PDA

View Full Version : Grambling - A Change of Color for Bayou Classic

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Apparently, Grambling is going with some different colors for the Bayou Classic, to the tune of red and black. Red pants for a school that is black, gold and white? Very intriguing...

From a marketing standpoint, it makes little sense. When your playing such a huge game, especially one on NBC, you should probably stick to your colors because that is your brand, that is your marketing. Why present something that is not consistent with who you are, especially when this is the 'grand-daddy' of all chances to get your school and name out there?

According to SWACPage, despite this deal with Russell Athletics, there are no jerseys available.

http://www.cseextranet.com/buyhbcu/images/BBFbjersey_450.jpg

http://www.cseextranet.com/buyhbcu/index2.html

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2006, 09:34 AM
weird.

walliver
October 27th, 2006, 09:54 AM
With red and black uniforms, will they wear UGA helmets:D

bandl
October 27th, 2006, 09:57 AM
You're not allowed to post about this, TT. You didn't go to Grambling. xidiotx

:nono:

:mad:

:rolleyes:

;)

Dallas Demon
October 27th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I think Grambling has had a touch of red before in their uniforms (trim) if I'm not mistaken.

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I think Grambling has had a touch of red before in their uniforms (trim) if I'm not mistaken.

Panthro stated, "I don't want to be overly quick because GSU did wear some red pants and white jerseys that kinda' looked like that in the early 70s, if I'm not mistaken. "

That was from SWAC Page, so perhaps they've done this before, but regardless, I do not think you do such a change heading into a big game such as this one...

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 10:07 AM
You're not allowed to post about this, TT. You didn't go to Grambling. xidiotx

And because I'm racist...allegedly...

Trust me, I'd do the same for any team. I called into the Houston sports radio show against the Texans wearing Battle Red for their Green Bay Packers ESPN game a few years ago when all these fans wanted it to happen. Why? Same reasons I express criticism for Grambling doing what they are for NBC game against Southern.

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 10:10 AM
:nod: :nod: :nod:

BearsCountry
October 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Gotta love the uniform makers, kind of like making Florida State wear all black uniforms.

jstate83
October 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I'll give them credit....................Uniforms is something they have never had a problem with.:smiley_wi
You need a program just to keep up with what Uniforms they MIGHT wear on any given weekend. xlolx

Mr. Tiger
October 27th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Grambling has had red in their uniforms before so I don't understand the big deal. TT is making issues out of nothing now. xlolx xcoffeex

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I don't have a big problem with having a third uni combo. What is strange to me though is teams completely changing their colors. Doesn't happen in college much, but the Buffalo Sabre who used to be blue and gold went to red and black and now they're back to navy and gold. :rotateh:

I do agree about Florida State. Was there any black in their unis before? :confused:

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Grambling has had red in their uniforms before so I don't understand the big deal. TT is making issues out of nothing now. xlolx xcoffeex

I'm just under the impression to completely change the uniform (have they had red this year?) for a major television game is not a wise move from a marketing standpoint...

Top of mind awareness when you see the gold and black of Grambling does not exist when you see a predominantly red uniform...but hey, what do Reis and Trout know?

A book for all you folks who could use to learn more about marketing...

http://www.bizmord.com/images/Positioningbook.jpg

HIU 93
October 27th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I don't like the red. However, when they had the deal with Nike, they wore red pants and at times red jerseys.

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Is red even one of their official colors? If not, then it is just plain dumb. Not to mention that red does not match yellow and black at all.

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 11:57 AM
http://blackmississippi.com/pics/sports.69.img.jpg

jstate83
October 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Is red even one of their official colors? If not, then it is just plain dumb. Not to mention that red does not match yellow and black at all.

I remember them wearing red a few times in the 90's.
They just brought back something old.:nod:

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I remember one Bayou Classic Grambling changed uniforms 3 times. They wore one set during pregame, changed before the game and changed into the Red jerseys during halftime.

