PDA

View Full Version : Superdome officials clarify stance on Grambling's future in Bayou Classic

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Superdome managers are now clarifying their earlier statements about Grambling's future in the classic.

"Commissioner Bruno essentially was saying, guys lets refocus our attention on the Bayou Classic and lets dedicate our resources to do everything we possibly can to make this event successful," said Superdome GM Alan Freeman.

He also said the classic is truly one of the great traditions in college football.

"There's never, ever been any consideration of changing the match-up for this game," said Freeman. "As a matter of fact, you would be crazy to so because over the 40-year history, their 20 and 20."

"It's not a lack of interest," said Malbrew. "If that was the case, NBC would not have renewed this tradition for several more years."

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Superdome-Commission-Clarifies-Gramblings-Future-In-Bayou-Classic-263903501.html

centennial
June 19th, 2014, 07:42 PM
All of the sudden it seems like SWAC is the best FCS football conference. You could have easily updated the thread already made.

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
All of the sudden it seems like SWAC is the best FCS football conference. You could have easily updated the thread already made.

I know,figured I'd give you guys something else to degrade,but you're welcome to move it.

centennial
June 19th, 2014, 08:02 PM
I know,figured I'd give you guys something else to degrade,but you're welcome to move it.
Oh, so now we are degrading your great conference? How about you actually put out a product that is not an embarrassment to watch? Your schools spend at a D-II level, put out a worst in FCS product and expect people to keep mum? Perhaps some introspection is in order.

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Oh, so now we are degrading your great conference? How about you actually put out a product that is not an embarrassment to watch? Your schools spend at a D-II level, put out a worst in FCS product and expect people to keep mum? Perhaps some introspection is in order.

Perhaps your sorry ass need to get a life, than you wouldn't have to troll looking for one.

Case in point, the thread is about two rivals not any conference.

clenz
June 19th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Indiana State would **** stomp the SWAN and I'm on record with the fact i believe they are the worst HWCU that offers scholarships at the D1 level

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

number1
June 19th, 2014, 10:53 PM

You could have easily not opened the thread too.

number1
June 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Indiana State would **** stomp the SWAN and I'm on record with the fact i believe they are the worst HWCU that offers scholarships at the D1 level

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

As long as our fans continue supporting our programs, we keep winning games, and we stay out of financial problems, then everything is good with me. All this hate because we choose to do what we feel is best for our school and opt out of participating in the playoffs makes no sense. If we can't compete with Sam Houston and North Dakota State on the football, that is our problem, not anyone elses.

ASU33
June 20th, 2014, 07:28 AM
You could have easily not opened the thread too.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

clenz
June 20th, 2014, 08:38 AM
As long as our fans continue supporting our programs, we keep winning games, and we stay out of financial problems, then everything is good with me. All this hate because we choose to do what we feel is best for our school and opt out of participating in the playoffs makes no sense. If we can't compete with Sam Houston and North Dakota State on the football, that is our problem, not anyone elses.
The issue I have with all of this isn't that you don't want to play in the playoffs and do what's "best" for the schools.

It's the self imposed segregation that SWAC schools are imposing on themselves from non-HBCUs and then the way that they play the victim card when things aren't perfectly rosy for them saying that it's the APR's fault which was put in place by a white man to keep the HBCUs down or that non-HBCU's make them feel segregated by scheduling, or now allowing playoffs with all of their classics and title game.

It's the general attitude and arrogance of it all followed immediately by the "world is against us" attitude that many seem to have and that the schools seem to ingrain in the students and fan base. The "us vs the world" mentality.

It's also not competing with NDSU, Montana, EWU, UNI, SHSU. It's that I'm not sure the HBCUs would compete with the Indiana State, Idaho State, Northern Colorado, Nicholls State, and Pioneers of the FCS

BluBengal07
June 20th, 2014, 09:33 AM
The issue I have with all of this isn't that you don't want to play in the playoffs and do what's "best" for the schools.

