PDA

View Full Version : Preseason All-SWAC Announced

smallcollegefbfan
July 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM
http://www.swac.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=93263&DB_OEM_ID=27400&ATCLID=209577789

Preseason Offensive Player of the Year: Benjamin Anderson (QB) - Arkansas - Pine Bluff
Preseason Defensive Player of the Year: Kourtney Berry (LB) - Alabama State

2014 Preseason All-SWAC - First Team

FIRST TEAM

OFFENSE

QB

Jerry Lovelocke

Prairie View

RB

Courtney Brown

Prairie View

RB

Malcolm Cyrus

Alabama State

OL

Issac Sampson

Alcorn State

OL

Dillon Bonnet

Prairie View A&M

OL

Johnathan Smith

Jackson State

OL

Jonathan Scott

Alcorn State

OL

Anthony Mosley

Southern

WR

Montarious Smith

Alabama A&M

WR

Willie Quinn

Southern

TE

Jordan Payne

Alcorn State

DEFENSE

DL

Derrick Billups

Alabama State

DL

Amir Bloom

Texas Southern

DL

Javancy Jones

Jackson State

DL

Deion Roberson

Alcorn State

LB

Kourtney Berry

Alabama State

LB

Jerome Howard

Prairie View

LB

Antonio Jenkins

Arkansas Pine Bluff

DB

Avery Boykin

Mississippi Valley State

DB

C.J. Morgan

Alcorn State

DB

Devon Francois

Alcorn State

DB

Brandon Thomas

Texas Southern

SPECIAL TEAMS

K

Haiden McCraney

Alcorn State

P

Cory Carter

Texas Southern

RS

Julian Stafford

Mississippi Valley State

2014 Preseason All-SWAC - Second Team

SECOND TEAM

OFFENSE

QB

Benjamin Anderson

Arkansas Pine Bluff

RB

Rakeem Sims

Jackson State

RB

Lenard Tillery

Southern

OL

Robert Roquemore

Alabama State

OL

Detonio Dade

Alcorn State

OL

Tovar Allen

Alabama State

OL

Zach Brown

Southern

OL

Tre Glover

Prairie View

WR

Julian Stafford

Mississippi Valley State

WR

Tobias Singleton

Jackson State

TE

Natron Brooks

Mississippi Valley State

DEFENSE

DL

Tedderick Terrell

Jackson State

DL

Arthur Miley

Southern

DL

Edward Mosley

Alabama State

DL

Justin Mitchell

Alabama State

LB

Ariane McCree

Jackson State

LB

Daniel Brown

Southern

LB

William Thomas

Alcorn State

DB

Quinton Cantue

Alcorn State

DB

Antonio Sutton

Jackson State

DB

Anthony Williams Jr.

Alcorn State

DB

Tray Walker

Texas Southern

SPECIAL TEAMS

K

Ryan Deising

Jackson State

P

Darcy Williamson

Jackson State

RS

Willie Quinn

Southern

Predicted Order of Finish
East

School

Alabama State

Alcorn State

Jackson State

Mississippi Valley

Alabama A&M

West

School

Southern

Prairie View A&M

Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Texas Southern

Grambling

Panther88
July 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Before anyone piles on, we already noticed that the OPOTY @ QB was also selected as a 2nd team all-SWAC QB.

For McNeese St, Lovelocke has certainly augmented his passing skillset/qb'ing mantra. There's another kid on the roster, who's a sr this fall, who I think is just as capable. Has a nice left-armed cannon for an arm and although he had a few issues w/ his knee in HS and his redshirt frosh year, he can still put it down on the green track pretty well, when required.

Also for McNSt, we thanked NDSU for soundly whipping PVAMU and showing us exactly what a weightroom is to be used for. lol ;)

smallcollegefbfan
July 18th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Before anyone piles on, we already noticed that the OPOTY @ QB was also selected as a 2nd team all-SWAC QB.

For McNeese St, Lovelocke has certainly augmented his passing skillset/qb'ing mantra. There's another kid on the roster, who's a sr this fall, who I think is just as capable. Has a nice left-armed cannon for an arm and although he had a few issues w/ his knee in HS and his redshirt frosh year, he can still put it down on the green track pretty well, when required.

Also for McNSt, we thanked NDSU for soundly whipping PVAMU and showing us exactly what a weightroom is to be used for. lol ;)

How Lovelocke isn't picked ahead of Anderson for anything is beyond me. I'm not saying I agree with this or that Lovelocke is going to be a big time NFL player but I do know you will see his name creep up NFLDraftScout.com, a few other websites, and will be named to the Senior Bowl watch list. There are some people who think he will be a legit prospect. I will hold off on my feelings on him until December once I have seen 2-3 senior game tapes but he is getting looks.

clenz
July 18th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I mean, as long as you're all good with that kind of thing then so be it

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7jq9o9cEV1rq4no1o1_r1_500.gif

Panther88
July 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM
How Lovelocke isn't picked ahead of Anderson for anything is beyond me. I'm not saying I agree with this or that Lovelocke is going to be a big time NFL player but I do know you will see his name creep up NFLDraftScout.com, a few other websites, and will be named to the Senior Bowl watch list. There are some people who think he will be a legit prospect. I will hold off on my feelings on him until December once I have seen 2-3 senior game tapes but he is getting looks.