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I remember them wearing red a few times in the 90's.
They just brought back something old.:nod:
Hey 83, not to hijack the thread, but do you like your JSU logo? I'm sorry to say I've never really cared for it. I can't put a finger on what it reminds me of, but I think you've had some better ones over the years when you had white helmets.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_83000/FF_83193_s.jpg

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-42748265068768_1919_19999246

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Guess Grambling is the Oregon of I-AA football

jstate83
October 27th, 2006, 01:33 PM
xlolx
Hey 83, not to hijack the thread, but do you like your JSU logo? I'm sorry to say I've never really cared for it. I can't put a finger on what it reminds me of, but I think you've had some better ones over the years when you had white helmets.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_83000/FF_83193_s.jpg

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-42748265068768_1919_19999246

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
You just made every JSU Supporter around me cuss.......................Not you..........................THOSE 2 HELMENT'S.xlolx

The block JSU letters is the REAL JSU LOGO.
When they changed the helment's to the 2 designs you have pictured, it was like someone came in a kick everybody's mother.

Those helmet's have been the most hated thing's that have ever graced JSU's campus.....................NEXT TO BELL. xlolx xlolx xlolx
Those helmet's were even hated by other SWAC school's. xlolx
It just was not Jackson State.

The day Comegy was hired, at the press conference, President Mason first order of business was to present Comegy with a Blue Football Helment with the Block JSU design on it. The only thing different is the letter's are white instead of red which is ok since we dropped the RED PINSTRIP from our uniforms.

Old school baller's in that room started cheering and damm near crying when he did that.xlolx
It's at Mid-Field at Memorial again also.........................:thumbsup:

Mr. Tiger
October 27th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Some people actually identified Jackson State with the block letters in red. When we took the red out some people wondered why we took out a school color. They were actually amazed that red was never a school color. xlolx

jstate83
October 27th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Some people actually identified Jackson State with the block letters in red. When we took the red out some people wondered why we took out a school color. They were actually amazed that red was never a school color. xlolx

For real.

I got into many argument's about that.
I would tell them the red was only an "outline" for the uni's and a fight would almost break out. :nod:

The red just showed up better on the field under the lights.:thumbsup:

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I guess that answers whether you like it or not. :p How long has the school used the blocks?

jstate83
October 27th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I guess that answers whether you like it or not. :p How long has the school used the blocks?

Since '69 or '70 when we started playing at Memorial.
Before that they were just plain white when we were Jackson State College.

BTW: I HATED THOSE HELMENT's!! xlolx

mikebigg
October 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM

You would think that TT would learn to do a more thorough search of Grambling's history... xcoffeex

mikebigg
October 27th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Guess Grambling is the Oregon of I-AA football

No, we're Grambling!:thumbsup:

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 03:16 PM
No, we're Grambling!:thumbsup:

IDK man, those unis aren't as ugly as Oregon's but close

NYSigma
October 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Where is Machavelli when you need him? I think Grambling has used Red before as a trim as previously mentioned. Nice to change it up once in a while!!

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Where is Machavelli when you need him? I think Grambling has used Red before as a trim as previously mentioned. Nice to change it up once in a while!!

It's not a matter if you "change it up once in awhile"...

Guess many of you just aren't getting at what I'm posting. If you have few chances to get out before the masses, such as is the case with Grambling vs Southern, would you really want to put out a 'message' that is not consistent with your school's message?

Okay, it is jerseys. Fine. But, to me, it's a statement. Why are you going to wear a jersey that is not consistent on the biggest 'stage' in the biggest game? We were taught in marketing (and something that I preach in my current field) that you just don't do this, but hey, "it's Grambling"...:thumbsup:

Retro
October 27th, 2006, 04:22 PM
What happen to grambling changing their "G" logo, especially for their helmet.. They never renewed their trademark for that and haven't made any money from royalties for many years..

http://packers.scout.com/2/383540.html

gram4life
October 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM
What happen to grambling changing their "G" logo, especially for their helmet.. They never renewed their trademark for that and haven't made any money from royalties for many years..

http://packers.scout.com/2/383540.html

According to Grambling records, however, the school only applied for a trademark in 1997 and was turned down because it was too similar to the logos used by the Packers and the University of Georgia.

R.A.
October 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Grambling has had Red in their Unis before. Red is part of Grambling... if the thread creator checked out The Marching Tigers Band Uniforms, or the Tigers' past uniforms, they would have notice that red is also one of Grambling's colors.

And the block JSU IS JSU without a doubt. JSU looked so weird during the Bell/Kent years without the block JSU.

