PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - 11/4

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 11:30 PM
You want to talk about an awful week? I picked TxSt 24-21 NWST, SHSU 41-35 McN and SELA 17-13 SFA. I went 0-3 this past week. Did get the OOC game, but it doesn't count.

OOC - Ole Miss over NWST & UCA over Southern Arkansas

In the SLC...

NICH 1-2 @ TXST 2-2 (Thurs)
This should be an interesting contest. Texas St and Nicholls St have actually formed themselves quite the rivalry the last few years. This game last year is what led to a co-championship and gave Nicholls St the auto-bid to the playoffs where they fell to Furman. I'm not too confident that Nicholls St is going to be capable to win this one. Texas St should be able to bounce back strong and they will be at home in the comfy confines of Bobcat Stadium. Bailiff will have his troops ready and I do not think that Nicholls St can put too many points on the board, especially against a tough Bobcats defense. TXST 24-10 NICH

SELA 1-3 @ McN 2-1
McNeese really could emerge as the team to beat in the SLC. They have destiny in their hands right now and Southeastern surprisingly took one to the chin at home against SFA. 'The Hole' is a tough place to win for any visiting teams and considering the Lions collapsed at home, on television against a team that was beatable, the Lions are going to have their hands full against McNeese, a team that can beat you so many ways because they are athletic at all the skill positions and have a very capable defense. McN 34-17 SELA

SHSU 2-1 @ SFA 2-1
The Battle of the Piney Woods is a game where you can throw out the who, what, when, where and why. Rankings? If either of these teams had them, it would not matter. An awful Bearkats team, the worst in recent history, beat SFA last year by the largest margin of victory in series history. As I said on the game thread, throw out a 50+ yard field goal at the end of the game in 2003 that gave the Jacks a 34-31 win and the Kats have not lost this game since 1999. The Kats have not lost a game in Nacogdoches since 1998. Last time the game was in Nacogdoches, the Kats needed a blocked FG to defeat the Jacks. Something crazy is going to happen in this game. Will it be a blowout? Will it be some crazy last second play? You know what? Knowing how bad SHSU's kicking game has been, I'm going with SHSU hitting a 50 yd FG to win this game! SHSU 27-24 SFA

Terror's Track Record: 5-7
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2
SLC Week Three: 2-1
SLC Week Four: 0-3
SLC Week Five: TBD

GeauxLions94
October 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM
SELA 1-3 @ McN 2-1
McNeese really could emerge as the team to beat in the SLC. They have destiny in their hands right now and Southeastern surprisingly took one to the chin at home against SFA. 'The Hole' is a tough place to win for any visiting teams and considering the Lions collapsed at home, on television against a team that was beatable, the Lions are going to have their hands full against McNeese, a team that can beat you so many ways because they are athletic at all the skill positions and have a very capable defense. McN 34-17 SELA

Thanks for saying we'll only allow 34. Could be scary next week the Hole :eek:

GeauxColonels
October 30th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Colonels beat the Bobcats in the Battle for the Paddle: 28-17

Cowboys over the Lions: 34-28

Jacks over the Kats: 31-28

HERE'S A LINK (http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=dougnsu&gallery_id=444338) to a photo gallery for last year's Battle for the Paddle between Nicholls State and Texas State - San Marcos.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Just think...

If Nicholls beats the 'Cats in San Marcos, we won't hear any more talk about the Bobcats having a chance at winning the SLC...

Problem is...no matter what happens this year, the 'Cats are already going to declare their SLC title for 2007...though I think it's 2008 that they are already laying claim to...Bomar's senior season! :)

BEAR
October 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Bears over the Muleriders...48-6

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/UCABEARS.JPG/120px-UCABEARS.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/SAULogo.jpg

........well, ok...it will probably be more like 56 -0.:anim_chai :spank: :asswhip:

McNeese72
October 30th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Bears over the Muleriders...48-6

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/UCABEARS.JPG/120px-UCABEARS.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/SAULogo.jpg

........well, ok...it will probably be more like 56 -0.:anim_chai :spank: :asswhip:

Uh oh! Calling the Wyoming logo police!! That mule is bucking with its back legs up. I'm sure they will be coming down on SAU for trademark infringement. :D

Doc

GeauxColonels
October 30th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Uh oh! Calling the Wyoming logo police!! That mule is bucking with its back legs up. I'm sure they will be coming down on SAU for trademark infringement. :D

Doc
Is that why McNeese changed their logo? I always noticed the similarities between the McNeese & Wyoming logos, but never knew that UW actually confronted MSU about it!

