PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of Games Left...

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Could we please stop using this as an excuse not to make playoff predictions?

I think we all understand that there are a multitude of things that can happen, but the point of a lot of these threads is to speculate.

That would be like not participating in an NCAA pool because there are "plenty of games left."

This thread may get shut down quickly, but I had to get this off my chest.
:twocents: :twocents:

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I think most people just like to have fun at guessing and debating how things will play out. xcoffeex

Maroon&White
October 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Could we please stop using this as an excuse not to make playoff predictions?

I think we all understand that there are a multitude of things that can happen, but the point of a lot of these threads is to speculate.

That would be like not participating in an NCAA pool because there are "plenty of games left."

This thread may get shut down quickly, but I had to get this off my chest.
:twocents: :twocents:

There's a difference between threads that are predicting the remaining wins and loses and who will make the playoffs, and the ones that are predicting two teams to win out, when they both have some tough games left.

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I do to. That's why it's really no fun when someone responds to a prediction with...

"Lots of things can happen" "There's still a ways to go"

Tell me who you think's gonna win!

Maroon&White
October 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
I do to. That's why it's really no fun when someone responds to a prediction with...

"Lots of things can happen" "There's still a ways to go"

The person asked who will get a seed. It doesn't really matter what I think, I will have no say in it.

89Hen
October 26th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Tough call, still a lot of games left.

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Incidentally, your post wasn't the only one that sparked this thread. This happens a lot, I think. I know you won't have a say in the seed, but we'd like to know what you think.

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Tough call, still a lot of games left.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Maroon&White
October 26th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Incidentally, your post wasn't the only one that sparked this thread. This happens a lot, I think. I know you won't have a say in the seed, but we'd like to know what you think.

Sorry, figured it was since you made this thread shortly after responding in that JMU/UMass thread, where I said exactly what you complained about :)

I think it will depend on what happens in the remaining games though - not just for JMU and UMass but for the other top teams. Hence, it's still too early to tell - ask me Nov19th and I might have an answer.

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Sorry, figured it was since you made this thread shortly after responding in that JMU/UMass thread, where I said exactly what you complained about :)

I think it will depend on what happens in the remaining games though - not just for JMU and UMass but for the other top teams. Hence, it's still too early to tell - ask me Nov19th and I might have an answer.

No, I see it a lot when I would just like to hear people's picks and wild speculation.

I've put Nov. 19 on the calendar and will start a new thread then!!