PDA

View Full Version : SHSU @ SFA - Battle of the Piney Woods - Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 11:02 PM
http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/pics/SH_SFA.jpg

The 'Battle of the Piney Woods' commences once more this year, this time coming in Nacgodoches. This is a contest circled on the schedule by fans on both sides of the battle once their respected schedules come out. This game has important meaning for a lot of people involved from the players, many of whom grew up playing against and with each other to the SHSU head coach, Todd Whitten who is one of the most prolific passers in SFA football history. Seventh year offensive coordinator James Ferguson also has SFA ties, having served as an assistant coach in Nacogdoches from 1982 to 1988 during which time he coached Larry Centers, SFA’s all-time rushing leader, and tutored six of the top ten receivers in SFA history. Ferguson also happened to coach a three-year starter at QB from Kimball HS named Todd Whitten.

This year's battle has a great deal on the line with both teams playing with hopes of staying in the mix for the SLC championship and the league's auto-bid to the I-AA playoffs. Following this past weekend's home loss to McNeese, SHSU finds themselves at 2-1 in conference play. SFA also enters at 2-1 following a win against Southeastern Louisiana in Hammond in convincing fashion.

The Kats are going to have to have a complete offensive game to beat the rival Jacks after the unbalanced performance against the Pokes last week. The passing game was insufficient against McNeese with a six of 21 performance put together by the duo of Wade Pate and Brett Hicks for 88 yds and one interception. On the other hand, DD Terry put together 37 carries for 253 yards, both marks second in the Bearkats record books. Questions will be answered during the week regarding the starting quarterback position (Pate or Hicks) and the health of Michael Malone, who sprained his ankle and missed the McNeese game.

Defensively, Todd Whitten continually preaches avoiding the mistakes. In a rivalry game, the Kats will be ready to roll with a lot of enthusiasm and dislike for their opponent. Whitten and the coaching staff must make sure the Kats don't do anything they shouldn't be, whether it jumping offsides, ridiculous personal fouls or other costly penalties that could keep the defense on the field. look to put pressure on the QB and try to stray away from the penalties, With a running threat like Lumberjack QB Danny Southall, the Kats will want to make sure that if they flush him out of the pocket, they don't let him get too far.

SFA will bring many familiar faces to the game. Southall will come in as the starting QB for the Jacks. The Preseason All-SLC selection is completing over 50% of his passes and had his 'coming out' party against the Kats. Despite the loss, Southall completed 13-of-22 passes for a then career-high 217 yards (one of two 200+ yd passing performances on the season) at Sam Houston State in addition to throwing two TD passes. Another familiar face, junior running back Louis Runnels will be in the backfield. Kat fans will remember his performance last year as he rushed for 76 yards and scored one touchdown in Huntsville.

If the Kats don't know it already, they'll learn soon about Damian Perkins, who is in a similar situation to Kats' star RB DD Terry. After playing RB last year for the Jacks, he flip-flopped to lineback (the exact opposite of Terry). Perkins is among the Jacks leaders in tackles, has forced a safety and seems to find his way to the ball.

Last year, the Bearkats won by the largest margin of victory in series history with a 52-24 win over the Jacks. Throw out a 50+ yard field goal at the end of the game in 2003 that gave the Jacks a 34-31 win and the Kats have not lost this game since 1999. The Kats have not lost a game in Nacogdoches since 1998.
==================
Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks vs. Sam Houston State University Bearkats
6 pm, Saturday, November 4th
Homer Bryce Stadium · Nacogdoches, TX (Battle of the Piney Woods)

Audio:
SFA: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sst#
SHSU: http://www.live365.com/stations/ksam?site=ksam
OR http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-U-Sam-Houston.htm

Game Release:
SFA: http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/sasu-m-footbl-spec-rel.html
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/pdf/fbrelease.pdf

Team Sites:
SFA: http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sasu-m-footbl-body.html
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football

Fan Boards:
SFA: http://forums.delphiforums.com/sfalumberjacks/start
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com

Southland Conference:
Weekly Release: http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/soul/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/103006fbweekly.pdf (available Monday PM)

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 07:12 AM
SHSU Amongst National Leaders (Top 25)
4th - Punt Returns - 18.46 ypr
T23rd - Sacks Allowed - 1.13 spg

SHSU Amongst SLC Leaders (Top 2)
1st - Sacks Allowed - 1.13 spg
2nd - Passing Offense - 207.63 ypg
2nd - Total Offense - 341.13 ypg
2nd - Scoring Offense - 24.13 ppg
2nd - Punt Returns - 18.46 ypr

SHSU (Individuals) Amongst National Leaders (Top 25)
11th - DD Terry - Rushing - 125.29 ypg
12th - DD Terry - Scoring - 8.57 ppg
18th - DD Terry - All Purpose Runners - 142.71 ypg

SHSU (Individuals) Amongst SLC Leaders (Top 3)
1st - DD Terry - Rushing - 125.29 ypg
1st - DD Terry - Scoring - 8.57 ppg
1st - Brandon Perry - Recieving Yards Per Game - 52.5 rpg
2nd - DD Terry - All Purpose Runners - 142.71 ypg
2nd - Blake Martin - Receptions Per Game - 4.13 rpg
2nd - Derrick Harris - Kickoff Returns - 20.31 ypr
2nd - Chadd Oliphant - Tackles - 8.13 tpg

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Still searching for answers
Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

What started off as a season of hope has quickly turned into disaster for the Sam Houston State football team.

After starting Southland Conference play with two impressive victories, the Bearkats are all of the sudden reeling with two lackluster performances in losses to Central Arkansas and McNeese State over the past couple of weeks at Bowers Stadium.

Whatever happened to home field advantage?

The 38-30 setback against Central Arkansas was supposed to be a wake up call, but all it seems to have done is resurrect the memories of a dismal 3-7 season a year ago.

Turnovers have plagued the Bearkats recently. In its four wins, SHSU has only given it away seven times, and in the past two games, eight. Not to mention that two of those went for touchdowns.

It’s almost impossible to win when you turn the ball over four times a game.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_302225441.html?keyword=topstory

bobcatfan06
October 30th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Ok so what happens now that the "Piney Woods" is no longer the "Piney Woods?" Didn't they change the name to Texas Forrest Country in a marketing sense?

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Ok so what happens now that the "Piney Woods" is no longer the "Piney Woods?" Didn't they change the name to Texas Forrest Country in a marketing sense?

Bah! Does it really matter?

