PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto & Pine Sports Network's preseason previews

The Cats
July 31st, 2014, 04:22 PM
P&P Sports Network is doing a series of preseason previews on SoCon & Big South teams.

So far, there has been previews of:

Chattanooga (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/2014/07/28/preseason-preview-chattanooga-mocs/)

Liberty (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/2014/07/30/preseason-football-preview-liberty-flames/)

Western Carolina (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/2014/07/31/preseason-preview-western-carolina-catamounts/)

Continue to follow P&P Sports Network (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/) for more previews.

citdog
August 1st, 2014, 12:04 AM
P&P Sports Network is doing a series of preseason previews on SoCon & Big South teams.

So far, there has been previews of:

Chattanooga (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/2014/07/28/preseason-preview-chattanooga-mocs/)

Liberty (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/2014/07/30/preseason-football-preview-liberty-flames/)

Western Carolina (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/2014/07/31/preseason-preview-western-carolina-catamounts/)

Continue to follow P&P Sports Network (http://palmettoandpinesports.com/) for more previews.

At least two of those teams aren't a national laughing stock.

The Cats
August 1st, 2014, 11:00 AM
At least two of those teams aren't a national laughing stock.

If you want to see a national laughing stock, all you have to do is look in the mirror tonight.

I have no idea why you go out of you way to piss people off, except that you are a total jerk, you and apphole were cut from the same cloth.

citdog
August 1st, 2014, 11:05 AM
If you want to see a national laughing stock, all you have to do is look in the mirror tonight.

What an asshole you are, right up there with apphole.

WCU is among the worst programs in the country. Why do you hate on those who point out your inability to win football games?

The Cats
August 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
I have no idea why you go out of you way to piss people off, except that you are a total jerk, you and apphole were cut from the same cloth.

The Cats
August 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM
I also posted a thread on the CSF board, you better run right over an post some disparaging remarks about WCU there as well.

citdog
August 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM

Perhaps but at least we BEAT them.

The Cats
August 1st, 2014, 11:19 AM
At least you recognize your place in life, to be the AGS Jerk in Residence.

PaladinFan
August 1st, 2014, 11:24 AM
To be fair, he didn't say which two were a laughing stock.

catamount man
August 1st, 2014, 11:26 AM
WCU is among the worst programs in the country. Why do you hate on those who point out your inability to win football games?

Why does a grown man show up to a bar and start bumming drinks off people when he clearly has the ability to pay for them himself? You and Ric Flair have that much in common for sure.

catamount man
August 1st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Perhaps but at least we BEAT them. You beat App twice in what 30 years? So you do have that in common with THE CATS. Keep grasping beer bum!!!

superman7515
August 1st, 2014, 11:35 AM
http://fcdn.roadbikereview.com/attachments/lounge/293574d1395773037-ive-read-lot-threads-here-degenerate-bickering-lighten-up-frances_t268.jpg

citdog
August 1st, 2014, 11:35 AM
Why does a grown man show up to a bar and start bumming drinks off people when he clearly has the ability to pay for them himself? You and Ric Flair have that much in common for sure.

I love riddles!

citdog
August 1st, 2014, 11:37 AM
http://fcdn.roadbikereview.com/attachments/lounge/293574d1395773037-ive-read-lot-threads-here-degenerate-bickering-lighten-up-frances_t268.jpg

WCU is above criticism and I'm a Hebe. Things that everyone ALREADY knew........

catamount man
August 2nd, 2014, 06:38 AM
WCU is not above criticism as we CATS fans have raised the most hell and been very criticial of our own teams to the point that a former CATS message board got shut down back in 2001, so no we know we have sucked for quite a while. It's just hearing it from a fan of another school that has an all time losing record as well makes it hilarious. That's like the turd telling the fart that he stinks. If it comes from App State, and it did throughout the schools history with each other, then okay it has some merit. App dominated WCU and the 59-18-1 record proves it. Citadel leads WCU 22-15-1. Good little lead, but hardly dominant. It's 3-2 the last 5. Again, hardly dominant. We are picked ahead of you this year in the SoCon by both the media and the coaches so what does that tell you.

