could avoid a Big South, Del St or San Diego for now...

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I think the Autobids are pretty accurate. Is Furman on the bubble? 7-40 L to App State and a loss to bubble team Coastal.

Looking at the So Con...

Furman is 2nd in the SoCon now...

Wofford would have to win out (GA Southern, Chatty and G-Webb) just to get to seven games. Furman did beat them earlier this season at Wofford...

No argument FOR any other teams...

UNHWildCats
October 29th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I like that u have UNH at home. I dont like that they'd have to face the #1 so soon in the playoffs, but hey gotta go hunting everyweek when its the playofffs might as well get the #1 knocked off sooner then later:-p besides last year the #1 :( got knocked off in the 2nd round lol

Coastal89
October 29th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Looking at the So Con...

Furman is 2nd in the SoCon now...

Wofford would have to win out (GA Southern, Chatty and G-Webb) just to get to seven games. Furman did beat them earlier this season at Wofford...No argument FOR any other teams...
Yes and so did Coastal. We also beat Furman. I know you remember.

coastalalum
October 29th, 2006, 07:53 AM
sorry, i was replying that very same thing......let em know it 89

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Yes and so did Coastal. We also beat Furman. I know you remember.

Furman GPI heading into this week was 17. CCU was 31st...

I don't think CCU passed up Furman this week, regardless of results.

There were a few teams left out that may qualify for the playoffs and have a higher GPI than CCU when it's all said and done...

bigbluetiger
October 29th, 2006, 08:18 AM
If Tn State wins out it could come down to a coin flip for the OVC autobid.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 08:20 AM
If Tn State wins out it could come down to a coin flip for the OVC autobid.

It stinks that Tn St and Tn Martin won't be playing this year...that game could've been a big OVC game...

Coastal89
October 29th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Furman GPI heading into this week was 17. CCU was 31st...

I don't think CCU passed up Furman this week, regardless of results.

There were a few teams left out that may qualify for the playoffs and have a higher GPI than CCU when it's all said and done...
GPI, SchmeePI. The games are played on the field and head to head Coastal beat both of them.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 08:28 AM
GPI, SchmeePI. The games are played on the field and head to head Coastal beat both of them.

A down year around the nation (thanks to all those I-A vs I-AA games in addition to sub-Div I games) will be the ticket for atleast one team, whether it Chuck South, Coastal Carolina, Delaware St or San Diego...

If you guys win and some of the stuff that seems evitable across the country occurs, you'll be in. That last game of the year against Chuck South could amount to a 'play-in' game...

JMU_Fan_2007
October 29th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I think a 10-1 JMU team would take a seed over a 9-2 YSU team.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Care to revise your prediction of UNI? They would have to win out over SIU and Illinois State to win!

UNH is no gimme either IMO unless they win out. If they lose to UMass OR Maine, they'll have 3 conference losses.

I think things should be quite interesting with Delaware State (9-2) and Holy Cross (8-3) if they both win out, and a 7-4 team like Portland State, UNI (with a D-II loss) or Richmond is sitting on the outside looking in. And did anybody notice WKU sneaking back into the Gateway race? That could be a huge monkey wrench thrown in things.

Umass74
October 29th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Remember one of Maine's wins is against DII Shaw. They're 4-3 in I-AA.

I'd think they would have to run the table against Northeastern, @UMass and UNH. Would 7-3 in DI-AA get them in?

FlyYtown
October 29th, 2006, 08:54 AM
YSU at home in the playoffs: 12-1
Having won 12 in a row since the first eveer playoff game vs. UCF; which we lost on a last second field goal.

If YSU plays like they did yesterday at home; watch out......... YSU is going to be a team you will not face in the tourney..

Remember one of Maine's wins is against DII Shaw. They're 4-3 in I-AA.

I'd think they would have to run the table against Northeastern, @UMass and UNH. Would 7-3 in DI-AA get them in?

You need 7 Division I Wins..... they must win out..

Tribe4SF
October 29th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Crazy year! The committee is going to have a tough job if things keep going the way they are. The picture seems to get less clear each week. Furman, UNI, and Richmond could all be out of the picture in three weeks. Imagine the SoCon getting only one bid. Who'd a thunk?

What does seem clearer is that the A-10 is likely to get 4 teams in. Either Towson or Richmond will probably be the fourth. The way this season has gone though, even that's not a lock.

Umass74
October 29th, 2006, 09:12 AM
You need 7 Division I Wins..... they must win out..

I know that. I'm saving even if they do win out, does 7-3 in I-AA get them picked?

FlyYtown
October 29th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I know that. I'm saving even if they do win out, does 7-3 in I-AA get them picked?

Smart to ask a YSU fan this question.

Last year YSU was 7-3 in I-AA action and well let's just say; we were the playoff snub and stinking Lafayetee! got in over us......... but I am over it, we are well on our way to the playoffs this year!!!!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

ISUMatt
October 29th, 2006, 09:18 AM
It is totally possible the GFC may only get 2 teams this yr

ravens
October 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM

The GFC gets 2, the A-10 gets 3, and San Diego gets 2 at-large bids.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FlyYtown
October 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM
You are 100% correct. These bottom 3 may beat eachother up and it may easily turn up with just YSU and ILSU; and each could be nicely in their home confines in the first 1-2 weeks of the playoffs!

ISUMatt
October 29th, 2006, 09:29 AM
and San Diego gets 2 at-large bids.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Now that is FUNNY!!! :bow: :hurray: xsmileyclapx :bow: :hurray: xsmileyclapx :bow: :hurray: xsmileyclapx :bow: :hurray: xsmileyclapx