PDA

View Full Version : JMU/UMASS

PurpleandGold
October 26th, 2006, 08:26 AM
If both teams win out, UMASS will get the A10 autobid by 0.5 points in the tiebreaker. However, JMU will have 6 "quality" wins (defined as beating a team in the GPI top 40), Northeastern, UNH, Delaware, Villanova, Towson, and Richmond, to UMASS's 5, Northeastern, UNH, Maine, Towson, and Villanova. Sagarin currently ranks JMU's schedule a hair more difficult than UMASS's.

Does JMU have a case for a seed over UMASS?

Maroon&White
October 26th, 2006, 08:28 AM
If both teams win out, UMASS will get the A10 autobid by 0.5 points in the tiebreaker. However, JMU will have 6 "quality" wins (defined as beating a team in the GPI top 40), Northeastern, UNH, Delaware, Villanova, Towson, and Richmond, to UMASS's 5, Northeastern, UNH, Maine, Towson, and Villanova. Sagarin currently ranks JMU's schedule a hair more difficult than UMASS's.

Plenty of games still yet to be played.

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I think if UMass wins out, then they deserve a seed over JMU (not that I think it matters). Their remaining schedule is tough and winning out, IMO, would be impressive. Depending on what happens, if both win out, I think you might be able to make an argument that they each deserve a seed.

JMU2004
October 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM
yup....no reason to even think about this yet

ChickenMan
October 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM

No...

jmuroller
October 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM
IMO, if both win out both will get seeds.

UNH 40
October 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Yes they do have a case, compare the schedules of the two teams. JMU is battle tested they are undoubtably a great tream, on the other hand UMass has played nobody, and don't try and tell me or anyone else for that matter that Towson is a good football team, especially when they played UMass without their starting QB who happens to be there best player. I actually think that NU will give them a very good game coming off a big win that undoubtably gave them a confidence boost. If JMU beats Richmond on Saturday I would have to say that JMU diserves a higher ranking than UMass whether UMass wins or loses.

Dukie95
October 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yes they do have a case, compare the schedules of the two teams. JMU is battle tested they are undoubtably a great tream, on the other hand UMass has played nobody, and don't try and tell me or anyone else for that matter that Towson is a good football team, especially when they played UMass without their starting QB who happens to be there best player. I actually think that NU will give them a very good game coming off a big win that undoubtably gave them a confidence boost. If JMU beats Richmond on Saturday I would have to say that JMU diserves a higher ranking than UMass whether UMass wins or loses.

UMass played Navy, JMU played Bloomsburg...

Discussion over.

th0m
October 26th, 2006, 11:06 AM

Well we're talking about when all is said and done. At that point they will also have played UNH and Maine. I'm sure they'll be battle tested then.

DB_Atlantic10
October 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM

Discussion over.

Your point being....

Tod
October 26th, 2006, 10:05 PM

Discussion over.

How'd those games turn out?

saint0917
October 27th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Your point being....

I think his point is Umass almost beat a D-1A school, and JMU won a close game against a D-2 school. Not impressive IMO

PurpleandGold
October 27th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I think his point is Umass almost beat a D-1A school, and JMU won a close game against a D-2 school. Not impressive IMO

UMass does get alot of credit for nearly beating Navy, but lets not discount JMU's win over Bloomsburg too much, they are the 6th ranked DII in the nation and could probably beat alot of I-AAs. Certainly playing a DII hurts us against their playing a I-A, but we also played the defending I-AA national champions. Additionally, I think both of those games represent the JMU offense getting off to a slow start. If we rematched either of those teams right now, I think it'd be a different outcome. Not saying we'd beat App State, but we'd certainly give them a much better game.

bandl
October 27th, 2006, 07:03 AM
UMass does get alot of credit for nearly beating Navy, but lets not discount JMU's win over Bloomsburg too much, they are the 6th ranked DII in the nation and could probably beat alot of I-AAs. Certainly playing a DII hurts us against their playing a I-A, but we also played the defending I-AA national champions. Additionally, I think both of those games represent the JMU offense getting off to a slow start. If we rematched either of those teams right now, I think it'd be a different outcome. Not saying we'd beat App State, but we'd certainly give them a much better game.
There's no IF in this part of the equation...we don't get to go back and play those games again. We barely beat Bloomsburg, and we lost to the #1 team in the country, App State. They are what they are. IF UMass and JMU both win out the rest of the season, UMass should get a seed over JMU. But I wouldn't rule JMU out of a lower seed as well if some of the other front-runners out there lose a game or two.

