PDA

View Full Version : Has the SoCon signed a TV deal?

The Cats
July 9th, 2014, 09:48 PM
In today's "Ask the AD" feature, WCU athletic director Randy Eaton, gave this reply to a question.

Q - Jeffery wants to know about playing a night football game anytime soon.

A - Jeffery, will there be night games in the future? Yes. The conference signed an agreement this spring with Sinclair Broadcasting to broadcast a number of games each season, and although we are not scheduled to have any home games carried by Sinclair this year, we will most certainly in future years. Right now Sinclair has the standard football television block of kick-off times: noon, 3:30 and 7:00 p.m. Soon enough, we will be selected for a 7:00 PM game.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know anything about Sinclair Broadcasting?

http://www.catamountsports.com/ot/ask-the-ad.html

chattanoogamocs
July 9th, 2014, 11:17 PM
http://www.sbgi.net/

It appears that Sinclair own lots of local TV stations (167 of them)...and looking at a map of their stations...

http://www.sbgi.net/business/television.shtml

It appears that they have stations in most of the conference markets.

Birmingham CW WWTO Channel 21 (Samford)
Chattanooga ABC WTVC Channel 9 (Chattanooga)
Greenville MY WYMA Channel 40 (Wofford, Furman)
Charleston FOX WTAT Channel 24 (The Citadel)
Asheville ABC WLOS Channel 13 (Western Carolina)
Greensboro MY WMYV Channel 48 (UNC Greensboro)

The only cities in the conference that don't seem to have a close by stations are Macon (closest is Albany, GA), Johnson City (Asheville, NC) and Lexington (Winston-Salem, NC).

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Man, I'd have to chuckle at that. I mentioned how ironic this would be if it happened shortly after App & GSU left.

chattanoogamocs
July 10th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Man, I'd have to chuckle at that. I mentioned how ironic this would be if it happened shortly after App & GSU left.

The grandest irony of all...ASU and GSU are paying for it.

This TV deal, along with upgraded video technology for all member schools to live stream on the web for SoCon.TV and ESPN3, is being paid for with part of the $3,000,000 the SoCon collected from the 5 schools that have left the last 2 years...money from the fund will also be used to help schools bid for post-season home games or post-season tournaments in basketball. I believe the SoCon will also help defray some of the production costs if a school televises a game on their own.

Of course, this isn't a true regional deal (like Sports South)...it appears to be similar to the deal the SoCon made with PBS two years ago...I assume it will only be shown in the SoCon home towns (not across a whole region)...but at least they are channels that local fans will more easily recognize (and we won't be intro'd by Bob Ross or Julia Childs). :)

chattownmocs
July 10th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Question...I can guarnatee that they arent going to be showing SOCON games on the ABC affiliate in Chattanooga. So will this be a "thistv" type deal?

catamount man
July 10th, 2014, 08:30 AM
WYMA covers the entire market for WCU, Furman and Wofford. Only downside is that two local d2 schools, Brevard(NC) and North Greenville(SC) have been actively paying for some of their home games to be televised, therefore getting their name and brand out there. Brevard's two home games in October, Lenoir-Rhyne and Wingate, are already on WMYA's football slate this year. Really surprised the BC-WCU game on Sep 6 wouldn't be shown given the locality of both schools?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 10th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Does WTVC have a secondary digital channel, like WTVC.2? In our area all our broadcast stations have secondary/overflow broadcasts and it could very well be UTC games would be broadcast there. Best of all, you would be able to get the games through a Radio Shack/Wal-Mart antenna if that's the case.

walliver
July 10th, 2014, 09:24 AM
The games on the MY and CW stations would be easy to carry. The network stations are more problematic. Chatty might be an issue. Asheville is not as WLOS and WMYA are essentially sister stations. Over the air availability might be difficult since digital doesn't carry as well as analog, but shouldn't be an issue for cable/satellite users.

Hopefully, the conference will be able to work out deals with the local CW and MYTV outlets in the other markets. If I recall correctly, the issue with PBS was limited access outside of the Carolinas and Georgia.

chattanoogamocs
July 10th, 2014, 02:54 PM
To answer the question about Chattanooga...yes, Channel 9 has additional digital channels (9.1, 9.2 aka this.tv) so I assume that the football games would be run on that secondary station and not the primary.

