View Full Version : Big Sky Conference Biggest possible FCS-FBS upset for 2014

Pant8her
July 13th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Poll for the biggest Big Sky Conference FCS-FBS game if it happened.
I have estimated and selected the games that would likely be a major upset within the conference. Only ten games are within the options, since we are limited to ten items for the poll.I look forward to your selections.

coover
July 13th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Idaho State beating ANYBODY, including fellow Big Sky members, would have to be the biggest upset of the season.

I realize that you only had 10 choices available, but still hoped that the Cal Poly - New Mexico State game would be listed, but, I suppose, that a Cal Poly win would not be that much of an upset, and few, if any, would have voted for it.

Pant8her
July 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Idaho State beating ANYBODY, including fellow Big Sky members, would have to be the biggest upset of the season.

I realize that you only had 10 choices available, but still hoped that the Cal Poly - New Mexico State game would be listed, but, I suppose, that a Cal Poly win would not be that much of an upset, and few, if any, would have voted for it.

In the case of Cal-Poly vs NM St, I think that game will be won by CP. Now say if it was ID St vs NM St, it might be an entertaining game to watch, to see who would want to win the most.. :)

MSUBobcat
July 13th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Curious why the poll is multiple choice.... how can you have more than one biggest upset? Who hasn't mastered the "est" suffix yet?

Pant8her
July 13th, 2014, 04:14 PM
MSUBobcat, the multiple choice is to determine the qualitative BSC underdog FCS-FBS game using the fan expertise and knowledge. While there are several games as a possible choice I think FCS fans can and usually cheers for FCS brethren when playing against the all might FBS teams.
I also plan on more polls like this for the other conferences. It just happened that the BSC was first and there seem to be quite a few possible major upsets (albeit not likely). There are also a couple of games that I would call close and even advantage to the FCS teams in the BSC.

darell1976
July 13th, 2014, 05:03 PM

That was the reason I picked that game.

GoAgs72
July 13th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I picked UC Davis/Stanford. When we beat Stanford in 2005, we were a better team than we are now and Stanford was much, much worse than the current edition. It was huge win then, but impossible now. This should be a blowout - a win for us would be losing by less than 30 points.

Bisonator
July 13th, 2014, 05:19 PM

This should have been the option instead of the first 2. xlolx

MSUBobcat
July 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
MSUBobcat, the multiple choice is to determine the qualitative BSC underdog FCS-FBS game using the fan expertise and knowledge. While there are several games as a possible choice I think FCS fans can and usually cheers for FCS brethren when playing against the all might FBS teams.
I also plan on more polls like this for the other conferences. It just happened that the BSC was first and there seem to be quite a few possible major upsets (albeit not likely). There are also a couple of games that I would call close and even advantage to the FCS teams in the BSC.

I understand the concept of a poll. It's not rocket surgery. My question is why are people allowed to (and are) vote for more than one game. There has been 10 voters, but 13 votes, so the percentages add up to more than 100%. The poll asks for people's opinion on the BIGGEST upset, not the 2 biggest, not the 3 biggest. Seems pretty straightforward to me. xcoolx

ncbears
July 13th, 2014, 05:55 PM
UNC over UNLV

dudeitsaid
July 13th, 2014, 07:03 PM
I understand the concept of a poll. It's not rocket surgery. My question is why are people allowed to (and are) vote for more than one game. There has been 10 voters, but 13 votes, so the percentages add up to more than 100%. The poll asks for people's opinion on the BIGGEST upset, not the 2 biggest, not the 3 biggest. Seems pretty straightforward to me. xcoolx

I only voted for UC Davis over Stanford, but it was really tough to decide between that game and Idaho State over Utah State. Maybe some people just pick two as equally the biggeresting.

tru
July 13th, 2014, 07:11 PM
UC Davis over Stanford would be tha biggest upset on that list, but it will never happen. Rite now I would have Stanford favored at home by 53 points in this matchup, honestly less than a 1% chance to win this game.

smilo
July 14th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I voted for PSU over WSU because I thought this was asking for biggest upset that will happen (and for the record, I don't think any of these will, I just think that has an outside shot perhaps. Cal Poly and EWU are the two I got though I may have to look at more not listed.)

If the question is, which will be the biggest blowout, UC-Davis is the answer.

Pant8her
July 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I must apologize for the unintentional question for the poll.

I should have named the thread as "Big Sky Conference Biggest Unlikely FCS-FBS upset for 2014..."

Please accept my sincere apology.

RabidRabbit
July 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I'll go for Portland St. over Beavers. Portland St. desperately needs a W, and Beavers will be out to assure that they don't fall twice in a row to FCS teams. In-state "rivalry" just puts a small added push.

Red & Black
July 14th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Gotta be UCD @ Stanford, followed closely by Idaho State @ Utah.