PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh on ESPNews today at 3:05 pm (link)

GOTOREROS
October 25th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Your favorite coach will be on ESPN today boys....:D

"USD head football coach Jim Harbaugh will be a guest on ESPNews this afternoon at 3:05 p.m. (PT) with a live talkback with host David Lloyd. San Diego, with a perfect record of 7-0 and 15-game winning streak, moved up to a program-best No. 20 ranking in the I-AA polls this week. USD ranks first in eight I-AA statistical categories, including total offense (510.6 yards per game), scoring offense (46.0) and scoring defense (7.9). The Toreros will be gunning for their 18th straight home win this Saturday when they host PFL foe Morehead State in a 4:05 p.m. contest. Junior QB Josh Johnson, a "Payton Watch" candidate, will be a guest on XX Sports Radio (1090 AM/105.7 FM) tonight at 8:35 p.m. with host John Kentera. Since the start of last season, Johnson is 18-1 directing the Torero offense."

website link: http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102506aaa.html

GOTOREROS

Guard Dawg
October 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
This is not good for the Old Guard.... non-scholarship programs should not be getting this much press. ESPN should be featuring a team from the East Coast.

UMass922
October 25th, 2006, 12:42 PM
This is not good for the Old Guard.... non-scholarship programs should not be getting this much press. ESPN should be featuring a team from the East Coast.

We are shaking in our collective boots.

AppGuy04
October 25th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Bet he doesn't mention their cupcake schedule

GOTOREROS
October 25th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Tune in to find out! :D

GOTOREROS

putter
October 25th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Hey lets hope that he give some good press to I-AA and not disrespect the rest of the top 25 by saying USD can beat 1/2 of them again. Represent your division with professionalism and passion..:nod:

ASU Kep
October 25th, 2006, 01:13 PM

I guarantee he won't use those words. xlolx

AppGuy04
October 25th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I guarantee he won't use those words. xlolx

and why not? thats what it is:nod:

RobsPics
October 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah the Old Guard will not like this one!

89Hen
October 25th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Tune in to find out! :D

GOTOREROS
:confused: I thought you were banned here?

ASU Kep
October 25th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah the Old Guard will not like this one!

This "Old Guard" stuff is getting pretty old...

GOTOREROS
October 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM
:confused: I thought you were banned here?

Like the Gridiron Classic, adjustments were made and the commish re-instated me.....:D

"Upon further review....."

GOTOREROS

blur2005
October 25th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Great...just what I-AA needs, publicity from San Diego...hope Harbaugh gets a question about his schedule...wait, who am I kidding, ESPN doesn't know crap about I-AA, which is the explanation for why San Diego got props in the media release for this interview.

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Be on your guard folks... this is where Harbaugh goes on air saying San Diego has suspended habeus corpus and the Torreros are officially dictator for life of the U.S.... don't let him near that microphone ESPN!

danefan
October 25th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Lets get real folks. San Diego Coach Jim Harbaugh is not getting this interview.

Former NFL Quarterback Jim Harbaugh is getting interviewed.

The focus is not on IAA football, it will be on an ex-NFL QB who is just beginning his coaching career.

AppGuy04
October 25th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Lets get real folks. San Diego Coach Jim Harbaugh is not getting this interview.

The focus is not on IAA football, it will be on an ex-NFL QB who is just beginning his coaching career.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
This is an interview for a better job IMO

UMass922
October 25th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Bingo.

GOTOREROS
October 25th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Bingo.

Harbaugh played in the NFL?????????????? ;)

GOTOREROS

danefan
October 25th, 2006, 02:27 PM

I bet the San Diego SID didn't even set it up! haha

UNHWILDCATS05
October 25th, 2006, 02:36 PM

You nailed it xsmileyclapx

GOTOREROS
October 25th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Yes, the USD SID probably didn't set it up but so what? San Diego is still getting publicity that a lot of I-AA schools are not. Yeah, he may be gone after this year but the press we are getting is still worth it.....I'm sure you would all love your football coach to be on ESPN, USATODAY, etc...

You have to remember that most people have no idea what I-AA football is and when they see him on TV they will assocaite it as GREAT PR for San Diego. Most people who don't follow football like you all do probably think he is great. We may all know what "non-scholly" really means but the vast public proabably has no clue....

I just hope he doesn't challenge USC to a game this Sunday....xlolx

GOTOREROS

BigApp
October 25th, 2006, 03:14 PM
http://www.shopfoodex.com/catalog/images/oldclasic6_213082658.jpg
http://www.theessentials.com/images/us/local/products/thumb/1048_th.jpg

grizband
October 25th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, the USD SID probably didn't set it up but so what? San Diego is still getting publicity that a lot of I-AA schools are not. Yeah, he may be gone after this year but the press we are getting is still worth it.....I'm sure you would all love your football coach to be on ESPN, USATODAY, etc...

You have to remember that most people have no idea what I-AA football is and when they see him on TV they will assocaite it as GREAT PR for San Diego. Most people who don't follow football like you all do probably think he is great. We may all know what "non-scholly" really means but the vast public proabably has no clue....

GOTOREROS
I would be envious, except my school has played on ESPN (3 times in 2004), and been a story in USA Today twice. I can't wait for the USD/UC Davis game, not because I hope Davis wins, but because we will truly know what we have on our hands in San Diego.

UNHFan99
October 26th, 2006, 06:22 AM
.....I'm sure you would all love your football coach to be on ESPN, USATODAY, etc...

Coach Mac has been on ESPNNews "The Hotlist" this year and CSTV has been to Durham this year for a feature on our program. Let alone the full page USA today article on Dave Ball and Ricky Santos. Sports Illustrated also did a full page article on Dave Ball too.