Anyway, I like the new logo better.

Dallas Demon
October 30th, 2006, 11:36 PM
UCA over S. Arkansas
Mississippi over NW State
SFA over Sam Houston St.
McNeese St. over SE Louisiana
Texas St. over Nicholls St.

Freightliner
October 31st, 2006, 07:22 AM
Just think...

If Nicholls beats the 'Cats in San Marcos, we won't hear any more talk about the Bobcats having a chance at winning the SLC...

xcoffeex

Problem is...no matter what happens this year, the 'Cats are already going to declare their SLC title for 2007...though I think it's 2008 that they are already laying claim to...Bomar's senior season! :)

:rolleyes: :giveadamn:

Hmm, havent heard any Bomar news lately....3 games left and STILL no word....

My Picks

McNeese over Southeastern - After the beating Schlosser took against SFA...he's in for a LONG night @ "The Hole"-
Tx. State over Nicholls - Nicholls does not play well on the road, and this grueling roadtrip for them will be no different.
SFA over SHSU - Can the SHSU Defense stop SFA's Louie Runnels? Nope.

Spooney-Cat
October 31st, 2006, 08:19 AM
Some weird things would have to happen for TxState to be in SLC contention this year, but I will stick to my word that next year will be completely different..and in 2008. That remains to be seen.

My predictions:
TxState 37 Nicholls 14 - TxState will be pissed after the NwSt loss, and back at home on TV to boot. I don't think this one will be close anywhere in the game.
SFA 17 SHSU 14 - Home field advantage is the medicine here for SFA. I think SHSU will be limited to a one-dimensional offense with Terry, as neither SHSU QB was impressive last weekend.
McNeese 27 SELA 10 - I am hoping I'm wrong here, as TxState fans want the upset, but I think McNeese is going to have a little extra gas in the tank knowing that they can seperate themselves this weekend with a win.

McNeese72
October 31st, 2006, 08:21 AM
Is that why McNeese changed their logo? I always noticed the similarities between the McNeese & Wyoming logos, but never knew that UW actually confronted MSU about it!

Anyway, I like the new logo better.

Yes, the new logo worked out well.

With the old logo, the State of Wyoming threatened to sue us. They claim to have a trademark on any horse and rider with the horse bucking with its back legs up. We didn't fight because we didn't have the money to get into a big law suit over it.

Doc

kats89
October 31st, 2006, 08:23 AM
xcoffeex

My Picks

McNeese over Southeastern - After the beating Schlosser took against SFA...he's in for a LONG night @ "The Hole"-
Tx. State over Nicholls - Nicholls does not play well on the road, and this grueling roadtrip for them will be no different.

Question should be can SFA stop DD Terry? NOPE!!

UCABEARS75
October 31st, 2006, 09:21 AM

Doc

Look at the ears, that is plainly a mule. No self respecting cowboy in Wyoming or Lousiana would be caught dead riding a mule.

I would throw this out of court in a heartbeat.

BEAR
October 31st, 2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, who can stay seated on a mule anyway? :0

slycat
October 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM
txstate over nicholls - i just hope we have a crowd show up for the tv game now that we lost last week. cant pull a sam. :bang: :bang:

mcneese over sela - mcneese is getting things together. would like to see sela win though.

shsu over sfa - closest game of the week and the smack needs to start flying. this will go to the wire. how about no fighting ont he field this year.

SFA 71
October 31st, 2006, 06:30 PM
Question should be can SFA stop DD Terry? NOPE!!

must be getting cheap! Let's see in the last 2 weeks, shs 0 - 2, SFA 1 - 1. Someone must have figured out how to stop dt at least twice. SeLa & swt had their probems. We shall see:eek:

Purple Pride
October 31st, 2006, 07:30 PM
DD is only one man. If you stop the rest of the team, he can set all the records his heart desires, the result is the same.:smiley_wi

McNeese75
October 31st, 2006, 09:20 PM
DD is only one man. If you stop the rest of the team, he can set all the records his heart desires, the result is the same.:smiley_wi

Exactly :nod: I do not think the Kat faithful on Katfans.com have figured that out yet.:rolleyes:

bobcatalum05
November 1st, 2006, 09:27 AM
Just think...