But personally, I think the best Grambling uniforms ever were the all Black ones... the ones with the only yellow being the numbers and the G on the helment. Everything else was all black. Black cleets, black socks, black pants, black jersey(except for the number), black helment (except for the G). Those unis were just so gangsta. I believe these were Gramblings uniforms during the years that Grambling had the QB, who went on to play WR with the Baltimore Ravens... during the Doug Williams years.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team that is even sort of close to those Grambling jerseys, but the NFL isn't about to have them wearing all black, LOL.

Retro
October 27th, 2006, 07:55 PM
According to Grambling records, however, the school only applied for a trademark in 1997 and was turned down because it was too similar to the logos used by the Packers and the University of Georgia.

Right, i should have worded that better.. Anyway for the past 10 years they've probably lost out on a lot of money because of no trademark rights.. Before 1997 it appears they had permission to use it, but doesn't say if they had any enforcable right for the logo'sm use on merchandise either, outside of just the general use of it.. In today's collegiate climate, it's very important to have a fully licensed and protected logo to bring in that revenue..

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Grambling has had Red in their Unis before. Red is part of Grambling... if the thread creator checked out The Marching Tigers Band Uniforms, or the Tigers' past uniforms, they would have notice that red is also one of Grambling's colors.

You don't see the point either...xcoffeex

It'd be like if Kinky Friedman always wore the same outfit (cowboy hat, vest, etc) to campaign outing and then for the televised debate, which would be viewed by millions of people, his once chance out in the public, he wore a suit and tie...

Grambling goes the customary black and gold combination when they're seen beating Concordia 82-7 infront of just short of 6000 fans in 2005 or infront of just a shade under 50,000 against PVA&M in the Cotton Bowl. Why change things on the big stage, when your making your biggest 'pitch' of the year?

Are the St Louis Cardinals going to bust out new uniforms solely for the World Series? Is 'Announcer Doe' going to change his famous catchphrase when instead of doing a local broadcast, he is doing a national broadcast?

Just do not see how hard it is to comprehend what I am trying to say...:twocents:

GAD
October 27th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Red has been a part of the G mens uniforms for a long time under Eddie Robinson, but when Doug Williams took over the program he ended that and went only with the offical school colors black & gold he also eliminated all the stripes from there unis.

Grambling has worn all red uniforms (jerseys & pants) before in the Bayou Classic in '95 I think
so red is something old not something new

GAD
October 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
If it was not '95 it was the year Jermain Sharpe (SU) and Jay Johnston (GSU) two former LSU players both played in the game

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Red has been a fixture in the school colors for Grambling as long as Eddie Robinson was coach. The same can be said about Jackson State.

Texas Terror you are reaching dude...... r-e-a-c-h-i-n-g!

Better yet, go to Grambling, LA and ask the ICON himself Coach Rob why red was placed in the color scheme then ask the band director then ask the university why red is all throughout the color of the football stadium.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
3rd Coast, you and your buddies are still not seeing the point of my remark. Shouldn't expect less from you especially, a spin doctor!

Grambling can use red all they want. It's what they've done before. It's what the band does. Great...

However, it is my opinion and those that I've talked to in the sports marketing business, that you don't wear an 'alternate' jersey such as this one on the 'big stage'.

If Texas Southern ever had a game televised, would they break their routine with uniforms that predominantly featured something other than their two primary colors? It's just sports marketing. You do not break away from your predominant jersey (your consistent image) when your on the big stage...

Okay all you SWACky folks that are attempting to bring up all sorts of other points, continue to miss my point and continue to inform us all about the history of red and Grambling...

Perhaps if you'd read my posts instead of blasting me for being racist, anti-SWAC...you may actually read my post to recognize that I continue to bring up the fact that Grambling football team has not worn red all season and on their biggest stage, in their biggest game, are deciding to change face...not one person has denied that yet...bad marketing. Inconsistent message...

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Anti-SWAC of course but where have I ever called you racist in any of my posts? :confused:

Secondly, I can just see it now..... Russell has marketing directors that make six figure salaries sitting in the "war room" that'll totally and whole-heartedly agree with you on your current rant that this is a bad move and turn in their LORs.

I can see potential recruits backing out of their desire to play from Grambling.
I can see students rallying in front of the campus bookstore calling out local news affiliates and CNN for a red jersey burn party.

Do this for me. Get me a quote for a minimum of 10,000 flyers to be printed up and I will pay for them and pay you for every Grambling student, alum or supporter that you can sign up outside the Superdome on Bayou Classic gameday that's shares your view that this is a marketing 101 nightmare. After the game, if that entire box isn't shoved down your throat; you have done your job.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Where have I ever called you racist in any of my posts? :confused:

Was not referring to your post...but it's been said numerous times on AGS, unfortunately.

