PDA

View Full Version : SHSU's Terry - Chases School Records with 253 Yd Rushing

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM
In tonight's 31-18 loss by SHSU to McNeese, there was one bright spot to note.

DD Terry put together 37 carries for 253 yards, an average of 6.8 yards per carry.

Terry's 37 carries fell two short of the Bearkat record, a mark of 39 carries set by Charles Harris against then Southland Conference foe University of North Texas in 1993

The 253 yards by Terry fell 33 short of the school record set by the then-NAIA Bearkats against the Cardinals of Lamar, when McNeil Moore put 286 yards on the ground in 1951. Terry's mark did set the Kats Div I school record, which was previously held by Curtis Thomas at 218 yards against conference rival SFA in 1990.

Terry did have two touchdowns on the night to reach 10 six-point scores on the season. He now is tied for 6th in Bearkst history for rushing touchdowns in a season. The record is 20, set by Luther Turner in 1987. Turner also occupies second place in the record book with 15 scores in 1985.

buckp
October 28th, 2006, 09:03 PM
In tonight's 31-18 loss by SHSU to McNeese, there was one bright spot to note...

MCNEESE WON!!!!:p ;)

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
MCNEESE WON!!!!:p :nod: ;)

Sure did win...but hey, we got to bring up the bright spots, don't we now?

We'll keep the fact the passing game was 6 of 21 for 88 yds and 1 INT...on the D/L...

buckp
October 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Just gigging you TT....;)

Terry had a great game. :bow:

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Just gigging you TT....;)

Terry had a great game. :bow:

So, where does this put him in the Payton Award talk? I do not think he's among the 'finalists' at this point, but I think the last few performances definitely atleast put him on the Payton Award Watch List...thoughts?

buckp
October 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM
So, where does this put him in the Payton Award talk? I do not think he's among the 'finalists' at this point, but I think the last few performances definitely atleast put him on the Payton Award Watch List...thoughts?

Have to wait and see next Wednesday? :confused:

BEAR
October 28th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Wow! That's a bunch of carries! Great job DD! :hurray:

But I have to ask, just because it was brought up last week when we played you guys. Other SHSU fans said that if DD carried the ball more that SHSU would have won that game last week. That theory was applied this week:eyebrow: ....nope. I guess running DD wouldn't have helped last week either. : smh :

How many TDs did DD have this week?

Congrats McNeese! :hurray:

But what a great game by DDdynamite! :hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
But I have to ask, just because it was brought up last week when we played you guys. Other SHSU fans said that if DD carried the ball more that SHSU would have won that game last week. That theory was applied this week:eyebrow: ....nope. I guess running DD wouldn't have helped last week either. : smh :

I think it would've helped against UCA because we were passing more efficiently and a better running attack would've opened up the passing even more...

We went to DD Terry enough this week, but the passing game was inept...if the Kats complete over half their passes and avoid the turnovers, Kats win this game. Too many turnovers and inept passing...

How many TDs did DD have this week?

Two...

BEAR
October 28th, 2006, 10:04 PM
......you were passing more efficiently last week than this week? :confused: :eyebrow:

must a been a long game this week....xlolx

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
......you were passing more efficiently last week than this week? :confused: :eyebrow:

must a been a long game this week....xlolx

Yep...six of 21 passing (1 INT) this week compared to 22 of 42 last week (3 INTs)...

Kats had turnover bug this week too...three fumbles...one INT...

BEAR
October 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Last week your passing was:

Brett 22-42-3-299

Yeah, you got a ton of yards between the red zones, but it was not effective at all. And you say it was better last week??? huh?xlolx :smiley_wi :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you got a ton of yards between the red zones, but it was not effective at all. And you say it was better last week??? huh?xlolx :smiley_wi :thumbsup:

Definitely doesn't say much now, does it? :splat:

BEAR
October 28th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Darn it TT, You are too fast on the type thing! Ha! :)

BEAR
October 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Did you lose the ball 4 times this week too?

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Did you lose the ball 4 times this week too?

Sure did...three times on the ground and a fourth through the air...

Kats also had one stupid third down penalty (after the play) that led to McNeese keeping the ball and getting a score...so a 'fifth' unofficial one...

BEAR
October 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM
......incredible.....:(

I don't know how many times this year UCA was penalized for not enough men on the line on third down and a yard from the first down marker. I think it was 4 or 5 times vs SHSU. I dont know what hurts more, throwing a Int or giving the other team new life with a knucklehead play after the whistle blows. :bang:

But the good news is...get ready Bearkat faithful...if you don't turn the ball over, the other team can't score off of it....try holding onto the ball SHSU..geez..:bang:

Retro
October 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I guess SHS put too much faith in expecting Bomar to be playing by now, and it ended up hurting them with the recent QB shuffle and performance tonight... The problem with even a succesful running game is that it's going to eat up a lot of clock when your down by 3 scores in the 4th qtr.

Btw, Terror, do you ever go to any Kat games? I never see you traveling even up to lake charles or natitoches, which are pretty short drives.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I guess SHS put too much faith in expecting Bomar to be playing by now, and it ended up hurting them with the recent QB shuffle and performance tonight.

Bah! I think the Kats would've been fine if they stuck with Hicks instead of switch back to Pate. Who needs Bomar? Hicks was fine until they pulled him for Pate this week...we were behind and he got put in a bad situation...

Btw, Terror, do you ever go to any Kat games? I never see you traveling even up to lake charles or natitoches, which are pretty short drives.

The first home game against Ark-Monticello this year was the first home game I had missed since 2001 playoff game against Northern Arizona...

As it relates to travel, I was never able to travel to games due to my work schedule (I had to cover other SHSU events). I did make it to SHSU-Houston and SHSU-Baylor over the years.

This year, I was in Huntsville for SHSU vs Nicholls St (Homecomign) and plan to go to Hammond to see SHSU play SELA. It's tough to even make a trip to Natchitoches or Lake Charles, especially for evening games because both my fiancee and I do work on Sundays. In addition, I do work a few Saturday nights (worked last Saturday night). Wish I could make more games, but the schedule does not allow for it.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Terry's statistics and rankings...

Nationally
11th - DD Terry - Rushing - 125.29 ypg
12th - DD Terry - Scoring - 8.57 ppg
18th - DD Terry - All Purpose Runners - 142.71 ypg

SLC
1st - DD Terry - Rushing - 125.29 ypg
1st - DD Terry - Scoring - 8.57 ppg
2nd - DD Terry - All Purpose Runners - 142.71 ypg

kats89
October 30th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Funny, UCA fans now talking smack.

Our problems are not the players and talent....Our problem is our dumbazz head coach and his INEPT coaching staff. xidiotx

MEMO to SLC....

SHSU will not be a contender until Whitten is gone.:bang: