PDA

View Full Version : To my Big South brethren

CSU BUCS
October 25th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Why do they not post the Football Coaches Teleconference on the Big South web site every week? What’s going on? Does anyone know?

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2006, 06:24 PM
im not sure but the big south needs to get with it. They need to start broadcasting the football games on the net like some of the other big confrences, i know their small but my god. It took them 1 month and 2 weeks to respond to a email asking about the big south edge program.

http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2290

theres a link from the coastal site talking about it. aparently they like to mis label their files.

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I needed to reaccess the call last week and it was posted online. It was Thursday when I checked.

rokamortis
October 26th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Over the last month, they have been sporadic at best posting the files. Before last week they have missed the previous 2 weeks. But our friend I-AAScribe has the connections to find out why.

If the Big South wants to be treated like a 'big boy' conference they need to be reliable.

CSUBUCDAD
October 26th, 2006, 06:59 AM
im not sure but the big south needs to get with it. They need to start broadcasting the football games on the net like some of the other big confrences, i know their small but my god. It took them 1 month and 2 weeks to respond to a email asking about the big south edge program.

http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2290

theres a link from the coastal site talking about it. aparently they like to mis label their files.

CSU is broadcast the game on the net every week. You can get the broadcast here:
http://csusports.athleticsite.com/webcast.asp

Sly Fox
October 26th, 2006, 08:02 AM
I believe every team in the league does an audio stream. Thena again, it seems every high school in America does one these days.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I don't know of any high schools in South Carolina that audio stream every game.

BestOfBreed
October 26th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I don't know of any high schools in South Carolina that audio stream every game.

Most of the Spartanburg County schools have live streaming audio for their games.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Wow I'm out of date. Do you have any links? I'm from the upstate and I would love to listen to some upstate games on friday nights. The football down here just isn't as good.

BestOfBreed
October 26th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Wow I'm out of date. Do you have any links? I'm from the upstate and I would love to listen to some upstate games on friday nights. The football down here just isn't as good.

Most teams are on teamline. Just type in the school name.
http://www.teamline.cc/

Byrnes:
http://www.wgwg.org/

CCU97
October 26th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Buc, If you are still in Charleston there are actually some very good teams down there....just a list of the top 20 teams in 4A...

1. Summerville
2. Gaffney
3. Byrnes
4. Stratford
5. Ridge View
6. Clover
7. Spring Valley
8. Irmo
9. Aiken
10. Greenwood
11. Sumter
12. T.L. Hanna
13. Dutch Fork
14. Dorman
15. Spartanburg
16. Conway
17. Fort Dorchester
18. Goose Creek
19. York
20. Westside

I would say 4 teams in the very immediate area isn't too bad....and doesn't include 1,2,or 3 A teams like...

3A
7. Timberland
14. North Charleston

2A
8. Manning
12. Hanahan

Just to name a few...So HS football isn't too bad in that area....isn't what you are probably used to though....a lot of smash mouth football....run it at you and through you type of stuff...

I mean to say that the football isn't as good is a wrong assumption...different maybe! You have a coach in your immediate area that is the winningest coach of all-time...not just in SC...not just in HS...but any division of footbal from HS-Pros....

The upstate has some great teams...I'll give you that....but Charleston...not the lower state...has just as many in the immediate area....

CSUBUCDAD
October 26th, 2006, 02:13 PM
4 teams that are within 15 miles of each other are in the top 20. Damn, that is 1/5th of the teams in the top twenty in the same metropolitan area. I'd say that is some pretty tough football.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Yes, I’ve been to several Summerville, Stratford, Berkeley, and Goose Creek games. They aren’t bad at all. The 3A ball around is not the greatest. The big schools down here are also the only ones that pull somewhat of a crowd.

I guess the atmosphere is what I miss the most. In the upstate it’s town against town. People live in there towns their whole lives so it gets kind of crazy sometimes. With Stratford, Summerville, and Goose Creek for example there’s no clear lines and people move in and out and around Charleston all the time. There’s no deep rooted rivalries.

We used to joke around and say the lower state championship was to see who would get to loose to the upstate in Columbia.

25% of South Carolina’s BIG 16 schools are in the Charleston area.

BTW
Here’s a good SC high school football message board if you would ever like to check it out. www.scpigskinprep.com

Dabnus Brickey
October 27th, 2006, 06:19 AM
...and 2A Hanahan is playing against their arch-rival Bishop England tonight for the region title. Both teams throw it a lot and its going to pour down rain.

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Did Hanahan use to be 3A?
I was thinking about going to the Fort D. and summerville game tonight........
but with the rain I don't know.

CCU97
October 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
yes....Hanahan was 3A at one point and dropped down due to size. Depends on what type of ball you like.....although Summerville and Ft. D can mix it up pretty well (run v pass). And there will be many more people at that game.