PDA

View Full Version : Fordham Has 15 Class of '15 Verbals

JoltinJoe
June 30th, 2014, 03:23 PM
It's June 30th and Fordham has already 15 Class of '15 recruits who given verbals to the Rams. Many of these recruits were being offered by FBS teams, and all of them had FBS teams recruiting them.

Lombardi would be Ram proud.

CFBfan
June 30th, 2014, 03:54 PM
It's June 30th and Fordham has already 15 Class of '15 recruits who given verbals to the Rams. Many of these recruits were being offered by FBS teams, and all of them had FBS teams recruiting them.

Lombardi would be Ram proud.

enjoy the moorehead years while you can, he won't be there very much longer.....

Professor Chaos
June 30th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Color me skeptical about there being that many and having many of them with standing FBS offers but good for Fordham if that's the case. One thing I've found in following recruiting on an FCS level is that high school recruits and their coaches like to equate interest with offers when asked about who else is recruiting them.

JoltinJoe
June 30th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Color me skeptical about there being that many and having many of them with standing FBS offers but good for Fordham if that's the case. One thing I've found in following recruiting on an FCS level is that high school recruits and their coaches like to equate interest with offers when asked about who else is recruiting them.

These verbals are being reported on Twitter by the kids themselves. I have seen many of the tweets, and the kids have been distinguishing between recruiting and actual offers.

And so did I. I said "many" actually had FBS offers, and all of them were involved with FBS recruiting.

BTW, eight announced on Twitter simultaneously today.

Gater
June 30th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Good for Fordham. They were decisive about what they wanted from their football program and are reaping the rewards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 30th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Still a lot of time in the recruiting game until the signature is made. Those FBS offers could become even more enticing with big years. Plus injuries are always part of the game. I'll be interested to seehow many of these 15 actually make it to Fordham.

Either way, Moorhead knows talent....

RichH2
June 30th, 2014, 05:46 PM
The click is ticking on Moorhead,ala Higgins,Clawson,Lembo .
The 15 number is correct by my count. 3 verbals is the next highest verbal count in PL. Moorhead is an excellent coach and recruiter. Kudos to Fordham.

JoltinJoe
June 30th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Still a lot of time in the recruiting game until the signature is made. Those FBS offers could become even more enticing with big years. Plus injuries are always part of the game. I'll be interested to seehow many of these 15 actually make it to Fordham.

Very true. Still would rather have the verbals than not have the verbals.

JoltinJoe
June 30th, 2014, 06:26 PM
The click is ticking on Moorhead,ala Higgins,Clawson,Lembo .
The 15 number is correct by my count. 3 verbals is the next highest verbal count in PL. Moorhead is an excellent coach and recruiter. Kudos to Fordham.
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that a PL job is still a stepping stone to a "higher" FCS program. The PL with scholarships is going to be, hopefully, a formidable league at the top of the FCS.

Clawson jumped to Richmond because it gave scholarships and played in the CAA. With scholarships, however, PL teams might become national contenders. I think they will.

The other thing: Moorhead is a Fordham graduate. He might hang there a bit longer out of loyalty.

If a FBS offer came along, though, that's different. But I see the PL holding on to its coaches longer in the future.

Pard4Life
June 30th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Or, maybe that these verbals are from players who are not that good and jumped at the first offer they got? :D

RichH2
June 30th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that a PL job is still a stepping stone to a "higher" FCS program. The PL with scholarships is going to be, hopefully, a formidable league at the top of the FCS.

Clawson jumped to Richmond because it gave scholarships and played in the CAA. With scholarships, however, PL teams might become national contenders. I think they will.

The other thing: Moorhead is a Fordham graduate. He might hang there a bit longer out of loyalty.

If a FBS offer came along, though, that's different. But I see the PL holding on to its coaches longer in the future.
It would be nice Joe but unfortunately we are still an FCS conference with an AI ,no redshirting and 60 max on schollies. We are not a destination for many. Some like Biddle and Whitehead . Those are the only 2 that come to mind. Our changes make us more competitive but not a power FCS conference.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 30th, 2014, 08:49 PM
It would be nice Joe but unfortunately we are still an FCS conference with an AI ,no redshirting and 60 max on schollies. We are not a destination for many. Some like Biddle and Whitehead . Those are the only 2 that come to mind. Our changes make us more competitive but not a power FCS conference.

Tavani and Coen don't appear to be headed anywhere. I have to believe Coen has had a couple options. Richmond seemed to have interest in him when they hired Rocco.

Gilmore had options to leave. Now, imo, he's coaching for his job at HC....

RichH2
June 30th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Tom in tough spot agreed. Andy has had a bunch of feelers over the years. Perhaps you're right. Key for him will be how he navigates the next 2. years with new staff,young players and no Ceech.