It's the self imposed segregation that SWAC schools are imposing on themselves from non-HBCUs and then the way that they play the victim card when things aren't perfectly rosy for them saying that it's the APR's fault which was put in place by a white man to keep the HBCUs down or that non-HBCU's make them feel segregated by scheduling, or now allowing playoffs with all of their classics and title game.

It's the general attitude and arrogance of it all followed immediately by the "world is against us" attitude that many seem to have and that the schools seem to ingrain in the students and fan base. The "us vs the world" mentality.

It's also not competing with NDSU, Montana, EWU, UNI, SHSU. It's that I'm not sure the HBCUs would compete with the Indiana State, Idaho State, Northern Colorado, Nicholls State, and Pioneers of the FCS

that was of personal option and perception because not all HBCUs are the same in every aspect today. there was a time when the points you're responding to was collective. times are changing. there are HBCUs who are looking outside of the expected. however, i speak for my university, not others...there is strong evidence of growth and progress in all aspects of the university. Athletics is the final frontier of great gains and some of fruit is already being seen. #TheeILove

IBleedYellow
June 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
.....Why'd this have to become and instant piss on SWAC thread?

:(

SWAC, just come play in the playoffs before you want to talk **** to the rest of the FCS.

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM

So...in other words....it was okay to tell HBCU's that they HAD to play a separate and unequal schedule and exist in a separate and unequal world, and - suddenly - it's now okay to tell them that they can't exist in a separate and unequal world and that they must do away with the historical relationships they built when we told them that they COULDN'T play on our fields and - further - that they MUST participate in the playoffs and they must integrate into the main stream...because it fits with what we want?

I'm glad you've got it all figured out. What other sorts of steppin and fetchin do you want them to do?

Also, why don't Ivy League threads devolve into PWCs telling the Ivies what they MUST do??

813Jag
June 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM
.....Why'd this have to become and instant piss on SWAC thread?

:(

SWAC, just come play in the playoffs before you want to talk **** to the rest of the FCS.

who's talking **** about the rest of FCS?xconfusedx Reading the original thread which wasn't started by a SWAC fan had no **** talk by anyone.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 20th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Also, why don't Ivy League threads devolve into PWCs telling the Ivies what they MUST do??

I've been trying to force things in this direction for more than a decade now. But they don't get far because after you run head-on into a brick wall often enough, you have to stop. Change won't come about until the gajillionares who comprise the Ivy League presidents either come to their senses, or they hand off the torch to sensible people.

lionsrking2
June 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Superdome-Commission-Clarifies-Gramblings-Future-In-Bayou-Classic-263903501.html

Thanks for the post Blue Dog, much appreciated!

3rd Coast Tiger
June 20th, 2014, 11:16 AM
So...in other words....it was okay to tell HBCU's that they HAD to play a separate and unequal schedule and exist in a separate and unequal world, and - suddenly - it's now okay to tell them that they can't exist in a separate and unequal world and that they must do away with the historical relationships they built when we told them that they COULDN'T play on our fields and - further - that they MUST participate in the playoffs and they must integrate into the main stream...because it fits with what we want?

I'm glad you've got it all figured out. What other sorts of steppin and fetchin do you want them to do?

I'm glad you (a non HBCU poster) put it this way because had an HBCU poster did it would have been a plethora of dissertations in response.

clenz
June 20th, 2014, 11:47 AM

Did I say it was okay to force them to be separate?

I'll wait for an answer on that one. I have a feeling I'll be waiting on that.

Hell I said...direct quote

I'm perfectly fine with that - just as I am with the Ivy not wanting to participate - even though I disagree with their "reasoning".

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Did I say it was okay to force them to be separate?

I'll wait for an answer on that one. I have a feeling I'll be waiting on that.

Hell I said...direct quote

I'm perfectly fine with that - just as I am with the Ivy not wanting to participate - even though I disagree with their "reasoning".

So for generations, they were forced to play a separate and unequal schedule, but NOW, you want them to severe traditional and historical ties and fully integrate.

What else would they have to do to make you happy and win your approval?

TheRevSFA
June 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
So for generations, they were forced to play a separate and unequal schedule, but NOW, you want them to severe traditional and historical ties and fully integrate.

What else would they have to do to make you happy and win your approval?