Bomar hasnt played a snap for you guys yet and he already is your savior.

Playoff chances for us are slim to none for us. We still have to believe even though the odds of me getting a Social Security check when I turn 65are greater(40years from now). Believing is more than TW can say even before the season started.

Why dont you worry about Runnels and we will worry about Nichols and Cory Vavala.

GeauxLions94
November 1st, 2006, 12:32 PM
txstate over nicholls - i just hope we have a crowd show up for the tv game now that we lost last week. cant pull a sam. :bang: :bang:

mcneese over sela - mcneese is getting things together. would like to see sela win though.

shsu over sfa - closest game of the week and the smack needs to start flying. this will go to the wire. how about no fighting ont he field this year.

So would I, though I don't see it happening against McNeese at the Hole.

McNeese over SLU
Texas State over Nicholls State
Stephen F. Austin over SHSU - With a 6 p.m. start and Terry and Runnels running the way they did last week, game could be over by 8:15 p.m.

GeauxColonels
November 1st, 2006, 07:37 PM
"Grueling roadtrip"??? What's so bad about it?

And well, I wouldn't be too fast to talk....Texas State hasn't played that well at home this season.

Freightliner
November 1st, 2006, 09:16 PM
"Grueling roadtrip"??? What's so bad about it?Hmm, cooped up on a bus for 8+ hours....or in this case 5 hours to stay in Houston for a few hours of sleep then another 3 to San Marcos would leave anybody cranky.

And well, I wouldn't be too fast to talk....Texas State hasn't played that well at home this season.

Thats true...but Nicholls State has not played well on the road this season either...should be a good game.

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
GREAT game between the Colonels and Bobcats. The Paddle stays in Thibodaux for another year! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Hmmmmmm, seems I'm the ONLY one that picked a Nicholls State win....I gues it pays to be a homer sometimes! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

slycat
November 2nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
im done picking txstate. they have lost evertime i picked them except the sela game.

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
im done picking txstate. they have lost evertime i picked them except the sela game.
Ah HA!!! So YOU'RE the one to blame!!!!!

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
xcoffeex

My Picks

I want that giveadamn feature....xlolx

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
I want that giveadamn feature....xlolx
You mean this one:
:giveadamn:

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 10:42 PM
You mean this one:
:giveadamn:

Yes...that

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Yes...that

Nevermind....didn't know U could copy / paste

Carry on...

And I thought I had Extra Credit written in Stone :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

GeauxColonels
November 2nd, 2006, 10:54 PM

Carry on...

I didn't....allI did was click the [More] link under the Smilies to the right of this box while I'm typing this to open up a PLETHORA of other Smilies!:dizzy:

Such as that.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2006, 11:48 AM

Carry on...

Obviously you are (or were) not in the CIS dept at NW St. :D

GeauxLions94
November 3rd, 2006, 02:54 PM

:bang: :bang: :bang: Damn you!

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 3rd, 2006, 03:38 PM
Obviously you are (or were) not in the CIS dept at NW St. :D

Changed Majors...

Lacked Da Patience...

But I do have a Concentration in it....(somehow) :D

SFA 71
November 3rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Nichols would beat swt but I type too slow.
Mississipi over NW by 30
SFA over shs by 14
McNeese over Sela by 21 :thumbsup:

McNeese75
November 4th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Changed Majors...

Lacked Da Patience...

But I do have a Concentration in it....(somehow) :D

:D I have a son that graduated in that program in May of 2005. Now works for a consulting company in the Atlanta and doing well.

Good program!!!

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Barring a huge SELA comeback, the Pokes of McNeese have won this game...

Won: SHSU over SFA, McN over SELA
Loss: TXST falling to Nich

SLC Week Five: 2-1
Overall Record: 7-8

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Barring a huge SELA comeback, the Pokes of McNeese have won this game...

Won: SHSU over SFA, McN over SELA
Loss: TXST falling to Nich

Overall Record: 7-8

Need to pick it up TT. :p

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Need to pick it up TT. :p

That's the SLC for you!

Terror's Track Record: 7-8
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2
SLC Week Three: 2-1
SLC Week Four: 0-3

Last week was murderous! Three 2-1 weeks aren't too bad, but you never know what'll happen in the SLC. I've already prepared my picks. We'll release those tommorrow! :D