PDA

View Full Version : SoCon 2014 tv schedule

catamount man
July 17th, 2014, 09:29 AM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209578127&DB_OEM_ID=4000

Best SoCon tv football package in YEARS! xbowx GO CATS!

The Cats
July 17th, 2014, 10:10 AM
The Southern Conference announced today (July 17) the league’s 14-game football package with for the 2014 season.

Eight games will appear on ESPN3, while an additional six games will be available on the newly formed American Sports Network (ASN), an initiative launched by the Sinclair Broadcast Group.

In addition to the league’s partnership with ESPN3, the conference has reached an agreement for a diverse broadcast package with ASN. As part of the agreement, a minimum of 18 Southern Conference events are tentatively scheduled to be shown on broadcast television affiliates throughout the southeast, including six football games during the upcoming season. Sinclair’s broadcast stations will carry the games as part of their primary program lineup on affiliates throughout the Conference’s footprint.

2014 Southern Conference Football Broadcast Schedule

Date
Teams
Time
Outlet

Sept. 6

Furman at Mercer
6:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Sept. 20
VMI at Samford
3:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Sept. 27
Western Carolina at Furman
3:30 p.m.
ASN

Sept. 27
Samford at Chattanooga
7:00 p.m.
ASN

Oct. 4
The Citadel at Wofford
1:30 p.m.
ESPN3

Oct. 11
Wofford at Western Carolina
ESPN3

Oct. 18
Chattanooga at The Citadel
1:00 p.m.
ASN

Oct. 25
Mercer at Chattanooga
12:00 p.m.
ASN

Nov. 1
Furman at VMI
ESPN3

Nov. 8
Wofford at Chattanooga
1:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Nov. 8
Western Carolina at Samford
3:00 p.m.
ASN

Nov. 15
Wofford at Furman
12:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Nov. 22
The Citadel at VMI
ESPN3

Nov. 22
Chattanooga at Furman
ASN

Smitty
July 17th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Well this is a pleasant surprise. We will be on TV 3 times during the year...

I'm use to the "ah crap we forgot WCU, um, bleh, okay this game then"

catamount man
July 17th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Well this is a pleasant surprise. We will be on TV 3 times during the year...

I'm use to the "ah crap we forgot WCU, um, bleh, okay this game then"

4 times. Don't forget the South Florida game is on ESPN 3 as well. GO CATS!

chattanoogamocs
July 17th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Nice! Mocs are down for 7 total.

The one's listed above plus Central Michigan on ESPN3 and UTK on the SEC Network.

FUBeAR
July 17th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I understand from 'those in the know' in Macon, that all 7 of Mercer's Home games will be on ESPN3 (1 as part of SoCon package). With the 1 away game at Chattanooga also on as part of the SoCon package, the Bears will have 8 games broadcast in 2014. Not quite as good as Notre Dame's deal with NBC, but pretty dang cool for a newbie program that is picked by the MasseyRatings...

...to finish 7th...in the Pioneer Football League http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13408&s=262657 - Hmmm??...Massey picked Mercer LAST in the whole country in 2013 and they finished 3rd in the PFL....the only regular player lost was a solid placekicker who really only played in 1 game...and the guy who played in the other 11 is on the CFPA Kicker Watch List. They added a class of 20 Scholarship Freshmen and about 8 (more) FBS Transfers...and Massey expects them to finish WORSE than last year in a conference they aren't even in. Please don't ever give me MasseyRatings as the source of comparison between teams. That dog just will not hunt.

Guess I digressed a wee bit....In summary, Mercer Bears Football will be on TV a lot this year.

PaladinFan
July 17th, 2014, 09:02 PM
You will find that the national coverage of FCS football largely should be ignored. Like a bad website. It is better to have no website than a bad website.

I have little patience for "journalists" that cannot even use google to give themselves some shred of credibility.

Good for Mercer to be on TV that much, though. Big few seasons for them to really get their name and brand out there.

OrangeAndBlack
July 18th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I understand from 'those in the know' in Macon, that all 7 of Mercer's Home games will be on ESPN3 (1 as part of SoCon package). With the 1 away game at Chattanooga also on as part of the SoCon package, the Bears will have 8 games broadcast in 2014. Not quite as good as Notre Dame's deal with NBC, but pretty dang cool for a newbie program that is picked by the MasseyRatings...

...to finish 7th...in the Pioneer Football League http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13408&s=262657 - Hmmm??...Massey picked Mercer LAST in the whole country in 2013 and they finished 3rd in the PFL....the only regular player lost was a solid placekicker who really only played in 1 game...and the guy who played in the other 11 is on the CFPA Kicker Watch List. They added a class of 20 Scholarship Freshmen and about 8 (more) FBS Transfers...and Massey expects them to finish WORSE than last year in a conference they aren't even in. Please don't ever give me MasseyRatings as the source of comparison between teams. That dog just will not hunt.

Guess I digressed a wee bit....In summary, Mercer Bears Football will be on TV a lot this year.

I just posted on the Mercer board about this... I was thinking all of our home games would be on ESPN3. Let's hope that's still true!

FUBeAR
July 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I just posted on the Mercer board about this... I was thinking all of our home games would be on ESPN3. Let's hope that's still true!

In the famous words of Lili Von Shtupp, "Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!"

TheRevSFA
July 18th, 2014, 12:09 PM

Mercer will be your SoCon champs this year. Why wouldn't they? The conference is ripe for the picking and Mercer did a good job in their debut in the PFL

Lehigh Football Nation
July 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM

Just sitting back, waiting for chattownmocs in 5...4...3...

FUBeAR
July 18th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Mercer will be your SoCon champs this year. Why wouldn't they? The conference is ripe for the picking and Mercer did a good job in their debut in the PFL

In anticipation of Chattownmocs' drive-by bluster/blather, I just want to be clear that I did not say anything of the sort. My point is that I don't see how they could possibly be picked to finish 7th in the PFL after finishing 3rd with a much less experienced and (possibly) a less talented group of players. I will make no public predictions of how I think the Bears will fare in the SoCon in 2014. Not enough data available and I have not watched enough SoCon video to perform an informed analysis. I have certainly seen that there is no requirement for an informed analysis to express an opinion here, but it's just the way I try to roll.

walliver
July 19th, 2014, 12:21 AM
The problem with ESPN3 is that it is not particularly useful. Although it doesn't require a masters degree to hook the HDMI out of a computer to a TV, it is not a seamless experience. Unfortunately, ESPN3 is not available on either my PS3 or Roku box. The broadcast deal is much more interesting, but it is interesting that Chatty appears on broadcast 4 times.

chattanoogamocs
July 20th, 2014, 11:47 PM
I got the Roku 3 at Christmas specifically to get ESPN3. Well worth the investment...so much better than my old Roku.