Bogus Megapardus
July 10th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Best of all, you would be able to get the games through a Radio Shack/Wal-Mart antenna if that's the case.

I use this nineteen-dollar antenna:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=4730&seq=1&format=2

From just outside of Princeton, New Jersey, this antenna gives me all Philadelphia, New York City, Lehigh Valley and surrounding broadcast stations (a 50 mile radius) in full 1080p High Definition. The reception is better than cable or satellite because the feed is not algorithmically compressed as it is through a cable or a satellite box. Seventy-four stations in all (though some of them are in Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Polish or whatever). Browse their site - you can't beat Monoprice for "stuff."

Lehigh Football Nation
July 10th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I use this $19 antenna:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=4730&seq=1&format=2

From just outside of Princeton, New Jersey, this antenna give me all Philadelphia, New York City, Lehigh Valley and surrounding broadcast stations (a 50 mile radius) in full 1080p High Definition. 74 stations in all (though some of them are in Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Polish or whatever). Browse their site - you can't beat Monoprice for "stuff."

That looks really sharp! Our square antenna is more than 5 years old now and it doesn't get everything from Philly (and, importantly, not WBPH 60). For $20 this seems like it's worth the upgrade.

Mounted outside, or inside?

Bogus Megapardus
July 10th, 2014, 04:12 PM
That looks really sharp! Our square antenna is more than 5 years old now and it doesn't get everything from Philly (and, importantly, not WBPH 60). For $20 this seems like it's worth the upgrade.

Mounted outside, or inside?

Mine is mounted outside, about 14 feet high, on the corner of the house. Don't even bother trying it indoors. I benefit from living on the crest of a hill with a relatively unobstructed path to the transmitters - which are in all different directions. The Monoprice model is an omnidirectional antenna so it will pull from all different angles. BTW the WBPH-60 transmitter is on top of South Mountain in Salisbury Township. For whatever reason the WBPH-60 signal is the strongest one I get. It's also the most important. xrolleyesx

Use these tools to point and fine-tune your antenna:

http://www.antennapoint.com/

http://www.tvfool.com/

BTW - I have Comcast cable as well but this gives me things I don't get on Comcast - like WFMZ-69!

Bogus Megapardus
July 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Just an explanatory note about the previous posts to those SoCon fans who are curling their noses at our Patriot League interloping. There are three "traditional" over-the-air broadcast television stations in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley. One is PBS, WLTV-39. Of the other two, WBPH-60 is the "flagship" TV station for Lafayette broadcasts and WFMZ-69 is the "flagship" station for Lehigh broadcasts.

They despise one another as much as Lafayette and Lehigh do. And that's important.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2014, 09:16 PM
It's an excellent piece of information and review of a product that may be useful to many out there so interloping in that fashion is probably acceptable.

OL FU
July 11th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Just an explanatory note about the previous posts to those SoCon fans who are curling their noses at our Patriot League interloping..

Has citdog posted in this threadxconfusedx:o

citdog
July 16th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Has citdog posted in this threadxconfusedx:o

I love the patsy!

Lisa's is my favorite!

http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/binary/62cc/1375124875-hh_pastyimage.jpg

http://lisaspasties.com/

Bogus Megapardus
July 16th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Just a couple more words on the Monoprice antenna (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=4730&seq=1&format=2) before de-interloping here . . .

* Mount the antenna outdoors, as high as possible. One or two extra feet in height can make a big difference. The antenna itself is very small, lightweight and unobtrusive.

* Use the in-line gain amplifier that comes in the box. Be sure to plug it in and place it in the correct direction on the end of your coaxial feed from the antenna, just before the TV. Don't try to split the signal either before or after the gain amplifier.

* Don't put the antenna directly in front of a metal gutter, a metal window screen or aluminum siding because that can cause the signal to reflect and lose clarity.

* The antenna will pull in signals from the "front" and from the "back," but not too well from the "side." Go online get a free compass app for your smart phone (I use "Smart Compass" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.sira.compass&hl=en)) and point the antenna directly at the transmitters in your area. Typically all the transmitters in a city are clustered in the same location at an "antenna farm." Use the on-line tools in the previous post to locate the "antenna farm."