I just wish people would read through the 'hate' they accuse me of having to read the point of my post. It's a lesson in sports marketing and people are taking it down a completely different path, saying I need to research Grambling history, this, that and the other.

I'm not saying they can't use red or they haven't used red, I just think it's pretty bad marketing to break away from your every game uniform from the current season on the biggest stage that your team will be on, considering that the Bayou Classic is bigger than the SWAC title game, and that's if Grambling can make it there...

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Was not referring to your post...but it's been said numerous times on AGS, unfortunately.

Was not referring to my post about you being a racist? Isn't this what you said...

Perhaps if you'd read my posts instead of blasting me for being racist, anti-SWAC...

Make your mind up dude. Am I calling you a racist or not? Spin it.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Make your mind up dude. Am I calling you a racist or not? Spin it.

If you read the paragraph prior to my remark, I stated, "Okay all you SWACky folks that are attempting to bring up all sorts of other points, continue to miss my point and continue to inform us all about the history of red and Grambling..."

I was referring to the plural, not the singular. It was a reference to fans representing SWAC schools that have made remarks before towards me on this board, not particularly in this post that you made prior to my response.

Sorry if you had difficulties comprehending...

October 28th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I think it is a bad idea as well, changing uniforms for a big game. But if that's how they roll, so be it. I also think uniforms that are all one color look like pajamas. :)

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:58 AM
I think it is a bad idea as well, changing uniforms for a big game. But if that's how they roll, so be it. I also think uniforms that are all one color look like pajamas. :)

That's all I was trying to say...:thumbsup:

Glad someone made sense of my post! :hurray:

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 11:00 AM
If I am from Texas Southern that means I am from the SWAC right?

When you say (and I will not alter your own words):

Okay all you SWACky folks that are attempting to bring up all sorts of other points, continue to miss my point and continue to inform us all about the history of red and Grambling...

Perhaps if you'd read my posts instead of blasting me for being racist, anti-SWAC...

When you use the word "ALL" does that refer to 95 of the 100 SWACies or is it 18 of the 100 SWACies or does the word "ALL" refer to 100 of the 100 SWACies? Preschool taught me the word ALL means EVERYBODY so if I am what you classify as a "SWACy" that means you are telling me that I called you racist right? I think I "comprehended" that quite well don't you think?

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
That's all I was trying to say...:thumbsup:

Glad someone made sense of my post! :hurray:

You missed one key phrase out of Ralph's statement:

But if that's how they roll, so be it.

Do you agree with Ralph with his statement? You do understand what Ralph is saying right? Better yet, let me explain it to you; Ralph is saying "If that's what Grambling wants then that's what Grambling wants." "If Grambling is fine with that then let them live with their decision." But you are glad someone made sense of your post? :rolleyes:

If you think about it Ralph is saying nothing any different with what us "SWACies" are saying "IF THAT'S HOW THEY ROLL THEN SO BE IT! Why are you asking for a congressional investigation?"

gram4life
October 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Anti-SWAC of course but where have I ever called you racist in any of my posts? :confused:

Secondly, I can just see it now..... Russell has marketing directors that make six figure salaries sitting in the "war room" that'll totally and whole-heartedly agree with you on your current rant that this is a bad move and turn in their LORs.
I can see potential recruits backing out of their desire to play from Grambling.
I can see students rallying in front of the campus bookstore calling out local news affiliates and CNN for a red jersey burn party.

Do this for me. Get me a quote for a minimum of 10,000 flyers to be printed up and I will pay for them and pay you for every Grambling student, alum or supporter that you can sign up outside the Superdome on Bayou Classic gameday that's shares your view that this is a marketing 101 nightmare. After the game, if that entire box isn't shoved down your throat; you have done your job.

I really think this part is getting missed, you would think Russell knows a little bit more than TT about marketing.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I really think this part is getting missed, you would think Russell knows a little bit more than TT about marketing.

Russell knows quite a bit about money making...

Of course, whatever reason Grambling has not made efforts to copyright their logo (mentioned in Retro's post) is also costing them money...maybe with some more copyright money, they would be able to fund their programs better and not put the powers of using Grambling's logo in the hand of others...