PurpleandGold
October 27th, 2006, 07:08 AM
There's no IF in this part of the equation...we don't get to go back and play those games again. We barely beat Bloomsburg, and we lost to the #1 team in the country, App State. They are what they are. IF UMass and JMU both win out the rest of the season, UMass should get a seed over JMU. But I wouldn't rule JMU out of a lower seed as well if some of the other front-runners out there lose a game or two.

In the end, I very much concur with this assessment, but I also wouldn't consider it outrageous if it went the other way with JMU getting the higher seed. Of course, it may all be moot. We have to focus on what may actually be our toughest game of the season tomorrow.

Dukie95
October 27th, 2006, 07:19 AM

Well, not exactly - the scores of those games aren't relevant. JMU and Navy could have each won by 30.

In this hypothetical, we're discussing which team gets the edge should they both win out. I think scheduling one more D-I tips the scales for UMass.

saint0917
October 27th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Well, not exactly - the scores of those games aren't relevant. JMU and Navy could have each won by 30.

Navy could have beat Umass by 30?? :confused: Did you even see that game? Umass SHOULD have won that game.

HensRock
October 27th, 2006, 08:04 AM
IMO, if both win out both will get seeds.

IMO, you are mistaken.

1 seed will go to each of SoCon, BigSky, Gateway, A10.
(not necessarily the auto's though)

Still plenty of games to be played.

UMass and JMU will not both win out.

ChickenMan
October 27th, 2006, 08:18 AM
UMass has had a very favorable schedule... but they have been very impressive... winning the games they should and winning them big. UMass also played a good Navy team dead even and lost by a point.

JMU looked great vs UNH but... but not so hot vs Bloomsburg and URI in two home games where they needed 4th quarter comebacks to pull out the wins.

All that being said I think it's more likely that both JMU & UMass will get another loss... as opposed to both winning out.

Dukie95
October 27th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Navy could have beat Umass by 30?? :confused: Did you even see that game? Umass SHOULD have won that game.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that Navy was talented enough to have won by that margin, but if they had, it wouldn't change the fact that UMass has an extra D-I on their schedule that JMU doesn't have.

So, with the records being what they are, UMass has an edge because their scheduling was setup better than JMU.

I actually did catch the 4th quarter of the game, and I know you should have one, I was rooting hard for you guys.

JMU2004
October 27th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Lol.....UD wins one big game, and the fans are back!!!

its just too bad that they are right....I hope JMU wins out, but I just don't see it. UR away, UD looking better(if Cuff plays).......Towson and Villanova should be wins, but this is the wild'n'wacky A-10

Tribe4SF
October 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Having seen UMass, I don't see them losing. JMU is very good...UMass is very, very good. They have as much speed as JMU, and are more physical. I don't like UNH's chances against them, and Maine will be overmatched. If they get by Northeastern (which I think they will), they run the table, get the autobid, and a seed.

Stricker46
October 27th, 2006, 09:10 AM
If it's raining heavy, it will come down to who's running game is the strongest and turn overs. NU might have a slight edge knowing the bad spots on the field, but U Mass's coach should know about the bad spots on the field as well. My heart says NU will win, but my brain says U Mass 13 and NU 6 due to bad weather.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
According to the forecast I just watched on New England Cable News it will be raining hard and the wind will be gusting 30-50 MPH. Looks like monsoon ball for:

UMass @ Northeastern
Hofstra @ UNH
Maine @ URI (have all the Lake Meade issues been resolved?)
Lehigh @ Holy Cross
Columbia @ Yale
Harvard @ Dartmouth

Any others?