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2006, 07:33 AM

GOTOREROS

Rose colored glasses my friend. Your coach is practically interviewing for a better job IN SEASON and you are still defending him:confused: :rolleyes:

mcveyrl
October 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
NEWSFLASH

Harbaugh Signs Three Year Deal at Miami (FL)!!

Will cure discipline problems by threatening to take away scholarships.

"I have no doubt, because of past experience, that I can coach a non-scholarship team to be the best in the country. In fact, I may try to get the entire USD team to transfer to 'the U.' It will be a vastly superior team.":D

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Rose colored glasses my friend. Your coach is practically interviewing for a better job IN SEASON and you are still defending him:confused: :rolleyes:

So with your logic IF you ever had a junior player on your team who was good enough to go pro early you would bad mouth him and not cheer him on each week as the player racked up huge numbers each week. And when this player said he would look at the NFL draft you would disown him.....yeah right. :rolleyes:

Looks like serious sour grapes in this thread.....just becuase the vast majority of America does not know who your collective coaches are don't feel the need to rip on San Diego because Harbaugh is in USATODAY, ESPN, etc....:rolleyes:

Yes, Harbaugh could be gone after this year. But so what? Should San Diego fans not go to games, wear USD colors, and root the team on? Harbaugh is our coach and we must support him - other than saying he would like to coach a Super Bowl team, he talked about San Diego and his staff and players for much of the interview. Dave Adolph, Josh Johnson.......you can try to spin it the interview if you want, but it makes you all look like jealous women....xlolx

GOTOREROS

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a good interview. Nice pub for I-AA.xsmileyclapx

kardplayer
October 26th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Did anyone see the interview? What was the discussion?

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM
So with your logic IF you ever had a junior player on your team who was good enough to go pro early you would bad mouth him and not cheer him on each week as the player racked up huge numbers each week. And when this player said he would look at the NFL draft you would disown him.....yeah right. :rolleyes:

Looks like serious sour grapes in this thread.....just becuase the vast majority of America does not know who your collective coaches are don't feel the need to rip on San Diego because Harbaugh is in USATODAY, ESPN, etc....:rolleyes:

Yes, Harbaugh could be gone after this year. But so what? Should San Diego fans not go to games, wear USD colors, and root the team on? Harbaugh is our coach and we must support him - other than saying he would like to coach a Super Bowl team, he talked about San Diego and his staff and players for much of the interview. Dave Adolph, Josh Johnson.......you can try to spin it the interview if you want, but it makes you all look like jealous women....xlolx

GOTOREROS

If anything, your coach has become infamous in I-AA this year. Our coach however is very well respected

blukeys
October 26th, 2006, 12:18 PM

GOTOREROS

Thanks for pointing out the reasons most on this board object to Harbaugh's blatant self promotion. Yes, most of the general public is woefully ignorant about I-AA football. And if Harbaugh used his considerable publicity prowess to honestly educate those who have "no clue" about the sub-division many on here would be more receptive. But he does not do that.

Instead, he resorts to the worst hucksterism in promoting himself and continues to use the public's ignorance to promote his playoff agenda. I had a positive view of Harbaugh and his program prior to this year.

No more.

usdtoreros
October 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for pointing out the reasons most on this board object to Harbaugh's blatant self promotion. Yes, most of the general public is woefully ignorant about I-AA football. And if Harbaugh used his considerable publicity prowess to honestly educate those who have "no clue" about the sub-division many on here would be more receptive. But he does not do that.

Instead, he resorts to the worst hucksterism in promoting himself and continues to use the public's ignorance to promote his playoff agenda. I had a positive view of Harbaugh and his program prior to this year.

No more.

Do you really expect him to come out and say, "Well, we play non-scholarship football at USD and a non-scholarship team has never made the playoffs, so we really don't expect to get a bid?"

His goal is to get to the playoffs this year (while we know we have a good team). Who knows if our team will ever be this good again, especially if Harbaugh and Johnson leave. That is way all the USD people want to get into the playoffs so bad this year. Yes, we could start scheduling up, but we won't have the same players to play those harder schedules. It is much harder to consistantly have a good team without scholarships.

putter
October 26th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Do you really expect him to come out and say, "Well, we play non-scholarship football at USD and a non-scholarship team has never made the playoffs, so we really don't expect to get a bid?"

His goal is to get to the playoffs this year (while we know we have a good team). Who knows if our team will ever be this good again, especially if Harbaugh and Johnson leave. That is way all the USD people want to get into the playoffs so bad this year. Yes, we could start scheduling up, but we won't have the same players to play those harder schedules. It is much harder to consistantly have a good team without scholarships.

Which is why I think Harbaugh should be politicing your AD and school to step up to the table and take having a football team seriously. Once that happens your school will make strides, with or without, Harbaugh. He has set the wheels in motion for making USD a football school and you should enjoy and promote all the publicity you are getting but don't make the mistake of letting it stop there.

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM

No more.

Please provide quotes from his interview yesterday that were out of line or disrespectdul. This thread is about his interview on ESPN yesterday - I am not here to argue about prior statements. He has said some stupid things in the past - but if you watched the interview he was very respectful and pumped up San Diego big time. Harbaugh wants to talk about HIS team and HIS players, and HIS coaches. Why should he talk about App. St. or JMU, or someone else? The guy only has about 5 minutes on air, so why wouldn't he talk about USD? :rolleyes: You want Harbaugh to do YOUR coaches job as well - that is hilarious. xlolx

Is he on ESPN because of his NFL career? Sure, but why is that a bad thing? Kids around the country saw a coach who is personable, intelligent, and high -profile, plus its 75 degrees and sunny with sailboats in the backdrop. Yeah,l what bad press and what a bad image for USD. You may very well have the greatest coach alive at ASU but no one outside the die-hard I-AA fans probably know who he is.

