PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly's Chances for a I-A Win?

poly51
October 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Well, San Diego State is coming off it's first win of the season. A squeaker over Air Force. Cal Poly is coming off a tough loss to South Dakota State. They should not have lost this one.
Does Cal Poly have a shot?

VictorG
October 26th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Of course you have a "shot". It will all depend upon what the caliber of the gun is that you bring along! (So to speak!)

Live4Griz
October 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Well, San Diego State is coming off it's first win of the season. A squeaker over Air Force. Cal Poly is coming off a tough loss to South Dakota State. They should not have lost this one.
Does Cal Poly have a shot?

Don't know too much about San Diego State...but I hope you can get the job done....then we will see you next week at Washington-Grizzly Stadium!!

GO POLY...'til next week:smiley_wi

GO GRIZ!!

AZGrizFan
October 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
My money is on Cal Poly. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RabidRabbit
October 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Hel* Yeah!!!! :hurray: :hurray: Just need to be that all consuming defensive team that has shown up except for one quarter. Play to win, not to preserve a lead.

Hope your punter is practicing!! The GREAT field position provided after punts was the critical part of the Jacks win. :bang:

usdtoreros
October 26th, 2006, 12:42 PM
San Diego State has to be the favorite going in, but I think you have a great chance of taking them. They have been absolutely horrible this year and I am amazed they pulled out the win last week. One thing about SDSU is that they always have great athletes, just not a great team.

X-Factor
October 26th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Hopefully Cal Poly puts another I-A in the win column for the GWFC, but my guess is Brennan will need to complete more than 4 passes to win this game. That seems to be the only glaring problem with CP right now.

aztecjim
October 26th, 2006, 02:25 PM
When healthy the Aztecs are pretty good. Lost to both UTEP and Wisconsin by just one bad play each. Unfortunately San Diego State has had serious injury problems this year. At one point playing their 4th string QB and having having as many as seven second and third stringers start a game on offense alone. They are getting healthy(they did beat AFA) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Nike
October 26th, 2006, 10:12 PM
CP wins this one. Go 1-AA Championship Division.

igo4uni
October 26th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Go Poly, go!!!!!!!!!!

Tod
October 26th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Good luck to Cal Poly! I hope you win this game, then have a let down the next week. ;) ;)

Green26
October 26th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Cal Poly has a very good chance to win. SDS is going to have a hard time scoring on CP. SDS averages only 13 points per game and 278 yards. They have thrown 10 interceptions in less than 150 attempts. Most of the top I-AA teams should be able to play with, and perhaps beat, SDS this year.

Mr. C
October 27th, 2006, 07:52 AM
When I was growing up as a young Fresno State fan, San Diego State was the team that everyone feared. Under coach Don Coryell, they had a dynamic passing attack and were the best program in the College Division of the NCAA. We had some good teams, but could never get over the hump with the Aztecs, until finally beating them in 1977 on the way to the PCAA championship (which was renamed as the Big West a few years later). But the Aztecs have fallen on hard times in recent years and this could be the worst team at San Diego State in the past 50 or 60 years. Cal Poly is very capable of winning this game. Their defense will give San Diego State fits. The key, as always with Cal Poly, is how well the offense — particularly QB Matt Brennan — does. If they can get RB James Noble and WR Ramses Barden loose, it could be a very long day for the Aztecs.

spelunker64
October 27th, 2006, 08:17 AM
With the love the Bison got last week from fellow I-AAers, I'm sending out my support to Poly this weekend. Down with SDSU#2