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 09:34 AM

its just too bad that they are right....I hope JMU wins out, but I just don't see it. UR away, UD looking better(if Cuff plays).......Towson and Villanova should be wins, but this is the wild'n'wacky A-10

Back? After Montana and maybe right now Appy St, I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find a more represented school than UD on these boards. Heck, we still get 22k even when we're not very good so it's hard to see UD as a bunch of fairweather fans.

Oh, and Cuff is by no means a sure thing for JMU - reportedly Cuff will not play against Towson, making that the 4 game in a row he's missed. As it's a high ankle sprain that was hurt in the UNH game and aggravated by a car accident, even if he does play against JMU he certainly won't be anywhere near 100%. I'm sure Lezotte will be breathing a lot better on that news. ;)

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 09:36 AM
According to the forecast I just watched on New England Cable News it will be raining hard and the wind will be gusting 30-50 MPH. Looks like monsoon ball for:

UMass @ Northeastern
Hofstra @ UNH
Maine @ URI (have all the Lake Meade issues been resolved?)
Lehigh @ Holy Cross
Columbia @ Yale
Harvard @ Dartmouth

Any others?

Hard to tell if UD/Towson will be in the rain or not. Weather forecasts all have it pouring heavy during the morning, and some have the rain stopping by the 1PM kickoff. Regardless, the field will be wet and it will be very windy - steady winds a little over 20 mph with wind gusts expected over 40mph - should be a fun Saturday!!!!

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Nice to see JMU fans get ahead of themselves.

Back to present day here: I think this thread will peter itself out by dinner time on Saturday because personally I can't see the Dukes winning in Richmond. With the rain that's supposed to be coming down in the next 24 hours I would think that would further help the straight ahead running attack the Spiders possess. But, that's why they play the games right?

For the record, I agree with the majority of the JMU posters on this thread, if it did play out that way, UMass deserves a seed over JMU.

JMUfan2008
October 27th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Back? After Montana and maybe right now Appy St, I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find a more represented school than UD on these boards. Heck, we still get 22k even when we're not very good so it's hard to see UD as a bunch of fairweather fans.

Oh, and Cuff is by no means a sure thing for JMU - reportedly Cuff will not play against Towson, making that the 4 game in a row he's missed. As it's a high ankle sprain that was hurt in the UNH game and aggravated by a car accident, even if he does play against JMU he certainly won't be anywhere near 100%. I'm sure Lezotte will be breathing a lot better on that news. ;)

I think every JMU fan is breathing a lot better... Cuff is basically the only reason we lost last year so stopping him is key. We just have to worry about the rest of the team that has stepped up now. But you can bet we'll get a nice crowd for the Delaware game at our place, so that should make a little bit of a difference. Homefield advantage keeps getting better for us at Bridgeforth :nod: I wish we had a bigger stadium...at least I know they're working on it...

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Plus your band is worth 7 points. xlolx

JMUfan2008
October 27th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Plus your band is worth 7 points. xlolx

When used to demoralize the other team by playing on their field before, at halftime, and after...yes...they usually are, especially when we play our fight song xlolx

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM
When used to demoralize the other team by playing on their field before, at halftime, and after...yes...they usually are, especially when we play our fight song xlolx

Just curious. If the teams are in the locker room before the game and at halftime, how exactly do they become demoralized?

P.S. Do you guys still have that dumb electric guitar player?

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM

Come on, how demoralizing can the fight song be when it's pretty much a rip off of the "Bugs Bunny Overture" song? Listen to them both - strangely similar. ;)

blukeys
October 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Come on, how demoralizing can the fight song be when it's pretty much a rip off of the "Bugs Bunny Overture" song? Listen to them both - strangely similar. ;)

GF I had never thought of it before but You're right. xlolx xlolx xlolx

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 10:59 AM
GF I had never thought of it before but You're right. xlolx xlolx xlolx

As a fan of cartoons when I was a kid, I remember hearing JMU's fight song for the first time something like 15 years ago and thinking right then - "hey, they ripped off that song from the cartoon!" Yes, it was quite funny.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 27th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I think this thread will peter itself out by dinner time on Saturday because personally I can't see the Dukes winning in Richmond. With the rain that's supposed to be coming down in the next 24 hours I would think that would further help the straight ahead running attack the Spiders possess.