AppGuy04
October 28th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Damn, the man only had an opinion about the uniform, its not a world changing idea. Personally, I think it looks bad, its my opinion. TT is entitled to his opinion as well. Relax guys

October 28th, 2006, 11:21 AM
That's all I was trying to say...I was a little surprised by the red too but others have shown that its not that unusual... and Gram certainly has changed their uniforms often in the past... I guess that black helmet with the G on it is enough identification.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Must give Grambling props...

Do like the look of their new athletic web site (http://www.gsutigers.com/). Same company that put together Alcorn St's site apparently.

It's just a challenge to make sure your updating your web site, because a web site is as good as it's content. Hopefully Grambling keeps up the good work now that they have a good site.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Damn, the man only had an opinion about the uniform, its not a world changing idea. Personally, I think it looks bad, its my opinion. TT is entitled to his opinion as well. Relax guys

Well if TT can get on his soapbox and have his opinion about something that Grambling State University can't I do the same? I personally know Coach Rob myself and back in 1993 I asked him about the red in the jerseys and I honor, respect and love his remarks about it so to have TT give post after post after post about his opinion then I can give mine as well.

Off topic but congrats on your national championship App State! xsmileyclapx

October 28th, 2006, 11:29 AM
... I personally know Coach Rob myself and back in 1993 I asked him about the red in the jerseys and I honor, respect and love his remarks about it...What were they?

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Here's his exact words verbatim to me:

"That's an easy answer son! A tiger is gold with black stripes and the first thing you notice after it attacks and devour it's prey is their blood (red) and their acceptance of defeat!"

I still remember that as if he told me yesterday. :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
"That's an easy answer son! A tiger is gold with black stripes and the first thing you notice after it attacks and devour it's prey is their blood (red) and their acceptance of defeat!"

That's an awesome quote from a LEGEND OF I-AA! :thumbsup:

gram4life
October 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Russell knows quite a bit about money making...

Of course, whatever reason Grambling has not made efforts to copyright their logo (mentioned in Retro's post) is also costing them money...maybe with some more copyright money, they would be able to fund their programs better and not put the powers of using Grambling's logo in the hand of others...

You know you don't have to lie.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 01:18 PM
You know you don't have to lie.

Just quoting Retro..."Right, i should have worded that better.. Anyway for the past 10 years they've probably lost out on a lot of money because of no trademark rights.. Before 1997 it appears they had permission to use it, but doesn't say if they had any enforcable right for the logo'sm use on merchandise either, outside of just the general use of it.. In today's collegiate climate, it's very important to have a fully licensed and protected logo to bring in that revenue.."

You didn't say he was a liar...

gram4life
October 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Just quoting Retro..."Right, i should have worded that better.. Anyway for the past 10 years they've probably lost out on a lot of money because of no trademark rights.. Before 1997 it appears they had permission to use it, but doesn't say if they had any enforcable right for the logo'sm use on merchandise either, outside of just the general use of it.. In today's collegiate climate, it's very important to have a fully licensed and protected logo to bring in that revenue.."

You didn't say he was a liar...
So you are just misquoting Retro, huh. Even though you read his correction. Hmmm
TT said:
Of course, whatever reason Grambling has not made efforts to copyright their logo (mentioned in Retro's post) is also costing them money...maybe with some more copyright money, they would be able to fund their programs better and not put the powers of using Grambling's logo in the hand of others

The article says:

Read the article: The “G” has been used on Grambling’s football helmets for the past 31 years. Last week, the school — thinking it had let its trademark on the “G” lapse — announced it was going to create a new logo because it had lost its legal right to make vendors pay for the rights to use the “G” on merchandise.

You make it a point to mislead the reader and make backhanded statements.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 28th, 2006, 02:13 PM
You make it a point to mislead the reader and make backhanded statements.

Who TT? :confused: Never!

GAD
October 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Come to think of it havn't both teams worn different uniforms in the Bayou Classic than the ones they had worn all year the past few years?

October 28th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Come to think of it havn't both teams worn different uniforms in the Bayou Classic than the ones they had worn all year the past few years?sort of like a party costume?

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 06:02 PM
sort of like a party costume?

Halloween is this week...:hurray:

mikebigg
October 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM
sort of like a party costume?