I'll take Harbaugh everyday of the week - because he is a good coach and he gets publicity. Why should USD fans be upset about Harbaugh - we get pub in USATODAY, ESPN, Jim Rome show, etc. People across the nation have heard the same, if not more, about USD than ASU the past three years. I am not talking about the die-hard I-AA fans but the millions, and millions of people who already know the Harbaugh name and now know about the University of San Diego Toreros and what a GREAT school we have..

And when Harbaugh is replaced by either Jack Harbaugh, Dave Adolph, or Ted Tollner I will still feel great about the quality of our staff. Just my opinion...you are certainly entitled to yours. xcoffeex

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Which is why I think Harbaugh should be politicing your AD and school to step up to the table and take having a football team seriously. Once that happens your school will make strides, with or without, Harbaugh. He has set the wheels in motion for making USD a football school and you should enjoy and promote all the publicity you are getting but don't make the mistake of letting it stop there.

Well said - and I think that is SLOWLY happening here at USD. You have to start somewhere and that fact USD is on ESPN, USATODAY, Jim Rome etc. is a great starting point....

GOTOREROS

October 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
... And when Harbaugh is replaced by either Jack Harbaugh, Dave Adolph, or Ted Tollner I will still feel great about the quality of our staff...as well you should if that should occur!

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Wow, aren't we pessimistic. Guess after this year USD will just fall off the map

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Wow, aren't we pessimistic. Guess after this year USD will just fall off the map

It could happen....like I said I am a realist!

GOTOREROS

blukeys
October 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM

No but he He could acknowledge the difficulty of the task and acknowledge the non scolly distinction. This would in no way reflect poorly on his program and would be accurate and informative. It could also explain to the USD community and the public at large why USD might not be considered this year.
Now if his goal is to promote a public relations blitz that obscures the facts and tries to develop a groudswell for a playoff bid then he is doing that quite well.

His goal is to get to the playoffs this year (while we know we have a good team). Who knows if our team will ever be this good again, especially if Harbaugh and Johnson leave. That is way all the USD people want to get into the playoffs so bad this year. .

You seem to be saying that USD should be offered a bid because this is going to be their best team in a while. Shouldn't bids go to teams most likely to win a National Championship?

Yes, we could start scheduling up, but we won't have the same players to play those harder schedules. It is much harder to consistantly have a good team without scholarships.

Harbaugh was quoted last year that he wanted playoff participation. He was also interviewed on Waves early this year saying the same thing I don't understand why he did not take the steps for better competition in that time. There were even threads on this board about teams wanting a game. Maine Jeff was working harder to get games then the Maine AD.

We certainly know USD is not adverse to breaking existing contracts.

RobsPics
October 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Too many playa haters!!!

All of I-AA should be happy about this!

AppGuy04
October 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Too many playa haters!!!

Nope, we are just "realists" as the USD guys like to say

blukeys
October 26th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Please provide quotes from his interview yesterday that were out of line or disrespectdul. This thread is about his interview on ESPN yesterday - I am not here to argue about prior statements. He has said some stupid things in the past - but if you watched the interview he was very respectful and pumped up San Diego big time.

LMAO

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For you of all people to insist that only the narrowest interpretation of the thread topic should be allowed for posting is the funniest thing I have ever read. Your posts are all over the place. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I specifically quoted you and responded to something you said. Just as you did right here.

Like the Gridiron Classic, adjustments were made and the commish re-instated me.....:D

"Upon further review....."

GOTOREROS
Where is the talk about the Harbaugh interview here????????

I also Never said he said anything disresspectful or out of line at any time in my post.

Please take those reading comprehension classes I'm sure your school must offer. I do agree with you that he has said stupid things in the past. Naturally, that colors one's judgements.

Harbaugh wants to talk about HIS team and HIS players, and HIS coaches. Why should he talk about App. St. or JMU, or someone else? The guy only has about 5 minutes on air, so why wouldn't he talk about USD? :rolleyes: You want Harbaugh to do YOUR coaches job as well - that is hilarious. xlolx

Never said he did have to talk about any other team. I said in an earlier post he could be more accurate and informative. If he wants to throw in that there are many great teams In I-AA and that will make getting a playoff slot difficult without naming names that works for me.

Yeah,l what bad press and what a bad image for USD. You may very well have the greatest coach alive at ASU but no one outside the die-hard I-AA fans probably know who he is.

I'll take Harbaugh everyday of the week - because he is a good coach and he gets publicity. Why should USD fans be upset about Harbaugh - we get pub in USATODAY, ESPN, Jim Rome show, etc. People across the nation have heard the same, if not more, about USD than ASU the past three years. I am not talking about the die-hard I-AA fans but the millions, and millions of people who already know the Harbaugh name and now know about the University of San Diego Toreros and what a GREAT school we have..

And when Harbaugh is replaced by either Jack Harbaugh, Dave Adolph, or Ted Tollner I will still feel great about the quality of our staff. Just my opinion...you are certainly entitled to yours. xcoffeex

GOTOREROS

I really don't recall saying anything about Coach Moore or ASU. (Please take those reading comprehension classes) But since you brought up ASU, (A topic not covered by the title of this thread I might add.) I would rather be the quality Coach of a National Champion then someone who tries to promote his team as being great by misleading the uninformed through a publicity blitz.

Hey, but that's only my opinion.

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Too many playa haters!!!

Well said! Maybe blukeys could listen to a non-USD fan and gain some perspective instead of "hating".....:rolleyes:

Some of you guys kill me with your envy!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM
LMAO

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For you of all people to insist that only the narrowest interpretation of the thread topic should be allowed for posting is the funniest thing I have ever read. Your posts are all over the place. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I specifically quoted you and responded to something you said. Just as you did right here.

Where is the talk about the Harbaugh interview here????????

I also Never said he said anything disresspectful or out of line at any time in my post.

Please take those reading comprehension classes I'm sure your school must offer. I do agree with you that he has said stupid things in the past. Naturally, that colors one's judgements.