I live 50 miles from the NYC television transmitters. Using the Monoprice antenna, and by following all the instructions, I get all the NYC stations (from the "back" of the antenna) at anywhere from 55% to 92% signal strength, depending on the weather. I'm 35 five miles from the Philly transmitters and they all come in better than 80% (from the "front" of the antenna) - except for one spotty station whose transmitter apparently is directed towards Newark, Delaware for some odd reason. My Monoprice antenna isn't even pointed at the Lehigh Valley transmitters (35 miles away) and I still get two of the three stations from the "side" of the antenna. I get all three if I climb out on the porch roof and turn the antenna about 40 degrees to the north.

So if you live, say, near Spartanburg and you want to pick up stations in Charlotte or Asheville, this will work for you; don't expect to pull in Atlanta, though. That's too far. Good luck to all - just PM me with any questions.

smallcollegefbfan
July 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM
The grandest irony of all...ASU and GSU are paying for it.

This TV deal, along with upgraded video technology for all member schools to live stream on the web for SoCon.TV and ESPN3, is being paid for with part of the $3,000,000 the SoCon collected from the 5 schools that have left the last 2 years...money from the fund will also be used to help schools bid for post-season home games or post-season tournaments in basketball. I believe the SoCon will also help defray some of the production costs if a school televises a game on their own.

Of course, this isn't a true regional deal (like Sports South)...it appears to be similar to the deal the SoCon made with PBS two years ago...I assume it will only be shown in the SoCon home towns (not across a whole region)...but at least they are channels that local fans will more easily recognize (and we won't be intro'd by Bob Ross or Julia Childs). :)

So when that money runs out, which probably will all be spent within 3-4 years, how will it be paid for?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 16th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I live 50 miles from the NYC television transmitters. Using the Monoprice antenna, and by following all the instructions, I get all the NYC stations (from the "back" of the antenna) at anywhere from 55% to 92% signal strength, depending on the weather. I'm 35 five miles from the Philly transmitters and they all come in better than 80% (from the "front" of the antenna) - except for one spotty station whose transmitter apparently is directed towards Newark, Delaware for some odd reason. My Monoprice antenna isn't even pointed at the Lehigh Valley transmitters (35 miles away) and I still get two of the three stations from the "side" of the antenna. I get all three if I climb out on the porch roof and turn the antenna about 40 degrees to the north.

So if you live, say, near Spartanburg and you want to pick up stations in Charlotte or Asheville, this will work for you; don't expect to pull in Atlanta, though. That's too far. Good luck to all - just PM me with any questions.

I may be PMing you on this when I get around to getting my antenna up and running. I haven't ordered it yet because I'm trying to figure out how not to have to mount it on my roof, which is the most logical and unobstructed place to put it.

Bogus Megapardus
July 16th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I may be PMing you on this when I get around to getting my antenna up and running. I haven't ordered it yet because I'm trying to figure out how not to have to mount it on my roof, which is the most logical and unobstructed place to put it.

You have to climb up and mount it on roof, chimney or outside an attic window. No getting out of it if you want to do it right, LFN. Also be sure to order enough coaxial cable from Monoprice (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10216&cs_id=1021603&p_id=3035&seq=1&format=2) to reach from the antenna to the TV. You can get a huge 500 foot spool of coax from your local Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire-500-ft-RG6-18-AWG-Coaxial-Black-Cable-56918245/202316478), too, if you need that much. You'll probably have to drill a few holes for the cable - but don't be shy. PM me here or on the Lafayette Board with any questions or difficulties.

Apphole
July 16th, 2014, 05:45 PM
The Apps' first game as an FBS program since the split will be on ESPN2. I will certainly miss PBS 3.

Lehigh'98
July 16th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Who will be ass raping them on national tv??

Bogus Megapardus
July 16th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Who will be ass raping them on national tv??

Seriously, '98? Why not give them a chance? "Ass raping" is a tad harsh. App State was an outstanding FCS program and it's a fine university with a scholarly bent (unlike several in FCS that I could name). Maybe they've jumped the shark; maybe not. But I have to wish them the best of luck going forward.

