PDA

View Full Version : the Wedge

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Is the wedge going to be continuing this year?? Also who is the CAA guy, Superman?

clenz
July 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
On that same note...are we still doing the conference dudes?

Did I get voted off?

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2014, 09:32 AM
On that same note...are we still doing the conference dudes?

Did I get voted off?

http://performancesalesandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Weakest-link.jpg

clenz
July 24th, 2014, 09:32 AM
http://performancesalesandtraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Weakest-link.jpg
That's what I was afraid of.

FormerPokeCenter
July 24th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Ursus and Company have something cool in store for the Wedge...

superman7515
July 24th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Is the wedge going to be continuing this year?? Also who is the CAA guy, Superman?

Ursus had expressed previously allowing us to do a CAA only radio show. I was interested, but it was a bit much for me to get up and running on my own with the other stuff I do throughout the week. That being said, if you were so inclined to contribute and would be available to do something like that once a week, that would probably make it a good bit easier to manage. Especially early in the season when there are 12 non-con games, if you wanted to do a quasi-North/South split and you take six and I take six, or something to that effect, I'm sure we could work something out. Of course, that goes for anyone that would be interested in lending a hand with it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2014, 12:03 PM
It is going concern and I will have citdog relay some news later today or tomorrow.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2014, 12:04 PM
That's what I was afraid of.

You're good, just too much on plate right now.

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Ursus had expressed previously allowing us to do a CAA only radio show. I was interested, but it was a bit much for me to get up and running on my own with the other stuff I do throughout the week. That being said, if you were so inclined to contribute and would be available to do something like that once a week, that would probably make it a good bit easier to manage. Especially early in the season when there are 12 non-con games, if you wanted to do a quasi-North/South split and you take six and I take six, or something to that effect, I'm sure we could work something out. Of course, that goes for anyone that would be interested in lending a hand with it.

I would love to help out. I am also really busy, with Boy Scouts, work, firefighting... so a whole conf would be tough too.

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Especially early in the season when there are 12 non-con games, if you wanted to do a quasi-North/South split and you take six and I take six, or something to that effect, I'm sure we could work something out. Of course, that goes for anyone that would be interested in lending a hand with it.

A North South would be a little uneven, unless you wanted me to take the next norther most school Delaware. ;) I guess I could take Villanova instead.

NORTH
N NY UALBANY
N DE DELAWARE
N MA MAINE
N NH NEW HAMPSHIRE
N RI RHODE ISLAND
N NY STONY BROOK
S? PA VILLANOVA

South
S NC ELON
S VA WILLIAM & MARY
S VA JAMES MADISON
S MD TOWSON
S VA RICHMOND

IBleedYellow
July 24th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing some announcements!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2014, 12:34 PM
A North South would be a little uneven, unless you wanted me to take the next norther most school Delaware. ;) I guess I could take Villanova instead.

NORTH
N NY UALBANY
N DE DELAWARE
N MA MAINE
N NH NEW HAMPSHIRE
N RI RHODE ISLAND
N NY STONY BROOK
S? PA VILLANOVA

South
S NC ELON
S VA WILLIAM & MARY
S VA JAMES MADISON
S MD TOWSON
S VA RICHMOND

Our current reporters could give you leg up on how much time is involved, it's not a lot. Guys, I have one hand in a cast at this time so jump in and help the one hand typer please.

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Ursus, I'd love to help out. This fall is going to be super busy for me but I can help out as much as I can with the Big South.

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Our current reporters could give you leg up on how much time is involved, it's not a lot. Guys, I have one hand in a cast at this time so jump in and help the one hand typer please.

Ill help depending on which hand you cant use. xrotatehx

superman7515
July 24th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Ill help depending on which hand you cant use. xrotatehx

It's not a lot of time for The Wedge, I think we had like a three minute run down on the games (down to two minutes once it got down to conference play and there were fewer games). So you just wrote a few snippets on the score and game, recorded your parts, and sent it in.

The part that would be more time consuming is if you wanted to go into a full 15-30 minute show with me. Obviously, we'd be putting in that much time, plus a little more for prep. Not unfeasible, just a matter of choosing a time that works for us and making sure we have everything completed on time each week.