IMO the rain will not hurt either team. With Vaughn and Hightower running for Richmond it won't be a problem. For the Dukes, Banks will be back which will provide a much needed strait-ahead punisher. Both Banks and Holloman will see plenty of screen passes that will just punish defensive back's abilities to cut on a wet turf. Rascati has proven he can throw in rain before, if Coach Durden and Mickey let him do it. (Ex:the mud of Zable Stadium in 2004). It will be a game decided by turnovers and the big play. With Banks, Bolton, and Holloman we have three RB's that have not fumbled this year. I think they will protect the ball while Jordan and Lezotte will create at least one fumble tomorrow.

Saint3333
October 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM
IMO, you are mistaken.

1 seed will go to each of SoCon, BigSky, Gateway, A10.
(not necessarily the auto's though)

Still plenty of games to be played.

UMass and JMU will not both win out.

Either ASU or Furman will have to win out to get a top four seed. There is too much football to be played tomorrow and the next 3 weeks. Right now the top 4 seeds are ASU, Montana, ISU, and UMass, and I wouldn't be surprised if it changed 3 times in the next four weeks...

SunCoastBlueHen
October 27th, 2006, 11:19 AM

xlolx

Overture, curtains, lights,
This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

Tonight what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/7a/320px-BugsBunnyShow.jpg

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 11:54 AM
xlolx xlolx

http://www.jmusports.com/sdc/fightsong.asp

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I didn't know what was meant by the Bugs Bunny overture but by god -that's it. You think Warner Bros would send JMu a cease & desist letter?

JMUfan2008
October 27th, 2006, 12:07 PM
...I mean...really...

this is coming from Delaware fans?? I just listened to your fight song...other than uninspiring, has the song Take Me Out to The Ball Game ever come to mind for you....I think we can all hear the "For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game" part...which is kinda like your season this year...one, two, three losses, you're out (of the playoffs)...

http://www.udel.edu/main/media/fight.mp3

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/ballgame.htm

Just a question...how many times has your fight song been sung probably 30 times in a row at tailgates and bus rides each week? How many people have that song as their ringtone? How many people know the words and yell them at the top of their lungs every chance they get?

You think Michigan would send UD a cease & desist letter about using their uniforms?

SunCoastBlueHen
October 27th, 2006, 12:10 PM
...I mean...really...

this is coming from Delaware fans?? I just listened to your fight song...other than uninspiring, has the song Take Me Out to The Ball Game ever come to mind for you....I think we can all hear the "For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game" part...which is kinda like your season this year...one, two, three losses, you're out (of the playoffs)...

Just a question...how many times has your fight song been sung probably 30 times in a row at tailgates and bus rides each week? How many people have that song as their ringtone? How many people know the words and yell them at the top of their lungs every chance they get?

Take me out to the ballgame?! That's not even close. Nice try Daffy.

AZGrizFan
October 27th, 2006, 12:12 PM
...I mean...really...

You think Michigan would send UD a cease & desist letter about using their uniforms?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JMUfan2008
October 27th, 2006, 12:14 PM
listen to it...the "And then we'll fight! fight! fight! for Delaware,
Fight for the Blue and Gold" has the exact same rhythm/tone as "For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game"

blukeys
October 27th, 2006, 12:16 PM

Know the words and we have sung it at tailgates. Don't know how many times It's been sung since it's been around since the 20's.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 12:17 PM
...I mean...really...