Never said he did have to talk about any other team. I said in an earlier post he could be more accurate and informative. If he wants to throw in that there are many great teams In I-AA and that will make getting a playoff slot difficult without naming names that works for me.

I really don't recall saying anything about Coach Moore or ASU. (Please take those reading comprehension classes) But since you brought up ASU, (A topic not covered by the title of this thread I might add.) I would rather be the quality Coach of a National Champion then someone who tries to promote his team as being great by misleading the uninformed through a publicity blitz.

Learn to quote - I said App. St or JMU....with respect to the talk of I-AA in general terms.......here's the quote from me:

"Why should he talk about App. St. or JMU, or someone else?"

I used those two schools because they have actually won a National title recently........try not to read something into a quote that isn't there. You're the one twisting quotes....xlolx My reference is towards two schools that are at the height of I-AA football....a larger discussion of I-AA football might include those two schools right?

Please show me where Harbaugh was innacurate in the ESPN interview? Or can't you....:rolleyes:

And what did he say yesterday that was "misleading the uninformed"? You crack me up buddy - thanks for the laughs!

Use an actual quote to refute something dealing with his interview if you could....

GOTOREROS

TheCoach
October 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I'm curious, how many scholarships does the Patriot League have? Having coached in the league I know the answer. I also know that when the league was given an automatic bid there were similar grumblings that they did not belong. Suddenly they went from a conference with one auto bid to a conf that was also receiving at large bids. And didn't one of their teams make it to the finals? I know it's impossible to imagine that USD could win a playoff game the same way it's impossible to imagine UNH beating Northwestern or Mighty Georgia Southern from the Mighty Southern Conf losing to a NEC team. This is the same kind of elitism that exists with the BCS and the limited inclusion of schools from the non "power conferences." If you're so sure USD would lose line up and play them and find out. As long as they exist under the I-AA umbrella they deserve to compete for the I-AA National Championship. And it's funny how all these comments exist on a site called Any Given Saturday.

ToreroTime
October 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I'm curious, how many scholarships does the Patriot League have? Having coached in the league I know the answer. I also know that when the league was given an automatic bid there were similar grumblings that they did not belong. Suddenly they went from a conference with one auto bid to a conf that was also receiving at large bids. And didn't one of their teams make it to the finals? I know it's impossible to imagine that USD could win a playoff game the same way it's impossible to imagine UNH beating Northwestern or Mighty Georgia Southern from the Mighty Southern Conf losing to a NEC team. This is the same kind of elitism that exists with the BCS and the limited inclusion of schools from the non "power conferences." If you're so sure USD would lose line up and play them and find out. As long as they exist under the I-AA umbrella they deserve to compete for the I-AA National Championship. And it's funny how all these comments exist on a site called Any Given Saturday.

More true words have never been spoken!

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2006, 06:33 PM

OK, Mr. Harbaugh. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mountaineer
October 26th, 2006, 06:34 PM
OK, Mr. Harbaugh. xlolx xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

blukeys..you da man!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

GOTOREROS
October 26th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Mr. Harbaugh - even I am laughing now. Thanks for the leveity all! :D

GOTOREROS

TheCoach
October 26th, 2006, 06:41 PM
That's Coach Harbaugh to you.

BigApp
October 26th, 2006, 08:41 PM
This is the same kind of elitism that exists with the BCS and the limited inclusion of schools from the non "power conferences." If you're so sure USD would lose line up and play them and find out. As long as they exist under the I-AA umbrella they deserve to compete for the I-AA National Championship.

Coach, they (San Diego) were asked to play at least one "power conference" school. They (San Diego) refused.xcoffeex

GreenDay17
October 26th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Coach, they (San Diego) were asked to play at least one "power conference" school. They (San Diego) refused.xcoffeex

No different than if Portland State gets left out because they chose to schedule 3 1A's, USD should not complain if they get left out for scheduling nobody.

TonkaBison
October 26th, 2006, 09:55 PM
This has been really entertaining to read through! :nod: I will be a SD believer if and when they beat Davis. Hopefully I can pull the game up on my computer on November 25th and kick back with a couple of cold ones!:beerchug:

blukeys
October 26th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Learn to quote - I said App. St or JMU....with respect to the talk of I-AA in general terms.......here's the quote from me:

"Why should he talk about App. St. or JMU, or someone else?"

I used those two schools because they have actually won a National title recently........try not to read something into a quote that isn't there. You're the one twisting quotes....xlolx My reference is towards two schools that are at the height of I-AA football....a larger discussion of I-AA football might include those two schools right?

Please show me where Harbaugh was innacurate in the ESPN interview? Or can't you....:rolleyes:

And what did he say yesterday that was "misleading the uninformed"? You crack me up buddy - thanks for the laughs!

Use an actual quote to refute something dealing with his interview if you could....

GOTOREROS

Learn to READ. Your critique was of the wrong quote. This was your post I was responding to.

Yeah,l what bad press and what a bad image for USD. You may very well have the greatest coach alive at ASU but no one outside the die-hard I-AA fans probably know who he is.
I'll take Harbaugh everyday of the week - because he is a good coach and he gets publicity. Why should USD fans be upset about Harbaugh - we get pub in USATODAY, ESPN, Jim Rome show, etc. People across the nation have heard the same, if not more, about USD than ASU the past three years. I am not talking about the die-hard I-AA fans but the millions, and millions of people who already know the Harbaugh name .................

I responded:

It appears that you have problems dealing with posts having multiple quotes. I will keep things simpler in the future and do take that reading comprehension course.

You must have been one of the fans Coulson was referring to in his recent column.

Congratulations!!! You are getting famous as well.

