PDA

View Full Version : Best FCS tailgating schools

Pages : [1] 2

Teal2018
July 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
A college football game is an all day event and an important part of the day is tailgating. With that said which fcs schools do you guys think have the best tailgating?

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 20th, 2014, 10:36 AM
That I've been to...

1. NDSU
2. Montana
3. Montana State
4. Delaware
5. Yale, i was honestly impressed....

Lehigh holds its own for bigger games...

CID1990
July 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Ive been to a lot of schools and so far i am most impressed with Princeton and App State (after The Citadel, of course)

Bisonoline
July 20th, 2014, 12:13 PM
NDSU
Montana State. Plus their fans are great!
UNI. But all there fans do is bitch about the Hawkeyes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Ive been to a lot of schools and so far i am most impressed with Princeton and App State (after The Citadel, of course)

Princeton is also quite good. It's definitely better than most would imagine.

Whenever you get 10k + people with loads of money at a social event it figures to be relatively fun. Lehigh was ranked in the Top 10 heading into the game at the Yale Bowl. There was about 17k there that day....

centennial
July 20th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Best NDSU, Montana

IBleedYellow
July 20th, 2014, 04:40 PM
When NDSU fans are saying we are the best tailgating... Lol

I've only been to a few other FCS schools for tailgating and I will say I have seen very few custom rigs, which is pretty lame to see.

FormerPokeCenter
July 20th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I'm gonna go straight homer here and put McNeese in the top 3 in the FCS for tailgating. From a food standpoint, the rest of you are playing catch up...

My favorite road trip tailgate was App State.

Georgia Southern and Montana have nice set ups, too...

Southern and Grambling have good tailgating going on...

Sammy94
July 21st, 2014, 07:53 AM
McNeese in the top 3 in the FCS for tailgating.

Far best in the SLC and with the addition of all the church schools, I don't see that changing.

DFW HOYA
July 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
That I've been to...

1. NDSU
2. Montana
3. Montana State
4. Delaware
5. Yale, i was honestly impressed....

Lehigh holds its own for bigger games...

There's a direct proportion between tailgating and available land to do it. Yale's Lot D is enormous, Columbia's Baker Field considerably less so.

And FWIW to Patriot League fans who travel to Washington to see a game (since it won't be on the PL network), Georgetown's last surface parking lot will be closed next month, so don't expect any tailgating. I suppose you can set up camp in the second level of an underground parking garage, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Go Green
July 21st, 2014, 09:32 AM

Definitely great if you know someone at the eating clubs. They usually have nice spreads before the games and the band will stop at a few of them to perform before headed over to the stadium.

Go Green
July 21st, 2014, 09:34 AM
And FWIW to Patriot League fans who travel to Washington to see a game (since it won't be on the PL network), Georgetown's last surface parking lot will be closed next month, so don't expect any tailgating. I suppose you can set up camp in the second level of an underground parking garage, but I wouldn't recommend it.

That sucks--although I understand why it's happening.

Dartmouth visits MSF in 2015. Was looking forward to the tailgating before the game. But at least we have a year to see how the tailgating plays out to plan...

TheRevSFA
July 21st, 2014, 09:39 AM
McNeese is a great tailgate environment. They'll feed you and get you drunk before and after the game, and then talk mad **** to you during it.

PAllen
July 21st, 2014, 09:54 AM
There's a direct proportion between tailgating and available land to do it. Yale's Lot D is enormous, Columbia's Baker Field considerably less so.

Yeah, took my two little ones to their first football game two years ago and their (and my wife's, she went to GW) first tailgating experience was in an underground parking garage. Not exactly thrilling, but at least none of them knew what they were missing.

Sammy94
July 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
McNeese is a great tailgate environment. They'll feed you and get you drunk before and after the game, and then talk mad **** to you during it.

Only one tailgate rivals it in the SLC and that is the Battle of the Piney Woods but that is just one game.

813Jag
July 21st, 2014, 10:30 AM
that's a Louisiana thing, it's what we know xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 21st, 2014, 10:48 AM
that's a Louisiana thing, it's what we know xlolx

Too much shellfish.

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
There's no such thing as too much shellfish...but, on the off chance less enlightened palates happen to find themselves at a Louisiana tailgate, there are other items on the menu. Alligator Sauce Piquante, perhaps? Catfish Courtboullion....Jambalaya....Gumbo (made with andouille sausage and chicken) not to mention things like barbecue.

However, I don't expect anybody from north of the Mason-Dixon line to know much about Barbecue...and, for that matter, our friends to the eastern part of the south don't know much about it, either, slathering it as they do with mustard and God knows what else....

darell1976
July 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
Does anyone (or school) tailgate for sports other than football? You never hear about tailgating for baseball, basketball, etc. Up here it would be interesting to do that during hockey season.

813Jag
July 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM
There's no such thing as too much shellfish...but, on the off chance less enlightened palates happen to find themselves at a Louisiana tailgate, there are other items on the menu. Alligator Sauce Piquante, perhaps? Catfish Courtboullion....Jambalaya....Gumbo (made with andouille sausage and chicken) not to mention things like barbecue.

However, I don't expect anybody from north of the Mason-Dixon line to know much about Barbecue...and, for that matter, our friends to the eastern part of the south don't know much about it, either, slathering it as they do with mustard and God knows what else....
Couldn't have said it better , nobody will ever go hungry

813Jag
July 21st, 2014, 10:58 AM
Does anyone (or school) tailgate for sports other than football? You never hear about tailgating for baseball, basketball, etc. Up here it would be interesting to do that during hockey season.
I've seen tailgates for baseball but not large crowds

BisonBacker
July 21st, 2014, 11:00 AM

Once again in a thread titled "Best FCS(meaning Football Championship Subdivision) you manage to bring up a fringe sport (Hockey) into the conversation. I'd suggest you find a Hockey centric board and discuss all the nuances of Hockey, how fans celebrate it ect. This thread isn't in the topic section "other sports" it's FCS Discussion meaning FOOTBALL! I know you like hockey darrell and that's fine but discuss it on a hockey board if one exists which I'm sure it does.

darell1976
July 21st, 2014, 11:47 AM
I've seen tailgates for baseball but not large crowds

Thanks Jag!!

Panther88
July 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM

At one point, I tailgated during basketball and baseball seasons @ PVAMU. The baseball deal was sort of a warmup for the fall football deal. And, we did basketball because we couldn't let go of the past football season lol. :) Free for all, including the visiting team members (no alcohol - only food and waters/non-alcoholic bevgs :) ).

Also, don't sleep on SHSU's tailgating. I went for the first time last year and I was quite impressed w/ the turnout and the display. Way to put it down, Bearkats.

bluedog
July 21st, 2014, 12:33 PM

xbowxxnodx

bluedog
July 21st, 2014, 12:35 PM
http://youtu.be/YoryLEJfgU0?list=UU_SvOGA8pF-3vPkchPdH4EA

BisonFan02
July 21st, 2014, 02:10 PM
1) NDSU
2) NDSU in Frisco
3) NDSU at BCS schools
4) Montana
5) Rest

:D

WileECoyote06
July 21st, 2014, 03:58 PM

Only SC does that mustard sauce.

TheRevSFA
July 21st, 2014, 04:06 PM

I have to agree with my cousin from across the Sabine: you get plenty of good food in Louisiana, and none of y'all know **** about proper BBQ.

Also agree about the BOTPW being great but sadly it doesn't translate on either side to regular game day tailgating.

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2014, 04:17 PM

Only SC does that mustard sauce.

I included " and God knows what else...." for you folks in North Carolina so you wouldn't feel left out!! ;)

darell1976
July 21st, 2014, 04:18 PM
At one point, I tailgated during basketball and baseball seasons @ PVAMU. The baseball deal was sort of a warmup for the fall football deal. And, we did basketball because we couldn't let go of the past football season lol. :) Free for all, including the visiting team members (no alcohol - only food and waters/non-alcoholic bevgs :) ).

Also, don't sleep on SHSU's tailgating. I went for the first time last year and I was quite impressed w/ the turnout and the display. Way to put it down, Bearkats.

That sounds fun!!

Grizo406
July 21st, 2014, 05:35 PM
In the next few years, I'm REALLY looking forward to visiting NDSU, and McNeese State.

Until I see what those two fine schools have to offer, I don't see anyone beatin' what App State has.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 21st, 2014, 05:41 PM
1) NDSU
2) NDSU in Frisco
3) NDSU at BCS schools
4) Montana
5) Rest

:D

Pretty much this!!

Nothing in the Valley compares to NDSU. Nationally, some other schools might get close...not many, but no other fan base would have 20K in Frisco for the championship game....no other.

Grizcountry420
July 21st, 2014, 05:42 PM
Hands down if you like to tailgate in a cow pasture then Montana St is the place to tailgate.....

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Pretty much this!!

Nothing in the Valley compares to NDSU. Nationally, some other schools might get close...not many, but no other fan base would have 20K in Frisco for the championship game....no other.

I think you'd lose that bet...IF we make it back to the title game while it's in Frisco, I think you'll be shocked at how many people will be rocking blue and gold in Frisco....We have a hard core fan base of about 13 k who show up rain or shine...when we're doing well, that number swells. When we played Tulane in New Orleans, we had twice as many fans as they did in the Dome. When we went to LSU, we took at least 20k, possibly more....at the time, it set a record for the largest crowd in Tiger Stadium history....It's number four, now, I think....

That's why LSU's bringing us back in 2015. We bring enough fans for the game that it costs them nothing....

I don't know that we'll get back to the title game any time soon, BUT...if we did, there would be more than 20k....

Sader87
July 21st, 2014, 05:59 PM
This is always going to be subjective. "Best" how so? Pure numbers of people tailgating? Location? Food/Drink?