Go...gate
June 30th, 2014, 10:12 PM

Whitehead, like Dunlap, was a hell of a coach for the Engineers.

LeopardBall10
July 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Tavani and Coen don't appear to be headed anywhere. I have to believe Coen has had a couple options.
Its hilarious that everyone understands that Frank is not going anywhere, and no one else has ever really wanted him.

DFW HOYA
July 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM
It's perfectly fine that coaches want to settle. They don't all have to jump at the next offer. Look at the basketball coaches that made up the original Big East:

John Thompson (Georgetown): retired there after 27 seasons as a coach
Jim Boeheim (Syracuse): retiring there, someday...
Lou Carnesecca (St. John's): retired there after 24 seasons as a college coach (3 in ABA)
Bill Raftery (Seton Hall): retired there after 27 seasons as a coach
Dom Perno (Connecticut); retired there after 9 seasons as a coach
Gary Walters (PC): retired there after 10 seasons as a coach (later AD at Princeton)
Tom Davis (BC): left for Stanford, 1986

Lehigh Football Nation
July 1st, 2014, 01:45 PM
When UConn fires yet another football head coach, Moorhead will be the first guy they call.

Bogus Megapardus
July 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
You can bet that Lafayette alums are going to be salivating over how many they steal from Ivy, not from FBS.

Bogus Megapardus
July 2nd, 2014, 03:40 PM
When UConn fires yet another football head coach, Moorhead will be the first guy they call.

I agree with JoltinJoe that Moorhead might well stick around in the Bronx given his Fordham ties. He'll need some Lafayette/Lehigh style facilities, though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 2nd, 2014, 03:41 PM
Rich posted a 3* QB commit on the LU board. I'm a little skeptical since his FBS offers were from Akron, Umass and FIU. Those are literally the worst of theworst when it comes to FBS. His profile reminds me of HC's McBeath. Something doesn't add up...

RichH2
July 2nd, 2014, 04:06 PM
owl
Watch his video . Impressive.
As to McBeath, I am not skeptical. He is a beast even at 210.

Bogus Megapardus
July 2nd, 2014, 06:22 PM
owl
Watch his video . Impressive.
As to McBeath, I am not skeptical. He is a beast even at 210.

All of us ought to fear McBeath. He's the real deal. Reminds me of Blake Costanzo. I wish we'd got him.

RichH2
July 2nd, 2014, 06:42 PM
All of us ought to fear McBeath. He's the real deal. Reminds me of Blake Costanzo. I wish we'd got him.
Absolutely. Blake was a guy you feared ( and disliked intensely :)). McBeath is already that good.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 2nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Absolutely. Blake was a guy you feared ( and disliked intensely :)). McBeath is already that good.

Why did he only receive offers from the very bottom of FBS? I find it odd that a guy who's believed to be this good couldn't draw interest from even a middling FBS program. Likewise with LU QB. The truth falls somewhere in between imo.....

RichH2
July 2nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
McBeath had well over a dozen offers and interest from many more. Like Mayes he verballed early and interst slacked off. When UMASS hired new coach offer pulled and very late in recruiting process for any other FBS offers. Mayes had interest from UCF,FSU and Fla, from performance at Elite combine in Orlando. Mayes stated in interview that he wanted a small academic college similar to Berkeley Prep. Lehigh fit what he wanted so he committed immediately to focus on his senior year. Does that make him a stat. Nope,not yet. Most of the best LU QBs were never rated by anyone. Still a major coup for Andy and staff.

Bogus Megapardus
July 2nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
Why did he only receive offers from the very bottom of FBS? I find it odd that a guy who's believed to be this good couldn't draw interest from even a middling FBS program. Likewise with LU QB. The truth falls somewhere in between imo.....

Perhaps so; Costanzo was a bit undersized but has as attitude that won't quit. Now entering his eighth year in the NFL, Blake has long since silenced his critics. McBeath just seems to me to be a kid cut from the same cloth.

RichH2
July 3rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
The point,perhaps obscured a bit, is the impact of schollies for PL. Not a magic wand but it is changing PL recruiting much more than I anticipated. Small sample so far. Do wonder what 2. more years will produce.

AmsterBison
July 3rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
That is a lot of verbals!

Is there a list someplace?

RichH2
July 3rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
There is a thread on Fordham board which has all the verbals. Perhaps Joe or ram could post it here for all to see. :)

DFW HOYA
July 3rd, 2014, 12:16 PM
The point,perhaps obscured a bit, is the impact of schollies for PL. Not a magic wand but it is changing PL recruiting much more than I anticipated. Small sample so far. Do wonder what 2. more years will produce.

Don't underestimate the boomerang effect-fewer early commits likely for Georgetown as prospects wait for a full ride offer from the other schools.

Bill
July 3rd, 2014, 03:41 PM

I'm searching hard for both a Shakespearian and Seinfeld reference here....but can't pull it off!!