That's the best you can come up with - Take Me Out to the Ballgame? Come on, that's just weak, not to mention not anywhere close to the same melody or beat - you obviously have no musical training whatsoever, correct? The JMU fight song and the Bugs Bunny Overture are as identical as you can get. Poor effort on trying to refute that one! :nono:

As for the omnipresence of the UD fight song, come on, apparently you've not been to a game in Newark (and considering the meager JMU attendance last year at UD that's not a stretch) - people have the song on constant repeat on CD"s all over the lots. The band marches through the tailgates and plays it. The band marches under the stadium through throngs of people and plays it.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 12:21 PM
listen to it...the "And then we'll fight! fight! fight! for Delaware,
Fight for the Blue and Gold" has the exact same rhythm/tone as "For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game"

Dude, how bad of a singer are you? Do you think Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" sounds just like Puccinni's "La Boheme" too? You couldn't have any more different sounding songs, let alone rythym. If that's what passes for musical knowledge in Harrisonburg I dread hearing what passes for a cappella versions of the JMU fight song at the tailgates and busses you seem to talk about.

Maroon&White
October 27th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Take me out to the ballgame?! That's not even close. Nice try Daffy.

I certainly don't hear it:confused:

ChickenMan
October 27th, 2006, 12:23 PM
A new low... arguing over who has the worst 'fight song'... : retard :

JMU2004
October 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM
rough season at UD when all they can talk about is the JMU Fight Song......

maybe next year fellas, maybe next year. Just don't schedule Albany or Northeastern!! :thumbsup: xsmileyclapx xlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
October 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM

maybe next year fellas, maybe next year. Just don't schedule Albany or Northeastern!! :thumbsup: xsmileyclapx xlolx

Ahh! If Omar plays, you'll get to hear a lot of the Delaware Fight Song in Harrisonburg on November 4th. :thumbsup:

ChickenMan
October 27th, 2006, 12:32 PM
maybe next year fellas, maybe next year.

next year...???..... JMU had better worry about next WEEK... :p

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Uh-oh, don't you guys have Coastal Carolina next year???? :o :o :o :o :o :o

saint0917
October 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM
It went from a JMU/Umass thread, to a JMU/UD thread, to a JMU/UD fight song thread. :dizzy:

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 12:54 PM
It went from a JMU/Umass thread, to a JMU/UD thread, to a JMU/UD fight song thread. :dizzy:

You guys weren't holding up your end of the bargain. ;)

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM
We'll have plenty to talk about in eight days.

UMass922
October 27th, 2006, 01:01 PM

Still doesn't top the UNH/Poly thread that somehow turned into a UMass/UD smack thread:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15397

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Still doesn't top the UNH/Poly thread that somehow turned into a UMass/UD smack thread
Agreed, but interesting who starts it...

Richmond is no great shakes, they lost to delaware. xlolx

Hen fans are usually quite content discussing the thread topic, but usually have to endure pot shots by others along the way if they want to stay on target.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Hen fans are usually quite content discussing the thread topic, but usually have to endure pot shots by others along the way if they want to stay on target.

Agreed, such is the price of envy. It's our cross to bear.:rolleyes:

UMass922
October 27th, 2006, 01:15 PM

No argument here. I just try to stay out of it. Too bad other fans of my school can't.

Longhorn
October 27th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Agreed, such is the price of envy. It's our cross to bear.:rolleyes:

xlolx Well, I sure hope UD and JMU can hold up their respective heads this weekend...Keeper's computer model :doh: has both our teams as heavy underdogs against Towson and UR! :confused: Looking forward to a great game (with better weather?) next week. :thumbsup: Hope a super-sized UD crowd will make it down to the game.

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Hope a super-sized UD crowd will make it down to the game.
Unfortunately I wouldn't count on it. IMO it actually has a lot more to do with start time then the record of the Hens.

Longhorn
October 27th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately I wouldn't count on it. IMO it actually has a lot more to do with start time then the record of the Hens.

I guess its the TV guys that moved the game? Sure won't be particularly comfortable playing that late into the evening. Well, if both teams win this weekend perhaps we'll see some additional hardy Bluehen fans committ to making the trip.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, the time will certainly impact the UD crowd coming down. For those of us with families well north of Newark, a 6PM start in Harrisonburg would mean a return home by well past 3AM - just ain't happening. Late starts in VA just rule me out - shame because I was coming for the original 1PM start. Se la vie.

mcveyrl
October 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I agree. A 6PM start time for a November game is ridiculous unless you're on ABC, which, last time I checked, this game is not. It does stink that away fans on the same coast can't make it to the game and back in a reasonable time.

BDKJMU
October 27th, 2006, 04:08 PM
New here. Season ticket holder & Duke Club member the last couple of years. Last couple of years have followed JMU & IAA besides through JMU's website, Daily News Record & Richmond Times but also through Sports Network & I-AA.org. Just stumbled upon this message board a couple of days ago.

I'm making all home games except Bloomsburg and half of away (UNH, Nova, and Towson). Unfortunately can't make the UR tomorrow. I will be at any playoff games within a 12 hr drive.

As far as UMass & JMU both winning out, I highly doubt it will happen. No A-10 team has gone 8-0 in league play since UNH did it in 94', and b/w them, JMU and UMass have 4 league games to still play. At least one of those 8 will likely result in an upset. But in the highly unlikely case both teams did win out, and a couple of the other teams ahead of them lost a game, and JMU and UMass would both likely be in the top 3 to 4 in the polls and in the GPI. Have 2 teams from the same conference ever gotten one of the 4 number one seeds in the last 20 years since IAA went to the 16 team playoff format? I think it should go to the top 4 teams in the polls/GPI, regardless if 2 are from the same conference, but if it can be only one team per conference, them I would agree that UMass would have a slight schedule edge and should get the nod.

JMU99
October 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, the time will certainly impact the UD crowd coming down. For those of us with families well north of Newark, a 6PM start in Harrisonburg would mean a return home by well past 3AM - just ain't happening. Late starts in VA just rule me out - shame because I was coming for the original 1PM start. Se la vie.

What, cant spring some :twocents: :twocents: for a hotel room for the night?
:smiley_wi
GO DUKES!

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 27th, 2006, 08:41 PM
New here. Season ticket holder & Duke Club member the last couple of years. Last couple of years have followed JMU & IAA besides through JMU's website, Daily News Record & Richmond Times but also through Sports Network & I-AA.org. Just stumbled upon this message board a couple of days ago.

I'm making all home games except Bloomsburg and half of away (UNH, Nova, and Towson). Unfortunately can't make the UR tomorrow. I will be at any playoff games within a 12 hr drive.

As far as UMass & JMU both winning out, I highly doubt it will happen. No A-10 team has gone 8-0 in league play since UNH did it in 94', and b/w them, JMU and UMass have 4 league games to still play. At least one of those 8 will likely result in an upset. But in the highly unlikely case both teams did win out, and a couple of the other teams ahead of them lost a game, and JMU and UMass would both likely be in the top 3 to 4 in the polls and in the GPI. Have 2 teams from the same conference ever gotten one of the 4 number one seeds in the last 20 years since IAA went to the 16 team playoff format? I think it should go to the top 4 teams in the polls/GPI, regardless if 2 are from the same conference, but if it can be only one team per conference, them I would agree that UMass would have a slight schedule edge and should get the nod.
Although not impossible, I doubt if both teams win out. I will be at the UR game tomorrow since it's only minutes away. I would love to see JMU win out and play a few home games in the playoffs.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 09:24 PM
What, cant spring some :twocents: :twocents: for a hotel room for the night?
:smiley_wi
GO DUKES!

In my younger days sure, heck, I've been to Harrisonburg about 4 times to watch the Hens (heck, I think we've only played there about 6 times in total) so it's not the principle of it - actually one of the games was a 6PM start or so so I've done that before. But once you introduce young children into the equation, everything becomes more complicated. Plus moving an hour north of where I used to be complicates it further. Don't worry, I'll make the trip again, just not this year.