Why shouldn't they integrate? Do you want them to stay separate from FCS and only play us at out of conference games and not have a shot at the post season and a championship?

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Listen, it doesn't matter what I want. What I want is of no moment...When it comes to HBCU football, I think the point is (or at least it SHOULD be) that the HBCU's are the only opinions that matter with regard to what format HBCU football takes and what direction it heads..

Individually, black players aren't relegated to ONLY playing at HBCUs. Integration is pretty much complete when it comes to the desires of the individual. When it comes to the desires of institutions that were borne out of an exclusionary necessity, I think those desires relfect the institutions historical and cultural makeup. I don't think the PWC voice is relevant in deciding what, institutionally, HBCU's decide to do...

In other words, I don't think it's appropriate to spend decades saying, "You can't play in our exclusive club" then reverse gears and say, "you can't play in YOUR own exclusive club"...

Self-determination is a great thing, ya know?

NoDak 4 Ever
June 20th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Listen, it doesn't matter what I want. What I want is of no moment...When it comes to HBCU football, I think the point is (or at least it SHOULD be) that the HBCU's are the only opinions that matter with regard to what format HBCU football takes and what direction it heads..

Individually, black players aren't relegated to ONLY playing at HBCUs. Integration is pretty much complete when it comes to the desires of the individual. When it comes to the desires of institutions that were borne out of an exclusionary necessity, I think those desires relfect the institutions historical and cultural makeup. I don't think the PWC voice is relevant in deciding what, institutionally, HBCU's decide to do...

In other words, I don't think it's appropriate to spend decades saying, "You can't play in our exclusive club" then reverse gears and say, "you can't play in YOUR own exclusive club"...

Institutions can keep doing whatever they want. There are plenty of competitive schools in the actual FCS that we don't really need to worry about these schools that choose not to participate. The SWAC can continue being the OOC patsy for a power team.

What they cannot do is complain about how they are viewed in the larger picture.

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Institutions can keep doing whatever they want. There are plenty of competitive schools in the actual FCS that we don't really need to worry about these schools that choose not to participate. The SWAC can continue being the OOC patsy for a power team.

What they cannot do is complain about how they are viewed in the larger picture.

That's pretty hilarious, coming from you, who complains about the way you're perceived and treated, despite douche-ish behaviour on countless threads....

I'll give you this...it's entertaining, kinda like watching a reality show. "The Real Househusbands of Lawrence, Kansas!" ;)

TheRevSFA
June 20th, 2014, 01:22 PM

Separate but unequal? Got it

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Separate but unequal? Got it

So you're saying they should drop the traditions and relationships forged when - institutinally - they couldn't play on the same fields as PWCs? Why must you insist on HBCU compliance with your views on what they should do??

Panther88
June 20th, 2014, 01:40 PM
So you're saying they should drop the traditions and relationships forged when - institutinally - they couldn't play on the same fields as PWCs? Why must you insist on HBCU compliance with your views on what they should do??

I think the good reverent wants HBCUs to succeed. He secretly pulls for PVAMU to succeed IC and OOC as does poster Nickels. Good job, guys.

centennial
June 20th, 2014, 01:47 PM

No one has told them to stop playing each other. Any games at the time of FCS playoffs can be moved or adjusted to better times. Nothing wrong with suggesting that they should participate. Same goes for the ivies.

TheRevSFA
June 20th, 2014, 01:59 PM
No one has told them to stop playing each other. Any games at the time of FCS playoffs can be moved or adjusted to better times. Nothing wrong with suggesting that they should participate. Same goes for the ivies.

Exactly. Who said they had to change conferences? Who said they had to not play classics? You can adjust the playoffs around those to ALLOW the SWAC and the Ivies the opportunity to participate. Are they not FCS football institutions? WHy not allow them the same chance as the other schools for post season success?

and Panther, I do actually root for the SWAC to succeed.

FPC, do you think the MEAC should abandon the playoffs then and be with their SWAC breathren?

bluedog
June 20th, 2014, 02:23 PM
who's talking **** about the rest of FCS?xconfusedx Reading the original thread which wasn't started by a SWAC fan had no **** talk by anyone.