Bogus Megapardus
July 3rd, 2014, 09:01 PM
I'm searching hard for both a Shakespearian and Seinfeld reference here....but can't pull it off!!

Sort of a mimetic snobbery tie-in . . . or an in-your-face perspicaciousness defining both the Bard and the Pard . . . we'll think of something, Bill.

Bogus Megapardus
July 3rd, 2014, 09:10 PM
That is a lot of verbals!

Is there a list someplace?

Here are the links to the two recruiting threads on the Fordham Board. You have to scroll down to find the 2015 recruits because the threads were started a couple of years ago.

http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4027.0.html

http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4280.0.html

RichH2
July 5th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Appears Rams added more. We all have work to do.

DFW HOYA
July 5th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Fordham recruit who chose the Rams over Georgetown and Bucknell. Lives 20 miles north of Georgetown:

"It’s an up-and-coming program....Top 10 in football, top 10 business school and it’s in the middle of the Bronx. New York City’s right there. I never really experienced any big city living, so I figured it’d be a good experience for me.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2014/07/03/old-mill-olb-noah-fitzgerald-finds-his-fit-at-fordham/

Bogus Megapardus
July 5th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Appears Rams added more. We all have work to do.

But . . . but . . . we beat them last season!   xbangx xbangx  xbangx

I tell ya, we get no respect.   http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w45/bbuVnFU4j19wN5gtUwHU3xzODGH.jpg

RichH2
July 5th, 2014, 07:12 PM
But . . . but . . . we beat them last season!   xbangx xbangx  xbangx

I tell ya, we get no respect.   http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w45/bbuVnFU4j19wN5gtUwHU3xzODGH.jpg
Nope 😄😄😄

Bogus Megapardus
July 5th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Nope

This thread is trying to make it seem as if beating Fordham this season is more important than who wins L-L #150. Everyone ought to be reminded to keep their eye on the brass ring here. xwhistlex

RichH2
July 5th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Valid point Bogie. We should go to their board and castigate them severely for their effrontery of being a top 5 team this coming year.

van
July 5th, 2014, 10:00 PM
effrontery? really Rich, you trying to give engineers a bad name?

ngineer
July 5th, 2014, 10:30 PM
enjoy the moorehead years while you can, he won't be there very much longer.....

Well, who wouldn't want 'Moorhead'???

Bogus Megapardus
July 6th, 2014, 12:13 AM
effrontery? really Rich, you trying to give engineers a bad name?

Rich is just effronting. Somewhat castigatically, I would imagine . . . xcoolx

Bogus Megapardus
July 6th, 2014, 12:24 AM

Depends upon who's offering.   http://m4.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/stn/87/03/Img6700387_stn.jpg   Hiya, Kate!

CFBfan
July 6th, 2014, 07:55 AM

well played ngineer!

RichH2
July 6th, 2014, 08:25 AM
:):) Ah well typing at any time not my forte,after midnight, the result a bit obvious. Yes, it s/b affrontery. I will. effort better proofreading in future. :)

McNeese72
July 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Verbals are only as good as the paper they are written on........oh, wait.. :)

Lehigh'98
July 6th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Fordham can have their 2-3 yrs in the sun, they will be caught and neutered soon enough. It ain't your dad's Fordham, but it's still Fordham.

Bogus Megapardus
July 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Fordham can have their 2-3 yrs in the sun, they will be caught and neutered soon enough. It ain't your dad's Fordham, but it's still Fordham.

No more feeling badly for a struggling Rams program. They've gone from being the pursuer to the pursuee. Hopefully their fans can take the heat!

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 6th, 2014, 05:02 PM
No more feeling badly for a struggling Rams program. They've gone from being the pursuer to the pursuee. Hopefully their fans can take the heat!

Do you think they entered 2003 with more momentum? The triplets of Eakin, Dudley and Watson beat A10 champs Northeastern in the playoffs before falling to 'Nova in hard fought game. They were preseason #9 iirc.....

This year most of the focus seems to be around Nebrich...

Lehigh'98
July 6th, 2014, 05:55 PM
They were very good back den, but again, it wasn't sustained. I expect a top 10 finish out of them this yr, to be overshaded by a certain rivalry game. Boo hoo for da 4 dumb Rambs

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 6th, 2014, 07:02 PM
They were very good back den, but again, it wasn't sustained. I expect a top 10 finish out of them this yr, to be overshaded by a certain rivalry game. Boo hoo for da 4 dumb Rambs

They did make the playoffs in 2007 which showed some ability to keep it going. Their 4 playoff appearances in the last 12 years is as many as Lehigh. Their bad though has been REAL bad...

Ultimately, facilities, administration and Moorhead moving on will hurt their ability to be at the top of the league every year imo.