813Jag
July 24th, 2014, 12:54 PM
It's not a lot of time for The Wedge, I think we had like a three minute run down on the games (down to two minutes once it got down to conference play and there were fewer games). So you just wrote a few snippets on the score and game, recorded your parts, and sent it in.

The part that would be more time consuming is if you wanted to go into a full 15-30 minute show with me. Obviously, we'd be putting in that much time, plus a little more for prep. Not unfeasible, just a matter of choosing a time that works for us and making sure we have everything completed on time each week.
you never really realize how much work it is until you do it, for me I kinda burn out after basketball season because I focus on all SWAC sports for my show.

Ursus, if you guys want me to chime in with some SWAC info, I'm down.

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2014, 12:58 PM

I deff could do the snippets, Ill discuss the 15-30 min show. I like that idea just want to make sure I have the time.

citdog
July 24th, 2014, 01:48 PM
you never really realize how much work it is until you do it.

Truer words never have been spoken.

citdog
July 24th, 2014, 02:32 PM

We are no longer doing the 3 minute segments and haven't since the end of the regular season in year one. If y'all are interested in doing a 15 minute CAA segment that would be fine. Please get at me if you are interested.

kdinva
July 24th, 2014, 02:59 PM
We are no longer doing the 3 minute segments and haven't since the end of the regular season in year one. If y'all are interested in doing a 15 minute CAA segment that would be fine. Please get at me if you are interested.

How do they do The Wedge in Boone?

citdog
July 24th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Confirmed Radio Stations Running the FCS Wedge Show for 2014 Football Season.

ESPN Montana 102.9 FM Missoula (Flagship)
Helena, MT ESPN Radio 94.9 FM
Butte, MT ESPN Radio 99.9 FM
Billings, MT ESPN Radio 910 AM
Spokane, WA CBS Sports Radio 1510 AM

Several more in negotiations as we speak. NDSU fans we are trying to bring the show to 740 The Fan in Fargo please give them a call and encourage them to carry the show at (701) 237-5346.

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I can do snippets for the big south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjtheflamesfan
July 24th, 2014, 07:17 PM
That was my thing with stepping away from the Big South show...too much going on...and now with a 1 year old, working on an internet radio show and job searching my time is pretty well spoken for

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 07:19 PM
That was my thing with stepping away from the Big South show...too much going on...and now with a 1 year old, working on an internet radio show and job searching my time is pretty well spoken for

What was the Big South show? I spoke to Ursus this afternoon about doing a Big South segment. However, with a baby due in several weeks, I'll need help in the middle of the season.

You know, that meaty part of the curve.

bjtheflamesfan
July 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
I did the big south segment the first year of the Wedge and that was quite a bit f time I would put in, recording the segments Sunday afternoon, tracking the games Saturdays, tracking the awards, and all the editing...I couldnt work the time out when they announced having separate shows for the conferences

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I did the big south segment the first year of the Wedge and that was quite a bit f time I would put in, recording the segments Sunday afternoon, tracking the games Saturdays, tracking the awards, and all the editing...I couldnt work the time out when they announced having separate shows for the conferences

If you have any tips, advice, resources to use I'd surely appreciate them.

bjtheflamesfan
July 24th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Get a good, almost radio quality mic, get a good audio software (pro Tools, Adobe Audition and Audacity are good options). find a good website for your scores, keep the Big South website on your bookmarks. take your time and write out your script whenever possible. do not be afraid to do two or three takes. follow all the schools on twitter too

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Get a good, almost radio quality mic, get a good audio software (pro Tools, Adobe Audition and Audacity are good options). find a good website for your scores, keep the Big South website on your bookmarks. take your time and write out your script whenever possible. do not be afraid to do two or three takes. follow all the schools on twitter too

Thanks. I've started a script but as I spoke with Ursus this is going to be conversational so I will have my script with key points handy. Thanks!

Are you still doing a show?

bjtheflamesfan
July 24th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks. I've started a script but as I spoke with Ursus this is going to be conversational so I will have my script with key points handy. Thanks!

Are you still doing a show?

I am putting the broadcasting to the side this fall and taking a dive into the coaching ranks starting hopefully this fall

CID1990
July 24th, 2014, 10:48 PM
i thought this thread was about my pecker

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 10:53 PM
i thought this thread was about my pecker

It is. I hijacked it...