PDA

View Full Version : 2014 CAA Predictions!!!!!

jstclmet
July 31st, 2014, 02:22 PM
After looking over every team's schedule, making a few wild guesses, and some clearly bias choices, the following is what I have to offer.

I don't believe any of the teams in the CAA will win their FBS game. I would like to predict Nova going 11 - 0 in FCS competition, but due to injuries, weather, growing pains, I'm going to concede the two road games in Va., and cross my fingers on the road game in Orono. The schedule seems to favor Towson. My CAA bias has the CAA winning all of their non-conference non FBS games, but there are about 10 non conference games that could go against the CAA teams, especially the bottom 4 in my ranking.

Towson ................7 - 1 CAA, 10 - 2 Overall, losing to Nova & WV..
Nova .................6 - 2 CAA, 9 - 3 Overall, losses to Syracuse, W&M & UR.
Richmond .............6 - 2 CAA, 9 - 3 Overall, losses to Va., W&M, & Maine on the road.
Maine ...................6 - 2 CAA, 8 - 3 Overall, losses to BC, Towson, & Nova
UNH .....................6 - 2 CAA, 8 - 3 Overall, all road losses to Toledo, Richmond, & Maine
JMU .....................5 - 3 CAA, 8 - 4 Overall, losses to MD, Nova, TU, & UR.
W&M ....................5 - 3 CAA, 8 - 4 Overall, All road losses to Va. Tech, UNH, JMU, & TU
Delaware ..............3 - 5 CAA, 6 - 6 Overall
Albany ..................1 - 7 CAA, 5 - 7 Overall
Stony Brook ..........1 - 7 CAA, 4 - 8 Overall
Elon .....................1 - 7 CAA, 4 - 8 Overall, 1st CAA Win, 10/18 vs Stony Brook
URI ......................1 - 7 CAA, 4 - 8 Overall

Your thoughts?

Mattymc727
July 31st, 2014, 03:15 PM
I disagree on some of your predictions. I dont see Towson going 7-1 in conference this year, they take a step back. Also, I dont see Maine being 6-2 in conference either, they may fall back farther than Towson does.

Stony Brook is better than 1-7 in CAA play. And lastly, THERE IS NO WAY UNH WILL LOSE TO MAINE!!!!! (Way more likely that UNH will lose to W&M though....)

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2014, 08:53 AM
Delaware is a tough team to gauge. They have some nice players on Offense, a senior QB who played very well at times last year, a WR is Johnson who is apparently under the radar as he was left off the CAA pre-season team, a Big time TE named Boyle, some talented but not tested RB's in Randolph in Hills..... it all comes down to what they can get from the OL.
The D will have to better than last year but Hens fans keeping fingers crossed as most have been very critical of the D coordinator and rightfully so after bombing the last 2 games last year. A big plus will be getting Senior Jake Giusti back healthy this year, Mackell played lights out at times last year, he needs to be healthy and if so .... watch out!

A few transfers can put them in the playoff mix and a few injuries could leave them down near the bottom..... just hard to say with any conviction!

Mr. T, you attending any practices this year? Always interesting to hear your reports.

WestCoastAggie
August 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
I can see a log jam of CAA teams finishing with Conf. Records of 5-3 or 4-4. That could potentially cause the conference to cannibalize themselves and lose out on a play off spot.

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2014, 12:01 PM
I have to believe Nova will take down Syracuse.... at least one CAA beats FBS

Dane96
August 1st, 2014, 02:48 PM
I think UA sneaks out 2 wins in the CAA to go 6-6. A man can dream.

LeadBolt
August 1st, 2014, 04:56 PM
I think it's likely that W&M wins at least 1 of UNH, JMU and TU.

jstclmet
August 3rd, 2014, 05:18 PM
After looking over every team's schedule, making a few wild guesses, and some clearly bias choices, the following is what I have to offer.

I don't believe any of the teams in the CAA will win their FBS game. I would like to predict Nova going 11 - 0 in FCS competition, but due to injuries, weather, growing pains, I'm going to concede the two road games in Va., and cross my fingers on the road game in Orono. The schedule seems to favor Towson. My CAA bias has the CAA winning all of their non-conference non FBS games, but there are about 10 non conference games that could go against the CAA teams, especially the bottom 4 in my ranking.