Have tailgated at many Ivies ovah the years....all have their collective charms.

Yale as some stated here, has a lot of room and a fun atmosphere. Harvard used to be nice but I think they've cracked down on where you can pahk etc lately....nice walk ovah the bridge to Harhvahd Square post-game though. It's hard to beat the atmosphere at Dartmouth in October. Brown is sort of hit&miss....stadium is sort of jammed into a neighborhood but they have some nice tailgating lots and the East-Side of providence is a fun area. I've only gone to one Princestone game (old Palmah Stadium actually in '88)...beautiful area.

HC is a nice place to tailgate...nice lots near the stadium etc but the school has really cracked down on its policies: no kegs, other restrictions, kicking everybody out shortly after the game etc etc.

I've nevah tailgated at Lehigh, Lafayette in '86...fun setting. Colgate is nice but it's a long haul and usually cold lol. Haven't been to a game at either Fordham or GTown.

One place people should put on their bucket tailgate list is West Point.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
I think you'd lose that bet...IF we make it back to the title game while it's in Frisco, I think you'll be shocked at how many people will be rocking blue and gold in Frisco....We have a hard core fan base of about 13 k who show up rain or shine...when we're doing well, that number swells. When we played Tulane in New Orleans, we had twice as many fans as they did in the Dome. When we went to LSU, we took at least 20k, possibly more....at the time, it set a record for the largest crowd in Tiger Stadium history....It's number four, now, I think....

That's why LSU's bringing us back in 2015. We bring enough fans for the game that it costs them nothing....

I don't know that we'll get back to the title game any time soon, BUT...if we did, there would be more than 20k....

Would McNeese fans travel at least 1000K miles to a championship game?

You would have to go a few hundred to Frisco....that would be like the Bison fans going to Minneapolis. If that was the case there would be over 30K Bison fans there....xnodx

msupokes1
July 21st, 2014, 07:23 PM
I know when we played in Chattanooga we brought 12,000 +. I thought this thread was about tailgating though. Tailgating is more than numbers. It's all about the food, drinks, and music. I know that we got that covered.

Bisonoline
July 21st, 2014, 07:26 PM
I know when we played in Chattanooga we brought 12,000 +. I thought this thread was about tailgating though. Tailgating is more than numbers. It's all about the food, drinks, and music. I know that we got that covered.

Ive got to make one of your games!

heath
July 21st, 2014, 07:33 PM
Allowed to tailgate on the top level of parking garage at Lafayette during recruiting visit vs HC. Towson and Princeton were nice too. When you can park for free,have plenty of room,and do not have pesky security or police harassing the alcohol consumers,one of the best places to tailgate is Goodman Stadium. Great food,plenty of music and adult beverages everywhere. Even go out at half and have some more tailgate, Love those parents tooxnodx

TheRevSFA
July 21st, 2014, 07:41 PM
Would McNeese fans travel at least 1000K miles to a championship game?

You would have to go a few hundred to Frisco....that would be like the Bison fans going to Minneapolis. If that was the case there would be over 30K Bison fans there....xnodx

The difference between NDSU and other FCS schools is that there is nothing ****ing else in North Dakota sportswise and NDSU is literally the only game in town

BisonFan02
July 21st, 2014, 07:46 PM
The difference between NDSU and other FCS schools is that there is nothing ****ing else in North Dakota sportswise and NDSU is literally the only game in town

Exactly....didn't realize we were handicapping the best tailgating thread. :D

TheRevSFA
July 21st, 2014, 07:47 PM

If it involves mcneese it's sandbagging

heath
July 21st, 2014, 07:49 PM
+1 and the sad southern Canadians are totally clueless......no life + one team = ignorant fansxrotatehx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 21st, 2014, 07:50 PM

You're going with this pathetic statement....xbawlingx

There are plenty of sports activities to attend in the great Midwest. Plus, that 30K estimate is probably low if the game was in Minneapolis.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 and the sad southern Canadians are totally clueless......no life + one team = ignorant fansxrotatehx

So says the dumb*ss from where?

msupokes1
July 21st, 2014, 07:53 PM
I thought this thread was about tailgating. Who gives a crap how many fans you would have in Minneapolis. If LSU played in Houston they would have 100,000.just like your post, this has nothing to do with tailgating

SeattleGriz
July 21st, 2014, 07:53 PM
Pretty much this!!

You still think you could bring 20K on six days notice? That plays a big factor in your numbers.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 21st, 2014, 07:59 PM
You still think you could bring 20K on six days notice? That plays a big factor in your numbers.

Ya, that is a good point but I suspect even with only a week notice there still would be a very good turnout even with the 1000K distance.

How would the Griz travel on 6 days notice?

clenz
July 21st, 2014, 08:04 PM
Huge factor.

Much easier to plan a 5 day trip halfway across the country (or further) on 14 days notice for work than 2.

I'm not discounting the way ndsu travels, but to discount the fact that prior to three years ago that's how it worked.

I would bet Montana, Montana State, UNI (yes I'm serious), ASU and GSU, pre move, would all bring numbers very close to ndsus the last couple years.

FormerPokeCenter
July 21st, 2014, 08:24 PM
This is one possible explanation for the great tailgating in Louisiana and other FCS laden states...

The Happiest States have the best tailgating...Dat's cuz we know how to pass a good time, yeah!

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capitolreport/2014/07/18/new-york-city-is-the-most-unhappy-city-in-america/

SeattleGriz
July 21st, 2014, 08:27 PM
Ya, that is a good point but I suspect even with only a week notice there still would be a very good turnout even with the 1000K distance.

How would the Griz travel on 6 days notice?

Don't know, but I do know we have more season ticket holders than can fit into the Fargodome, so I assume it would be pretty good, especially if we got on a three year roll like you guys did.

We used to travel to Chatty pretty well.

GAD
July 21st, 2014, 08:43 PM
Southern University Baton Rouge, LA we are FCSs Undisputed Kings of the parking lot

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2014, 09:03 PM
Don't know, but I do know we have more season ticket holders than can fit into the Fargodome, so I assume it would be pretty good, especially if we got on a three year roll like you guys did.

We used to travel to Chatty pretty well.

On Five or six days we've had something like 10-12K and then a couple of lower in the 8-9K range I think. Bison fans have done well, there is no doubt, but they never had to scramble to put planes together and other arrangements to the E. side in short order so the comparison's aren't equal.

As far as NC games go you've had it real easy in comparison and have set a good number but I wouldn't be so sure you are alone in having rabid fans. We've been doing that for a long time as well.

Nobody tops our tailgating, it may be equaled in some good spots for sure but you ain't beating Montana, that's a fact Jack. I do look forward to taking in NDSU and McNeese very soon for comparative purposes.:D

Grizo406
July 21st, 2014, 09:43 PM
When the Griz play NDSU, and McNeese State, I'll be traveling with ALPHA, Ursus, and hopefully, KNUTS.

KNUTS, and myself will give an unbiased report on the the tailgating scene of both schools.

KNUTS and me are the only ones that are guaranteed to get laid on these two trips, so our report will, more than likely, be spot on!xnodx

Houndawg
July 21st, 2014, 09:57 PM

xrolleyesx

17th St BBQ, Murphysboro, Illinois, 3-time world champion at Memphis. 45 minutes North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Bisonoline
July 21st, 2014, 10:03 PM
xrolleyesx

17th St BBQ, Murphysboro, Illinois, 3-time world champion at Memphis. 45 minutes North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Been there. Not impressed. I can guarantee they wouldnt have won any awards for the stuff the served us. Very disappointed.

Better choice---The Whole Hog Cafe Little Rock AR.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2014, 10:16 PM
When the Griz play NDSU, and McNeese State, I'll be traveling with ALPHA, Ursus, and hopefully, KNUTS.

KNUTS, and myself will give an unbiased report on the the tailgating scene of both schools.

KNUTS and me are the only ones that are guaranteed to get laid on these two trips, so our report will, more than likely, be spot on!xnodx

We all pass you around like a pack of ciggy's in cell block D so you are always sure to be catching Schmizbo406. Didn't know you claimed those as hits but good for you looking for the silver lining and all. Good on ya.

Grizo406
July 21st, 2014, 10:31 PM
We all pass you around like a pack of ciggy's in cell block D so you are always sure to be catching Schmizbo406. Didn't know you claimed those as hits but good for you looking for the silver lining and all. Good on ya.

Although our trips, and what happens on them closely resembles what happens on The Wire, can't you keep quite...even for a minute or two??

I don't have much time left. Let me have my moment in the sun, you selfish dickweed!

IBleedYellow
July 21st, 2014, 11:31 PM
Don't worry Grizo, Ursus, we'll show you guys a great time here.

Looking forward to meeting you assholes.

McNeese72
July 21st, 2014, 11:34 PM
If it involves mcneese it's sandbagging

Our tailgating is just okay. Food can be a little bland. ;)

McNeese72
July 21st, 2014, 11:44 PM
If anybody is bored waiting around for football season, here is a link to a few of my McNeese Tailgating Photos from the 2013 season.

