View Full Version : LIST O' 2013 GRAD LOSSES....FO' FCS SQWADS........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
July 17th, 2014, 07:38 AM
19267......GOT DIS FROM GO HENS...(THANKY UD27...GOOD FIND!).....RANKS 1 THRU 124 DUH TEAMS WHIFF LEAST TA MOST....LOST TALENT.......THOUGHT IT'D BE...UH GOOD TOOL.....TA HEP YA'S....WHIFF PRESEASON POLL....AN' DOSE WHIFF GAMBLIN' PROBS......DOODLE-DOO!

http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/fcsspringconf.htm

Bisonator
July 17th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Mattymc727
July 17th, 2014, 08:04 AM
UNH and UNI, early favorites for this upcoming season, have good scores here, ranking 16 and 13 respectively.

Also Fordham, who was ranked 8.

fbud
July 17th, 2014, 11:27 AM
19267......GOT DIS FROM GO HENS...(THANKY UD27...GOOD FIND!).....RANKS 1 THRU 124 DUH TEAMS WHIFF LEAST TA MOST....LOST TALENT.......THOUGHT IT'D BE...UH GOOD TOOL.....TA HEP YA'S....WHIFF PRESEASON POLL....AN' DOSE WHIFF GAMBLIN' PROBS......DOODLE-DOO!

http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/fcsspringconf.htm

New member to the sight!

Interesting stats and thank you for the link!!

MR. CHICKEN
July 17th, 2014, 12:22 PM
19268....SACRED HEART @ #7.....LOTTA HEN FANS....LAFFIN' DIS OPPONENT OFF.....NOT DUH CHICKEN...xsmhx..AWK!

superman7515
July 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
....SACRED HEART @ #7.....LOTTA HEN FANS....LAFFIN' DIS OPPONENT OFF.....NOT DUH CHICKEN...xsmhx..AWK!

They better hope or physical attendance won't break 10k for Elon the next weekend.

BEAR
July 17th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Looking at the SLC...I see UCA lost 40+% of its QB...but that's only kinda right...we lost our SR starter early last year so his backup had to step in.

I'd imagine the rank of 50 would be much higher if they considered the backup as the starter.

Not an exact science but a pretty good one. Great find!

lionsrking2
July 17th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Looking at the SLC...I see UCA lost 40+% of its QB...but that's only kinda right...we lost our SR starter early last year so his backup had to step in.

I'd imagine the rank of 50 would be much higher if they considered the backup as the starter.

Not an exact science but a pretty good one. Great find!

I agree. While it's a good read, and well-researched, it only accounts for "starters lost" which doesn't necessarily mean anything with programs that have depth and roll a lot of players. Sometimes you have older guys who are considered "starters" but may only play a third of the snaps (or less). Percentage of Snaps Lost would be more useful as a prediction tool, but not sure how you could do the research without combing through game tape or contacting each program directly.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 17th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Just another reason to completely discount NDSU. Don't worry about them at all.

Cupcake, really.

Mattymc727
July 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Just another reason to completely discount NDSU. Don't worry about them at all.

Cupcake, really.

I wouldnt discount NDSU. I think we are all just hoping the gap is closed a bit, so some of us have a chance at the title. Last year, i dont think anyone had a shot.

Except Chattanooga, they definitely should have won the whole thing. Those dang four losses got in the way.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 17th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I wouldnt discount NDSU. I think we are all just hoping the gap is closed a bit, so some of us have a chance at the title. Last year, i dont think anyone had a shot.

Except Chattanooga, they definitely should have won the whole thing. Those dang four losses got in the way.

Come on, after that pick 6, you thought you had a shot. Admit it.

2ram
July 17th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Just another reason to completely discount NDSU. Don't worry about them at all. Cupcake, really.
+1

BEAR
July 17th, 2014, 01:26 PM
NDSU had a great run..but even Bama eventually loses and misses the natty. Will NDSU miss it this year? Who knows. Is it more likely since the talent is gone according to this website? Yes, according to this website. But like Lions said, it doesn't take into account depth/number of snaps by non starters.

UCA had I believe 10 season ending injuries and 20+ multiple game injuries last year for a team that was loaded. Most of those are coming back. Depth really was helped last year with all those injuries.

Mattymc727
July 17th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Come on, after that pick 6, you thought you had a shot. Admit it.

Actually I did right after that fumble too. Up seven with the ball at your 35 or so, needed to score a TD there. When we went 3 and out and punted, I pretty much lost all hope again.

If UNH had kept to within a score at the half, maybe. Within 5 minutes of that punt I think UNH was down 20 or something, absolute train wreck.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Actually I did right after that fumble too. Up seven with the ball at your 35 or so, needed to score a TD there. When we went 3 and out and punted, I pretty much lost all hope again.

If UNH had kept to within a score at the half, maybe. Within 5 minutes of that punt I think UNH was down 20 or something, absolute train wreck.

That was the first game I'd been to in the dome in about 7 years, way before the tailgating. I hadn't been out in that cold weather in about 5 years. I'm really glad I made the trip.

Ivytalk
July 19th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Brown is supposed to have a rebuilding year, but that's just ridiculous!

Go...gate
July 20th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Bucknell also had relatively few losses (#30) and has built a fine defense in recent seasons. Could this be their year to win the Patriot League?

Go...gate
July 20th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Brown is supposed to have a rebuilding year, but that's just ridiculous!

Princeton has talked about an undefeated season, but they have holes to fill. The Ivy will be very interesting.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 20th, 2014, 10:30 AM
According to this, Lehigh is among the 10 teams hit hardest by graduation. I believe they were in a similar position heading into 2013. Like Colgate, LU had a lot of young guys who got valuable experience the final 3-4 games.

Replace talent with talent. They'll be bumps in the road but overall, Lehigh will be pretty good imo....

underdawg
July 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Nice find Mr. Chicken sir--awk! Looks like SIU is about third highest in return production in the MVFC.

UIWWildthing
July 20th, 2014, 07:35 PM
113 for Towson. Ouch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 20th, 2014, 08:31 PM
113 for Towson. Ouch.

But they return Ambrose....

Lehigh is #114.....but Coen remains....

Go...gate
July 21st, 2014, 02:08 AM
According to this, Lehigh is among the 10 teams hit hardest by graduation. I believe they were in a similar position heading into 2013. Like Colgate, LU had a lot of young guys who got valuable experience the final 3-4 games.

Replace talent with talent. They'll be bumps in the road but overall, Lehigh will be pretty good imo....

I'm sorry to say that I believe it will be a rough year for Colgate.

LeadBolt
July 22nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
For William and Mary it would seem to come down to QB and OL. If the replacements are solid, I look for a very good year.

underdawg
July 23rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
Mr. Chicken's presentation of amount of starters coming back got me thinking about what other factors need to be added to the mix. I've thought of one: Returning players for 2014 who made the first, second or honorable mention 2013 post season MVFC list; UNI has 7, NDSU has 5; YSU, MSU and SDSU 4 each; WIU and SIU 3, Indiana State 2; Illinois state 1 and SDU 0. I don't know how you would weight these facts with players returning. Also another factor might be coaching--would you go on W-L for the last few years or what on that one?

Ivytalk
July 23rd, 2014, 02:01 PM
Princeton has talked about an undefeated season, but they have holes to fill. The Ivy will be very interesting.

Gater, let me know if you plan to attend the H-P game in P'ton this year. I married into a P'ton family, as I think you know, and my niece is a rising junior there. Maybe we could finally meet.