You're going to continue to be confused, if you're trying to rationalize a certain group of posters on this board.

They've been doing the same thing since the original conception of this board, it's like trying to talk to the tea party, after taking one online course of SWAC football (watching it on BET reruns) all of a sudden they're SWAC constitutional experts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

clenz
June 20th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Exactly. Who said they had to change conferences? Who said they had to not play classics? You can adjust the playoffs around those to ALLOW the SWAC and the Ivies the opportunity to participate. Are they not FCS football institutions? WHy not allow them the same chance as the other schools for post season success?

and Panther, I do actually root for the SWAC to succeed.

FPC, do you think the MEAC should abandon the playoffs then and be with their SWAC breathren?
Exactly this.

My issue, as I stated, is the mentality that they use at this point.

They want to be included but don't want to play by the rules of being included. They want to be seen as equal but don't want to accept the same rules. The mentality of "us vs the world" that they radiate off from each other - see ANY discussion about APR and the SWAC the last couple months.

I don't give a damn if they don't want the playoffs and would rather have classics. I don't give a damn if they only want to play HBCU only.

If they want to be equal with everyone then fine. However, then when they get treated like equals they need to stop being bitchy when they get called on it.

bluedog
June 20th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Exactly this.

My issue, as I stated, is the mentality that they use at this point.

They want to be included

Obviously not since the SWAC CHOOSE not to participate in the playoffs.

but don't want to play by the rules of being included.

The rules gives one an option to participate or not

They want to be seen as equal but don't want to accept the same rules.

A very warp sense of the importance of ones opinion,the sign of a suicidal mind.

The mentality of "us vs the world" that they radiate off from each other - see ANY discussion about APR and the SWAC the last couple months.

Again, A very warp sense of the importance of ones opinion.

I don't give a damn if they don't want the playoffs and would rather have classics. I don't give a damn if they only want to play HBCU only.

But you're wearing out keyboards every chance you get, to type something degrading about the SWAC (even when it has nothing to do with the SWAC, i.e. this thread)

Again, the sign of a suicidal mind.

If they want to be equal with everyone then fine. However, then when they get treated like equals they need to stop being bitchy when they get called on it.

This is a perfect example of tea party mentality, making things up as they go and rationalizing the stupidity of it. "WE KNOW WHAT'S BEST, SO DO WHAT WE SAY, BECAUSE WE'RE RIGHT, AND IF NOT, YOU'RE NOT WORTHY".

DISCLAIMER: We know this doesn't apply to the Ivies, but that's okay, because we can't pretend that we're smarter than they are.

MplsBison
June 20th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I've been trying to force things in this direction for more than a decade now. But they don't get far because after you run head-on into a brick wall often enough, you have to stop. Change won't come about until the gajillionares who comprise the Ivy League presidents either come to their senses, or they hand off the torch to sensible people.

And become like Stanford. That would be sensible.

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 05:28 PM

I don't have an opinion on MEAC participation in the playoffs. If that's what they, as a conference want to do, more power to them. If they want to skip the playoffs, it's their prerogative...

Having said that, I honestly believe that if the HBCUs aren't going to participate in the playoffs, they'd be better served going FBS, but that's just me....Same withe the Ivies...although, you could make the argument that the Ivies would be equally served by dropping down to Division III, since they're academically focused.....

MplsBison
June 20th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I don't have an opinion on MEAC participation in the playoffs. If that's what they, as a conference want to do, more power to them. If they want to skip the playoffs, it's their prerogative...

Having said that, I honestly believe that if the HBCUs aren't going to participate in the playoffs, they'd be better served going FBS, but that's just me....Same withe the Ivies...although, you could make the argument that the Ivies would be equally served by dropping down to Division III, since they're academically focused.....

I'd like to see the Ivies in DIII football and the HBCU's that don't want to spend the money in DII football with Tuskeegee, etc. SWAC can take those that want to contain costs, MEAC can take those who want to spend.

citdog
June 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM
This is a perfect example of tea party mentality, making things up as they go and rationalizing the stupidity of it. "WE KNOW WHAT'S BEST, SO DO WHAT WE SAY, BECAUSE WE'RE RIGHT, AND IF NOT, YOU'RE NOT WORTHY.

DISCLAIMER: We know this doesn't apply to the Ivies, but that's okay, because we can't pretend that we're smarter than they are.

Why are you obsessed with the Tea Party? That's the second time in as many posts you have used it. I think it's a CODE WORD for you. The Tea Party is for less taxes, less government, fewer handouts, and fiscal responsibility. Perhaps it's time you just said what you mean and quit using these CODE WORDS.

bluedog
June 20th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Why are you obsessed with the Tea Party? That's the second time in as many posts you have used it. I think it's a CODE WORD for you. The Tea Party is for less taxes, less government, fewer handouts, and fiscal responsibility. Perhaps it's time you just said what you mean and quit using these CODE WORDS.

Here, maybe this will help.

This is a perfect example of tea party mentality, making things up as they go and rationalizing the stupidity of it. "WE KNOW WHAT'S BEST, SO DO WHAT WE SAY, BECAUSE WE'RE RIGHT, AND IF NOT, YOU'RE NOT WORTHY".

and just in case you missed it.....

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/bluedog_su/social-media-metrics-for-dummies_zps6afb7392.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/bluedog_su/media/social-media-metrics-for-dummies_zps6afb7392.jpg.html)

and just in case it still didn't sink in....

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/bluedog_su/MAXX/Pictures/SANFORD.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/bluedog_su/media/MAXX/Pictures/SANFORD.jpg.html)

citdog
June 20th, 2014, 08:40 PM

and just in case you missed it.....

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/bluedog_su/social-media-metrics-for-dummies_zps6afb7392.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/bluedog_su/media/social-media-metrics-for-dummies_zps6afb7392.jpg.html)

and just in case it still didn't sink in....

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/bluedog_su/MAXX/Pictures/SANFORD.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/bluedog_su/media/MAXX/Pictures/SANFORD.jpg.html)

So you're for higher taxes, more government, more handouts, and fiscal irresponsibility? Seems legit.

centennial
June 20th, 2014, 09:08 PM
So you're for higher taxes, more government, more handouts, and fiscal irresponsibility? Seems legit.
He clearly writes things he doesn't understand. Add to that much used keywords that he keeps on repeating. The sad thing is, he isn't fooling anyone. There isn't one intelligent argument that I have seen from him. Arguing for the sake of arguing is not a sign of intelligence.

bluedog
June 20th, 2014, 09:42 PM

Yeah, after speaking with your parents, I was convince that's the way to go.

McNeese75
June 20th, 2014, 10:55 PM
He clearly writes things he doesn't understand. Add to that much used keywords that he keeps on repeating. The sad thing is, he isn't fooling anyone. There isn't one intelligent argument that I have seen from him. Arguing for the sake of arguing is not a sign of intelligence.

THIS!!!! xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
June 20th, 2014, 10:56 PM

Truth!!!

citdog
June 20th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah, after speaking with your parents, I was convince that's the way to go.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Super-Troopers-Farva-Shenanigans.png
"I'm not even gonna dignify myself with a response to that."

bluedog
June 20th, 2014, 11:38 PM

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/bluedog_su/excuses-for-dummies1_zps80534fc4.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/bluedog_su/media/excuses-for-dummies1_zps80534fc4.jpg.html)

Bisonoline
June 21st, 2014, 12:33 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/bluedog_su/excuses-for-dummies1_zps80534fc4.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/user/bluedog_su/media/excuses-for-dummies1_zps80534fc4.jpg.html)

xcoffeex

centennial
June 21st, 2014, 01:02 PM
The irony.

bluedog
June 22nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
The irony.

Wow! It took you a whole day to come up with that?

You really need to catch up on your reading.

centennial
June 22nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Wow! It took you a whole day to come up with that?

You really need to catch up on your reading.

If that makes you happy.

FormerPokeCenter
June 22nd, 2014, 12:45 PM
C-c-c-can't we all j-j-just get along??