Release is posted by the way:

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/release.html

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2006, 08:27 PM
SFA release is up:

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release

And FYI...

Free tickets for children under the age of 14...

SFA to Participate in 'Take A Kid to the Game'

Children 14-and-under get into SFA vs. Sam Houston State game free

Oct. 23, 2006

NACOGDOCHES - The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack football team is once again promoting "Take a Kid to the Game" (TAKG) Saturday, Nov. 4, 2006, when the Lumberjacks host Sam Houston State at Homer Bryce Stadium. The promotion allows all children ages 14-and-under to get into the game free.

Along with free admission to the Lumberjacks' game against the rival Bearkats, kids can also enjoy free popcorn, and $1 hot dogs. The SFA spirit squads will also be on hand to meet the kids and do face paintings.

Stephen F. Austin is one of more than 200 schools across the nation that is taking part in this campaign focused on allowing youth the opportunity to attend college football games. The Take A Kid to the Game® program is entering into its 10th year in the promotion of collegiate athletics.

The TAKG program is presented by Coca-Cola and sponsored by other Corporate Champions, like Cingular Wireless. The program is one of the national promotions of NCAA Football, the marketing arm of college football. NCAA Football represents a coalition of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics and the Conference Commissioners Association.

"We look forward to having kids from the community be apart of our game day experience and support NCAA Football's Take A Kid to the Game® program," said SFA Director of Athletics Robert Hill. "This event is a great opportunity for children to spend quality time with a parent or role model while learning about the fundamentals of college football in a family-oriented atmosphere that is NCAA Football."

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102306aaa.html

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Notes from the SFA release...

Jacks are 10-10 in their last 20 games at Homer Bryce...

Jacks are 0-4 in games at Homer Bryce this year, including losses to two Div II programs (yes, this includes UCA)...

Jacks are 3-7 against SHSU over the last 10 years including 1-5 since the turn of the century...

BEAR
October 30th, 2006, 08:35 PM
If the game is in SFA and SFA plays like they did against UCA, it will be a long night for SHSU. The Kats better hope that they play in that game. SFA may not be outstanding, this may be a bad year in the SLC, but from what I remember about the SFA game, SFA can play and has the heart to play...I was looking for that in the SHSU game and saw it toward the end of the game.

Prediction....SFA 31 SHSU 21

As I said, having seen both teams play, I give the edge to SFA. But sometimes there are teams that are the Achilles heel to other teams, ours was Valdosta..is it the same for SHSU?:cool:

Sam_Kats
October 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Not achilles heel...it's called being OWNED!!:nod:

kats89
October 31st, 2006, 08:32 AM
If the game is in SFA and SFA plays like they did against UCA, it will be a long night for SHSU. The Kats better hope that they play in that game. SFA may not be outstanding, this may be a bad year in the SLC, but from what I remember about the SFA game, SFA can play and has the heart to play...I was looking for that in the SHSU game and saw it toward the end of the game.

As I said, having seen both teams play, I give the edge to SFA. But sometimes there are teams that are the Achilles heel to other teams, ours was Valdosta..is it the same for SHSU?:cool:

They have played like that before and we still beat them, hence the record for the last 10 games vs SHSU, 3-7 SFA is hardly an achilles heel.

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM
SFA has been higher ranked than the Kats or been ranked against a non-ranked SHSU team and SHSU still beats them...

Typically takes wierd events on either side for the winner to emerge. SHSU has blocked kicks to take wins and SFA's awful kicker (who missed from under 29 yards prior) made from 50+ yards out for the lone SFA win in the last six years...

UCABEARS75
October 31st, 2006, 09:18 AM
We ran the ball on both teams, however we beat SFA without Nathan Brown (QB).

Don't want to start anything (ya'll probably have enough going on between the two of you) but I give edge to Kats based on that.

BEAR
October 31st, 2006, 09:42 AM
good point 75...I forgot we didn't have nathan.....wow, it seems like forever ago since #15 was QB.

exbearkat
October 31st, 2006, 10:25 AM
Sounds as if SFA has improved some over the last few weeks, and I see this game as being extremely close with the turnovers being the single difference between winning and losing.

Whether it's an all out brawl, a cigar smoking celebration, mascot taunting players/fans, etc, there seems to always be something crazy going on when these two teams meet on the gridiron. It'll happen again this year, I'm certain, as it seems to be the craziest when the game's played in Nac. xidiotx

SFA 71
October 31st, 2006, 06:47 PM

You're starting to sound like a genius. I guess people that wear purple are just a little sharper. :thumbsup:

SFA 71
October 31st, 2006, 06:50 PM

It will always be the Piney Woods. You've probably already forgotton SWT? :thumbsup:

SFA 71
October 31st, 2006, 06:54 PM
Notes from the SFA release...

Jacks are 10-10 in their last 20 games at Homer Bryce...

Jacks are 0-4 in games at Homer Bryce this year, including losses to two Div II programs (yes, this includes UCA)...

Jacks are 3-7 against SHSU over the last 10 years including 1-5 since the turn of the century...

It's a shame you can't remember that 1989 Championship game. What year was it that shs played in the semi's or the finals.

bobcatfan06
October 31st, 2006, 06:56 PM
2004 Sam was in the Semi's.

bobcatfan06
October 31st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Sam was in the Semi's in 2004.

SFA 71
October 31st, 2006, 07:07 PM
Sam was in the Semi's in 2004.

The sammies need all the help they can get in fighting their battles. Thank God their swt friends are there in their hour of need. They probably forgot. :eek:

kats89
October 31st, 2006, 08:51 PM
The sammies need all the help they can get in fighting their battles. Thank God their swt friends are there in their hour of need. They probably forgot. :eek:

You keep blowing your horn about 1989, why is the game not recognized in the record books? xidiotx

SHSU in Playoffs
1991 I-AA Playoffs
2001 I-AA Quarterfinals
2004 I-AA Semifinals

TexasTerror
November 1st, 2006, 06:34 PM
Sam Houston State (4-4, 2-1) at Stephen F. Austin (2-6, 2-1), 6:00

The Bearkats lost their spot in the driver’s seat of the Southland Conference race by losing at home to McNeese State, and now probably have to win at Stephen F. Austin just to stay in good shape in the race. Running back D.D. Terry (877 yards, 10 TD) went for 253 yards and two touchdowns in the 31-18 loss to the Cowboys, but Brett Hicks and Wade Pate combined for a 6-of-21 effort for 88 yards and an interception in the passing game. That makes consecutive suspect efforts from the passing game, and the Bearkats will obviously have to get more consistent production to complement Terry. Playing Stephen F. Austin’s defense could be a nice remedy for those problems, though the Lumberjacks are making gains in Southland Conference play. They have allowed 67 percent of passes completed with only five interceptions this year, and a better effort from either Hicks or Pate seems reasonable and could lead to a big day for the Bearkat offense. Stephen F. Austin should be able to put up its share of points as well, with running back Louie Runnels (513 yards, 5 TD) coming off a 205-yard effort in a 35-10 win at Southeastern Louisiana and the Lumberjacks running for 150 yards per contest. But they do face a tougher test against the Bearkat defense, which has only allowed 3.6 yards per carry despite giving up 158.5 rushing yards per game. That defense will limit Runnels, and the Bearkat quarterback, or quarterbacks, should have an easier assignment while Terry reels off another big game to help the Bearkats stay in good shape in the Southland race.

