PDA

View Full Version : Non-returning underclassmen/ Roster changes

BEAR
June 24th, 2014, 11:32 AM
The team rosters are fluid this time of year. Summer classes usually help struggling athletes. Other times players leave for other reasons whether personal or professional.

Look at your teams roster from last year and compare it to this year and see what underclassmen, non-seniors or whatever, are not on that roster currently that were on there last year.

Here's a breakdown of what I found. All of these were NOT seniors last year. Maybe all or some may be back on that roster later. Who knows.

QB Trey Shucker
OL Matthew Pearce
LB Zach Bush
LB Armani Phillips
LB Ty Parsons
LB tony Brutofsky
OL Earl Ross Downs
RB Danziel Williams
TE Thomas Hart
WR Deonta Baker

Who are you missing? xeyebrowx

MplsBison
June 24th, 2014, 11:56 AM
There's always some fallout between spring and fall that internet message board fans aren't necessary privy to until fall camp starts up.

NDSU will lose a few like they always do, but usually they're not the two deep.

It doesn't surprise me when a guy who contributes on special teams but doesn't see the field otherwise leaves the program if he's from outside the upper midwest region. We've had plenty of those in the past.

BEAR
June 24th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Looking at our roster, I see the coaching staff as Redshirted everyone at or below the sophomore level. Some are listed as sophomores but there are no "freshman" listed. Is this typical for what coaches do until they get their recruits in? I'd figure minus those players who are hurt, those freshmen would be classified as sophomores. But there are many variables that cause a player to be a redshirt.

http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?path=football

citdog
June 24th, 2014, 12:40 PM
At The Citadel they focus on who they ARE. Not who they are NOT.