PDA

View Full Version : Field conditions in the south and southeast

CSUBUCDAD
October 27th, 2006, 03:50 PM
It has been raining here since early this morning and will rain all night. Field conditions at CSU will not favor a passing game for very long. How are the field conditions where your team is playing.

redspider
October 27th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah it has been raining all day off and on in Richmond as well don't know how that will effect the game tommorow since we have a grass field.

kirkblitz
October 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
its pouring in conway but if it stops by 7am the field will be fine.

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM
When it’s wet, it’s usually the more physical team that wins.

UNHFan99
October 27th, 2006, 06:05 PM
The conditions for UNH vs Hofstra tommorrow are 40 mph winds and showers

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 06:08 PM
The conditions for UNH vs Hofstra tommorrow are 40 mph winds and showers
What's the temp.?

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Warm and dry in the Dome. :D

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 06:21 PM
But cold as a witches titties when you walk outside. I don’t know how you guys live up north.

UAalum72
October 27th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Temp in the 50s in Albany, but heavy rain and 20-30 mph wind will make it miserable whatever the temperature. It'll also probably ruin the grass for the final game in two weeks (even if we don't host the Gridiron Classic Dec. 2)

Ronbo
October 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Missoula 54 and sunny.:D

Block-A
October 27th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Boone, NC:

Saturday

Hi: 47 Lo: 32

Mostly cloudy, decreasing by evening; Occasional light showers or drizzle; Early AM high temp, then falling; NW wind 20-30 mph gusting to 60 mph

appsfan
October 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Here's the Boone forecast for Saturday's 3:30 kick-off:
Cloudy;
Temps 36 to 30 degrees;
NW winds at 20-30 mph, gusting to 50mph;
Wind chills in the 20's;
Chance of drizzle.
According to Ray's Weather.

Ronbo
October 27th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Here's the Boone forecast for Saturday's 3:30 kick-off:
Cloudy;
Temps 36 to 30 degrees;
NW winds at 20-30 mph, gusting to 50mph;
Wind chills in the 20's;
Chance of drizzle.
According to Ray's Weather.

Who does that forecast favor?

FUOneTime
October 27th, 2006, 08:39 PM
We're only a couple of hours from each other so we're not subject to DRASTICALLY different weather, but App St's REALLY in the mountains while Furman's on the foothills. I'd say App will handle the cold and wet better. We haven't played in the rain yet this year as far as I can recall. That and our kicker sucks with no wind. With 20-50 MPH winds... WATCH OUT IN THE STANDS!

If we had a healthy backfield, I'd say this game favored us since we could just run the ball. I think it's just too much for Gibson to try and handle alone. Of course, if we run the whole game, Stepp might cry.

appsfan
October 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I didn't realize how close ASU and Furman are statistically until I looked up some stats to try to see who the rough weather would favor. It looks like a toss up. Bad weather, IMO, normally favors the better rushing team. Here's how they rate:
ASU rushing offense: 214/game,2nd in the SoCon;
Furman rush off: 180/game, 3rd in SoCon.
Here's the rush defense numbers:
ASU allows 114/game, 2nd in SoCon;
Furman allows 111/game, 1st in SoCon.
It looks like this game will turn on who protects the ball better.

GOTOREROS
October 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Missoula 54 and sunny.:D

78 and sunny........:D

ravens
October 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM
But cold as a witches titties when you walk outside. I don’t know how you guys live up north.

They don't come out of the dome until March.:D

ravens
October 27th, 2006, 09:34 PM
. That and our kicker sucks with no wind. With 20-50 MPH winds... WATCH OUT IN THE STANDS!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx with 40 MPH wind those extra points are gimmes !

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 09:38 PM
1pm Charleston, SC
Sunny / Windy
67°F Wind From W 21 mph

fuEMO
October 27th, 2006, 09:57 PM
We're only a couple of hours from each other so we're not subject to DRASTICALLY different weather, but App St's REALLY in the mountains while Furman's on the foothills. I'd say App will handle the cold and wet better. We haven't played in the rain yet this year as far as I can recall. That and our kicker sucks with no wind. With 20-50 MPH winds... WATCH OUT IN THE STANDS!

If we had a healthy backfield, I'd say this game favored us since we could just run the ball. I think it's just too much for Gibson to try and handle alone. Of course, if we run the whole game, Stepp might cry.

Please tell me your not serious? I think it's just too much for Gibson to try and handle alone.

BL has said that Felton won't play. I happen to think that Kendall would start for any SoCon team. APP woul love to have a 220 pound fullback that catch the ball like Kendall. Also it has not been confirmed that LaFrance won't play. I also expect true freshman Mike Brown to dress, I don't thnik there's a snowballs chance in hell they will yank a redshirt off this kid, the coaches want him for 4 years.

As far as running games in cold, wet weather. I'll take our backfield, we can run the I, bring one of three hoss tightends in the backfield, go to the slots, and put two fullbacks in the backfield. Add to the mix a qb bigger than most teams fullback.

UNHFan99
October 28th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Wind gusts of up to 50 mph, but on average 25 to 35 mph. Temp high of 55. and more than 2 inches of rain expected. Its gonna be a sloppy day in Durham.

SuperJon
October 28th, 2006, 07:50 AM
That temperature for Boone reaffirmed in my head why I chose to come to Conway for Liberty's game rather than go visit some friends and go to App/Furman. It's sunny outside right now, not sure how warm/cold because I haven't walked outside yet.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2006, 08:14 AM

It hasn't been that cold yet. Come playoff time it's nasty. I wouldn't mind a little warmer climate. :D

Eaglegus2
October 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Temp for The Citadel v. Georgia Southern game will be in the upper 60's with wind gusts above 25mph in Charleston.

It sounds like The Citadel will have the advantage today running the ball.

McNeese75
October 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Huntsville will be sunny, low 70's with a whopping 2 MPH wind or so :D