Prediction: Sam Houston State 31, Stephen F. Austin 21

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4047162.htm

Sam_Kats
November 1st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Thank God their swt friends are there in their hour of need.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It must suck to be the third best I-AA school in Texas:bawling: :bawling:

Kats over the Jacks ONCE AGAIN!!

SFA 71
November 1st, 2006, 10:41 PM

those swt guys feeling. You should learn to be a little nicer to people who HAVE to change their name to get respect.:(

SFA 71
November 1st, 2006, 10:43 PM
You keep blowing your horn about 1989, why is the game not recognized in the record books? xidiotx

SHSU in Playoffs
1991 I-AA Playoffs
2001 I-AA Quarterfinals
2004 I-AA Semifinals

That you're not smart enough to look at the right record book?? :eek:

SFA 71
November 1st, 2006, 10:47 PM

SHSU in Playoffs
1991 I-AA Playoffs
2001 I-AA Quarterfinals
2004 I-AA Semifinals

Here
http://www.diaafootball.com/playoffs1989.html :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2006, 07:09 AM
Here
http://www.diaafootball.com/playoffs1989.html :thumbsup:

71...thanks for the link to an unofficial web site...

You may want to check out the NCAA championship program from the I-AA Championship Game this December. There's an asterik there and for all it's worth says SFA forfeited their participation...

Something along the lines of *Stephen F. Austin’s participation in 1989 Division I-AA championship vacated."

Thanks for showing up, but it doesn't count in the history of the NCAA...

Spooney-Cat
November 2nd, 2006, 09:48 AM
SFA 71? What's the beef with the Bobcats? Don't be upset because our school will always have more recognition than SFA. I get it, I would be pretty upset too if I had to live in Naca-douche's for 4 years.

kats89
November 2nd, 2006, 10:13 AM
SFA 71? What's the beef with the Bobcats? Don't be upset because our school will always have more recognition than SFA. I get it, I would be pretty upset too if I had to live in Naca-douche's for 4 years.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

bobcatfan06
November 2nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
The only respect SFA has got in the past 20 years is when they had to pick up shuttle pieces.

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
From the SFA student newspaper...

Battle of the Piney Woods' returns

By Sydney Davis
Sports Editor
November 02, 2006

This weekend Lumberjack Football takes on the Bearkats of Sam Houston state, one of the biggest rivalries in the state.

The Lumberjacks are coming off an exciting 35-10 win over Southeastern Louisiana while the Bearkats have dropped their past two games.

The two teams are currently in a three-way tie for first place with McNeese State in Southland Conference action.

Last year, the Lumberjacks fell to the Bearkats in Huntsville, 52-24. This year the Jacks are looking to turn things around.

Coach Robert McFarland is excited about the big game. "This is a great rivalry," McFarland said, "but we haven't been holding up are end in terms of wins. I remember how much fun it was heading into the Sam Houston week when I was here as an assistant."

http://www.thepinelog.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/11/02/454973b112b5d

SFA 71
November 2nd, 2006, 06:11 PM

I wasn't the one who called you the third best school I-AA school in Texas. It was your bud sam-cat. :thumbsup:

SFA 71
November 2nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
71...thanks for the link to an unofficial web site...

You may want to check out the NCAA championship program from the I-AA Championship Game this December. There's an asterik there and for all it's worth says SFA forfeited their participation...

Something along the lines of *Stephen F. Austin’s participation in 1989 Division I-AA championship vacated."

Thanks for showing up, but it doesn't count in the history of the NCAA...

I got the web site from the official AGS "essential links" at the top of the page. Why you mean the AGS is giving me bogus information??? Shame on them
Essential I-AA Links ralph is on a distinguished road Add to ralph's Reputation Report Bad Post
Here are some general I-AA essentials for the online fan:

I-AA.org
GPI
Fan Zone (msgboard links and more)
Email list
News index
Schedule/recaps/stats
School and Conference links
2004 Polls
All About the I-AA Championship
2004 I-AA Playoffs

The Sports Network
News index
The I-AA Top-10 Mid-Major Poll
Stats

The I-AA College Football Weekly Preview
[email protected] (email list)

CSTV
NCAA Stats
ESPN/USA Today Division I-AA Top 25 Poll
Don Hansen's National Weekly Football Gazette
Pete's I-AA Weekly
DOPKE.com Rankings
I-AA Zone
CollegeSportsInfo.com (msgboard directory, etc.)
Massey Ranking Comparison (computer and poll ranks compared)
Sagarin Ratings (including I-A)

diaafootball.com (historic records, etc.)
College Football Data Warehous (historic records, etc.)
even more ... (historic records, etc.)

Black and Gold Express's Tecmo I-AA 2002 game
The Helmet Project
Showing Blitz (I-AA high school recruiting)

I'm sure I forgot some so post them here!

JUST SAY YES TO AGS! • I-AA.ORG ALL THE WAY! • I-AA WAVES
"Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

Last edited by ralph : 05-26-2006 at 02:55 PM.

blackfordpu
November 2nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
those swt guys feeling. You should learn to be a little nicer to people who HAVE to change their name to get respect.:(

Geez, you seem like one unhappy SOB. Go get yourself a hug or something.

SFA 71
November 2nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Geez, you seem like one unhappy SOB. Go get yourself a hug or something.

Why aren't you in helping your wife & little G-Jack instead of worrying about me, pu?? I'm sure she's enjoying you typing away on the computer instead of hugging her. You ever hear of post partum depression? :o

SFA 71
November 2nd, 2006, 10:24 PM

The only recognition you get is that you're the school down the road from Austin. What was that quote you made about the cartoon in the swt paper:

"Yes, unfortunately some moron at our school paper did that comic."

I think I would rather live in Nacogdoches for 10 years rather than with that moron for 10 minutes. What's your beef with Nacogdoches. I've been to both SM & Nacogdoches. Have you. Probably not. : smh :

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
From Kevin Gore...of the Nacgodoches fishwrap...

SFA-SAM Houston battle for first place Saturday

By KEVIN GORE
The Daily Sentinel

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The preliminaries are over. October is in the history book.

The start of November represents the true Southland Conference race.

With parity at every corner this season because of young quarterbacks and two head coaches that opened the season sidelined — one was forced to resign, the other took a medical leave — we should expect more of the unexpected down the stretch.

Why wouldn't it be that way?

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/11/02/SLC_COLUMN_nov_2.html

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Get used to this one, SFA...DD Terry...from the Huntsville Item...

One of the best

SHSU’s Terry added to Payton Award list
Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

He’s been showcasing his talent all season to Bearkat fans and opposing teams, but Sam Houston State running back D.D. Terry is finally gaining national attention.

The senior from Willis was added to the Walter Payton Award watch list Wednesday, an honor given each year to Division I-AA’s top offensive performer. Terry joins three other newcomers on the list of 16 of the top players in the country.

The addition comes a week after Terry rushed for 253 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-18 loss to McNeese State.

“It’s a great feeling and I just have to thank God because without him none of this would be possible,” Terry said. “I’m ecstatic about the whole thing. I have to thank my whole line and receivers for blocking for me. I’m so happy it is hard to put it into words.”

http://www.itemonline.com/shsu/local_story_307002304.html

Spooney-Cat
November 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
I think I would rather live in Nacogdoches for 10 years rather than with that moron for 10 minutes. What's your beef with Nacogdoches. I've been to both SM & Nacogdoches. Have you. Probably not.

As a matter of fact, I've been to Nack several times and it doesn't hold a candle to San Marcos. The reason your probably STUCK in Nack is probably the same reason you went to SFA, LACK OF OPTIONS.

BEAR
November 3rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
and I ask you......

CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE ON THIS BOARD?????

Wow! I thought we only hated on Arkansas Tech fans because they are stupid...but you guys really do have the same love for each other!

Can't wait to hear all the love for UCA in the next few years..xlolx

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Can't wait to hear all the love for UCA in the next few years..xlolx

I don't think anyone has many problems with UCA. Until proven otherwise, your program is class, your coaches are great and you are a competitive program across the board...

Lots of online and on-the-field rivalries between all three major TX schools (SFA, SHSU and TXST) and lots of tension in a few other rivalries (SFA vs NWST, NICH vs TXST, etc)...

blackfordpu
November 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Why aren't you in helping your wife & little G-Jack instead of worrying about me, pu?? I'm sure she's enjoying you typing away on the computer instead of hugging her. You ever hear of post partum depression? :o

Don't go there you pompus bastard! :nonono2:

SFA 71
November 3rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
As a matter of fact, I've been to Nack several times and it doesn't hold a candle to San Marcos. The reason your probably STUCK in Nack is probably the same reason you went to SFA, LACK OF OPTIONS.

I grew up 60 miles from both Nacogdoches & Huntsville & could have gone to either. My great-uncle was friends with the director of the alumni association at SFA & suggested I go there. I never thought about shs after that. If that's a lack of options then I guess you are right. Since I had to pay my way because my parents couldn't afford college I guess you're right about a lack of options there also. I've never regretted going there & you will never hear me run the school down or anything associated with SFA. Can you say the same about you & swt?:thumbsup:

SFA 71
November 3rd, 2006, 06:09 PM
Don't go there you pompus bastard! :nonono2:

You tell me:

"Geez, you seem like one unhappy SOB. Go get yourself a hug or something."

Am I to take the SOB as "sweet old boy?" If not, you don't go there. I've never used profanity toward you or anyone in your family & you have used it toward me twice. You're wrong on this one bub. : smh :

SFA 71
November 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=TexasTerror]Get used to this one, SFA...DD Terry...from the Huntsville Item...

One of the best

SHSU’s Terry added to Payton Award list
Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

Why single SFA out?? Aren't you playing some other schools or is it that SFA is the only one shs should worry about? :confused:

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Why single SFA out?? Aren't you playing some other schools or is it that SFA is the only one shs should worry about? :confused:

This thread is about the SFA game...

We play it one game at a time. SFA is on the clock now and then the fans and team will look to SELA...

blackfordpu
November 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
You tell me:

"Geez, you seem like one unhappy SOB. Go get yourself a hug or something."

Am I to take the SOB as "sweet old boy?" If not, you don't go there. I've never used profanity toward you or anyone in your family & you have used it toward me twice. You're wrong on this one bub. : smh :

The minute you broght my family into this you made it personal and you were in the wrong. You have no idea about me and my family so do not talk about them.

The only reason I said you needed a hug is because you always attack everyone and have a very unhappy tone to your posts.

patssle
November 3rd, 2006, 10:14 PM
he's a lumberjack, what are you expecting...a human being?

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Game Day Articles...

Huntsville Item:

SHSU Gameday: A senior leader
http://www.itemonline.com/cnhi/itemonline/sports/local_story_308022239.html?keyword=topstory

SHSU Gameday: Coach's Corner
Kats focused on holding on to the football
http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_308022123.html

Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel

Big game, huge stakes
http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/11/04/SFA_SAM_ADVAN.html

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
The minute you broght my family into this you made it personal and you were in the wrong. You have no idea about me and my family so do not talk about them.

The only reason I said you needed a hug is because you always attack everyone and have a very unhappy tone to your posts.

not know what the B in SOB is? You don't know my mother & yet you call her a Bitch. You brought my family in before I said for you to hug your wife. I can't see how that is insulting. You have the issues, but I will apologize to your wife & kid. I don't fully buy into you caring about me & my melancholic diatribes & wanting me to get a hug for my own mental health. I know I will never get an apology from you, but as your bud pat said, I'm only a Lumberjack & thus can't expect much.:bang:

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Coming up on game time and six and a half hours...

A quick reminder to the Bearkats to...

AXE THE JACKS!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Lets go Kats, we need to take the lead in the SLC today!

AXE THE JACKS!

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Game Day Articles...

Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel

Big game, huge stakes
http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2006/11/04/SFA_SAM_ADVAN.html

for the sammies whose lips are chapped & will thus have trouble reading the entire article. A friendly service of the SFASU alumnus:

"Sam Houston comes to Nacogdoches 4-4 overall and riding a two-game losing streak."

"The Bearkats have committed eight turnovers the last two weeks — four each in setbacks to Central Arkansas and McNeese — after opening league play with wins over Northwestern State and Nicholls State."

"Sam Houston lost to McNeese 31-18, despite having the league's leading rusher — senior D.D. Terry — slash his way to 253 yards rushing in a game that saw the Bearkats' complete just six passes."

"While McFarland said he has nine new starters on defense for this year's game, he has a team that really doesn't fully understand the rivalry because of its overall youth."

"The coach said he spent time leading up to today's game educating his players on the rivalry and the emotions that will be present when the teams kick off the contest."

"Seventy percent of our guys ... — it's their first game with Sam Houston," McFarland said. "You really don't get educated until you play."

"You can't appreciate it until you've been in this game."
:read:

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 05:55 PM
On board and ready for the game...

Pregame in progress right now, about five minutes or so til kickoff...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:00 PM
SFA wins the toss...

SHSU will kick off and defend the north goal...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
SHSU kickoff out of bounds...

SFA 1-10 (SFA35)...Southall pass for a loss of yardage...

SFA 2-14 (SFA31)...shotgun...Runnels gains three...

SFA 3-11 (SFA34)...shotgun...Southall screen to Runnels to the SFA38...

SFA will go 3 and out...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Illegal block on the punt...SHSU will start off at the SH08...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:06 PM
SHSU...

1-10 (SH08 )...Terry brought down at SH06...

2-12 (SH06)...Hicks throws and Kats continue to go backwards, SH02...

3-16 (SH02)...handoff to Terry to SH06...

Kats will have to punt the ball...three and out both sides...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
SFA will take the ball at the SHSU 42...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:08 PM
1-10 (SH42)...Runnels run to SH39...

2-7 (SH39)...Runnels outside to SH19...FIRST DOWN, JACKS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:11 PM
1-10 (SH18)...Runnels falls behind the line...Bucek gets the TFL...

2-11 (SH19)...Southall blows the play and he gets taken down by Jackson...

3-12 (SH20)...shotgun...Southall keeps it himself...to the SH01...FIRST DOWN, JACKS.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:12 PM
1-G (SH02)...touchdown SFA.

Louis Runnels, two yard run...

Sam Houston St @ Stephen F Austin
Unofficial Scoring Summary

First Quarter
SFA: Runnels 2 YD run (Long kick), 6:55 - SFA 7-0 SHSU

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
The Jacks just scored. 7 - 0

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Kats will start their second drive at the SH34...down 7-0...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
1-10 (SH34) ... Terry gains a few...

2-8 (SH36) ... Hicks throws incomplete for Malone...

3-8 (SH36) ... Hicks has time and runs for two...

Kats will punt the ball away after their second consecutive three and out...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
SFA will take the ball at their own 25 yd line...

1-10 (SFA25) ... Southall pass complete to Lynce to the SFA 48... FIRST DOWN, JACKS

1-10 (SFA49) ... shotgun, Southall goes long, pass in complete...

2-10 (SFA49) ... Southall to the SH44 on a run...

3-3 (SH44) ... Runnels stopped...fourth down...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
SHSU will get penned down at the SH01 on the SFA punt...

Kats third possession will begin with their backs on the line...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
1-10 (SH01) ... Terry gets to the line... illegal formation on SHSU, penalty declined...

2-10 (SH01) ... Hicks throws to Terry, two yard pickup... personal foul, SFA #17...FIRST DOWN, BEARKATS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
1-10 (SH18 ) ... four yard pickup by Terry...

2-6 (SH22) ... Hicks finds Malone...just short of a first down...wait, he's got it...FIRST DOWN, BEARKATS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
1-10 (SH28 ) ... shotgun, pass to Dzuik, SH44...defense bought play action...FIRST DOWN, BEARKATS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
1-10 (SH44) ... Hicks goes long and pass overthrown to Martin around SFA19...

2-10 (SH44) ... Terry stopped behind the line...

End of 1st Quarter

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:29 PM
3-10 (SH44) ... shotgun...Hicks to Terry who comes up short of the first by a yard...

4-1 (SFA45) ... SHSU punts to SFA04...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:32 PM
1-10 (SFA04) ... Runnels goes right to the SFA 22... FIRST DOWN, JACKS

1-10 (SFA22) ... Southall gets a pass out to the SFA 35, Edison... FIRST DOWN, JACKS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:34 PM
1-10 (SFA37) ... Brooks breaks a tackle to the SFA40, facemask against the Bearkats...five more yards...

1-2 (SFA45) ... Southall throws it incomplete...avoids the sack by Robinson...

2-2 (SFA45)... Brooks gets to the SFA48, FIRST DOWN JACKS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:38 PM
1-10 (SFA48 ) ... Brooks to the SH45...out to the SH42...FIRST DOWN, JACKS

1-10 (SH42) ... Southall pass complete to Edison, SH35...

2-3 (SH35) ... Southall hit at line of scrimmage...

3-2 (SH34) ... Brooks hit and stopped short of first down...

4-1 (SH33) ... Brooks gets the first down after a two yard pickup...FIRST DOWN JACKS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:39 PM
1-10 (SH31) ... Brooks hit behind the line, but gets two yards...

2-8 (SH29) ... Southall throws complete to the SH03 to Edison... FIRST DOWN JACKS...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:42 PM
1-G (SH03) ... Brooks hit at the line, no gain...

2-G (SH03) ... Brooks hit at the line, a gain of one...

3-G (SH02) ... Southall stopped at the SH01...

4-G (SH01) ... Southall keeper, TD JACKS

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:43 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SFA: Southall 1 YD run (Long kick), 6:34 - SFA 14-0 SHSU

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
On their own 4. Nice drive :thumbsup:

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 4th, 2006, 06:45 PM
SFA is lookin good so far...

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM
How many yards does dt have??:eek:

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Terry 1 YD run (kick failed), 1:16 - SFA 14-6 SHSU

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
That was our 3rd kicker to miss a PAT this year...Caparelli...oy!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 06:59 PM
This freaking sucks. It isn't that hard to make a PAT, especially if that is your specialty. :bang:

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Is it half time already?

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
End of 1st half...

We'll see what kind of momentum the Kats have in the second half...