No, we then to think of it as our BIG GAME apparel!:nod:

MACHIAVELLI
October 30th, 2006, 06:57 PM

Doug Williams..note the red stripe helmetand the red wrist bands
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/eddie%20053.jpg

1955 team in 2005 with throwback unis
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/Copy%20of%20hc05[3].jpg

Coach Rob and Doug..note the red stripe on the helmet and jersey and pants
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/unis121.jpg

Here is Doug with a red accent on the helmet pants and a nifty face towel for drying off those hands right before those long bombs for TD!!
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/Copy%20of%20a5bc8eb5_11341744.jpg

Red helmet, jersey and pants
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/unis122.jpg

Nike contract days...
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/eddie%20101.jpg

Throwback homecoming 2005 (not the pants for the jersey)
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/Copy%20of%20Henry_Tolbert[1].jpg

I hope this helps with the Grambling wearing red thing...

MACHIAVELLI
October 30th, 2006, 07:03 PM

Guess many of you just aren't getting at what I'm posting. If you have few chances to get out before the masses, such as is the case with Grambling vs Southern, would you really want to put out a 'message' that is not consistent with your school's message?

Okay, it is jerseys. Fine. But, to me, it's a statement. Why are you going to wear a jersey that is not consistent on the biggest 'stage' in the biggest game? We were taught in marketing (and something that I preach in my current field) that you just don't do this, but hey, "it's Grambling"...:thumbsup:

That is what the helmets are for. Since we've been on NBC they have stayed the same.

MACHIAVELLI
October 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM

That is what the helmets are for. Since we've been on NBC they have stayed the same.

SU Jag
November 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Doug Williams..note the red stripe helmetand the red wrist bands
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/eddie%20053.jpg

1955 team in 2005 with throwback unis
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/Copy%20of%20hc05[3].jpg

Coach Rob and Doug..note the red stripe on the helmet and jersey and pants
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/unis121.jpg

Here is Doug with a red accent on the helmet pants and a nifty face towel for drying off those hands right before those long bombs for TD!!
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/Copy%20of%20a5bc8eb5_11341744.jpg

Red helmet, jersey and pants
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/unis122.jpg

Nike contract days...
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/eddie%20101.jpg

Throwback homecoming 2005 (not the pants for the jersey)
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/Copy%20of%20Henry_Tolbert[1].jpg

I hope this helps with the Grambling wearing red thing...

Yep, now TT can hush!:nod:

ButlerGSU
November 2nd, 2006, 11:52 AM
http://www.cseextranet.com/buyhbcu/images/BBFbjersey_450.jpg

http://www.cseextranet.com/buyhbcu/index2.html

That's an ugly uniform. They could wear UGA helmets though...

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 2nd, 2006, 02:49 PM

They do....

But I think it was Red Jersey....Not Red Pants

TexasTerror
November 2nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
Yep, now TT can hush!:nod:

No, I still think it's wrong...

The folks who are 'ramblin about Grambling just don't know how to put their one consistent message, best foot forward...

Hope the Grambling students don't show up for their interviews wearing a suit and shorts because they want to mix it up on the 'big stage'...

Nope, not attacking the school or it's academics, but that's how I compare it. You don't change your game plan on the biggest stage, you don't change your message...but seems these change in jerseys is about $$$...just like everything else in the SWAC...

GAD
November 2nd, 2006, 05:16 PM

The folks who are 'ramblin about Grambling just don't know how to put their one consistent message, best foot forward...

Hope the Grambling students don't show up for their interviews wearing a suit and shorts because they want to mix it up on the 'big stage'...

Nope, not attacking the school or it's academics, but that's how I compare it. You don't change your game plan on the biggest stage, you don't change your message...but seems these change in jerseys is about $$$...just like everything else in the SWAC...
TT the thing I believe you are missing is Grambling does not have one particular "home" or "away" uniform they will often mix them up in many different combinations.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM

You are losing credibility with this foolishness but as usual I'll be waiting over -------> to read your reply about the upcoming scandal at Texas Southern.

mikebigg
November 4th, 2006, 11:49 AM

That's two completely different things and only something that only an obsessed delusionist person would come up with.

As for being a marketing disadvantage... that's totally absurd. This gives us another color scheme for our paraphanelia. It has been done by others in the past. Haven't you noticed how LSU has sold Black jerseys...that's a color that's no where in their color scheme.

Why must it always be a negative (to you) whenever Grambling is involved or discussed? It really makes you look simple!