But yes, we'll be watching, of course. xchinscratchx

Lehigh'98
July 16th, 2014, 10:27 PM
It was just a bad joke. Actually hope they do good, but based on last year, think they will have sub 500 yr in Sun Belt.

Bogus Megapardus
July 16th, 2014, 10:37 PM
It was just a bad joke. Actually hope they do good, but based on last year, think they will have sub 500 yr in Sun Belt.

Understood; I just tend to think that its better to keep longings for poor fortune of that magnitude "in house," so to speak . . . . xrolleyesx

The Cats
July 17th, 2014, 06:08 AM
The Apps' first game as an FBS program since the split will be on ESPN2. I will certainly miss PBS 3.

Enjoy your Thursday night beatdown in 'gnatsboro.

It's interesting, now that you're in the big time, I don't see any other ASU games scheduled for cable TV, but there is that Campbell game on ESPN3.

Smitty
July 17th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Okay everybody calm down...

It is on ESPN2 because they are playing Michigan.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Okay everybody calm down...

It is on ESPN2 because they are playing Michigan.

Which it would have been anyway even if they hadn't jumped so that statement by Apphole is pretty misleadling...oh well.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
They gotta have the game with GSU on TV as well don't they?

Smitty
July 17th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Which it would have been anyway even if they hadn't jumped so that statement by Apphole is pretty misleadling...oh well.

Exactly my point.

- - - Updated - - -

They gotta have the game with GSU on TV as well don't they?

I believe it is available on ESPNU and ESPN3

OL FU
July 17th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I still am amazed that anyone reads Apphole or Sean Taylors postsxeyebrowx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM

I read it, it's not like I give it much credence I just like to see the exercise in futility.:)

I'm pretty sure ST is not having much fun navigating AGS at this point as it is. xlolx

catamount man
July 17th, 2014, 11:40 AM

I'm still amazed they even look at this board being that they are I-A and all.

chattanoogamocs
July 17th, 2014, 04:52 PM
SoCon Schedule

Date

Teams
Time
Outlet

Sept. 6
Furman at Mercer
6:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Sept. 20
VMI at Samford
3:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Sept. 27
Western Carolina at Furman
3:30 p.m.
ASN

Sept. 27
Samford at Chattanooga
7:00 p.m.
ASN

Oct. 4
The Citadel at Wofford
1:30 p.m.
ESPN3

Oct. 11
Wofford at Western Carolina
ESPN3

Oct. 18
Chattanooga at The Citadel
1:00 p.m.
ASN

Oct. 25
Mercer at Chattanooga
12:00 p.m.
ASN

Nov. 1
Furman at VMI
ESPN3

Nov. 8
Wofford at Chattanooga
1:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Nov. 8
Western Carolina at Samford
3:00 p.m.
ASN

Nov. 15
Wofford at Furman
12:00 p.m.
ESPN3

Nov. 22
The Citadel at VMI
ESPN3

Nov. 22
Chattanooga at Furman
ASN

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209578127&DB_OEM_ID=4000

As a Chattanooga fan, I am excited...including OOC games, the Mocs will be available on ESPN3/ASN 7 of their 12 games.

PaladinFan
July 17th, 2014, 09:05 PM

My best guess is that Apphole wasn't even an App State fan last time they played Michigan.

Apphole
July 17th, 2014, 10:35 PM
My best guess is that Apphole wasn't even an App State fan last time they played Michigan.

I certainly was.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 18th, 2014, 08:06 AM

In his defense, the guy pulls for NC Central. Not exactly bandwagon fandom there.

Apphole
July 18th, 2014, 10:22 AM
In his defense, the guy pulls for NC Central. Not exactly bandwagon fandom there.

I pull for my alma mater(s), the pro teams of my home State, and 'Merica. No bandwagoning here.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 18th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I pull for my alma mater(s), the pro teams of my home State, and 'Merica. No bandwagoning here.

Question is would you be rooting for your new "contemporaries" UL-Lafayette and UL-Monroe in some bowl game that I'm too lazy to look up the name as to what it would be?