SHSU gets the ball first...

Time to work on that running game...

Play action is working well though...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Cooter is having trouble talking tonight.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
End of 1st half...

We'll see what kind of momentum the Kats have in the second half...

SHSU gets the ball first...

Time to work on that running game...

Play action is working well though...

Any stats TT? ESPN doesn't have any posted at the moment.

How are Hicks and DDT doing?

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM
dt's got 13 yards on 12 carries. That comes out to what, 1 yd & 3 inches per carry. I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Gametracker here:
http://livestats.www.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-footbl/424262/top.html

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
It seems all of the sudden we have concrete blocks for feet. :nono:

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 07:07 PM
SFA has 165 yards on 32 snaps & shs has 112 yards on 25 snaps. 73 of those 112 came on the last series. :eek:

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Kooter apparently just found out about the I-AA name change...

Took him long enough! We've been talking about it for months...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting as much...

Had to change what I was doing when SFA went up 14-0...

Let's get back in this game, Kats!

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:17 PM
SFA has 165 yards on 32 snaps & shs has 112 yards on 25 snaps. 73 of those 112 came on the last series. :eek:

We'll hope that's a result of Hicks shaking off the rust of sharing time with Pate last week...and taking his time to see what SFA was throwing at him...xsmileyclapx

Time to get the M&Ms (Malone and Martin) rolling down the field...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
UCA is rolling over Southern Arkansas 35-7...

McNeese is up 3-0 over SELA in the early-goings...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Kats need to wake up.

Why are we throwing so much? Give it to DDT and freaking block for him.

Seems TW's "brilliant idea" of not running as much is paying off.:rolleyes:

SFA 71
November 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
13 yards rushing on 15 snaps. I think I 'd start to throw too. :(

Dallas Demon
November 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Kats need to wake up.

Why are we throwing so much? Give it to DDT and freaking block for him.

Seems TW's "brilliant idea" of not running as much is paying off.:rolleyes:

I didn't understand the shift to Pate last week. I don't understood why SH didn't give DDT more carries over the last few games.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
SHSU gets a big time three and out...

Luke McCall is having a great game for the Kats. Seems to be involved on many plays within five yards of the line of scrimmage...

Kats ball at the SH49... :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I didn't understand the shift to Pate last week. I don't understood why SH didn't give DDT more carries over the last few games.

Neither can any of the Kat faithful. : smh :

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
DD Terry is going nowhere fast...even with the extra blocker, Dzuik in...

This game hurts his Payton Award chances unless he really gets things rolling down the stretch here in the second half...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Timeout, SHSU

SFA 14-6 SHSU
10:45 3Q

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
DD Terry is going nowhere fast...even with the extra blocker, Dzuik in...

This game hurts his Payton Award chances unless he really gets things rolling down the stretch here in the second half...

How can he put up 85 yards on Texas but be struggling against SFA? Can't be all his fault, his blockers can't be making their spots.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Great, a penelty on the Kats. :bang:

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:32 PM
How can he put up 85 yards on Texas but be struggling against SFA? Can't be all his fault, his blockers can't be making their spots.

SFA apparently is just looking to stop the run...and they are doing so effectively...

When the Kats have gotten pass protection, they haven't had any issues getting some yardage on the pass...

SFA seems willing to let the pass beat them...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:32 PM
1st and goal Kats! :hurray:

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:33 PM
TD BEARKATS!!!!!

HICKS TO PERRY!

14-12 pending the extra point (these are hardly automatic)

TexasTerror
TOUCHDOWN BEARKATS! How 'bout them Kats?!?

Nice job, Brandon Perry! Two yard TD pass...

Two point conversion...9:18 left...GOOD!

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Terry 1 YD run (kick failed), 1:16 - SFA 14-6 SHSU

Third Quarter
SHSU: Hicks 2 YD pass to Perry (Terry run), 9:18 - SFA 14-14 SHSU

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Kats attempt the 2 point conversion and it is good!

DDT runs it in.

Tie gam 14-14

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
TT, you may crack 7000 tonight! Did you notice?

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
LETS GO KATS, STOP THE JACKS!

This bend but don't break crap needs to stop!

kats89
Time for D to step up now damnit.

TexasTerror
TT, you may crack 7000 tonight! Did you notice?

Going to be a long shot...but it'd be nice! :rotateh:

Would prefer a Bearkat win with it if it did come... xsmileyclapx

blackfordpu
SFA breaks a long run to the Kats 17.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Kats having issues stopping Runnels...who is one of the better backs we've seen all year...

SFA in the red zone already...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Kats sack Southall!

Loss of 9 yards.

kats89
November 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM
come on baby

blackfordpu
Pass complete to the 17.

3rd and 11.

blackfordpu
HOLD'EM KATS!

TexasTerror
Information on SFA's kicker...

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Long, Cory 7-12 58.3 0-0 2-2 4-5 1-4 0-1 47 1

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Jacks to kick the FG.

SFA 71
3 - 0 over sela

blackfordpu
Kick is good.

17-14 Jacks
5:32 in the 3rd

TexasTerror

First Quarter
SFA: Runnels 2 yd run (Long kick), 6:55 - SFA 7-0 SHSU

Second Quarter
SFA: Southall 1 yd run (Long kick), 6:34 - SFA 14-0 SHSU
SHSU: Terry 1 yd run (kick failed), 1:16 - SFA 14-6 SHSU

Third Quarter
SHSU: Hicks 2 yd pass to Perry (Terry run), 9:18 - SFA 14-14 SHSU
SFA: Long 24 yd FG, 5:32 - SFA 17-14 SHSU

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Ok offense, time to step up again. Don't leave it up to the kicking game.

kats89
good stop. held to a FG. now it is time for the offense to crank it up, score a TD and take the lead.

SFA 71
the fg. :thumbsup:

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:43 PM
AA runs for a gain of 5.

2nd and 5 Kats

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Pass complete to the 33 of the Jacks!

Hicks to Perry for 38 yards!

First down Kats!

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Brandon Perry is really having a great game tonight for the Kats...

Audelin in the game...down to the SFA29...five yards...

Think we'll see Audelin stick in there?

blackfordpu
Hicks throws it away.

2nd down.

AA runs for 5 on second down.

3rd and 5 Kats

blackfordpu
Brandon Perry is really having a great game tonight for the Kats...

Audelin in the game...down to the SFA29...five yards...

Think we'll see Audelin stick in there?

