PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Getting Interesting

letsgopards04
October 28th, 2006, 03:01 PM
With Lafayette finally beating Colgate and Lehigh currently pounding Holy Cross, the 142nd meeting between Lafayette and Lehigh could be for the Patriot League title. If Holy Cross loses to Colgate and Lafayette and Lehigh win their next two, the PL and its auto bid will be decided on the new field turf of the newly renovated Fisher Field.

letsgopards04
October 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I correct myself. Holy Cross needs to lose today and once more for Lafayette Lehigh to decide the league.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Slightly less interesting for about half the league...

LUHawker
October 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
So far, each loss for the PL leaders all came at home. HC upending LC in Easton, LC taking down the Gate in Hamilton and LU beating HC in Worcester. You just don't see that too often.

hawkineer
October 28th, 2006, 06:37 PM
So far, each loss for the PL leaders all came at home. HC upending LC in Easton, LC taking down the Gate in Hamilton and LU beating HC in Worcester. You just don't see that too often.
Let's hope that this trend does not continue next week!:smiley_wi :smiley_wi

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I just really like the fact that my beloved Hawks are in the drivers' seat for the title. Just beat Colgate, just beat Colgate next week and then worry about titles (I'm saying to myself...)

Pard94
October 29th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I'm making the trip down from the Great White North to watch the 142nd meeting. It would be frigging awesome if the title was on the line! Seems like there is usually some share of the title at stake. Can't wait to see the new field. From what I understand they really pulled out all the stops for homecoming this year. I can only imagine they will do all that and more for the first Game in the new digs. Hey all you Mountain Hawks, prepare yourself for multiple replays of "The Hurt" from last years contest up on the jumbotron! I can't wait! GO PARDS!!!

Pards Rule
October 29th, 2006, 07:54 AM
The Hurt put on the hurt up there in Hamilton, NY yesterday! I had a feeling they would upset Colgate!

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2006, 09:11 AM
The Hurt put on the hurt up there in Hamilton, NY yesterday! I had a feeling they would upset Colgate!

Wouldnt really call beating Colgate an upset, but it does feel good to get our first win over Biddle.

Pard94
October 29th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Wouldnt really call beating Colgate an upset, but it does feel good to get our first win over Biddle.

I agree. Clearly we were the better team. Not to say the game wasn't in question going in. I thik the question was were we going to continue to play far below our potential or were we ready to break out and play to the level we are capable. I think if both Lehigh and Lafayette play to their potential for The Game it could be one for the ages.

Go...gate
October 29th, 2006, 01:33 PM
They beat the hell out of us with their running game. No excuses.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM
They beat the hell out of us with their running game. No excuses.

I watched the Colgate-Lafayette game yesterday and i agree that is the recipe to beat Colgate. Colgates DL and OL look very undersized and were getting killed in the trenches all day. With Saraceno out there they really looked like a team of midgets on the fiel. The rain limited any speed advantage Gate would have. Lehigh has a good mix of speed and strength along the lines and at RB. If Lehigh comes out again and plays smart football like they've had the last two weeks i think they'll win, especially at home. It they play like they did against Princeton and Yale then all bets are off. Lehigh is the more solid team at this point in the season.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I agree. Clearly we were the better team. Not to say the game wasn't in question going in. I thik the question was were we going to continue to play far below our potential or were we ready to break out and play to the level we are capable. I think if both Lehigh and Lafayette play to their potential for The Game it could be one for the ages.

True, although I think both 2004 and 2005 were bigger heading into The Game.

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I agree Pard. This year has been disappointing for all PL teams except maybe the Cross, who are doing some surprising this year.