Richmond .............6 - 2 CAA, 9 - 3 Overall, losses to Va., W&M, & Maine on the road.
UNH .....................6 - 2 CAA, 8 - 3 Overall, all road losses to Toledo, Richmond, & Maine
JMU .....................5 - 3 CAA, 8 - 4 Overall, losses to MD, Nova, TU, & UR.
W&M ....................5 - 3 CAA, 8 - 4 Overall, All road losses to Va. Tech, UNH, JMU, & TU
Elon .....................1 - 7 CAA, 4 - 8 Overall, 1st CAA Win, 10/18 vs Stony Brook

Your thoughts?

An interesting thought....If the top 7 teams above, or any combination of 7 teams in the CAA had 8 - 4 or better records, do you think they would all make the playoffs??

Teal2018
August 3rd, 2014, 06:08 PM
7 seems like far to many from one conference. However they could decide that to make room for more CAA teams they will stop giving the MVFC any at larges ;)

centennial
August 3rd, 2014, 08:06 PM
7 seems like far to many from one conference. However they could decide that to make room for more CAA teams they will stop giving the MVFC any at larges ;)
Salt on the wound. CAA already owns the NCAA selection panel BTW.

paward
August 3rd, 2014, 08:34 PM
As a fan that feels the committee shaft was upon us in 2012, I will swear there is no bias. If we deserve 7 in so be it. With that said I feel UNH, W&M, Nova, Delaware, Towson, Maine and Richmond have a shot to make the dance.

Brad82
August 4th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Rhody must win 3 out of first 5 games to have decent season.
In past years,I said 2-2 or done. They went 1-3 or 0-4 and had terrible years.
Confidence is a big part of this and it only comes with doing.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 4th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Rhody must win 3 out of first 5 games to have decent season.
In past years,I said 2-2 or done. They went 1-3 or 0-4 and had terrible years.
Confidence is a big part of this and it only comes with doing.

I haven't seen their schedule...who do they beat to get to 3-2?

MR. CHICKEN
August 4th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I haven't seen their schedule...who do they beat to get to 3-2?

19385.....BRAWK!

@ MARSHALL
@ FORHAM
ALBANY
@ CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
BROWN
@ 'NOVA
@ RICHMOND
MAINE
@ DELAWARE
NEW HAMPSHIRE
@ STONY BROOK
TOWSON

Brad82
August 4th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Albany,Brown and CCSU. W's
Marshall looks great and Fordham really good.L's.
For Rhody.

wmmii
August 9th, 2014, 11:20 PM

Your thoughts?

I think UNH will go 7-1 with loss to W&M while W&M goes 7-1 with loss to Nova but Nova goes 6-2 losing to UR plus an upset. Towson and Maine lose too plays so they will have 2or 3 losses each with JMU and Delaware both taking some of these wins.

wmmii
August 9th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I disagree on some of your predictions. I dont see Towson going 7-1 in conference this year, they take a step back. Also, I dont see Maine being 6-2 in conference either, they may fall back farther than Towson does.

Stony Brook is better than 1-7 in CAA play. And lastly, THERE IS NO WAY UNH WILL LOSE TO MAINE!!!!! (Way more likely that UNH will lose to W&M though....)

agree on both comments

Sitting Bull
August 10th, 2014, 08:58 AM
W&M only gets two of the bottom four in their schedule, Elon and SBU. I think that will have an impact.

We play all but Maine among the top teams.

BlueHenSinfonian
August 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM

Your thoughts?

Who do you think Delaware loses to to only get to 3-5 CAA?

These are my thoughts:

@JMU - Win
Elon - Win
Towson - Win
@ William and Mary - Loss
Rhody - Win
Albany - Win
UNH - Loss
Villanova - Win

caribbeanhen
August 12th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Who do you think Delaware loses to to only get to 3-5 CAA?

These are my thoughts:

@JMU - Win
Elon - Win
Towson - Win
@ William and Mary - Loss
Rhody - Win
Albany - Win
UNH - Loss
Villanova - Win

You have to understand Mr. T is a bit biased against Delaware

TheDHC
August 13th, 2014, 12:54 AM
I
I BELIEVE
I BELIEVE THAT
I BELIEVE THAT WE
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL GO 6-6

andy7171
August 13th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Salt on the wound. CAA already owns the NCAA selection panel BTW.

Tell that to the 2012 Towson team.