Maybe giving DDT a break to see whats going on.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Big decision here. Ball on the 29, kick or go for it?

Going for it and missed. O-Line couldn't hold.

Jacks ball.

Not having a kicking game is going to haunt the Kats for a long time.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
And the all-important kicking game...no shows...

4th and 5 from the SFA29...Kats go for it, Hicks incomplete...

SFA ball...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Defense really needs to step up here.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
SHSU doesn't realize how spoiled we were with All-American place-kicker Lance Garner...

Not sure what SHSU is going to do in the kicking department, but it's scary that we need a punter next year with Lance Garner graduating and of course, the kicking situation is a mess...

Good snapper with Justin Humphrey and holder with PD, but we have some things to look over next year...

kats89
November 4th, 2006, 07:48 PM
That is what happens when you have NO KICKING GAME...:bang:

blackfordpu
Is it me or is this game flying by?

TexasTerror
Is it me or is this game flying by?

Lots of running...

Runnels. Terry. Southall. Audelin.

Everyone is getting in the action here...

kats89
November 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
JUST AMAZING, LAST WEEK WE COULD RUN AND COULDNT PASS. THIS WEEK WE CAN PASS AND NOT RUN.

blackfordpu
SHSU doesn't realize how spoiled we were with All-American place-kicker Lance Garner...

Not sure what SHSU is going to do in the kicking department, but it's scary that we need a punter next year with Lance Garner graduating and of course, the kicking situation is a mess...

Good snapper with Justin Humphrey and holder with PD, but we have some things to look over next year...

You mean Curtis Parks?

blackfordpu
3rd and 11 for the Jacks.

Stop'em Kats!

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:50 PM
3-11 for SFA...bad pass, incomplete...

Kats will get the ball from SFA via the punt...

Kats need to take back the field...

blackfordpu
4th and 11 for the Jacks from the 48.

Jacks to punt and Harris will return.

blackfordpu
Ball takes a Kats bounce and they will take over at their own 31.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:51 PM
You mean Curtis Parks?

Yep, but we do miss Lance Garner...

Curtis Parks has been a consistent leg...

Perhaps SHSU needs to send out an S.O.S along the I-A transfer wire...

TXST got a solid I-A transfer at kicker...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Yep, but we do miss Lance Garner...

Curtis Parks has been a consistent leg...

Perhaps SHSU needs to send out an S.O.S along the I-A transfer wire...

TXST got a solid I-A transfer at kicker...

I don't care what they do, just do something.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:52 PM
DDT runs for 1 yard.

2nd and 9.

DDT just can't find any room to run.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Pass incomplete, intended for Perry.

3rd and 9

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:53 PM
DDT runs to the 45 and picks up the first down. He finally broke free and got to run. Could this be the start of something for him?

1st down Kats!

TexasTerror
Big first down for DD Terry...

Biggest run! About time...

Terry needs to see some open field and turn those jets on...

That'd be a huge momentum change...

TexasTerror
Hicks and Perry are getting something going together...

FIRST DOWN, KATS!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Hicks to Perry to the 40 yard line.

First down Kats!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Hicks incomplete intended for Perry. Seems to be going his way a lot.

2nd and 10

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hicks to Martin to the 27!

First down Kats!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Kats let the 3rd quarter run out.

17-14 Jacks going into the 4th.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Glad to see Houston becoming part of the offense...

Doesn't seem to get mentioned, but Houston has two more years after this...

He'll be a vital part of the Kats offense these next two years, definitely has some speed...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Personal foul on SFA...

15 yard penalty...

Refs are making sure those Jacks don't do anything inappropriate...

SHSU inside the SFA 15...

blackfordpu
Hicks to AA for 5 yards to the 10.

2nd and 5

TexasTerror
Audelin continues his involvement, inside the SFA10...

Like seeing Audelin involved..

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:00 PM
AA runs to the 2.

3rd and 1

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:00 PM
From the SFA02...

Dzuik in at full back...

Audelin lands inside the SFA01...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:01 PM
AA picks up the 1st down inside the 1.

1st and goal from the .5 yard line

TexasTerror
TOUCHDOWN, BEARKATS! WOOOOOOOO!

blackfordpu
AA SCORES THE TD!

20-17 KATS (pending the xtra point)

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:02 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
SHSU: Audelin 1 yd run (Caparelli kick), 12:39 - SHSU 21 - 17 SFA

blackfordpu
PAT IS GOOD, HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!

21-17 Kats
12:39 to go

blackfordpu
Caparelli

Who is this guy? Redshirt, walk-on?

TexasTerror
Congrats to the walk-on kicker!

26 Michael Capparelli K 5-8 158 So-HS Klein / Klein Forest

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
FYI...

SELA 7
McN 3
1:53 2Q

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Congrats to the walk-on kicker!

26 Michael Capparelli K 5-8 158 So-HS Klein / Klein Forest

Soccer player?

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Soccer player?

Possibly...the Klein area is known for great soccer players...

He may very well earn a scholarship pending his game performance from here on out and how things go in practice...we still haven't seen him kick a FG, so I wonder what his range is...

blackfordpu
2nd and 13 for the Jacks

TexasTerror
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Tony Jones almost had an INT and more!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM
3rd and 13 from SFA 41.

KATS SACK SOUTHALL!

TexasTerror
Bearkat defense has arrived in Nacogdoches!

ED JACKSON!

I can hear the Jackson family all the way in NOLA! :)

blackfordpu
Kats to take the ball from their own 13.

TexasTerror
Score update...

SELA 13
McN 3
HALF

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:08 PM
DDT runs for a gain of -1.

2nd and 11

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Hicks to Perry for a gain of 5

3rd and 6

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Malone dropped the pass

Kats to punt

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:10 PM
SFA takes over at their own 45.

8:17 left in the 4th.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Runnels runs for a gain of 4.

2nd and 6

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Time for SHSU defense to turn it up a notch once more!

Do we know what the deal with Bucek was? Has he come back in the game?

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Kats tackle Rhodes for a loss of 7 back to the SFA 40.

3rd and 11 for the Jacks

TexasTerror
Kats defense gets their second crucial third down stop in a row...

The Kats have been applying pressure for about three or four drives now, they're in Southall's head...

4th and 11...SFA42...Southall throws and Runnels gets to the SH29...yikes! Kats can't tackle when they need it...

blackfordpu
Kats let them go and the Jacks pick up a big gain down to the Kats 29.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:13 PM
SH23 yard line for Runnels on a six-yard gain...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Kats defense gets their second crucial third down stop in a row...