UNHFan99
October 27th, 2006, 06:27 AM
The problem is every year some random team with a weak schedule makes an argument for the playoffs. Last year it was Hampton. This board blows up with posters from their school never to be heard from again after they dont make the playoffs or get blown out in them.

nmatsen
October 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM
The problem is every year some random team with a weak schedule makes an argument for the playoffs. Last year it was Hampton. This board blows up with posters from their school never to be heard from again after they dont make the playoffs or get blown out in them.

The problem here is with publicity, people now associate I-AA with San Diego which is nothing more than a glorified D-III program instead of real I-AA football like App St, GA Southern, Montana, etc...

spelunker64
October 27th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah, nice bickering, but what did Harbaugh say...

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 08:55 AM

He said "We are undefeated against St mary's women's Colleges, all 7 of them, so please someone give me a better job. Hey, Shalala, I can throw a puch and swing a helmet with the best of em. Come on, gimme a chance. I know I sucked in the NFL but I'm really a good coach. I can call people out that we don't even play, and I can demand playoff games that we don't deserve. I would fit right in at Miami."

GOTOREROS
October 27th, 2006, 09:06 AM
The problem here is with publicity, people now associate I-AA with San Diego which is nothing more than a glorified D-III program instead of real I-AA football like App St, GA Southern, Montana, etc...

Now I know why BCS schools make fun of I-AA schools - nice logic. Ever think that is the same slam they use on you?:rolleyes:

GOTOREROS

GOTOREROS
October 27th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Learn to READ. Your critique was of the wrong quote. This was your post I was responding to.

I responded:

It appears that you have problems dealing with posts having multiple quotes. I will keep things simpler in the future and do take that reading comprehension course.

You must have been one of the fans Coulson was referring to in his recent column.

Congratulations!!! You are getting famous as well.

Right...thanks for the insight on Coach Harbaugh. You have no agenda at all here......xcoffeex

GOTOREROS

nmatsen
October 27th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Now I know why BCS schools make fun of I-AA schools - nice logic. Ever think that is the same slam they use on you?:rolleyes:

GOTOREROS

No not really, I-AA schools (real ones, not just in name) beat BCS schools. We have 20 or so less scholarships than them, that is the reason for the name difference between I-A and I-AA. I-AA non scholly has 50 some less scholarships than I-AA (real one's that is). Much like lets say D-III. D-III, 0 scholly's, I-AA non-scholly's, 0 scholly's. Whats the difference, we take a glorified D-III program, put a I-AA label on it, give it a good recored against other glorified D-III schools and all of a sudden just because we call it them I-AA they are good? I don't think so!

"look, if you want me to take a ***** in a box and mark it gauranteed I can"

I think that quote might serve a purpose here as well.:p :p :p

Black and Gold Express
October 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM

If an interview was conducted, and apparently nobody saw it, does it really matter what was said?

DetroitFlyer
October 27th, 2006, 09:32 AM
The PFL is a I-AA football conference and has been for 13, now in our 14th season. The PFL is not a Division III football conference. There is no minimum number of scholarships required to be a I-AA team. The statistics generated by all teams in the PFL go straight into the NCAA, I-AA records, just like the statistics generated by any other I-AA team. USD is a I-AA team. USD is ranked in every top 25 human or computer poll. USD is undefeated this season. USD soundly defeated a good Yale team at Yale. Yale is a I-AA team. USD currently has the longest winning streak in all of Divison I football. A win by any other I-AA team against a PFL team, counts as a Division I win, a win by any I-AA team against a Division III team does not count as a Division I win.

Opinion: If you are in the camp that believes that this argument comes up every year, you should be able to clearly see that it comes up because the I-AA playoff system is broken and needs to be fixed. Inclusion results in a real champion being crowned, exclusion makes us no better than the BCS system!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I'm curious, how many scholarships does the Patriot League have?

A discussion for another thread, PL schools offer grants-in-aid that have the same effect as scholarships. These grants count as counters in things like "does a win against a school count for bowl eligibility".

I also know that when the league was given an automatic bid there were similar grumblings that they did not belong.

... in 1997, after the conference had been in existence for ten years.

Suddenly they went from a conference with one auto bid to a conf that was also receiving at large bids.

... in 1999. However, 1998 Lehigh beat Richmond in Richmond and in 1999 Lehigh went 10-1, only losing to Colgate.

And didn't one of their teams make it to the finals?

... Colgate in 2003, after going 11-0 and demolishing I-A Buffalo in the same year.

I know it's impossible to imagine that USD could win a playoff game the same way it's impossible to imagine UNH beating Northwestern or Mighty Georgia Southern from the Mighty Southern Conf losing to a NEC team. This is the same kind of elitism that exists with the BCS and the limited inclusion of schools from the non "power conferences." If you're so sure USD would lose line up and play them and find out. As long as they exist under the I-AA umbrella they deserve to compete for the I-AA National Championship.

There are key differences here.

1) Nowhere before has any team in the PFL, or any representative of the conference itself, ever pushed for an autobid, nor have they pushed their members to schedule up for such a possibility. Result? We get teams in the PFL who (in San Diego's case) have multiple sub-D-I schools on the docket, and no teams from any conferences that even choose to participate in the playoffs.

2) You're saying the onus is on the playoff committee to put USD in the playoffs to force the "old guard" (:rolleyes:) to "line up, play them and find out". That's not true. The onus is on USD to line it up during the regular season against teams from conferences that play in the playoffs. That becomes even more crucial when you know very well going into the year that Valparaiso and Morehead state are on your conference schedule. It's not elitism. It's called proving yourself during the regular season.

Main point being: I think the parallel between the PFL and the Patriot is false. The PL did it right - they ramped up their competition, petitioned for an autobid, and eventually got it. You didn't hear Bucknell, Lehigh or Lafayette coaches get on a soapbox saying "their team could whup any team in the playoffs".

