PDA

View Full Version : Coaches

jaxstatealum
October 29th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Are their any other schools out there besides my beloved Gamecocks that have coaches that could not adjust their fly? :rolleyes:

Every team has a down year, but it just seems that this year - more than some in the past we have a set of coaches that don't appear to care :mad:

They make no adjustments during the game or at halftime; they apparantly cannot inspire the players; I think they have the wrong guys playing (maybe there is no one else - then we have a recruiting issue); game plans seems to be sub par at best; and there is no urgency - none! :mad:

Is it just us???

The Cats
October 29th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Are their any other schools out there besides my beloved Gamecocks that have coaches that could not adjust their fly? :rolleyes:

Every team has a down year, but it just seems that this year - more than some in the past we have a set of coaches that don't appear to care :mad:

They make no adjustments during the game or at halftime; they apparantly cannot inspire the players; I think they have the wrong guys playing (maybe there is no one else - then we have a recruiting issue); game plans seems to be sub par at best; and there is no urgency - none! :mad:

Is it just us???

Have you heard about the 2-6 WCU season? 0-6 in SoCon. Lots of WCU fans calling for a coaching change, but he just got a 3 year contract extension just prior to the second game of this season.

DaGriz
October 29th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Our coach is always on the hotseat. If we aren't blowing out every team by 50 our fans are pissed. Read egriz.com. You would think we were 1-7.

Griz Grunt
October 29th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Our coach is always on the hotseat. If we aren't blowing out every team by 50 our fans are pissed. Read egriz.com. You would think we were 1-7.

The above is in reference to a very vocal yet small # of Griz fans. :rolleyes:

poly51
October 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Cal Poly Coach Ellerson is great but whoever he has calling the offensive plays sucks. Especially late in the game.

jaxstatealum
October 29th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I don't mean to sound all negative it just gets very frustrating...

In seven years we have:

2 conference championships
zero playoff wins - both by blow outs :rolleyes:
and the last two years we have lost - as in gave away a shot at 2 more conference championships because the team was not ready.
That just is not cutting it - in my day we were still D-II but always winning a conference or getting deep into the playoffs.

No one listens because he (Jack Crowe) has been able to raise some good money for the program.

catbob
October 29th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I don't mean to sound all negative it just gets very frustrating...

In seven years we have:

2 conference championships
zero playoff wins - both by blow outs :rolleyes:
and the last two years we have lost - as in gave away a shot at 2 more conference championships because the team was not ready.
That just is not cutting it - in my day we were still D-II but always winning a conference or getting deep into the playoffs.

No one listens because he (Jack Crowe) has been able to raise some good money for the program.

Sounds a lot like Kramer at MSU.
3 conference championships (co-champions)
2 playoff losses (course both were on the road)
barely above .500 total
5 straight winning seasons

He has done so much to improve our program in his 7 years that people give him a big break. If he can't get the team over the hurdle, he is going to take more and more heat. I personally like him, but am starting to dream about other coaches (strictly plutonic, of course).

rmutv
October 30th, 2006, 12:01 AM
The inability to adjust is one of the knocks in the NEC and even among RMU faithful against Joe Walton. That and old age, although he's a young pup next to Paterno! xlolx

I don't know if it's more of the inability to execute without a week of practice or the inability of the coaching staff to make the changes, but there is a case of sticking too long with certain players and certain schemes in Moon Township. :nonono2:

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2006, 01:13 AM
No Van Gorder love on this thread yet? I'm amazed.

kats89
October 30th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Sam Houston State's Todd Whitten. This guy is a joke and has no clue..:nod:

winstoneagle
October 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM
please visit the GSU messageboard and you will find all you need to know about how many feel about BVG

mainejeff
October 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Jack Cosgrove (Maine) could not adjust to weather and game conditions at Rhode Island.......hence, a 3-0 loss.

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2006, 12:02 PM
HEY KEELER:
WE HAVE SENIOR D-BACKS........AND GIVE UP 435 YDS......BY AIR......HAD 6 D-B'S ON DUH FIELD....ON OCCASION..............SCHULTZ & CAMPBELL WERE SHAKIN' DERE HEADS....TRYIN' TA COVERAH WOODARD & BROWN'S MISTAKES............BAWK!...........OURAH DEFENSE......LOOKED LIKE UH PLATE O' GRILLED BALL-PARKS..........ON DUH 4TH O' JULY!:(

AN' IFIN' WE'RE PLAYIN' OURAH BEST.........WHAT'S IN DUH CUPBOARD FO' NEXT YEAR?

blukeys
October 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM

Is it just us???

You might find a few coaching criticisms here. http://www.gohens.net:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: