PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh-Holy Cross thread

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Lehigh just returned a fumble 20 yards for a TD to take a 14-0 lead in the muck.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
53 yard TD pass Holy Cross, Lehigh 14 Holy Cross 7 12:00 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Lehigh responds with a TD set up by a big kickoff return, Lehigh 21-7 7:00 2nd.

October 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Lafayette and Colgate are tied at 7 at the half....

kardplayer
October 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
TD Lehigh - 27-7 with the PAT to follow

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Lehigh is killing the Crusaders......Holy Cross's D is either really really bad or the Lehigh OL has finally put it together...

kardplayer
October 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
1:28 to go in the half, and Lehigh is very much in control at 28-7

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM
The game is in a lightning delay with Lehigh leading 28-7. Holy Cross is at the Lehigh 25 with 30 seconds left in the 1st half. Could be a long afternoon.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
They're still going to take a regular halftime after the 30 seconds are played out. To me that's pretty dumb. No lights at Fitton so daylight will become problem.

Fordham
October 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Wow, Lehigh finally puts it all together. Sounds like you guys could be tough if things are finally starting to gel.

Tough one up in Hamilton. Wonder if Laffy will hang on and break at least one curse this year?

Finally, we're playing Bucknell tough today. Marcus Taylor just had a great INT to give us the ball on the Bucknell 35. We're down 6 - 3 and it's mid way through the 4th Q, so we need SOME points on this drive.

Tough, tough, tough

Edit: ARRRRGHHHHHH!!!! We just missed a 45 yd FG with the wind at our back. This sucks.

JRGNYR
October 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM
If this holds up, a major disappointment for HC.

Lafayette just opened up a 23-7 lead on Colgate.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM
About 5 minutes away from play resuming. HC will have the ball at the Lehigh 25 with about 30 second left in the 1st half. This is probabaly the game here if Lehigh can stop 'em.

JRGNYR
October 28th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I'd agree. HC needs a TD to go into the break.

The only thing HC can hope for is there's a tangible change in the momentum due to the extended break. Otherwise it's probably over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Lehigh stops HC at the 7 yard line to end of the half. Teams will take a 3 minute break and play the 2nd. As long as Lehigh doesn't beat themselves this game is over.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Lehigh just got a pick to stop some forward momentum by HC. Getting near the end of the 3rd with Lehigh still in firm control 28-7.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Lehigh still up 28-7 with about 6 minutes left in the game. HC has moved the ball passing but can't run the ball to save their lives.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 03:33 PM
19 yard TD pass HC with about 5 minutes left. Lehigh still up 28-14. HC QB might set a Crusader record for most pass attempts in a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
HC recovered an onside but was offsides and then touched the ball on the next attempt before it went 10 yards. Lehigh didn't do much on offense in the second half but didn't make any mistakes the entire game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Lehigh 28 Holy Cross 14 Final. Lehigh is the only team in the PL that controls their own destiny.

LUHawker
October 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Lehigh played a dominating game today. They contolled the line of scrimmage, played smart in terrible conditions and had a good game plan. HC was trying to play catch up from the get-go. My only mild criticism is that the offensive play-calling got overly conservative in the second half, which allowed HC to put 8 in the box and largely take-away Lehigh's running game, but I think Coen decided that he wouldn't do anything to put the team in jeopardy and he didn't think HC could come back and beat the defense - he was right. Even HC's second touchdown late in the fourth quarter was suspect given an absolutely terrible pass-interference call (the receiver tripped himself up in the mud and they called it against LU). Still it was great to see Lehigh win a mud-bowl game and put up a huge win.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Great win for Lehigh. More info on my blog:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

umassfan
October 28th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Looks like Lehigh now has the inside track to Amherst.

ngineer
October 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
A very solid win in extreme circumstances. Yes, Coen, was conservative in the second half, but considering the comfortable lead and the conditions, I think it was correct. A strong rushing game was what won this game. Working up the food chain. Raiders next :smiley_wi

cosmo here
October 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Lehigh 28 Holy Cross 14 Final. Lehigh is the only team in the PL that controls their own destiny.

I don't know, I would say that Lafayette and Colgate control their own destiny too, with potential wins (or losses) over Lehigh. A Colgate win over Lehigh next week or a Lafayette win in the final game, with the other teams TCB, could create a three teams with one loss scenario. HC is the only team that doesn't, since they have already played Lehigh.

LUHawker
October 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I don't know, I would say that Lafayette and Colgate control their own destiny too, with potential wins (or losses) over Lehigh. A Colgate win over Lehigh next week or a Lafayette win in the final game, with the other teams TCB, could create a three teams with one loss scenario. HC is the only team that doesn't, since they have already played Lehigh.

Come on now Cosmo, I think you're splitting hairs. Yes, if CU and LC and HC win the rest of their games they have a shot at the title, but only Lehigh doesn't have to hope somebody else defeats another PL team in order to get in. This could all change next week, but for now this is the situation.

cosmo here
October 28th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Come on now Cosmo, I think you're splitting hairs. Yes, if CU and LC and HC win the rest of their games they have a shot at the title, but only Lehigh doesn't have to hope somebody else defeats another PL team in order to get in. This could all change next week, but for now this is the situation.

If LC or CU win out, they guarantee themselves a share of the title, which I think is part of "controlling your own destiny". It's too early to shake out the tiebreakers for the automatic bid, but if you're talking about a shot at the title (which I thought you were-the autobid is another story entirely), LC and CU still control their fate.