IMO, Harbaugh and USD don't have any desire to build their conference or even get an autobid for the PFL. They are looking to make headlines for USD, good or bad, as long as they spell San Diego and Harbaugh (with the important byline "former NFL QB") correctly. There are the folks that say "well, any publicity for I-AA is good publicity", but I don't happen to agree. There's a right way and a wrong way to go about this. In my mind, the PL went about it the right way. Harbaugh/USD is going about it the wrong way.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM
The PFL is a I-AA football conference and has been for 13, now in our 14th season. The PFL is not a Division III football conference. There is no minimum number of scholarships required to be a I-AA team. The statistics generated by all teams in the PFL go straight into the NCAA, I-AA records, just like the statistics generated by any other I-AA team. USD is a I-AA team. USD is ranked in every top 25 human or computer poll. USD is undefeated this season. USD soundly defeated a good Yale team at Yale. Yale is a I-AA team. USD currently has the longest winning streak in all of Divison I football. A win by any other I-AA team against a PFL team, counts as a Division I win, a win by any I-AA team against a Division III team does not count as a Division I win.

Opinion: If you are in the camp that believes that this argument comes up every year, you should be able to clearly see that it comes up because the I-AA playoff system is broken and needs to be fixed. Inclusion results in a real champion being crowned, exclusion makes us no better than the BCS system!

Exclusion - interesting concept. Why do you think San Diego, when they came up with their schedule, went with one that pretty much excluded any chance of them being in the playoffs by going with two DII teams and one Ivy League team and one good team (UC Davis) that isn't going to be played until after the playoffs? Turned down Cal Poly as well. Seems to me the thing that is broken is San Diego's scheduling policy - it's far too exclusive as it's shielded them from playing other I-AA teams. If they had dumped Azuza and Dixie and went with Cal Poly and UC Davis before the playoffs begin (heck, they could keep one of the patsies, but playing two more decent teams before the selection weekend would've been good) we wouldn't even be having this discussion - we would, as with Coastal last year, be talking about where they would be seeded and who they'd be playing. Complaining about the playoffs being broken just rings hollow when the team you're trying to advocate for put together such a horrendous schedule. The playoffs work fine for those who haven't bungled scheduling. :thumbsup:

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Exclusion - interesting concept. Why do you think San Diego, when they came up with their schedule, went with one that pretty much excluded any chance of them being in the playoffs by going with two DII teams and one Ivy League team and one good team (UC Davis) that isn't going to be played until after the playoffs? Turned down Cal Poly as well. Seems to me the thing that is broken is San Diego's scheduling policy - it's far too exclusive as it's shielded them from playing other I-AA teams. If they had dumped Azuza and Dixie and went with Cal Poly and UC Davis before the playoffs begin (heck, they could keep one of the patsies, but playing two more decent teams before the selection weekend would've been good) we wouldn't even be having this discussion - we would, as with Coastal last year, be talking about where they would be seeded and who they'd be playing. Complaining about the playoffs being broken just rings hollow when the team you're trying to advocate for put together such a horrendous schedule. The playoffs work fine for those who haven't bungled scheduling. :thumbsup:

It seems like everyone thinks scheduling in College Football is just like scheduling your next night of poker.

I mean, come on, it isn't an overnight thing. I'm not saying it's impossible to change your schedule and break your contracts, but can we get off of San Diego's back for not scheduling harder people. The upcoming year might be completely different. Will you then applaud them for scheduling harder teams? I sincerely doubt. Rather you all will swear that it is Coach Harbaugh who makes them win, not the kids. He's a great Coach, and he says he has great kids.

If you remember last year with USD, they weren't blowing some of these teams out. They were close games. The rest of the PFL may be having a sub par year, but it changes. Last year was extremely competitive in the league, and this year USD stepped it up. Maybe you can stop harping on USD for scheduling such "Bad teams." There are also Tradition aspects in this. Plus Dixie State is a scholly team and I'm sure the idea is that they would be decent. As they are one of the main prep schools for BYU and Utah. But, did you take that into consideration?

I'm just a bystander in this, but I do think we could all be a little more accepting of each other. Let bygones be bygones and so forth. Because USD's schedule can't change for this season, no matter how much we all wish it would.

And i'm sure the fans of YALE would appreciate you calling them patsies.

nmatsen
October 27th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Ya ya ya, your I-AA, I think Mt. Union in Wisconsin is undefeated. They have played a non-scholly I-AA school, they have played some D-II schools. Maybe we should invite them to the I-AA playoffs. Wait a minute, we can't they are D-III. Call it like it is, you are exactly what Tommy Boy was talking about in his great roll except it would now be like this:

"if you want me to take a crap on a football field and call it I-AA I will"

BigApp
October 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I'm guessing Harbaugh said nothing because absolutely no one has mentioned anything he said! Nor have they provided a link to a cached file of it.

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I'm guessing Harbaugh said nothing because absolutely no one has mentioned anything he said! Nor have they provided a link to a cached file of it.

Don't have any quotes, although i'll try to see if i can get a transcript from ESPN or video for YouTube.

They talked a litte about USD, Dave Adolph, Harbaugh's dream of coaching a Superbowl winning team, a lot about his time in Oakland and his former head coaches. Schembechler, I know i murdered spelling, his dad, and the rest of his coaches.

Talked a little about Michegan to.

It was an interview with Ex-NFL quarterback, and a little about his current team. Everyone is making a huge deal of this and how he talks, but it was a mild interview.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 10:56 AM
It seems like everyone thinks scheduling in College Football is just like scheduling your next night of poker.

I mean, come on, it isn't an overnight thing. I'm not saying it's impossible to change your schedule and break your contracts, but can we get off of San Diego's back for not scheduling harder people. The upcoming year might be completely different. Will you then applaud them for scheduling harder teams? I sincerely doubt. Rather you all will swear that it is Coach Harbaugh who makes them win, not the kids. He's a great Coach, and he says he has great kids.