Apphole
July 18th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Question is would you be rooting for your new "contemporaries" UL-Lafayette and UL-Monroe in some bowl game that I'm too lazy to look up the name as to what it would be?

Sure I would. Their success in the post season would reflect on my team.

Would you pull for some Lehigh rival of yours which I am too lazy to look up if they were playing in the FCS playoffs?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 18th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Sure I would. Their success in the post season would reflect on my team.

Would you pull for some Lehigh rival of yours which I am too lazy to look up if they were playing in the FCS playoffs?

Sure I would. I've done so when Patriot League contemporary Lafayette made the FCS playoffs. Same with Fordham.

That you and I both equally don't care about the others' postseason is a wash.

The big difference is that Lehigh has a lot in common with its conference-mates, and Lehigh is actually very happy to be in the Patriot League and the FCS Playoffs (not to mention all their other sports). App State in no way resembles UL-Lafayette institutionally, nor does it resemble most of the other schools in the Sun Belt except for the fact that they want to play FBS football. I also believe that App State would be on the first train out of the Sun Belt if another conference came calling for them. Being in a conference where nobody really wants to be there - not my idea of a healthy athletics situation.

Enjoy, though.

Bogus Megapardus
July 18th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Sure I would. I've done so when Patriot League contemporary Lafayette made the FCS playoffs. Same with Fordham.

I think this is almost universally true among Patriot League fans. Their success reflects on the league that we all created and built from scratch.

Apphole
July 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM

That you and I both equally don't care about the others' postseason is a wash.

The big difference is that Lehigh has a lot in common with its conference-mates, and Lehigh is actually very happy to be in the Patriot League and the FCS Playoffs (not to mention all their other sports). App State in no way resembles UL-Lafayette institutionally, nor does it resemble most of the other schools in the Sun Belt except for the fact that they want to play FBS football. I also believe that App State would be on the first train out of the Sun Belt if another conference came calling for them. Being in a conference where nobody really wants to be there - not my idea of a healthy athletics situation.

Enjoy, though.

We have more in common with the UL schools and the other SBC schools than we did with our SoCon peers. These a public schools that are serious about athletics.

And I don't think anything short of an AAC invitation would compel out leadership to leave the Belt. The MAC is too far away and CUSA is an inferior football conference.

Teal2018
July 18th, 2014, 01:12 PM
We have more in common with the UL schools and the other SBC schools than we did with our SoCon peers. These a public schools that are serious about athletics.

And I don't think anything short of an AAC invitation would compel out leadership to leave the Belt. The MAC is too far away and CUSA is an inferior football conference.

CUSA is not an inferior football conference to the Sun Belt to say it is, is ridiculous. JMU turned down the sun belt because it is the worst fbs conference

PaladinFan
July 18th, 2014, 01:59 PM

Oh stop it. App wanted FBS football and they said yes to the only boy that asked them to dance.

There is an ocean of difference between a university that takes athletics seriously, and a university whose entire worth "business model" is built on athletics.

eaglewraith
July 18th, 2014, 02:12 PM
CUSA is not an inferior football conference to the Sun Belt to say it is, is ridiculous. JMU turned down the sun belt because it is the worst fbs conference

JMU turned down the Sun Belt because of some delusional idea of academic superiority (no one tell them that their football program was last in the CAA in APR, gotta work on those athletes). I think travel had something to do with it as well, which is totally understandable.

The Sun Belt was the highest ranked non-BCS conference last year and the year before. Did the best OOC as well too I believe with a winning record over CUSA. Every team finished bowl eligible except for one.

They may not be the best, but they're no slouches either.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 18th, 2014, 02:15 PM
JMU turned down the Sun Belt because of some delusional idea of academic superiority...

That's an interesting spin.

PaladinFan
July 18th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I do not get the need to trump one conference or belittle another. App and GSU wanted to leave. They took the only offer they got. It is perfectly irrelevant what mainstream America or the fan base thinks of one conference or the other. They wanted out and took the chance.

Whether that was a good idea or a foolish idea will play out over the next several seasons.

eaglewraith
July 18th, 2014, 03:08 PM
That's an interesting spin.

Not spin if that's all you hear.

They deemed the Sun Belt as inferior to their academic reputation. For them it's CUSA at worst that they'll make the move for.

It's their prerogative. By the time they decide they'll take an offer, the door might be closed though.

Bogus Megapardus
July 18th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Not spin if that's all you hear.

They deemed the Sun Belt as inferior to their academic reputation. For them it's CUSA at worst that they'll make the move for.

It's their prerogative. By the time they decide they'll take an offer, the door might be closed though.

Doesn't the CAA already have a better academic reputation overall than either the Sun Belt or CUSA?

citdog
July 18th, 2014, 04:36 PM
JMU turned down the Sun Belt because of some delusional idea of academic superiority (no one tell them that their football program was last in the CAA in APR, gotta work on those athletes). I think travel had something to do with it as well, which is totally understandable.

The Sun Belt was the highest ranked non-BCS conference last year and the year before. Did the best OOC as well too I believe with a winning record over CUSA. Every team finished bowl eligible except for one.

Isn't GSU in Atlanta?

Bogus Megapardus
July 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Isn't GSU in Atlanta?

It's a shame that our Panther friends no longer are around to answer that question. They were very entertaining.

Teal2018
July 18th, 2014, 05:25 PM

Who ranked the sun belt as the best non bcs conference over the AAC, Cusa, MWC, and the MAC. Also many of the bowl eligible teams were not invited to bowls because bowl's would rather have teams from the other conferences.

The Cats
July 18th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Every team finished bowl eligible except for one.

I forget, just how many of those bowl eligible teams actually went to a bowl?

That's a lie, I didn't actually forget, I just think the answer is funny as hell. xnodxxnodxxnodx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

CID1990
July 19th, 2014, 12:02 AM
We have more in common with the UL schools and the other SBC schools than we did with our SoCon peers.

That is certainly true.

walliver
July 19th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Doesn't the CAA already have a better academic reputation overall than either the Sun Belt or CUSA?

Who doesn't?

Most of the Big 5 at least have an academic poster boy. Stanford and Cal in the PAC, Duke in the ACC, Vandy in the SEC, most of the Big10, Tulane in the AAC, etc. The best the SBC has is "The University of Louisiana at Lafayette" or "UL", a school whose academic reputation drops to close to zero when leaving metropolitan Lafayette.

Apphole
July 19th, 2014, 03:42 PM
It is pretty cool to be at the top of a conference in academic renown for a change instead of playing 4th fiddle to Wofford, Furman, and Davidson.

Bogus Megapardus
July 19th, 2014, 04:53 PM
It is pretty cool to be at the top of a conference in academic renown for a change instead of playing 4th fiddle to Wofford, Furman, and Davidson.

That's probably true. App State likely will be the Sun Belt's top academic institution. CUSA has Rice, leading many to ask, "what on earth are they doing there?"

The Cats
July 19th, 2014, 08:30 PM

Just remember, you're judged by the company you keep.

Pretty soon, all the others will start pulling ASU down to their level.

citdog
July 19th, 2014, 10:13 PM

The fact that you think appy st would have sniffed better than 7th shows how delusional you really are. Miss seeing you on the schedule. Had gotten used to the automatic "W" that I placed by your name.

Apphole
July 20th, 2014, 02:38 AM
The fact that you think appy st would have sniffed better than 7th shows how delusional you really are. Miss seeing you on the schedule. Had gotten used to the automatic "W" that I placed by your name.

I stand by my hierarchy. If you think poor man's West Point is in the conversation you're...well...of the average brain power for your alma mater.

citdog
July 20th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I stand by my hierarchy. If you think poor man's West Point is in the conversation you're...well...of the average brain power for your alma mater.

Luckily those who matter know better than you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR2KvwRZ5Ec

TOUCHDOWN THE CITADEL!

phoenix3
July 20th, 2014, 01:51 PM

4th... right

SU DOG
July 20th, 2014, 05:01 PM

FOURTH? I guess Apphole does have a sense of humor.

chattownmocs
July 20th, 2014, 06:00 PM

App State was so serious about athletics that they finished last or 2nd to last in the conferences capitalone cup standings.