PDA

View Full Version : Degenerate Gambling Thread EWU vs SHSU

Lehigh'98
July 1st, 2014, 12:21 PM
Only line available thus far EWU -6.5 vs SHSU.

Is this the year EWU takes out years of frustration on SHSU or does history repeat itself? Not sure who is back for Sam, I know EWU should be good on the offensive side of the ball, what are your thoughts?

IBleedYellow
July 1st, 2014, 12:57 PM
EWU kills them.

Sammy94
July 1st, 2014, 01:00 PM
It will be closer then people expect. That is a good line to start. Better put your money on EWU

centennial
July 1st, 2014, 01:13 PM
I am going with SHSU, but EWU will probably win it.

dudeitsaid
July 1st, 2014, 02:48 PM
If this was a middle of the season game with no real national media attention, I would give the game to EWU at home with all we have returning. On paper, I think EWU looks hands down like they should win this game without little doubt.

But with the media attention, and season tone setting implications, etc, I see this more like a rivalry game, where what things look like on paper really don't matter. Both teams will come out to play, and how all of the implications of the game effects each team will be interesting, such as changes in SHSU coaching staff, new players new spots, Keeler's revenge factor, etc. What team will be more in mid-season form? I think EWU's success against OSU last year was partially just that they were more ready. They were more polished, and more up for the game than OSU was.

The danger I see EWU potentially falling into is being a little too confident. I've already heard some of the players chanting "NATTY". And they should have high expectations, based on recent performance. But the games still have to be played.

My prediction, and my hope is that it is a very good, close, dramatic game that shows the world that FCS football is exciting and worth paying closer attention to. As much as I'd love to see the Eagles pound the Bearkats personally, I want the audience watching this game to want to keep the game on till the last moment. I see EWU winning by a last minute score, like we should have in the game against Towsen, but this time VA completes the 4th down pass for the win.

BEAR
July 1st, 2014, 04:04 PM
EWU -14

Nickels
July 1st, 2014, 08:12 PM
EWUs ****ty D folds as usual. They couldn't beat a .500 SLC Kat team last year and they wont beat them this year. Different year, same ol' overrated weak minded **** team. Let's hope EWU at least loses like men with dignity this year and don't start flopping like SFA or a World Cup match again.

Bisonator
July 1st, 2014, 08:14 PM
I've already heard some of the players chanting "NATTY".

Seriously?

I think EWU will win this game.

Red & Black
July 1st, 2014, 08:20 PM
EWU - 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickels
July 1st, 2014, 08:25 PM
Seriously?

I think EWU will win this game.
Gave up 450+ yards a game last year and are talking about a NC. Hilarious.

dudeitsaid
July 1st, 2014, 08:47 PM
Gave up 450+ yards a game last year and are talking about a NC. Hilarious.

Dude, your team has won versus three times. What is up with your inferiority complex? You can't win with dignity, who are you to talk about people losing with it? You talk smack like we are rivals, but were not even in the same conference. Something tells me you've got to puff out your chest about something, so it might as well be this. I know you can't see past your own ignorance, but they aren't the only ones thinking EWU has one of the best shots at winning it all this season. We were one play from making it last year, and this years D will be better, and the offense should be as good or better. What do the Bearkats have to offer? Or would you rather cast down other teams then prop up your own? Man, grow some class.

Red & Black
July 1st, 2014, 08:57 PM
Dude, your team has won versus three times. What is up with your inferiority complex? You can't win with dignity, who are you to talk about people losing with it? You talk smack like we are rivals, but were not even in the same conference. Something tells me you've got to puff out your chest about something, so it might as well be this. I know you can't see past your own ignorance, but they aren't the only ones thinking EWU has one of the best shots at winning it all this season. We were one play from making it last year, and this years D will be better, and the offense should be as good or better. What do the Bearkats have to offer? Or would you rather cast down other teams then prop up your own? Man, grow some class.

I wouldn't waste your time with Pennies.

Nickels
July 1st, 2014, 09:17 PM
EWU fans, the same people who waited for ISU after their team won and then proceeded to throw crap at them and call them monkeys, are talking about class. That's rich.

Clearly it's not a rivalry considering EWU has never won a game against the Kats.

What we offer is a stud RB that had the highest average per rush last season. An improved and more experienced O line that demolished your D for 450 rushing yards & 8.3 per rush last season. A deep and speedy WR core to go along with an actual passing game for once. Our best D lineman/player on D who was injured last season along with our other talented D linemen. An experienced secondary excluding the promising transfers. An excellent kicker. And a coach who's brought the toughest off season, more excitement, and attracted more/better recruits/transfers since I've followed the program.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 2nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Sam Houston is playing Keeler ball now.

EWU by 14.

TheRevSFA
July 2nd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Yeah I gotta give the edge to EWU. New Coach for Sam..new system....It'll be a good one to watch.

Lehigh'98
July 2nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
Sounds like an EWU consensus to cover.

Texas
July 2nd, 2014, 09:40 PM
No idea what we will see but if EWU still has a terrible run D expect Flanders' more than capable replacement to exploit them along with a more experienced OLine. Predicting another shoot out. 4-0

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
July 2nd, 2014, 09:52 PM
No idea what we will see but if EWU still has a terrible run D expect Flanders' more than capable replacement to exploit them along with a more experienced OLine. Predicting another shoot out. 4-0

Did Flanders get drafted?

Texas
July 2nd, 2014, 09:59 PM
Did Flanders get drafted?

No, but he is a Saint. He has been getting some love by some press as well.

Daytripper
July 3rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
EWU is likely to win this game, but I do believe it will be closer than expected. SHSU is very solid in the trenches, so if they can run the ball and contain Adams, they have a chance. EWU - 7

Red & Black
July 3rd, 2014, 09:28 AM

Our run D wasn't stellar last year, but it was more the option type teams that we struggled against (Toledo and Sam). I think it's tougher to prepare for an offense you just don't see a lot of in your own conference. Against more traditional run-first type teams we didn't have as many problems.

I think our LB's and secondary will be improved this year, but I think the big question is depth on the D-Line.

Offense, no concerns there. It will be better than last year, IMO.

Red & Black
July 3rd, 2014, 03:48 PM
Impact players for EWU in their 2014 Debut:

Vernon Adams Jr. (http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/bios/adams_jr._vernon_pea9)
QB
6-0
Jr.

2013: His average of 9.0 yards per offensive play and 10.28 yards per passing attempt were FCS records, as well as his 11 games of 300 yards or more of total offense and 10 outings with at least 300 passing yards. In all, he established 15 school records, six Big Sky Conference marks and six FCS records. Led the nation in pass efficiency at 183.13 and set a Big Sky single-season record (currently fourth all-time in FCS history).
Had a Big Sky and school-record 55 touchdown passes to lead the nation and rank third all-time in FCS.

Cooper Kupp (http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/bios/kupp_cooper_m0wo)
WR
6-2
So.

2013: Had 93 receptions for 1691 yards and 21 TD's. Unanimous selection as the 2013 Jerry Rice Award recipient. "Nough said.

Tevin McDonald (http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/bios/mcdonald_tevin_c10g)
S
5-11
Sr.

2013: Transferred from UCLA where he was a 2-year starter for the Bruines. Had a promising start to 2013, but missed the final six games of the 2013 with a broken leg. If he can stay healthy, he has all the tools to play at the next level. Son of 6-time pro bowler Tim McDonald. Our secondary should also benefit from gaining Arizona State CB Rashad Wadood, who was a projected 2014 starter for the Sun Devils.

Ronnie Hamlin (http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/bios/hamlin_ronnie_ckjl)
LB
6-2
Sr.

2013: Hamlin was granted a medical hardship year (6th year senior) and figures to be amongst the best LB's in the FCS this season. Had 140 total tackles in 2013 and an average of 9.3 per game.

tru
July 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Ewu should win and cover this game

smilo
July 12th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Ewu should win and cover this game

Yeah, I think I have to agree. I'm not even sure if SHSU is a top 25 team right now and if so, they barely squeak in there. I got EWU by 17. 6.5 was way to small of a starting spread. Should've been 9 or 9.5

tru
July 12th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Revenge from lastyears loss at shsu, new head coach for shsu, a lot of key starters lost also. Recipe for a ewu blow out.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 12th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Revenge from lastyears loss at shsu, new head coach for shsu, a lot of key starters lost also. Recipe for a ewu blow out.

This. I'd put the house on that line. That's like printing money.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 12th, 2014, 09:03 AM
This. I'd put the house on that line. That's like printing money.

This here.

EWU is going to bitch-slap SHSU.

centennial
July 12th, 2014, 12:47 PM
This here.

EWU is going to bitch-slap SHSU.
I would like SHSU to win but EWU should win easily. The only concern for EWU is that they could put too much pressure on themselves and start making mistakes. SHSU doesn't have a lot to lose(new coach and losing some players to graduation), they should play to win. Silently lurking on the SHSU site, their posters think this years team should be as good as last years.

Screamin_Eagle174
July 12th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I would like SHSU to win but EWU should win easily. The only concern for EWU is that they could put too much pressure on themselves and start making mistakes. SHSU doesn't have a lot to lose(new coach and losing some players to graduation), they should play to win. Silently lurking on the SHSU site, their posters think this years team should be as good as last years.
I couldn't expect any less from them; their national prominence is more fleeting than Halley's Comet. They'll disappear for another 75 years after 2014's train wreck.

Texas
July 12th, 2014, 07:18 PM
I couldn't expect any less from them; their national prominence is more fleeting than Halley's Comet. They'll disappear for another 75 years after 2014's train wreck.