If you remember last year with USD, they weren't blowing some of these teams out. They were close games. The rest of the PFL may be having a sub par year, but it changes. Last year was extremely competitive in the league, and this year USD stepped it up. Maybe you can stop harping on USD for scheduling such "Bad teams." There are also Tradition aspects in this. Plus Dixie State is a scholly team and I'm sure the idea is that they would be decent. As they are one of the main prep schools for BYU and Utah. But, did you take that into consideration?

I'm just a bystander in this, but I do think we could all be a little more accepting of each other. Let bygones be bygones and so forth. Because USD's schedule can't change for this season, no matter how much we all wish it would.

And i'm sure the fans of YALE would appreciate you calling them patsies.

Scheduling is something that can be controlled, at least it should be if you want to be seriously considered for the playoffs. I, as well as most people on these boards, applauded the likes of Coastal last year and most of the NEC when they upgraded their schedules and started playing the Delaware's, Georgia Southern's, and others of I-AA. Those are schedules that somehow they got done - why not San Diego? And you're going to bring up Dixie St as a good team? They were a junior college team up until this year, which is their first year ever in DII, and you think San Diego thought they would be good? They are 1-6 with a 1-1 record against Mesa St - they are bad and that should have been expected. Besides, they are DII, scholarship or not, so it was scheduling down from the get-go. San Diego doesn't get a pass on that one. Fact is, schedules are of upmost importance when it comes to the playoffs - you need to play a good one and you need to do well against it. That's as inclusive as you can get because any team can put together a good schedule and win - you just have to do it.

Oh, and show me where I called Yale a patsie - on the contrary, I called Azuza and Dixie patsies, and that was being generous to those two teams who are really abysmal.

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Sorry about that Gannon, upon going back i know see that i was in error. I misread what you had said, and for that I apologize. I thought you had said they could drop those two teams and that would still leave them with a patsie.
My fault. But what my point was is that we should hold off on ragging on them about their scheduling until we see next year's schedule. If it is still as bad, then let the haggling begin.

lucchesicourt
October 27th, 2006, 11:20 AM
To all USD fans, the GWFC teams have LOTS of OOC games they needed to schedule. You could have picked any four of these teams (SDSU,UCD,Cal Poly, or NDSU) and if you won against just one of them, you would have had more credence for your chance at a playoff spot. It's not like these teams had a final schedule until near the beginning of the 2006 football season. You could have easily opted out of one of your patsies and found a GWFC team (as you are also opting out of the UCD game if you get an invite) to play. By saying the scheduling is not your fault and only playing who is on your schedule is a cop out.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Sorry about that Gannon, upon going back i know see that i was in error. I misread what you had said, and for that I apologize. I thought you had said they could drop those two teams and that would still leave them with a patsie.
My fault. But what my point was is that we should hold off on ragging on them about their scheduling until we see next year's schedule. If it is still as bad, then let the haggling begin.

No prob - my point though, that regardless of ripping San Diego, the schedule this year does not warrant playoff inclusion and I don't see to get around that while arguing that they should be in the playoffs. It's not the player's faults, but it is what it is and it is a weak schedule that shouldn't warrant playoff inclusion. Of course if San Diego schedules better next year they could certainly get in, but they'll have to do that. Turning down Cal Poly this year and scheduling UC Davis after the playoffs begin was, in retrospect, poor decisions if making the playoffs was important.

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:22 AM
The Scheduling is not the fans fault. Come on, that's like saying it's my fault that the Boston Red Sox couldn't win for years.

What USD fans are doing is pressuring the AD to get a harder schedule. But you can't blame the fans.

I agree Gannon. While I'd love to see USD make the playoffs, it's just robably not feasible because of their scheduling. Now I would like to see a better schedule down the year.

Harbaugh and staff + next year's projected team + tougher schedule = Playoffs.

Nearly all the offense will be back. A lot of the defense, and there are some really good 2nd string guys that would have chances at other places of starting. Plus add in the recruiting class, and next year's team could be significantly better than this year's team.

Would be interesting to see USD drop first two games, and I think Yale isn't going to play, maybe add Harvard, who refused to play USD last year suppossedly, and two GWFC's and see how USD does. League would probably be easy again, but add those three teams and we could have a lot of fun.

Plus, will someone get the bright idea to move the Gridiron classic to the first week of the playoffs. Best decision possible. You can't play in both, so have them on the same day.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
The Scheduling is not the fans fault. Come on, that's like saying it's my fault that the Boston Red Sox couldn't win for years.

What USD fans are doing is pressuring the AD to get a harder schedule. But you can't blame the fans.

I just blame the fans for either ignoring or downplaying the schedule and still saying that USD should be in the playoffs regardless of the schedule.

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I mean, come on, it isn't an overnight thing. I'm not saying it's impossible to change your schedule and break your contracts, but can we get off of San Diego's back for not scheduling harder people. The upcoming year might be completely different. Will you then applaud them for scheduling harder teams? I sincerely doubt.
:nono: You need to go back through the boards and read all the threads congratulating teams like Albany, CCSU, Stony... for improving their schedules. Everyone here does applaud teams for improving their schedules.

Scheduing is tougher and easier for different teams. However, a big part of this falls upon the team and what they will and won't do. USD is at a disadvantage being in the far southwest corner of the states. The geographical center of I-AA football falls somewhere in Kentucky and I'd have to believe that USD is the furthest from this center. The other difficutly is promising teams from the east a decent draw. Montana can bring in teams like Maine and Hofstra, but would either of those go to USD with 1/4 the number in attendance? However, it should also be noted that Delaware State, a team that draws similar numbers to USD has had UMass, SIU and NWSt all come to Dover recently. I'm guessing SIU and NWSt are flying up for the game. Once airborn, does it really matter if you're going to Missouri or Maryland?

My only beef with USD and scheduling was that several of your fans have said teams are scheduled years in advance, yet I've asked a half dozen times to see USD's future opponents, but have yet to see a single one. Also, there seems to be a notion that future, more difficult opponents may not be able to be scheduled because of these future opponents currently scheduled, but they have no problem moving or cancelling games this very year to make way for the playoffs. IOW, we'll move games if it gets us a bid, but we won't move games to make us play better teams to get a bid. Hopefully you can see the hypocracy of this.

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I meant by that time USD will most likely be an afterthought, as the majority of fans who post here under a USD moniker seem interested in this year alone and their team.

And i'll be the first to say that some of the comments that are made by "USD" fans are appalling. It's like when your the new kid in school, you don't go around saying your the toughest when you're not. You might warm up with a few minor fights, you don't proclaim yourself King on day one.

lucchesicourt
October 27th, 2006, 11:33 AM
No, it is not the fans fault, but your athletic department's. They scheduled themselves out of a playoff spot and you need to take your cause up at home. As for USD fans you need to understand how the established 1AAfans who have faced challeging schedules feel about being left out of the playoffs, because of a team with an undefeated patsy schedule. UCD is also playoff inelgible, do we like it NO, but that is the rules. Now, for USD fans, how would you feel if you played UCD's schedule and we yours and you were excluded because we were undefeated and say you ended up 8-3 with losses to TCU (ranked 1A team), Cal Poly and YSU (top 10 1AA teams)? Do you believe that these losses should exclude you from being playoff elgible? That is what most 1AA teams face week in and out.

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:35 AM
luchchesicourt, that's exactly what i said, that it the AD needed to step it up. And i agree with you about the losses to the 1AA team.

Let me also say I think the waiting rule is dumb. How many years is it exactly? I have only ever heard a range.

smallcollegefbfan
October 27th, 2006, 11:36 AM
They should interview a coach who is actually gonna make the playoffs lol.

lucchesicourt
October 27th, 2006, 11:36 AM
No it is not SD Fan. The Boston Red Sox play the SAME level of competition. Do you think USD plays the same level of competition as most of the top 1AA teams?

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I meant by that time USD will most likely be an afterthought, as the majority of fans who post here under a USD moniker seem interested in this year alone and their team.
We shall see. I don't know about the rest of your team, but your QB will be back and afterall, he is the best Junior QB in the nation. :smiley_wi

lucchesicourt
October 27th, 2006, 11:40 AM
The waiting rule for elgibility to move from D2 to 1AA is 4 years regardless of schollies, record,scheduling, etc. Poor NDSU who could possibly have won the NC based on their record so far. But, having played NDSU for many years, I have always known that they would be a top team and program at any level

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:49 AM
They should interview a coach who is actually gonna make the playoffs lol.

That right there is what I and I'm sure other's can stand about this board. If you had been a USD fan I would be even sterner.

IT WAS AN INTERVIEW WITH AN EX-NFL QUARTERBACK WHO COACHES FOOTBALL. That's what it was designed and marketed as. That is said multiple times in this thread.

Read the full thread before you post. Better yet, read every thread on AGS, that's what I'm doing. Become enlightened, otherwise you set yourself up to make statements that are completely asanine.

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 11:52 AM
IT WAS AN INTERVIEW WITH AN EX-NFL QUARTERBACK WHO COACHES FOOTBALL. That's what it was designed and marketed as. That is said multiple times in this thread.

And that is exactly why most dislike him. He is a self-promoter. Doesn't seem to care about promoting I-AA football, only himself and his "dream" which doesn't include a I-AA championship from what others have said he talked about. He is promoting himself, not USD, period!

SDFan
October 27th, 2006, 11:55 AM
We shall see. I don't know about the rest of your team, but your QB will be back and afterall, he is the best Junior QB in the nation. :smiley_wi

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2597485&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft07%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d2597485

Interesting little article there about Mr. Johnson, but the majority of the team is returning, so it should be exciting in that regard.

But Harbaugh may be promoting himself, but that's why he was contacted. He was contacted because of who HE was. So i think you guys come down harsh on him, but love him or hate him, you have to admit that he is very effective.

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 12:00 PM
but love him or hate him, you have to admit that he is very effective.
Absolutely, but effective or not people can hate him for the stupid comments he's made. But I don't think anyone here has questioned his coaching or his intent.

GOTOREROS
October 27th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Absolutely, but effective or not people can hate him for the stupid comments he's made. But I don't think anyone here has questioned his coaching or his intent.

Fair enough.

GOTOREROS

Go Poly
October 27th, 2006, 01:45 PM
No prob - my point though, that regardless of ripping San Diego, the schedule this year does not warrant playoff inclusion and I don't see to get around that while arguing that they should be in the playoffs. It's not the player's faults, but it is what it is and it is a weak schedule that shouldn't warrant playoff inclusion. Of course if San Diego schedules better next year they could certainly get in, but they'll have to do that. Turning down Cal Poly this year and scheduling UC Davis after the playoffs begin was, in retrospect, poor decisions if making the playoffs was important.

Schedule is everything...not necessarily your record. My Mustangs were 10-1 back in 1997 and weren't extended an invitation. Why? Because of a weak schedule...that simple. Nuff said on this topic.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Schedule is everything...not necessarily your record. My Mustangs were 10-1 back in 1997 and weren't extended an invitation. Why? Because of a weak schedule...that simple. Nuff said on this topic.

Can I get an Amen?????:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM

The list could be made, but it wouldn't matter, some of these guys just don't get it.

DetroitFlyer
October 27th, 2006, 02:43 PM
My Flyers were 11-0 in 1996 and did not get invited.:bang: I did not think it was right back then, and I do not think it is right today....

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM
My Flyers were 11-0 in 1996 and did not get invited.:bang: I did not think it was right back then, and I do not think it is right today....

Post the schedule

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM

