PDA

View Full Version : Friday Water Cooler: Holy Cross/Lehigh

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Picks are up. Shocker of the Week: Northeastern over UMass.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2006, 01:01 PM
LFN: Nice writeup on Harvard-Princeton.:nod: At Princeton, the fraternities are called "eating clubs." They have uppercrust names like Cap and Gown, Ivy Club and Tiger Inn. Just thought you should know...:read:

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM
LFN: Nice writeup on Harvard-Princeton.:nod: At Princeton, the fraternities are called "eating clubs." They have uppercrust names like Cap and Gown, Ivy Club and Tiger Inn. Just thought you should know...:read:

Thanks IT, someone wrote me and said the same thing. Never been to an eating club before. They sure looked like fraternities to me... then again, I was on my second mimosa... : retard :

Did you make it to the game? Was sorry I couldn't meet IT in person. :D

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks IT, someone wrote me and said the same thing. Never been to an eating club before. They sure looked like fraternities to me... then again, I was on my second mimosa... : retard :

Did you make it to the game? Was sorry I couldn't meet IT in person. :D

LFN, you're right: they are just glorified frats. My father-in-law was in "the Cap." If you're a member, you can park on the grounds for a big game, and they're all real close to the stadium. I missed the game, but I had a good excuse: our son came home at the last minute for his 5th HS reunion, so I went with him to his school's homecoming game. I hope to go to the Penn game in Philly on 11/11, though.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2006, 01:26 PM
On reflection, I guess that is a good excuse. xlolx Good luck at the Penn game (and, of course, versus Yale :nod: )

Next time, I guess I should EAT at the eating club, huh? xlolx Next time. :nod:

LUHawker
October 27th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I think your commentary captured the essence of the attitudes of the fans on both sides. What is remarkable to me is that HC fans have tremendous confidence after only half a season of success.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Did you read it today? Postpone the game because Holy Cross is a passing team and Lehigh does better in the mud this year??? xlolx xlolx xlolx

First time I've EVER heard that one. Some awful short memories!