PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Commissioner Viverito shoves her foot in her mouth, again

MplsBison
August 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.inforum.com/content/mvfc-commissioner-viverito-lower-fbs-teams-flux

“The top five FBS conferences are going to dramatically distance themselves from the lower five FBS conferences politically, and I think the divide is sure to grow wider,” Viverito said earlier this week, “to the extent it’s simply not going to be sustainable for many of those programs outside of the top five conferences to maintain what they’re doing.”

“They now have the money to do that, and I think they plan to do it in a big way,” she said, “and I just don’t see how many of those lower-division teams can pick it up. My fear is they’re crazy enough where they might drop football before they drop down.”

First she tried to ridicule Western Kentucky for leaving the Gateway for the Sun Belt and they respond by becoming a successful FBS program.

Now she makes a stupid statement about the future of FBS, which is patently incorrect.

Couple this with her inability to get more MVFC teams in the playoffs (although this is more due to the fact that the league doesn't have enough (weak) teams in the conference, like the Big Sky and CAA model) and it's enough to make me say "take a hike, Patty!"

Bisonoline
August 1st, 2014, 04:35 PM
Really? WKU was the pits when they moved up. They are just now starting to right the ship. As far as the FBS comments what did she say was wrong. Her points have been discussed before on this venue so I cant see how you can just deny it out of hand and It all hasnt played out yet. Plus SHE has no bearing on who gets in to the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
August 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Sometimes I think MplsBison is a schizophrenic LakesBison... they agree with each other more often then either of them like to think.

IBleedYellow
August 1st, 2014, 04:51 PM
The fact he thinks WKU is a successful FBS program is hilarious.

clenz
August 1st, 2014, 04:52 PM
This

citdog
August 1st, 2014, 04:55 PM

the sun bletch is as good as the SEC

darell1976
August 1st, 2014, 05:00 PM

2008 2-10
2009 0-12
2010 2-10
2011 7-5
2012 7-6
2013 8-4

Not a bad climb. No where to go but up.:D

- - - Updated - - -

the sun bletch is as good as the SEC

They have moved on to greener pastures....Conference USA.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 1st, 2014, 05:08 PM
2008 2-10
2009 0-12
2010 2-10
2011 7-5
2012 7-6
2013 8-4

- - - Updated - - -

No, nowhere to go but the artificial ceiling imposed on lower level FBS teams. They went 8-4 last year and no bowl.

No ****ing thank you.

UNIFanSince1983
August 1st, 2014, 05:55 PM
I know they were doing slightly better the previous two years, but they had Bobby Petrino as the coach last year when they had their best season. He's gone now. So...

Lehigh Football Nation
August 1st, 2014, 07:16 PM
to say something that you regret; to say something stupid, insulting, or hurtful.

If you say that Viverito's statement, which isn't very far at all from what many other non-P5 commissioners have said, is "insulting", well, I would think that the members of the wannabe 5 are too sensitive.

JSUBison
August 1st, 2014, 08:07 PM
2008 2-10
2009 0-12
2010 2-10
2011 7-5
2012 7-6
2013 8-4

- - - Updated - - -

What's that break down for OOC victories? Anybody can pick up wins in the Sun Belt...

Bisonator
August 1st, 2014, 08:09 PM
Just another idiotic post from mpls.

clenz
August 1st, 2014, 08:14 PM
What's that break down for OOC victories? Anybody can pick up wins in the Sun Belt...
10 - 0
11 - 0
12 - 2 (2 win Austin Peay State and 2 win Kentucky)
13 - 4 (2 win Kentucky, 5 win Morgan State, Navy, 3 win Army)

darell1976
August 1st, 2014, 08:19 PM

7 OOC wins since 2008.

ValleyTalk
August 2nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
I don't see what the hoopla is all about MPLS. You are clearly overreacting. WKU was miserable until recent years, so I would hardly call them an FBS success.

The point regarding the Big 5 separating from the lower FBS conferences has been discussed by many people and is a real possibility. YSU President Jim Tressel acknowledged this possibility when asked if YSU should pursue the MAC. He said we need to wait 3-5 years to see how the landscape evolves before any decision can be made. I think the MVFC is nearly on par with the MAC anyways.

clenz
August 2nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I don't see what the hoopla is all about MPLS. You are clearly overreacting. WKU was miserable until recent years, so I would hardly call them an FBS success.

The point regarding the Big 5 separating from the lower FBS conferences has been discussed by many people and is a real possibility. YSU President Jim Tressel acknowledged this possibility when asked if YSU should pursue the MAC. He said we need to wait 3-5 years to see how the landscape evolves before any decision can be made. I think the MVFC is nearly on par with the MAC anyways.
What cheatervest said is nearly identical to what UNI AD had said. Giving a window of 2018.....

And UNI is starting a 8 figure capital campaign to renovate the dome