Again, coming from a Citadel fan, it's laughable.

Smitty
August 2nd, 2014, 07:40 AM
No reason to get upset. Until we prove otherwise we do belong towards the bottom.

We aren't the worst but we are at the bottom (hopefully not too much longer).

Smitty
August 2nd, 2014, 07:42 AM
WCU is above criticism and I'm a Hebe. Things that everyone ALREADY knew........

We probably have taken more criticism than most teams. Besides UTC/Chattown cannot take the criticism

citdog
August 2nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
WCU is not above criticism as we CATS fans have raised the most hell and been very criticial of our own teams to the point that a former CATS message board got shut down back in 2001, so no we know we have sucked for quite a while. It's just hearing it from a fan of another school that has an all time losing record as well makes it hilarious. That's like the turd telling the fart that he stinks. If it comes from App State, and it did throughout the schools history with each other, then okay it has some merit. App dominated WCU and the 59-18-1 record proves it. Citadel leads WCU 22-15-1. Good little lead, but hardly dominant. It's 3-2 the last 5. Again, hardly dominant. We are picked ahead of you this year in the SoCon by both the media and the coaches so what does that tell you.

You are a civilian school that has no excuse but incompetence in the athletic dept for decades to explain why you are what you are. All time records you say? We were playing teams that are now in the SEC and the ACC whilst WCU was Division II so that's not a fair comparison and you know it. Appy st is gone and I understand that this is bad time for y'all as you have no rival. We already have TWO so y'alls attempt to create one with us isn't going to work. The smack coming from a team that has exactly ONE Div I win in recent years is what is LAUGHABLE. What the picks tell me is that the rest of the SoCon and the nation don't know about Mike Houston. We'll see how incorrect they are in week one when we whip coastal.

catamount man
August 2nd, 2014, 11:34 AM
You are a civilian school that has no excuse but incompetence in the athletic dept for decades to explain why you are what you are. All time records you say? We were playing teams that are now in the SEC and the ACC whilst WCU was Division II so that's not a fair comparison and you know it. Appy st is gone and I understand that this is bad time for y'all as you have no rival. We already have TWO so y'alls attempt to create one with us isn't going to work. The smack coming from a team that has exactly ONE Div I win in recent years is what is LAUGHABLE. What the picks tell me is that the rest of the SoCon and the nation don't know about Mike Houston. We'll see how incorrect they are in week one when we whip coastal.

I will have hot sex with Madonna before you guys ever beat Coastal Carolina, much less "whip" them. Coastal will destroy you!

dungeonjoe
August 2nd, 2014, 12:49 PM
I will have hot sex with Madonna before you guys ever beat Coastal Carolina, much less "whip" them. Coastal will destroy you! I am glad you specified hot sex because that will be a good thing as hell will be freezing over at about the time you and Madonna hook up :)

catamount man
August 2nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
I am glad you specified hot sex because that will be a good thing as hell will be freezing over at about the time you and Madonna hook up :)

And that may not be a bad thing considering it's Madonna. LOL!

The Cats
August 2nd, 2014, 04:01 PM
You are a civilian school that has no excuse but incompetence in the athletic dept for decades to explain why you are what you are. .

So, the Citadel's excuse is that it runs an ROTC program? I don't care what extreme you carry it to, it's still an ROTC program.

And by the way, the Citadel is a civilian public school.

Yes you have ROTC, but so does hundreds of other "civilian" colleges and universities.

The Cats
August 2nd, 2014, 04:05 PM

"That's like the turd telling the fart that he stinks." - Wish I had said that.

citdog
August 2nd, 2014, 04:12 PM
So, the Citadel's excuse is that it runs an ROTC program? I don't care what extreme you carry it to, it's still an ROTC program.

And by the way, the Citadel is a civilian public school.

Yes you have ROTC, but so does hundreds of other "civilian" colleges and universities.

Your complete ignorance is showing again. This should clear up any questions you have. You have a history of choosing not to recognize FACTS when they are placed in front of you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senior_Military_College

The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, is a state-supported (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_university), comprehensive college located in Charleston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston,_South_Carolina), South Carolina and was founded in 1842. The Citadel enrolls 2,300 undergraduate cadets in The South Carolina Corps of Cadets and 1,200 civilian students in the evening programs of the Citadel Graduate College which includes a large master's degree program and a small number of students pursuing Bachelors degrees in a 2+2 program in cooperation with Trident Technical College. The Citadel also offers a distance learning on-line graduate degree program. The South Carolina Corps of Cadets is the largest uniformed student body aside from the Federal service academies; with the exception of active duty military students and a small number of veterans all full-time students are members of the Cadet Corps and are required to be enrolled in ROTC; The Citadel is the nations top commissioning source for college ROTC programs and ranks behind only the federal service academies in production of military officers. Active duty Marine and Navy personnel also attend cadet classes as part of the MECEP and STA-21 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STA-21) programs which commissions highly qualified NCOs; the MECEP program originated at The Citadel in 1973.

citdog
August 2nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
I wish my program was as good as The Citadel's.

You'll get there in about 35 years or so.

catamount man
August 2nd, 2014, 09:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Faulkner :D :D :D

citdog
August 2nd, 2014, 10:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Faulkner :D :D :D

. After four hours of the military indoctrination training, she spent the remainder of the first week in the infirmary before voluntarily resigning, citing emotional and psychological abuse and physical exhaustion. After her departure, the male cadets openly celebrated on the campus.

Was quite a happy day!

Bisonoline
August 2nd, 2014, 10:50 PM
. After four hours of the military indoctrination training, she spent the remainder of the first week in the infirmary before voluntarily resigning, citing emotional and psychological abuse and physical exhaustion. After her departure, the male cadets openly celebrated on the campus.

Was quite a happy day!

4 HOURS?????

citdog
August 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM
4 HOURS?????

yep. After costing the State millions to defend her frivolous lawsuit she lasted 4 hours.

Bisonoline
August 2nd, 2014, 11:09 PM
yep. After costing the State millions to defend her frivolous lawsuit she lasted 4 hours.

Then spent a week in the infirmary after only 4 hours? You may find this hard to believe but I am now speechless.

The Cats
August 3rd, 2014, 11:52 AM
Bottom like, the Citadel is a state supported ROTC program. Period.

Dress it up any way you want, the Citadel is not a military academy, you can loosely call it a military college, but not a military academy.

Oh yeah, it's also a state supported college that lets civilians attend, even VMI makes all their students at least attend ROTC.

PS, in the future, I'd look for a more reliable and valid source that Wikipedia in future discussions to make a point. You do realize ANYONE can edit Wikipedia, even VMI students....LOL

citdog
August 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM

Dress it up any way you want, the Citadel is not a military academy, you can loosely call it a military college, but not a military academy.

Oh yeah, it's also a state supported college that lets civilians attend, even VMI makes all their students at least attend ROTC.

PS, in the future, I'd look for a more reliable and valid source that Wikipedia in future discussions to make a point. You do realize ANYONE can edit Wikipedia, even VMI students....LOL

Bottom line The Citadel is the #1 Public College in the South per US News and World Report. Bottom line it's a FAR better school than yours. Bottom line you don't know the difference between a State supported Military College and a federal service academy. Bottom line civilians don't attend day classes only uniformed Cadets and Soldiers and Marines do. Bottom line the EVENING college is for civilians. Bottom line we are located in a large city, not a mountain 'holler', and the evening program serves our community.

Sandlapper Spike
August 3rd, 2014, 01:11 PM

I'm not interested in the smack-talk back-and-forth, but just in case someone reading the thread actually believes this...just, no. The Citadel is NOT "loosely" a military college. It IS a military college.

Incidentally, every member of the corps of cadets takes ROTC. It is required.

DFW HOYA
August 3rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Bottom line The Citadel is the #1 Public College in the South per US News and World Report. Bottom line it's a FAR better school than yours.

This link says it's #4.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/the-citadel-3423

citdog
August 3rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
This link says it's #4.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/the-citadel-3423

For three years in a row The Citadel was #1. Guess they felt we have slipped. Must be the 'coaches poll'. lol

The Cats
August 3rd, 2014, 02:22 PM
I'm not interested in the smack-talk back-and-forth, but just in case someone reading the thread actually believes this...just, no. The Citadel is NOT "loosely" a military college. It IS a military college.

In every college with ROTC, every member of the corps of cadets takes ROTC, it is required.

The Cats
August 3rd, 2014, 02:28 PM

I have no problem with that last statement, as in every college with ROTC, every member of the "corps of cadets" takes ROTC, as it is required.

Sandlapper Spike
August 3rd, 2014, 02:37 PM
I have no problem with that last statement, as in every college with ROTC, every member of the "corps of cadets" takes ROTC, as it is required.

Uh, how many colleges with ROTC do you think have a "corps of cadets"?

citdog
August 3rd, 2014, 03:21 PM

Are you really this stupid?

catamount man
August 3rd, 2014, 05:23 PM
Citadel cadets fired the first shots in the Civil War if memory serves. How'd that work out? :D

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Uh, how many colleges with ROTC do you think have a "corps of cadets"?

3 ???
TX A&M
Citadel
VMI

citdog
August 3rd, 2014, 09:06 PM
Citadel cadets fired the first shots in the Civil War if memory serves. How'd that work out? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK1EOle6OQw

450,000 yankee dead
200,000 Confederate Dead
I think OUR ancestors gave a pretty good account of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

3 ???
TX A&M
Citadel
VMI

VPI
North Georgia
Norwich

The Cats
August 4th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Are you really this stupid?

Not quite as stupid as you, I guess.

Corps of Cadets - the following colleges/universities have a Corps of Cadets:
Texas A&M
Virginia Tech
Norwich
North Georgia College and State University
Cal Maritime
LSU
Mary Baldwin
Purdue
Georgetown
Vanderbelt
Wentworth Military Academy
Valley Forge Military Academy
Marion Military Institute
New Mexico Military Institute
Georgia Military College

just to name a few......

clenz
August 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM
If citdog can't say it...i will

WCU is a joke of a program and is in the bottom 10% of teams for the last decade, at least.

The Cats
August 4th, 2014, 01:16 PM
And you know how much I value your opinion. xlolx

So tell me, when have I or other WCU fans been on here bragging about how well WCU has been in the last decade? I think if you look back over the years, WCU fans have been more critical that others about the status of football for quite a while.

There is however, light at the end of the tunnel, we hope. The football program was improved last season, and hopefully will show improvement this season as well.

I guess to some of you, it's a crime to make statements like that on this board. Rather than offer encouragement, you'd rather continue to belittle a long struggling program. WCU fans are expected to just roll over play dead and accept whatever folks like you dish out.

People like you are one reason you don't get better participation on the AGS poll.

clenz
August 4th, 2014, 01:22 PM

So tell me, when have I or other WCU fans been on here bragging about how well WCU has been in the last decade? I think if you look back over the years, WCU fans have been more critical that others about the status of football for quite a while.

There is however, light at the end of the tunnel, we hope. The football program was improved last season, and hopefully will show improvement this season as well.

I guess to some of you, it's a crime to make that statements like that on this board. Rather than offer encouragement, you'd rather continue to belittle a long struggling program.

People like you are one reason you don't get better participation on the AGS poll.
Oh dear god....you really are a nancy, aren't you?

Sorry Cit...I tried.

I can't deal with the level of nancy in the socon apparently. I'll stick with the MVFC, where at least teams know how to have fun with each other.

The Cats
August 4th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Oh dear god....you really are a nancy, aren't you?

Sorry Cit...I tried.

I can't deal with the level of nancy in the socon apparently. I'll stick with the MVFC, where at least teams know how to have fun with each other.

I'm done here.

I'll leave it to citdog, apphole, & clenz to continue with their "fun".

Teal2018
August 4th, 2014, 01:40 PM

I guess to some of you, it's a crime to make statements like that on this board. Rather than offer encouragement, you'd rather continue to belittle a long struggling program. WCU fans are expected to just roll over play dead and accept whatever folks like you dish out.

Since when was it the job of fans of other teams to feel bad for WCU and offer them words of encouragement?

bjtheflamesfan
August 4th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Wrong thread