Allegiance and emotionalism vs pure unbiased intelligence that's prevailent in the SWAC, SCFBF. xsmhx

Lovelocke and Mr Smiley are being tutored by another former QB who did quite well in the SWAC. Orlando's offense seemingly makes it decently easy to do the right thing, in terms of passes, etc. What I think PVAMU lacked(past tense) was the capability to be a true vertical threat instead of the 3-4yd crossing route spread-option offensive team.

The game vs McNeese State University is one that I'm most looking forward to this fall.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, as long as you're all good with that kind of thing then so be it

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7jq9o9cEV1rq4no1o1_r1_500.gif

clenz, speaking for self and self alone, I am NOT okay w/ that. It wreaks up stup.... xsmhx Non-football/athletic types picking. xsmhx

McNeese75
July 18th, 2014, 08:34 PM
88 Your team will NOT be flying under the radar come Sept 13th in Lake Charles :D

Panther88
July 19th, 2014, 12:05 AM
88 Your team will NOT be flying under the radar come Sept 13th in Lake Charles :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Mac75, it's your home opener plus 80-game losing streak PV. Mac has absolutely nothing to fear. Ask NDSU. :D

813Jag
July 19th, 2014, 10:07 AM

I agree Lovelocke should be 1st team QB easily, but this is the same conference that had a player of the year make honorable mention

- - - Updated - - -

the league has had a lovefest for Anderson for the last couple years.

813Jag
July 19th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Allegiance and emotionalism vs pure unbiased intelligence that's prevailent in the SWAC, SCFBF. xsmhx

Lovelocke and Mr Smiley are being tutored by another former QB who did quite well in the SWAC. Orlando's offense seemingly makes it decently easy to do the right thing, in terms of passes, etc. What I think PVAMU lacked(past tense) was the capability to be a true vertical threat instead of the 3-4yd crossing route spread-option offensive team.

The game vs McNeese State University is one that I'm most looking forward to this fall.

- - - Updated - - -

clenz, speaking for self and self alone, I am NOT okay w/ that. It wreaks up stup.... xsmhx Non-football/athletic types picking. xsmhx
throwing vertically has never been Orlando's thing

McNeese75
July 19th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Mac75, it's your home opener plus 80-game losing streak PV. Mac has absolutely nothing to fear. Ask NDSU. :D

Ohhhhhh I was thinking more about SFA xnodx
Fortunately we do not have Harper as a coach

McCowboys
July 19th, 2014, 02:58 PM
From KPLC TV (Lake Charles) sports: http://www.kplctv.com/story/26058759/swac-releases-2014-preseason-all-swac-football-team

Panther88
July 20th, 2014, 11:15 PM
From KPLC TV (Lake Charles) sports: http://www.kplctv.com/story/26058759/swac-releases-2014-preseason-all-swac-football-team

Ummmmmm.... no-pregame scouting McCowboys. :D ;)

McNeese75
July 20th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Tune in to ESPNU at 11:00 AM on September 6th. BUT don't expect the coaches to show much against Nebraska. I am sure they will be playing pretty close to the vest and saving all the good stuff for the 13th. :D

Panther88
July 21st, 2014, 09:59 AM
Tune in to ESPNU at 11:00 AM on September 6th. BUT don't expect the coaches to show much against Nebraska. I am sure they will be playing pretty close to the vest and saving all the good stuff for the 13th. :D

But McN75, why won't the staff attempt to compete 100% and win vs the Cornhusks? :( I thought coaches were being paid great salaries to put forth a great effort to compete and WIN. :( I'm deeply saddened. Maybe we all should put a buzz in the staff's ear that the Cornhusker game is very pivotal to the program and they should pull out ALL stops attempting to garner the victory. We PVAMU people will not be scouting, I mean, watching Mac as you go deep in the playbook and destroy the big red machine in Lincoln. :D

McNeese75
July 21st, 2014, 10:01 AM
But McN75, why won't the staff attempt to compete 100% and win vs the Cornhusks? :( I thought coaches were being paid great salaries to put forth a great effort to compete and WIN. :( I'm deeply saddened. Maybe we all should put a buzz in the staff's ear that the Cornhusker game is very pivotal to the program and they should pull out ALL stops attempting to garner the victory. We PVAMU people will not be scouting, I mean, watching Mac as you go deep in the playbook and destroy the big red machine in Lincoln. :D

xdontknowx I'll pass that along xsmiley_wix

Panther88
July 21st, 2014, 10:04 AM
xdontknowx I'll pass that along xsmiley_wix

Be sure to tell them everything in the offensive and defensive playbook. We're going to beat the living hell out of Nebraska. Go deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in the playbooks lol. :D

McNeese75
July 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM
That will be easy, dive right, dive left, bubble screen right, bubble screen left :D

Panther88
July 21st, 2014, 11:27 AM
That will be easy, dive right, dive left, bubble screen right, bubble screen left :D

Awwwww Mac75... I know there's moe to it than that. Where are the SFA/UCA posters who've seen the offense in motion? And, who's the actual starter @ QB? :D You can tell me, I promise not to tell anyone. :D