McNeese Tailgating 2013 (http://www.docsshots.com/f1040771112)

Bisonoline
July 22nd, 2014, 12:27 AM
National Championship 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...hip-Three-Peat (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32440-Photos-National-Championship-Three-Peat)

New Hampshire 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...nd-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32304-2013-Semi-Finals-vs-UNH-Tailgate-and-Game-Photos)

Costal Carolina 2013 Playoffs
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...lina-in-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32110-Costal-Carolina-in-Photos)

Furman 2013 – Tailgate 2013 Playoffs
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ailgate-Furman (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31945-The-Zero-Heros-Tailgate-Furman)

Furman 2013 – Gametime 2013 Playoffs
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Furman-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31946-2013-Playoffs-vs-Furman-Photos)

South Dakota 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ay-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31737-USD-Tailgate-and-Senior-Day-Game-Photos)

Northern Iowa 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Panthers-2013 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31350-Photos-Bison-Panthers-2013)

Missouri State 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...os-Bison-Bears (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31437-Photos-Bison-Bears)

SDSU
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Tailgate-Pics (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31274-TOHBTC-Bison-Jacks-Tailgate-Pics)

Delaware State / GAMEDAY
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...son-vs-Hornets (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31213-Photos-GameDay-Tailgating-Bison-vs-Hornets)

Ferris State 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...nd-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31028-NDSU-Ferris-State-Tailgate-and-Game-Photos)

Kansas State 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...nd-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30928-NDSU-KSU-Tailgate-and-Game-Photos)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 22nd, 2014, 12:36 AM
National Championship 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...hip-Three-Peat (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32440-Photos-National-Championship-Three-Peat)

New Hampshire 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...nd-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32304-2013-Semi-Finals-vs-UNH-Tailgate-and-Game-Photos)

Costal Carolina 2013 Playoffs
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...lina-in-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32110-Costal-Carolina-in-Photos)

Furman 2013 – Tailgate 2013 Playoffs
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ailgate-Furman (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31945-The-Zero-Heros-Tailgate-Furman)

Furman 2013 – Gametime 2013 Playoffs
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Furman-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31946-2013-Playoffs-vs-Furman-Photos)

South Dakota 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ay-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31737-USD-Tailgate-and-Senior-Day-Game-Photos)

Northern Iowa 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Panthers-2013 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31350-Photos-Bison-Panthers-2013)

Missouri State 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...os-Bison-Bears (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31437-Photos-Bison-Bears)

SDSU
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Tailgate-Pics (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31274-TOHBTC-Bison-Jacks-Tailgate-Pics)

Delaware State / GAMEDAY
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...son-vs-Hornets (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31213-Photos-GameDay-Tailgating-Bison-vs-Hornets)

Ferris State 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...nd-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31028-NDSU-Ferris-State-Tailgate-and-Game-Photos)

Kansas State 2013
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...nd-Game-Photos (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?30928-NDSU-KSU-Tailgate-and-Game-Photos)

This is all you guys really need to see....
http://i.imgur.com/ljBlCZO.jpg

You're welcome.

Sader87
July 22nd, 2014, 12:39 AM
It is what it is.....the fact remains, NDSU fans are tailgating in parking lots in downtown Fargo for a game played indoors.....not optimal tailgating imo.

citdog
July 22nd, 2014, 12:48 AM
Liberty has the best! No drinkin' PLUS Jesus!

FormerPokeCenter
July 22nd, 2014, 01:01 AM
Well, you never have to worry about running out of wine or loaves and fishes!

citdog
July 22nd, 2014, 01:05 AM
Well, you never have to worry about running out of wine or loaves and fishes!

That was Jewish Jesus. Which is different from falwell Jesus.

Bisonoline
July 22nd, 2014, 01:58 AM
It is what it is.....the fact remains, NDSU fans are tailgating in parking lots in downtown Fargo for a game played indoors.....not optimal tailgating imo.

All of those fans that are down town are there for COLLEGE GAME DAY. Ever hear of it? FYI the tailgate lots are right next to the stadium so it is ideal.

Grizo406
July 22nd, 2014, 02:02 AM
Don't worry Grizo, Ursus, we'll show you guys a great time here.

Looking forward to meeting you assholes.

I've heard nothing but very good things about what NDSU has to offer when it comes to tailgating! And, I'm looking forward to the experience, IBY!xnodxxnodx

You'll be introduced to a new kinda' "asshole" when you meet Ursus & ALPHA for the first time!

PLEASE trust me on this one...xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 22nd, 2014, 06:22 AM

This is funny!

You have no clue.

Gil Dobie
July 22nd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Tailgating is over-rated, and I've been to the best, Lambeau Field. It's a nice little side show before a great football game.

813Jag
July 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
In the next few years, I'm REALLY looking forward to visiting NDSU, and McNeese State.

Until I see what those two fine schools have to offer, I don't see anyone beatin' what App State has.
Since you always keep a fresh pair of Jordans you'll be well taken care of at Southern xlolx

McNeese72
July 22nd, 2014, 07:56 AM
Tailgating is more than numbers. It's all about the food, drinks, and music. I know that we got that covered.

Yep, we got that covered but it may be a little over-hyped. This is all we got:

Food

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2924/14530278807_87d34d8747_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14530278807/)
tbt_football_2009-sfa09tgcook (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14530278807/) by mcneese72 (https://www.flickr.com/people/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Drink

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3871/14736575633_5c9928b9f1_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14736575633/)
jsu_101902_p9 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14736575633/) by mcneese72 (https://www.flickr.com/people/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Music

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/14713574341_b1551edbb6_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14713574341/)
tg_football_slu_2013-14 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14713574341/) by mcneese72 (https://www.flickr.com/people/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Bisonator
July 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM

WTF are you talking about? Our tailgating is right next to the Dome!xconfusedx

You really need to get out to a game before you can make an educated statement about it. Same goes for me and all the other schools venues. From the handful I've experienced I'd put Montana and Montana State next on the list. Hope to get to some more in the next few years.

344Johnson
July 22nd, 2014, 08:20 AM

That fact is news to me.... I'll be honest I have never heard of anyone tailgating in downtown Fargo.

clenz
July 22nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Not handicapping but it plays a big part in growing a great atmosphere.

UNI was mentioned but there was a gripe about it being a bitch fest about Iowa. That's not false. I love the years I've been tailgating at UNI, and I've never had a bad time. There's the student lot, which is a huge party and pretty crazy. There's the PSC lots which are much more laid back and country club. Then there's the free lots south of the dome. Those are a mix of the PSC and students. There's something for everyone. There are only a couple custom rigs, but that plays into fighting with Iowa and Iowa State for tailgaters and fans. Head to Iowa City or Ames some time and check the tailgating out. Iowa City estimates that on top of the the 70,600k in the stadium there is another 70-100K in town just to tailgate and party.

That also leads to a lot of bitching about Iowa. Their fans are obnoxious as hell and find their way into everything somehow. They call it little brother syndrome on our part...we see it as they are just jackasses about everything.

Best tailgate is rather subjective. I hate the drunkfest scene, personally. I'll take a laid back scene every time. I hate massive crowds. Give me a smaller group to tailgate in. Food? There's nothing wrong with some great smoked meat and what not. I'm happy with a couple brats and buffalo chicken dip.

That probably sounds boring as heck to a lot of people, but it's what I enjoy most. Basically, it's like I took my back deck and moved it to the parking lot.

WileECoyote06
July 22nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
Yep, we got that covered but it may be a little over-hyped. This is all we got:

Drink

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3871/14736575633_5c9928b9f1_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14736575633/)
jsu_101902_p9 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/14736575633/) by mcneese72 (https://www.flickr.com/people/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

This made me chuckle. Have they not heard of portable blenders? lol

NoDak 4 Ever
July 22nd, 2014, 09:15 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryangrepper/coolest-cooler-21st-century-cooler-thats-actually

Need one of these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WileECoyote06
July 22nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryangrepper/coolest-cooler-21st-century-cooler-thats-actually

Need one of these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yo, I read about him the other day. He's got his work cut out for him, but um I think I'm going to get one too.

WileECoyote06
July 22nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Tailgating is over-rated, and I've been to the best, Lambeau Field. It's a nice little side show before a great football game.

Tailgating is NEVER over-rated. I'd be hard pressed to believe that Lambeau tailgating is anywhere near the tailgating at the Greatest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Anybody been to both to make a comparison? If Lambeau makes you believe tailgating is overrated, I'm doubting your opinion already.

TransAmBison
July 22nd, 2014, 09:20 AM
Tailgating is over-rated, You might want to make an appt with a dr...you are speaking nonsense... :)

Panther88
July 22nd, 2014, 09:34 AM
That was Jewish Jesus. Which is different from falwell Jesus.

I'm in f'ing tears!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Gil Dobie
July 22nd, 2014, 09:55 AM
You might want to make an appt with a dr...you are speaking nonsense... :)

I don't need a Dr to help me enjoy a good football game. ;)
http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/ProductImagesFull/1246.jpg

clenz
July 22nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Mmm...my groups drink of choice tailgating in college.

Cheap, goes down smooth, and did the job. Multiple bottles were killed each Saturday.

McNeese72
July 22nd, 2014, 10:30 AM

That photo was from back in 2002. So, maybe not. I've captioned this photo before either "Barebones tailgating" or "How not to overload a generator" ;)

marenlee
July 22nd, 2014, 10:50 AM

Am I the only one with a gag reflex thinking about drinking that? ;)

344Johnson
July 22nd, 2014, 11:36 AM
Mmm...my groups drink of choice tailgating in college.

Cheap, goes down smooth, and did the job. Multiple bottles were killed each Saturday.

Give me fireball or the king of liquor..... Jag.

813Jag
July 22nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
xthumbsupx

clenz
July 22nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
I'm not a cinnamon/spicy guy.

Menthal, OTOH, always hits the spot.

The meister is probably my favorite alcohol ever, though

Sadly I don't know of anyone else around here that drinks it. Everyone always gets grossed out when I bring it up.

344Johnson
July 22nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
I'm not a cinnamon/spicy guy.

Menthal, OTOH, always hits the spot.

The meister is probably my favorite alcohol ever, though

Sadly I don't know of anyone else around here that drinks it. Everyone always gets grossed out when I bring it up.

May need to come on down to the UNI game so you can enjoy God's gift to alcohol without being judged.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 22nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
I like beer for it's less concentrated alcoholic nature. I was in Fargo over the weekend and was sitting with some friends at JL Beers when I noticed a curiosity on the beer menu. This thing.

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/d/dc/dc8d4e7e_wild-blue.jpeg

8% ABV and tastes like blueberry juice. You could drink it so quickly that you'd be tits up before you knew it. I quickly switched to Grain Belt.

McNeese72
July 22nd, 2014, 12:22 PM

If you were a McNeese fan saying that it would be considered blasphemy by other McNeese fans. Tailgating is an integral part of the McNeese gameday experience. That's why McNeese fans get upset if a game is moved from a night game to a day game. It cuts into our tailgating time.

Sammy94
July 22nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
If you were a McNeese fan saying that it would be considered blasphemy by other McNeese fans. Tailgating is an integral part of the McNeese gameday experience. That's why McNeese fans get upset if a game is moved from a night game to a day game. It cuts into our tailgating time.

I agree with this. We were on the visitor/student tailgate section during the last game for tailgate and I'm not sure anyone left the student tailgates to go into the game. I also believe quite a few left at halftime to return to tailgating and never made it back to the game.

TheRevSFA
July 22nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
I like beer for it's less concentrated alcoholic nature. I was in Fargo over the weekend and was sitting with some friends at JL Beers when I noticed a curiosity on the beer menu. This thing.

8% ABV and tastes like blueberry juice. You could drink it so quickly that you'd be tits up before you knew it. I quickly switched to Grain Belt.

That **** is awful bro

skinny_uncle
July 22nd, 2014, 01:13 PM

You should try this instead.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 22nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
That **** is awful bro

I wouldn't call it awful, weird was more like it and way too easy to drink for how boozy it was.

Grizcountry420
July 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM

That beer looks like it provides a nasty hangover..

clenz
July 22nd, 2014, 02:52 PM
That **** is awful bro
Most accurate description posted

BisonBacker
July 22nd, 2014, 03:00 PM

My sister in law drinks that crap. I couldn't stand it.

SUPharmacist
July 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
That **** is awful bro

Agreed, but that seems to be the standard for Anheuser-Busch Inbev products. I had it once at Budweiser in St. Louis, had to try the booziest beer they had samples of, never again.

McNeese75
July 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM

I would have to give it a whirl. Abita Strawberry, etc is a big deal down here and it ain't bad for one or two (you just cannot stand to drink a six pack of em)

TheRevSFA
July 22nd, 2014, 03:13 PM
I would have to give it a whirl. Abita Strawberry, etc is a big deal down here and it ain't bad for one or two (you just cannot stand to drink a six pack of em)

There's a brewery in Covington (not Abita) that makes a wicked strawberry one. One of the bars on Royal Street in New Orleans that mixes it with Parish Canebreak (canebrake...whatever). It's a good afternoon sipping beer

McNeese75
July 22nd, 2014, 03:24 PM
There's a brewery in Covington (not Abita) that makes a wicked strawberry one. One of the bars on Royal Street in New Orleans that mixes it with Parish Canebreak (canebrake...whatever). It's a good afternoon sipping beer

Covington Brewhouse and I have tried it as well. Mixing beers is alright, but when they start dropping

in em things go to hell in a hand basket quickly. :D

TheRevSFA
July 22nd, 2014, 03:26 PM
Covington Brewhouse and I have tried it as well. Mixing beers is alright, but when they start dropping

in em things go to hell in a hand basket quickly. :D

Very true. Agree 100 percent

FargoBison
July 22nd, 2014, 05:57 PM

This is tailgating at NDSU my friend....

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/coolness5521/1175206_10152186303988275_129075259_n_zps81ee1fa1. jpg

http://renewnd.areavoices.com/files/2013/09/ndsu-tailgating.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
July 22nd, 2014, 06:12 PM
The funniest part is that he says "The fact remains" before he states a non-fact.

darell1976
July 22nd, 2014, 06:34 PM

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/coolness5521/1175206_10152186303988275_129075259_n_zps81ee1fa1. jpg

Nice pic...I can almost see my house in the trees in the upper right corner of the top pic. :)

IBleedYellow
July 22nd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Notice the student section line of yellow.

McNeese72
July 22nd, 2014, 07:10 PM
Below is a shot of some of McNeese's dinky little Westside Reserved Tailgating Area. There is another dinky little Eastside Reserved Tailgating Area on the other side of Cowboy Stadium. There is also a row of tailgating sports on the North end of Lot A. And there is a waiting list for people trying to rent spots.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s9/v96/p2142364305-4.jpg

Oh, the above shot was taken from the second floor balconey of this (see photos below) which is located conveniently across the street from the Westside Area. We have a tradition in our tailgating spot of going over there an hour or two after we eat lunch.

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s10/v114/p1983585033-4.jpg

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s3/v26/p2078874144-4.jpg

Bison pride
July 22nd, 2014, 07:10 PM
I'm young, but I've been to big 10 & big 12 tailgates and NDSU has to rank up there with them, the amount of time fans put into the event in phenominal

344Johnson
July 22nd, 2014, 09:33 PM
I'm young, but I've been to big 10 & big 12 tailgates and NDSU has to rank up there with them, the amount of time fans put into the event in phenominal

They certainly get more people... I like to think we have good stuff going on. Would love to check out mcneese.... Looks fun

bisonnation
July 23rd, 2014, 12:16 AM

6 days notice for the big dance in 2009 we brought a crowd like this to Minneapolis and we're a football school

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/2009-0320-NCAAs-002-NDSU-KU.jpg/1600px-2009-0320-NCAAs-002-NDSU-KU.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2014, 12:25 AM
6 days notice for the big dance in 2009 we brought a crowd like this to Minneapolis and we're a football school

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/2009-0320-NCAAs-002-NDSU-KU.jpg/1600px-2009-0320-NCAAs-002-NDSU-KU.jpg

Yeah, that's a big trip cross country so it's the same.

Gil Dobie
July 23rd, 2014, 07:32 AM
Yeah, that's a big trip cross country so it's the same.

I had to drive 20 minutes to get there Ursus, versus 3.5 hours to a home game. :)

Houndawg
July 23rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Been there. Not impressed. I can guarantee they wouldnt have won any awards for the stuff the served us. Very disappointed.

Better choice---The Whole Hog Cafe Little Rock AR.

90s were their heyday. I was better than them then, too.

Houndawg
July 23rd, 2014, 07:45 AM

You drink, bro? I didn't know that.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2014, 07:49 AM
You drink, bro? I didn't know that.

As I said, I don't like whisky - that's about it.

Sader87
July 23rd, 2014, 10:07 AM

My initial thought still stands....while NDSU has a great following and a lot of tailgaters, you guys are still tailgating in paved parking lots outside what looks like a huge Wal-Mart.

As I've said, to each his own but I prefer part of the tailgating experience to be on-campus, in a collegiate setting for a game to be played outdoors.

WestCoastAggie
July 23rd, 2014, 10:16 AM
NC A&T, SU and Jackson State should be included on this list.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2014, 10:18 AM
My initial thought still stands....while NDSU has a great following and a lot of tailgaters, you guys are still tailgating in paved parking lots outside what looks like a huge Wal-Mart.

As I've said, to each his own but I prefer part of the tailgating experience to be on-campus, in a collegiate setting for a game to be played outdoors.

That is on campus. Our last home game was played when the temperature was 6 degrees. We tailgated that day and it was great to go inside. That's nearly 20,000 people, not the 6k that go to your games. Call it what you want, but the two programs aren't even on the same level no matter how many cheap shots you take.

Bisonator
July 23rd, 2014, 10:23 AM

Well the FD is on campus in a collegiate setting and not sure what difference an outdoor game has on the tailgating experience. You do know that tailgating happens before the actual game right? But your right to each their own. xlolx

clenz
July 23rd, 2014, 10:25 AM
That is on campus. Our last home game was played when the temperature was 6 degrees. We tailgated that day and it was great to go inside. That's nearly 20,000 people, not the 6k that go to your games. Call it what you want, but the two programs aren't even on the same level no matter how many cheap shots you take.
NDSU wasn't relevant in the D1 world when HC was....30 years ago.

No matter what NDSU does now they will never be as "revered" as HC. That seems to be the theme I've noticed from Sader when it comes to seeing who is "relevant" and who isn't.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2014, 10:29 AM

No matter what NDSU does now they will never be as "revered" as HC. That seems to be the theme I've noticed from Sader when it comes to seeing who is "relevant" and who isn't.

They can all sit in their little "elite" club all they want. They will be DII when the transition hits.

ysubigred
July 23rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Back in the day YSU tailgating was ranked up there xthumbsupx I used to drive 900 miles round trip just for it. Now days (last two times) I went home the same 900 miles it was not worth it. More than half the stadium empty. The folks that did show up sat on their hands. The TG lots were not as full or nearly lively as they once were. xbawlingx

Loved going to Appy State, McNeese and was really treated well at SIU. My near term goal is to get to Fargo xbowx

Greatest Tailgate ever was at the Pittsburgh Penguin Stanley Cup Run in http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23100000/2009-Stanley-Cup-Champions-pittsburgh-penguins-23121363-2560-1920.jpg

Sader87
July 23rd, 2014, 10:53 AM

Not comparing the programs...just the difference in the overall "tailgating experience" between the two schools.

It's just different in the Northeast today. Most colleges in the East are more laid-back in their tailgating at college games. It's more of a family affair, tailgating but also walking around campus, going to the college bookstore etc etc The real hardcore tailgating takes place more at NFL games in the East now.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Not comparing the programs...just the difference in the overall "tailgating experience" between the two schools.

It's just different in the Northeast today. Most colleges in the East are more laid-back in their tailgating at college games. It's more of a family affair, tailgating but also walking around campus, going to the college bookstore etc etc The real hardcore tailgating takes place more at NFL games in the East now.

http://i.imgur.com/36G14Bk.gif

Ivytalk
July 23rd, 2014, 11:09 AM

Whenever you get 10k + people with loads of money at a social event it figures to be relatively fun. Lehigh was ranked in the Top 10 heading into the game at the Yale Bowl. There was about 17k there that day....

Princeton and Yale have the best tailgating in the Ivies. I give the edge to P'ton because the location is more attractive.

clenz
July 23rd, 2014, 11:13 AM

I've been to a NDSU tailgate in Fargo.
I've tailgated with NDSU fans in Cedar Falls

I don't give a damn if HC rolled the Ringling Brothers into town this year along with Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and other popular acts from the last time HC was relevant it wouldn't be even close to part with NDSU tailgating.

It is on campus...the book store is a 10-15 minute walk from the FargoDome...it's less than a mile...ON CAMPUS

Then again, you'd know all of that if you'd get off your high horse long enough to google it

Book store is the NDSU green dot on the map...all of the "tan" color on the map is campus...

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/fargodome_zps5fdff950.jpg

Dear god...I'm defending NDSU AND Fargo in the same thread/post. What in the world is going on here.

BEAR
July 23rd, 2014, 11:51 AM
I've been to several SLC tailgates. Plus some FBS tailgates.

Rank in order of my experience:

1. Louisiana Tech
2. McNeese
3. Ole Miss

Surprised? Ole Miss was large but the interaction was next to nothing.
McNeese and La Tech were very welcoming and loaded with food and fun. La Tech surprised me the most. They have hillsides full of tailgating but rarely get recognition.

344Johnson
July 23rd, 2014, 12:03 PM

I don't give a damn if HC rolled the Ringling Brothers into town this year along with Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and other popular acts from the last time HC was relevant it wouldn't be even close to part with NDSU tailgating.

It is on campus...the book store is a 10-15 minute walk from the FargoDome...it's less than a mile...ON CAMPUS

Then again, you'd know all of that if you'd get off your high horse long enough to google it

Book store is the NDSU green dot on the map...all of the "tan" color on the map is campus...

Dear god...I'm defending NDSU AND Fargo in the same thread/post. What in the world is going on here.

Oh my goodness

Bisonoline
July 23rd, 2014, 12:07 PM

So what you are saying is you dont tailgate.

Gil Dobie
July 23rd, 2014, 12:09 PM

I used to play on-campus, intramural softball on the site that is now the Fargodome.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2014, 12:11 PM
So what you are saying is you dont tailgate.

I'm sure they tailgate in whatever fashion elites do. I mean, they are just above us common people.

FormerPokeCenter
July 23rd, 2014, 12:31 PM
NDSU's got a pretty big tailgating set up, judging on the photos posted above...It's actually bigger than ours....in addition to the two main areas, we've got a lot of people who tailgate where they park, rather than pony up the funds for a dedicated tailgate spot....I imagine lots of people are like that at NDSU and other places, too...

The images are at pretty much the same scale. I made one of them transparent, and then sized them up based on Google Earth's measuring tool applied to the stadiums...

The tailgate areas are in white....NDSU's on the left, McNeese on the right...

Bisonoline
July 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
NDSU's got a pretty big tailgating set up, judging on the photos posted above...It's actually bigger than ours....in addition to the two main areas, we've got a lot of people who tailgate where they park, rather than pony up the funds for a dedicated tailgate spot....I imagine lots of people are like that at NDSU and other places, too...

The images are at pretty much the same scale. I made one of them transparent, and then sized them up based on Google Earth's measuring tool applied to the stadiums...

The lots you have in white are the lots where alcohol is allowed. There is parking and tailgate all around the dome as well but no alcohol is allowed in the lots to the east and south of the dome.

FormerPokeCenter
July 23rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Ah...well....I don't know about Fargo, but in Lake Charles, I think "Tailgating" and "Alcohol" are pretty much synonymous ;)

IBleedYellow
July 23rd, 2014, 01:10 PM
We are a "dry" campus.

The fact they allow us to have booze tailgating is something that we had to fight for, and now the campus is seeing the beauty of it.

Bison56
July 23rd, 2014, 01:24 PM

Call your loved ones, tell them that you love them! This may be the end.

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2014, 01:30 PM

Jay, you forgot that row of tailgate spots next to McNeese street on the north side of Lot A.

pokefan02
July 23rd, 2014, 08:47 PM
Jay also forgot the family tailgate area in the southwest corner of Lot A and the tailgate area next to the practice fields

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2014, 09:40 PM
Jay also forgot the family tailgate area in the southwest corner of Lot A and the tailgate area next to the practice fields

Yeah, I thought about the student tailgate area north of the practice fields but forgot about the Cowboy Corral family tailgate area in Lot A.

FormerPokeCenter
July 23rd, 2014, 09:46 PM
Interesting....that changes things significantly....

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2014, 10:00 PM

They also rent the covered area in the left field corner of the baseball stadium, too.

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2014, 10:23 PM

Jay, I took the detailed parking map from the mcneesesports.com, added some text, and then colored the areas where there are always people tailgating an aqua color. Of course, there are people tailgating out of their vehicles in all the parking lots and I guess you could consider The Frosty Factory on the other side of the street from the Westside Area a tailgating area, too.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3847/14730265615_8072097900_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/orEsLP)Detailed_Parking_Map23 (https://flic.kr/p/orEsLP) by mcneese72 (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

Yote 53
July 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Personally, I can't wait for the NDSU fans to come down to the Dakota Dome for the first time in over a decade (forget the Sioux Falls farce two seasons ago). It was a pretty good time tailgating with the fans that made the trip to USD from Montana last season. Also, last season SDSU came down for the first time in forever, while the tailgating was good the Montana fans were a lot more fun to hang out with. I found myself aggravated with some of the Jack fans, though they did admit tailgating at USD was more fun than in the "Backyard" at SDSU.

I am thinking there will have to be multiple lots opened up for the overflow NDSU crowd to tailgate. I don't have a problem with that at all.

clenz
July 24th, 2014, 09:56 AM
So...to continue defending NDSU...someone stop me at some point.

Tailgating in Cedar Falls should suck too. The UNIDome is on the west side of campus and the book store is OFF CAMPUS to the east.

It's a full half mile walk, but the book store is OFF CAMPUS...THAT MEANS CRAPPY TAILGATING!!!!

General view of the entire campus

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/campus_zpsad67bea1.jpg

Closer view to see the book store and tailgating lots

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/campus2_zps1a087032.jpg

The purple is where all of the tailgating takes place. The north square is the students, the one of the west side is scholarship club members and reserved parking, and the south is the "party" style lot. Free parking and where most people tend to go if they aren't a PSC member. The red is where "on campus" parking is (building lots and what not) and there is a walk way that connects the dome to that side of university ave, no tailgating over there.

However, you can see that the book store is not in the tan color...that means it's OFF CAMPUS!!!!!!!!

The same UNI must feel....to double the shame, the book store isn't even university owned. It's privately owned...Might as well shut the football program down.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10363084_335547383261878_5263532793695170929_n.jpg ?oh=c5b2149703df526c168f635d2724636c&oe=544219C1

NoDak 4 Ever
July 24th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Personally, I can't wait for the NDSU fans to come down to the Dakota Dome for the first time in over a decade (forget the Sioux Falls farce two seasons ago). It was a pretty good time tailgating with the fans that made the trip to USD from Montana last season. Also, last season SDSU came down for the first time in forever, while the tailgating was good the Montana fans were a lot more fun to hang out with. I found myself aggravated with some of the Jack fans, though they did admit tailgating at USD was more fun than in the "Backyard" at SDSU.

I am thinking there will have to be multiple lots opened up for the overflow NDSU crowd to tailgate. I don't have a problem with that at all.

I'm makin the trip up myself! It's actually only a little bit farther for me than them coming from Fargo.

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 05:00 PM

App state, the citadel and JMU have been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WileECoyote06
July 24th, 2014, 08:41 PM
We are a "dry" campus.

The fact they allow us to have booze tailgating is something that we had to fight for, and now the campus is seeing the beauty of it.

So we aren't the only ones? UNC-C fans had me feeling like something was wrong with us. Since the alumni usually tailgate in a different area from the students, they don't really police us very well.

MarkCCU
July 24th, 2014, 10:56 PM
So we aren't the only ones? UNC-C fans had me feeling like something was wrong with us. Since the alumni usually tailgate in a different area from the students, they don't really police us very well.

CSU is a dry campus. In both booze and excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokefan02
July 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM
McNeese's campus is drug and alcohol free , that's why they lease tailgating spots🍻

Sent from my HTC M8

FormerPokeCenter
July 25th, 2014, 12:07 PM
That's a far cry from the early 80's, when the campus was alcohol fueled ;)

BEAR
July 25th, 2014, 11:07 PM
The first two games are heavily attended and tailgated. But most of our tailgaters take their beer to the deer woods come mid October.

McNeese72
July 26th, 2014, 09:32 PM
It's getting closer!! Cowboy Stadium awaits!!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5575/14557291999_2af0acff77_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/obnVK6)cowboystadiumpanorama (https://flic.kr/p/obnVK6) by mcneese72 (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

Doc

WileECoyote06
July 27th, 2014, 06:49 AM
McNeese's campus is drug and alcohol free , that's why they lease tailgating spots

Sent from my HTC M8

We can buy prime spots as well. But if you want to tailgate at random (ie a visitor lot) you're going to have to pay for two parking spaces.

Pard4Life
July 28th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Tailgating at Lehigh on most game days is ok. During Lafayette-Lehigh, it's pretty intense...

Tailgating at Lafayette is mostly confined to the deck and 'lively' for the most part. For the Lehigh game, intensity varies with where one is tailgating...

WestCoastAggie
July 29th, 2014, 07:12 AM
This is NC A&T after our Homecoming Game (#GHOE):

http://igviewer.com/ghoedosanddonts/582638712853169007_539585063

Daytripper
July 29th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Pretty much this!!

And no other school would have fans willing to pay for my season tickets with their Frisco stubhub purchase. You guys do travel well.

WH49er
July 29th, 2014, 02:51 PM

This will definitely discourage the majority of Charlotte fans from tailgating. I know alot of fans already making plans to meet up at bars before the game.

WileECoyote06
July 29th, 2014, 03:20 PM
This will definitely discourage the majority of Charlotte fans from tailgating. I know alot of fans already making plans to meet up at bars before the game.

I appreciate yall having respect for our policies, but trust me; all you need is a red cup. Campus security/police walk by and drive by my tailgate all the time and I have a beer tub out in the open. Open your beer up (bottle or can), pour in a cup, drink and enjoy.

If you do go to a bar, I suggest Tobacco Road Cafe downtown, but be careful on the roads. Fayetteville Street (one of two main roads going to campus) narrows as you approach the campus.

Danco
July 29th, 2014, 05:49 PM
From the schools I have visited - I would rank McNeese State University as the best there is!!! Great Food, Great Fan Base, Friendly, Fun and Family Friendly!!!

Oldschool Colonel
July 29th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Without a doubt Mcneese is the best FCS school I've been to.

FormerPokeCenter
July 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Different areas have different styles....Obviously, I love the tailgating at McNeese...but...I gotta admit....I thoroughly enjoyed the tailgate experience at App State....and, admittedly, all I did was walk around and kinda observe what other people were doing as I strolled through Boone. I didn't actually hang out at any tailgates, but I got a kick out of the converted buses and military vehicles used for tailgating....the environment and scenery at App were way cool....I went hiking and did a little climbing up the side of some rocky hills, explored a waterfall area, had lunch at a cool restaurant in an old building down town and then got to see a great game...hung out at a friend's cabin in the mountains after the game....It was different than tailgating at McNeese...but given the beauty of the surrounding area, that's the way it should be...

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2014, 12:04 AM
URSUS what type of food does your group prefer?
Her are some options,
Crawfish Boudin, Barbacoa--tacos or burritos, gyros, Shrimp Boil, 1/2lb brats, Cajun meat pies, pig wings(pork shanks) either done mexican or BBQ, cajun shrimp tacos or mashaca(barbacoa and mixed in scambled eggs .

There will also be other food as well provided by our group. This is what I will provide. Also need to know a head count.

IBleedYellow
July 30th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Her are some options,
Crawfish Boudin, Barbacoa--tacos or burritos, gyros, Shrimp Boil, 1/2lb brats, Cajun meat pies, pig wings(pork shanks) either done mexican or BBQ, cajun shrimp tacos or mashaca(barbacoa and mixed in scambled eggs .

There will also be other food as well provided by our group. This is what I will provide. Also need to know a head count.

I know for a fact that I will be showing Ursus to the TOHBTC (The Old Horny Bison Tailgate Crew) before the day is over. Pretty sure they'll be going everywhere, though.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2014, 02:22 AM
I know for a fact that I will be showing Ursus to the TOHBTC (The Old Horny Bison Tailgate Crew) before the day is over. Pretty sure they'll be going everywhere, though.

I talked to him along time ago that we would be hosting them at our tailgate and they would set up their.. If those plans have changed fine. But I need to know as far as food goes.

TheRevSFA
July 30th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Her are some options,

I wouldn't trust Yankees to make anything Cajun or anything Mexican correctly....

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Kinda sketchy, eh? I would expect the Cajun and Tex Mex fare to be a little bland in Fargo, dontcha know?

Bisonator
July 30th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't trust Yankees to make anything Cajun or anything Mexican correctly....

Yep, kind of like the "southern speed" thing.xblehx

Sammy94
July 30th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Yep, kind of like the "southern speed" thing.

Ask the Big Sky about that one.

citdog
July 30th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Her are some options,

i'd be GLAD to help out with Lowcountry Boil. I posted the receipt on Bisonville.

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Yep, kind of like the "southern speed" thing.xblehx

Southern Speed is a very real phenomenon...why, down heah, even the offensive linemen are fast! ;)

In this little video, you'll see a southern scatback take a kick, fumble it a little, then use his 10.34 hundred meter speed (4.37 in the 40) to go right up the middle...and you'll see a 4.4 tailback make a couple of blocks and run with him...hell, if you look close, you'll see the third guy down the field, running with them, is an offensive lineman...and you won't see any of the northern kick return team within 10 yards of the returner...

Slow ass yankees!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152321387788406&l=221763596764234828 1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152321387788406&l=2217635967642348281

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Ask the Big Sky about that one.
Ok, since you're asking...it's the most idiotic thing southerner's say.

Trust me, that says something.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Am I invited to this shindig in Fargo?

Don't know if I'll make it, and it's UNI's homecoming...but...

citdog
July 30th, 2014, 12:36 PM
REAL Southern Speed

http://autos.aol.com/article/police-14-illegal-immigrants-fled-suv-during-traffic-stop/

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Yes. I had talked to Cap'n and then later D1B and both expressed interest and mentioned they might go as well...so they are sure not to show up but you could talk to em' in case it maks sense to team up.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 12:45 PM
REAL Southern Speed

http://autos.aol.com/article/police-14-illegal-immigrants-fled-suv-during-traffic-stop/

Might as well keep posting that one I guess...

McNeese72
July 30th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Yall not going to start up that Southern Speed debate thing again? Well, McNeese does't have much speed. "We may be small but we are slow".

Doc

clenz
Yes. I had talked to Cap'n and then later D1B and both expressed interest and mentioned they might go as well...so they are sure not to show up but you could talk to em' in case it maks sense to team up.
I don't know that I, or that car, survive that drive...

Since they said they were thinking about it you know they won't show, and my riding with them surely won't help that cause...l:D

NoDak 4 Ever

I'm definitely coming. Be good to see some of you.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Yall not going to start up that Southern Speed debate thing again? Well, McNeese does't have much speed. "We may be small but we are slow".

Doc
Sure looked that way against UNI last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Urk_VYCnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YxhgvmapJo

citdog
July 30th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'm definitely coming. Be good to see some of you.

Should I book the dome for a friday evening cage match between you and Alpha?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I don't know that I, or that car, survive that drive...

Since they said they were thinking about it you know they won't show, and my riding with them surely won't help that cause...l:D

Exactly, I was gonna say make "fake plans" with them but didn't want it to appear that I was insinuating you were the maker of fake plans.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Exactly, I was gonna say make "fake plans" with them but didn't want it to appear that I was insinuating you were the maker of fake plans.
I'll see if my wife will let me go.

Yeah I said it...and yes, I 100% mean it

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I'll see if my wife will let me go.

Yeah I said it...and yes, I 100% mean it

I don't know how a person could live like that but if you can then more power to ya.

At least you feel an honest sense of shame about it...as you should.:Dxthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Should I book the dome for a friday evening cage match between you and Alpha?

I'm a grown up so I'm disinclined to fight anyone.

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 01:02 PM
So much for your shrill screeching about getting in Alpha's face last week...

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I see fumbles, picks and poorly thrown balls....I don't see any UNI speed advantage...and not much in the way of long plays..

You guys played typical UNI football. Hard nosed and you executed...

We didn't....I still think we're faster, on balance, than UNI was...

Sure looked that way against UNI last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Urk_VYCnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YxhgvmapJo

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Oh...I forgot..

I didn't play D1 ball.

I can't judge what I see with my eyes.

Our WR and CB were out running your guys all day long

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 01:26 PM
So much for your shrill screeching about getting in Alpha's face last week...

I believe he said he'd say something to his face, not get in his face.

It's a bit different.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I see fumbles, picks and poorly thrown balls....I don't see any UNI speed advantage...and not much in the way of long plays..

You guys played typical UNI football. Hard nosed and you executed...

We didn't....I still think we're faster, on balance, than UNI was...
It's odd the things you think even when there is visible evidence that it is not true...and rarely has been over the last 15 or so yrs. in spite of how much the rest of us have to listen to the silly "speed" stammering.

Anyway, I guess we'll just go with the informative bias that suits us as in all other things.xthumbsupx

813Jag
July 30th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I don't know how a person could live like that but if you can then more power to ya.

At least you feel an honest sense of shame about it...as you should.:Dxthumbsupx
It usually happens with out said person realizing it xlolx

813Jag
July 30th, 2014, 01:33 PM
So does anybody tailgate at home when they can't make a game or is that just me? I used to ride to USF games to tailgate but it's too depressing an atmosphere now.

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Oh...I forgot..

I didn't play D1 ball.

I can't judge what I see with my eyes.

Our WR and CB were out running your guys all day long

And Ronoldo Christiano is as fast as Usain Bolt, according to your eyes ;) At this point, I'm not sure I'd put much stock in the opinion of a guy who can't see the difference between guys who run 9.58 and 11.5ish for the 100 meters respectively...

As I recall, you indicated that you felt like Christiano's 6'1", 165lbs and 4.8ish speed in the 40 would earn him some playing time on an US football team.

I gotta ask....besides place kicker, WHERE?? ;)

That has serious hand/eye coordinaton implications. Maybe there's a legitimate REASON you didn't play Division I sports??? ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 01:35 PM

It's a bit different.

Of course. In a civilized society people needn't be afraid of saying things to other people without being assaulted. That being said, I'm hardly afraid of him.

That would be a long way to go to end up in the Cass County Jail.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 01:37 PM
And Ronoldo Christiano is as fast as Usain Bolt, according to your eyes ;) At this point, I'm not sure I'd put much stock in the opinion of a guy who can't see the difference between guys who run 9.58 and 11.5ish for the 100 meters respectively...

As I recall, you indicated that you felt like Christiano's 6'1", 165lbs and 4.8ish speed in the 40 would earn him some playing time on an US football team.

I gotta ask....besides place kicker, WHERE?? ;)

That has serious hand/eye coordinaton implications. Maybe there's a legitimate REASON you didn't play Division I sports??? ;)
Tell me...quote me...where I said he'd earn PT on a US football team.

I was recruited by D1s. I chose to go where I went for reasons I don't need to defend to you. I turned down multiple D2/NAIA scholarships, and a couple number of walk on offers to D1s for non-football reasons

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 01:37 PM

It's a bit different.

Oh, I'm sure there'd be a plaintive whiney recitation of the ways he feels like he's been misundertood and mistreated and that Alpha's been somewhat of an asshole to him....

That's a far cry from the picture he painted in the rant a week or so ago ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 01:54 PM
It usually happens with out said person realizing it xlolx

Dude, I've been in several long term "live in" style relationships and I can assure you if I ever heard a girl say "you ain't doing that" the first thing she would get is a "The Rock" eye and a retort of "WTF did you just say to me?"

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/10/fast-and-furious-6-the-rock-610x362.jpg

It could never happen without one realizing it.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 01:54 PM
GUYS....I'M IN FOR FARGO! SERIOUSLY!

From my wife

me: its'a AGS meet up.
tailgate and go to the North Dakota State/Montana football game

Sara: Ahhh ok. Go for it.

me: seriously?

Sara: But! Please check about cost of staying and how much tickets are.
Yes seriously.

So, who can hook a brotha up?

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 01:56 PM
It's odd the things you think even when there is visible evidence that it is not true...and rarely has been over the last 15 or so yrs. in spite of how much the rest of us have to listen to the silly "speed" stammering.

Anyway, I guess we'll just go with the informative bias that suits us as in all other things.xthumbsupx

There are certain stereotypes that ARE true. For instance, up north, you guys get bigger linemen, across the board. I think it's related to climate and to immigration patterns...

Down here in the south, we typically don't get big offensive or defensive linemen...we're gaining ground on offensive, but you just don't find big defensive linemen down here....

Having speed is great. I'm still of the opinion that - on balance - the SLC has better team speed than the other conferences...But, when we venture outside of the SLC, we're typically not really able to exploit it because our size deficiencies are typically exposed....

Take a gander at the US HS list of top track performances. You don't find ANYBODY north of the Mason Dixon line in the short sprints, and you find exactly FOUR of them when you get up to 400 meters. At the longer distances, you have the northern schools finally starting to turn the tide...and check out the jumps and the vault...it's the same....southern speed...

Now, the weight throws? Different stroy altogether....the big corn fed boys up north start to assert themselves....

But if you REALLY wanna get an idea about the concentration of speed in the south, take a gander at the cluster of southern speed in the two short relays....Nobody besides California is even close...

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/index.php/tafn-lists?list_id=6&sex_id=M&yyear=2014

You can't argue with southern speed. The facts are against you...

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Oh, I'm sure there'd be a plaintive whiney recitation of the ways he feels like he's been misundertood and mistreated and that Alpha's been somewhat of an asshole to him....

That's a far cry from the picture he painted in the rant a week or so ago ;)

Alright man, you've got your axe to grind so I won't keep you from your chosen duties and seeing things as you would like to then.xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 02:01 PM
LOL! I'm an objective observer of human behaviour. I have to be in my line of work ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 02:03 PM
GUYS....I'M IN FOR FARGO! SERIOUSLY!

From my wife

So, who can hook a brotha up?

The ticket will be the hard part.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 02:05 PM
There are certain stereotypes that ARE true. For instance, up north, you guys get bigger linemen, across the board. I think it's related to climate and to immigration patterns...

Down here in the south, we typically don't get big offensive or defensive linemen...we're gaining ground on offensive, but you just don't find big defensive linemen down here....

Having speed is great. I'm still of the opinion that - on balance - the SLC has better team speed than the other conferences...But, when we venture outside of the SLC, we're typically not really able to exploit it because our size deficiencies are typically exposed....

Take a gander at the US HS list of top track performances. You don't find ANYBODY north of the Mason Dixon line in the short sprints, and you find exactly TWO of them when you get up to 400 meters. At the longer distances, you have the northern schools finally starting to turn the tide...and check out the jumps and the vault...it's the same....southern speed...

Now, the weight throws? Different stroy altogether....the big corn fed boys up north start to assert themselves....

But if you REALLY wanna get an idea about the concentration of speed in the south, take a gander at the cluster of southern speed in the two short relays....Nobody besides California is even close...

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/index.php/tafn-lists?list_id=6&sex_id=M&yyear=2014

You can't argue with southern speed. The facts are against you...

I can watch the games and it damn sure can be argued.

We're talking about top level FCS teams lining up here and one teams players going against anothers, not the **** you just cited.

You drop the silly transitional argument and show me some head to head times from team A (south) and team B (north) and this great speed advantage then I'll buy your facts but the crap you cited has little to nothing to do with Southern teams sometimes winning and sometimes getting flat out toasted by northern teams in what looks like speed, but is typically just a missed assignment or slip up on either side.

It's dumb as hell but again, feel free to tout it if you want to.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Yeah...stub hub is not my friend on the ticket side of things.

Maybe I just go sit at BWW and watch the game after tailgating.

- - - Updated - - -

We're talking about top level FCS teams lining up here and one teams players going against anothers, not the **** you just cited.

You drop the silly transitional argument and show me some head to head times from team A (south) and team B (north) and this great speed advantage then I'll buy your facts but the crap you cited has little to nothing to do with Southern teams sometimes winning and sometimes getting flat out toasted by northern teams in what looks like speed, but is typically just a missed assignment or slip up on either side.

Did you play D1 ball?

No?

Then you need to STFU when talking about athletes with FPC.

813Jag
July 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Dude, I've been in several long term "live in" style relationships and I can assure you if I ever heard a girl say "you ain't doing that" the first thing she would get is a "The Rock" eye and a retort of "WTF did you just say to me?"

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/10/fast-and-furious-6-the-rock-610x362.jpg

It could never happen without one realizing it.
Obviously I wasn't talking about you (and I sure wasn't talking about myself) guys like us are a different breed. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 02:14 PM
LOL! I'm an objective observer of human behaviour. I have to be in my line of work ;)

Oh well then it must be me observing incorrectly then even though it was not me that had wording twisted? There was a difference in what you said.

Saying it to Alpha's face means "I'm willing to stick by my guns and not acquiesce to you because you are in front of me".

There is a difference between starting **** and not taking ****. You posed it as the first one which was incorrect.

I don't get paid to observe human behavior but I probably should cuz I can see things fairly clearly. I just do it for free.xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Oh well then it must be me observing incorrectly then even though it was not me that had wording twisted? There was a difference in what you said.

Saying it to Alpha's face means "I'm willing to stick by my guns and not acquiesce to you because you are in front of me".

There is a difference between starting **** and not taking ****. You posed it as the first one which was incorrect.

I don't get paid to observe human behavior but I probably should cuz I can see things fairly clearly. I just do it for free.xthumbsupx

In fact I'd say it in a firm but non-confrontational manner at a reasonable conversational distance. If he chose to make it more of an issue, then that is his shortcoming, not mine.

ursus arctos horribilis
Obviously I wasn't talking about you (and I sure wasn't talking about myself) guys like us are a different breed. xlolx

Holy crap Jag, you had worried a bit there. I was getting ready to pour out some for my lost homey 813Jag.

Damn glad you still got pimpy the hand working.

clenz
So...on topic..

Ursus, can you hook a brother up with a media pass so that he doesn't have to pay $260 to get into the game?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM
So...on topic..

Ursus, can you hook a brother up with a media pass so that he doesn't have to pay $260 to get into the game?

citdog will be doing that and as long as you are doing FCS Wedge broadcast don't see why not but run it by him to work on.

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 02:35 PM

I dunno, Boss. I see a pretty strong correlation between the disparity in the two posts, by the same poster, below and my description....

September 20 you'll have your chance, asshole . I'll say it right to your ****ing face.

In this first one, Alpha mentioned a particularly stupid comment the OP had made and said that he wished somebody would punch the OP in the throat when he said stupid things like that....

Ergo, the "You'll have your chance, asshole" remark....

Contrasted with:

In fact I'd say it in a firm but non-confrontational manner at a reasonable conversational distance. If he chose to make it more of an issue, then that is his shortcoming, not mine.

This second one appears to be kinder and gentler in tone.....I'll get right in your ****ing face vs. non-confrontational manner, at a conversational distance...

Or am I missing something??? ;)

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 02:46 PM

Let's try this another way....what traditionally happens to Montana when they come south in the early part of the year?

Look at 2004...Sam Houston ran you guys outta the stadium in the heat...In the cold, you guys pounded them....Did they suddenly get slower? I don't think so....

I'll have to channel my inner JSO and do some research into FCS football players running the sprints on their track teams....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's more prevalent in the south than the north, but - obviously - I could be wrong...

I tend to discount published 40 times, because of the vagaries of different timing techniques. Posting the HS track and field results simply shows objectively timed performances with speed clustered in the south and events which favor larger athletes clustered in the north...

Maybe doing some statistical research from published combine numbers and seeing which schools have produced the best times as recorded by the NFL scouts is the way to go here....

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Let's try this another way....what traditionally happens to Montana when they come south in the early part of the year?

Look at 2004...Sam Houston ran you guys outta the stadium in the heat...In the cold, you guys pounded them....Did they suddenly get slower? I don't think so....

I'll have to channel my inner JSO and do some research into FCS football players running the sprints on their track teams....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's more prevalent in the south than the north, but - obviously - I could be wrong...

I tend to discount published 40 times, because of the vagaries of different timing techniques. Posting the HS track and field results simply shows objectively timed performances with speed clustered in the south and events which favor larger athletes clustered in the north...

Maybe doing some statistical research from published combine numbers and seeing which schools have produced the best times as recorded by the NFL scouts is the way to go here....
UNI had 3 guys on the football team qualify for nationals in sprints 2 or 3 years ago, and the fastest guy on the team wasn't out for track.

A couple UNI track guys hold conference records in the 60, 60 hurdles and 100

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I dunno, Boss. I see a pretty strong correlation between the disparity in the two posts, by the same poster, below and my description....

In this first one, Alpha mentioned a particularly stupid comment the OP had made and said that he wished somebody would punch the OP in the throat when he said stupid things like that....

Ergo, the "You'll have your chance, asshole" remark....

Contrasted with:

This second one appears to be kinder and gentler in tone.....I'll get right in your ****ing face vs. non-confrontational manner, at a conversational distance...

Or am I missing something??? ;)

Yeah, you're right, I was just being fiesty.

Just the chasing around thing starts to wear on me a bit I guess so I like to take things in a different direction. He said what I had said but said it in the vein you had said.xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Ah, I guess it's helpful when I can read some of FPC's comments, as infrequently as it is.

It's clear that AG1 is looking for a fight. All I meant to imply that I'm not afraid of him. As I said, that's a long way to go to end up in the Cass County Jail.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 03:00 PM

That last line is exactly what I was thinking.

I can see your reasoning for using published HS track times but we'd need to do that with specific palyers on each team etc. is what I was getting at cuz it's not much use otherwise.

Regardless of last post's concession, you ain't getting one here!:D

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Ah, I guess it's helpful when I can read some of FPC's comments, as infrequently as it is.

It's clear that AG1 is looking for a fight. All I meant to imply that I'm not afraid of him. As I said, that's a long way to go to end up in the Cass County Jail.

Yes that was the general feeling I took away when it was put up but the steam behind it was not exactly...docile.

Grizo406
July 30th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Her are some options,

As one of THE most important members of the group that Ursus travels with, I am very fond of country ham!

Other than The Cracker Barrel in Missoula, it isn't that easy to get out here...and that kinda' pisses me off!

Add country ham to your stellar list of options, Bisonoline, and you'll have a new BFF!xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Screw you guys, I'm tired of carrying this thread, I'm going to lunch.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 03:04 PM
So, who's all in for this shindig?

I hadn't paid attention until today.

TheRevSFA
July 30th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Haha. I wish I could attend this game. Cheers to all who make it there

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 03:05 PM
As one of THE most important members of the group that Ursus travels with, I am very fond of country ham!

Other than The Cracker Barrel in Missoula, it isn't that easy to get out here...and that kinda' pisses me off!

Add country ham to your stellar list of options, Bisonoline, and you'll have a new BFF!xnodx

I am going to absolutely beat your ass.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I am going to absolutely beat your ass.
http://backhomeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Fry-TMI.jpg

Either way, I want to watch.

Is that weird?

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Yes that was the general feeling I took away when it was put up but the steam behind it was not exactly...docile.

OK, I'll acquiesce. Most of you seem like really good guys and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

So, who's all in for this shindig?

I hadn't paid attention until today.

I'm making a weekend out of it. Should be fun!

813Jag
July 30th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Screw you guys, I'm tired of carrying this thread, I'm going to lunch.
what's for lunch?

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Will I get my ass beat if I wear a UNI shirt, or do I need to find a neutral black shirt to where?

Sept 20th in Fargo, should have 10 inches of snow on the ground so my long sleeve AGS t should do just fine:D

Grizo406
July 30th, 2014, 03:09 PM
are you

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Will I get my ass beat if I wear a UNI shirt, or do I need to find a neutral black shirt to where?

Sept 20th in Fargo, should have 10 inches of snow on the ground so my long sleeve AGS t should do just fine:D

You will find all welcoming and gracious.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 03:11 PM
You will find all welcoming and gracious.
Just to be safe I'll avoid any purple I have in my closet.

Between my high school football shirts, UNI, and Vikings shirts that eliminates 95% of my closet...

344Johnson
July 30th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Yeah you can come. Bring the trophy with and save money on shipping later on...

NoDak 4 Ever
July 30th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Just to be safe I'll avoid any purple I have in my closet.

Between my high school football shirts, UNI, and Vikings shirts that eliminates 95% of my closet...

it will likely be mistaken for a Vikes shirt so you'll be fine.

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah you can come. Bring the trophy with and save money on shipping later on...
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre_serious_futurama.gif

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 03:14 PM
That last line is exactly what I was thinking.

I can see your reasoning for using published HS track times but we'd need to do that with specific palyers on each team etc. is what I was getting at cuz it's not much use otherwise.

Regardless of last post's concession, you ain't getting one here!:D

Since 2010, the fastest 40 yard dash times by FCSers in the NFL combine have all been in the south....by a fairly wide margin...a tenth of a second, sometimes, two tenths with the fastest kids clocking in the 4.3 range....In 2012, however, the McMillan kid from Maine tied for the fastest 40 yard combine time with a southerner at 4.47, so it was an off year ;)

The following year, a kid from SELA took it back down to 4.39 and this past combine the fastest was 4.42, I think...

The data, as inadequate as it is, is trending for the south ;)

I didn't go any further back than 2010.

Also, it should be noted that the linemen in the combine appear to have all been from the MD line and north...but I might be sketchy on that...I didn't pay close attention as I was scrolling....

TheRevSFA
July 30th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I find it sorely disappointing that grizo eats at Cracker Barrel

TheRevSFA
July 30th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Since 2010, the fastest 40 yard dash times by FCSers in the NFL combine have all been in the south....by a fairly wide margin...a tenth of a second, sometimes, two tenths with the fastest kids clocking in the 4.3 range....In 2012, however, the McMillan kid from Maine tied for the fastest 40 yard combine time with a southerner at 4.47, so it was an off year ;)

The following year, a kid from SELA took it back down to 4.39 and this past combine the fastest was 4.42, I think...

Wait was the kid from SELA Simmie Yarborough? Or was Robert Alford the one? Though Alford was 2014 and I remember Yarborough was pretty damned fast

clenz
July 30th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Also, it should be noted that the linemen in the combine appear to have all been from the MD line and north...but I might be sketchy on that...I didn't pay close attention as I was scrolling....
Let me know when you have a WR run a 4.19

http://www.businessinsider.com/video-suggests-northern-iowa-receiver-did-run-a-419-40-yard-dash-2013-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkYJwD_910

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Wait was the kid from SELA Simmie Yarborough? Or was Robert Alford the one? Though Alford was 2014 and I remember Yarborough was pretty damned fast

The 2013 kid was a corner....Where's Royal when you need him?? He'll be able to tell us all about the kid....

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2014, 03:24 PM
The ticket will be the hard part.

I might be able to hook a bro up......

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 03:24 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/video-suggests-northern-iowa-receiver-did-run-a-419-40-yard-dash-2013-3

Diontae Spencer with a 4.27 and a 40 inch vertical leap..and - more importantly - NO questions about the accuracy of the timing ;)

Quentin Lawrence had a 4.2 a couple of years ago, and Stephen Starring had a 4.2 on grass, in tennis shoes, to go along with his 10.26 time in the 100 meters, his 13.6 in the highs, his 26 foot long jump and his triple jump over 50 feet...and head to head wins over Al Joyner and Darryl Green....

You're gonna have to do better than a sketchy timing outlier ;)

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 03:27 PM

There's no doubt he's fast, but here's back to back 4.3 and 4.32s from your boy....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9105177/terrell-sinkfield-impressive-again-40

msupokes1
July 30th, 2014, 03:35 PM
There's no doubt he's fast, but here's back to back 4.3 and 4.32s from your boy....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9105177/terrell-sinkfield-impressive-again-40

That was his second run. The timers were unsure about it and made him run again and it was a 4.44.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2014, 04:34 PM

I wasn't clear enough. If we could (we can't) get some more complete numbers like we would get from a combine etc. that would be a great way to look at things but we are talking about the ol' "team speed" thing so it does no good to do it with some single times from a certain guy each year whether he be from the N or S.

Until then I'll just watch the game and look at two teams and say either it is or it isn't and since it's about 1/2 and 1/2 it's BS.

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Would you agree that northern climes are more conducive to producing pro caliber offensive linemen?

McNeese72
July 30th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Hey Ursus,

Just watching the game play, Donnie Ashley looked pretty fast at the :17 second mark of this video. ;)

http://youtu.be/xQpT27xZ0eQ

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Kinda sketchy, eh? I would expect the Cajun and Tex Mex fare to be a little bland in Fargo, dontcha know?

I am the cook so that answer would be no. Plus the crawfish bodin,cajun meat pies and andouille sausage all come from LA. I have it shipped to me.
I also have all of the appropriate La crawfish, shrimp and crab boil spices. xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
July 30th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Okay, fair enough! You're in Arkansas, so...that's close enough to get it right! ;)

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2014, 05:28 PM
i'd be GLAD to help out with Lowcountry Boil. I posted the receipt on Bisonville.

Yours is pretty much like mine. I do add fresh whole mushrooms at the end. The shrooms soak up the spices and have a pretty good bite to them. I appreciate the offer.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2014, 05:30 PM

Of course you are.