The Kats have been applying pressure for about three or four drives now, they're in Southall's head...

4th and 11...SFA42...Southall throws and Runnels gets to the SH29...yikes! Kats can't tackle when they need it...

Has been a problem all season.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:14 PM
2-4 (SH23)...Southall hits Runnels, incomplete pass...

blackfordpu
3rd and 4

TexasTerror
3-4 (SH23)...shotgun, Southall keeps it and he gets stopped short of a first down...SH21..

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Kats stop Southall short of the first.

Jacks to go for it.

Kats need to step up big time.

TexasTerror
4-3 (SH22)...Southall under center, runs and gets the first down...

blackfordpu
Southall picks up the first.

Kats once again blow a huge play.

blackfordpu
4:36 to go.

SFA 1st and 10 from the Kats 16.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:16 PM
1-10 (SH16)...Runnels turns the corner, to the SH07...

blackfordpu
Runnels runs to the 7.

2nd and 1

SFA 71
Southall made a good one

TexasTerror
2-1 (SH07)...Runnels stopped for a loss of one...

blackfordpu
Runnels stopped for no gain.

3rd and 1 from the Kats 7

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:17 PM
3-2 (SH08 )...Southall to Runnels, hit and leans forward, still shy of the first...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Runnels takes to ball for a gain of 1.

4th and less than one

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Ok Defense, step up NOW!

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
4-1 (SH7)...Southall hands to Runnels, measurement...

KATS STOP HIM!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
KATS STOP RUNNELS!!

KATS BALL, KATS BALL!

TexasTerror
SHSU get a 4th down stop when it matters most!

BEAR
UCA 55 SAU 14...
How's the SHSU vs SFA game going?

TexasTerror
Okay fellas...

Let's get a first down or two and ice this game...

HOLD THAT BALL!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Kats just need to hold on to the ball and put together a drive.

2:38 in the 4th

17-14 Kats in the lead.

TexasTerror
UCA 55 SAU 14...
How's the SHSU vs SFA game going?

SHSU 21-17 SFA
2:48 left

SFA has all three timeouts, SHSU ball...

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
SHSU: Audelin 1 yd run (Capparelli kick), 12:39 - SHSU 21 - 17 SFA

BEAR
Wow...hope you guys don't turn it over...ha ha

TexasTerror
Timeout, SFA...

Two to go for the Jacks...

2:09 left...

blackfordpu
AA runs for a gain of 2.

2nd and 8

SFA takes their first time out.

BEAR
November 4th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Bear defense knocked out SAU starting QB..sent him to the hospital...he's ok. slight concussion...

Sounds like your game is a heck of a lot more exciting..

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Audelin finds a hole and gets to the SH14...

SFA, Timeout.

SFA's second timeout, one remains...

blackfordpu
Audelin finds a hole and gets to the SH14...

SFA, Timeout.

SFA's second timeout, one remains...

3rd and 3

TexasTerror
2:04 remains...

SFA has 1 timeout remaining...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Huge play here!

BEAR
Wow...what a game!

TexasTerror
3-3 (SH14)... Audelin gets the first down to the SH20!

blackfordpu
FIRST DOWN KATS, FIRST DOWN KATS!!!!!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:24 PM
RUN THAT CLOCK BOYS, RUN THAT CLOCK!!!!!

TexasTerror
SFA just used their final timeout...

1-10 SHSU from the SH20...

blackfordpu
Can we not just kneel four times and call it a game?

BEAR
November 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
....can't take too many clock violations...20 yards gets eaten up quickly..

blackfordpu
AA runs for no gain.

2nd and 10

TexasTerror
1-10 (SH20)... Audelin gets to the line of scrimmage

2-10 (SH20) forthcoming...

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:26 PM
What? Delay of game?

TexasTerror
2-10 (SH20)...1:05 left...flag on the play...delay of game against Sam...what the heck?

blackfordpu
1:05 left in the game.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:27 PM
2-15 (SH15)...kneel...

3-16 (SH14)...Whitten can do math?!?

blackfordpu
3rd and 16

Kats to kneel the ball

BEAR
...that's what I was talking about

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
SHSU: Audelin 1 yd run (Capparelli kick), 12:39 - SHSU 21 - 17 SFA

FINAL - SHSU 21-17 SFA

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Kats kneel the ball for the final time.

KATS WIN, KATS WIN, KATS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Whew, closer than I would have liked but I'll take it.

Great game by the Jacks, thought they were going to pull it off.

Kats keep their SLC championship hopes alive.

blackfordpu
I think DDT will fall off the Peyton list now but its all about the team. He just needs to shake it off and look forward to next week. Still have a lot of football to play.

SFA 71
However, when the sun comes up tomorrow, I'll still be on the SFA bandwagon. :thumbsup:

BEAR
November 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Congrats to the Kats! I think SFA played SHSU a little tougher than what most thought they would :nod: .. no shame in that loss SFA! :hurray: Sounded like a great game by both teams:hurray: So what are the conference standings ?

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Congrats to the Kats! I think SFA played SHSU a little tougher than what most thought they would :nod: .. no shame in that loss SFA! :hurray: Sounded like a great game by both teams:hurray: So what are the conference standings ?

Bold is updated:

School SLC Overall
McNeese State 2-1 .667 4-4 .500
Sam Houston State 3-1 .667 5-4 .
Stephen F. Austin 2-2 .500 2-7 .
Northwestern State 2-2 .500 4-5 .
Nicholls State 2-2 .500 4-5 .
Texas State 2-3 .400 3-6 .333
Southeastern Louisiana 1-3 .250 2-7 .222

igo4uni
November 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
School SLC Overall
McNeese State 2-1 .667 4-4 .500
Sam Houston State 2-1 .667 4-4 .500
Stephen F. Austin 2-1 .667 2-6 .250
Northwestern State 2-2 .500 4-4 .500
Nicholls State 2-2 .500 4-5 .455
Texas State 2-3 .400 3-6 .333
Southeastern Louisiana 1-3 .250 2-7 .222

So there will be a 4 loss team in the playoffs???

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM
So there will be a 4 loss team in the playoffs???

If not a 5-loss team...

We still got two more weeks!

Last year, happened with Nicholls...

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Apparently SHSU players led the fans and the band in cheers after the game...

That's the way to do it, Kats!

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
At least we let the battle happen during the game this season. :nod:

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
How weird, SFA and SHSU had equal amout of snaps and yardage.