That train cruised right through EWU. 3-0

NoDak 4 Ever
July 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120402225423/random-ness/images/3/34/Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gifhttp://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/227169i6165B99218F75ACB/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/11/116066/2283684-Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gifhttp://cdn.styleforum.net/0/0b/350x165px-0b464c89_tumblr_lvo2835OOi1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

Red & Black
July 13th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Anything can happen the first game of the season. But for now I'm sticking with EWU -10. Just too big a game to lose at home.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Screaming Eagle, was this you?!!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYjzTGHOOeE

Screamin_Eagle174
July 13th, 2014, 03:38 PM
That train cruised right through EWU. 3-0
You must be confusing that train with the one currently being run on your mom. Aug 23rd will be a 3-score blowout of the barek*nts.

http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/fcsspringconf.htm

EWU returns almost all offensive production from last year, going up against a SHSU defense that lost nearly all of it's LB production, and half of it's DL and DB production. And of course the kant offense lost all of it's QB and RB production, to go along with half of the WR production. Ouch.

Texas
July 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Counting down the days for your disappearance mid game. Took a while before you started posting here again.

tru
July 13th, 2014, 07:02 PM
5dimes now has eastern Washington -5, down from -6.5

in fcs games week 1 lastyear they had funny ass line moves, but still don't like it dropped.

Sammy94
July 14th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Revenge from lastyears loss at shsu,

I've heard this one before.

SHSU defense that lost nearly all of it's LB production, and half of it's DL and DB production. And of course the kant offense lost all of it's QB and RB production, to go along with half of the WR production. Ouch.

LB and QB are concerns of mine but Keeler, yes Keeler, turned away 6 big schools QBs looking to transfer over so he must see something left in the arsenal. WR and DL will be better, RB and DB will be about the same. Kats may lose by 10 but this game will be far from a blowout. I like the fact there is plenty of film on Adams and EWU but who knows what the Kats will bring to Cheney?

smilo
July 14th, 2014, 10:29 AM
That makes me a little nervous but also makes me want to bet an even larger amount. Can you imagine EWU winning by less than 6? I truly cannot. An OT game ending in a period where SHSU gets the ball first is slightly possible if EWU plays too conservatively, but they'll be firing on offense. This season is their big chance.

tru
July 14th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I've heard this one before.

LB and QB are concerns of mine but Keeler, yes Keeler, turned away 6 big schools QBs looking to transfer over so he must see something left in the arsenal. WR and DL will be better, RB and DB will be about the same. Kats may lose by 10 but this game will be far from a blowout. I like the fact there is plenty of film on Adams and EWU but who knows what the Kats will bring to Cheney?

in sports this happens alot, remove tha being a fan of shsu. Revenge happens alot when talent returns. If tables were turned I would be sayin tha same for shsu. Shsu lost many key players, downgrade at coach at ewu, it has tha recipe for disaster. As long as ewu wins by 7 or more I'm happy. I'm a contrarian, so I honestly hate seein all tha ewu love

Sammy94
July 14th, 2014, 10:49 AM
in sports this happens alot,

No doubt but EWU has said this the last 2 games. I just find it funny.

I really wouldn't bet against EWU in this one either but I would be shocked if its a blowout. The Kats and Keeler will show up in Cheney ready to play as they both have a lot to prove to people and this one is on ESPN so they couldn't of asked for a better scenario.

813Jag
July 14th, 2014, 10:52 AM
You must be confusing that train with the one currently being run on your mom. Aug 23rd will be a 3-score blowout of the barek*nts.

http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/fcsspringconf.htm

EWU returns almost all offensive production from last year, going up against a SHSU defense that lost nearly all of it's LB production, and half of it's DL and DB production. And of course the kant offense lost all of it's QB and RB production, to go along with half of the WR production. Ouch.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/agape.gif

tomq04
July 14th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I think that 6.5 point favorite seems pretty fair for EWU, I don't have any doubts that SHSU won't be playing all out. Wouldn't be shocked by a TD in the last minute to break the tie and cover.

Bisonoline
July 14th, 2014, 07:23 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/agape.gif

Yep another classy post by the screaming beagle.

tomq04
July 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Yep another classy post by the screaming beagle.

What a legend

Nickels
July 16th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Maybe Beagle/Ruger will stay the entire game this year instead of taking the walk of shame at halftime again...

Red & Black
July 17th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Maybe Beagle/Ruger will stay the entire game this year instead of taking the walk of shame at halftime again...

I'll be on here either way, just like I was last year.

tru
July 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Ewu now up to -7 at 5dimes

Red & Black
July 28th, 2014, 07:39 PM
That line looks about right. Can't wait. xthumbsupx

Red & Black
August 23rd, 2014, 07:04 PM
Counting down the days for your disappearance mid game. Took a while before you started posting here again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk Ahem.

Texas
August 23rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
Ahem.

That was aimed for Beagle but I can admit defeat and unlike him I'm not going anywhere win or loss.

Red & Black
August 23rd, 2014, 07:19 PM
That was aimed for Beagle but I can admit defeat and unlike him I'm not going anywhere win or loss.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using TapatalkGood on ya. I'd have done the same. Unlike Pennies.

tru
August 23rd, 2014, 08:06 PM

xsmiley_wix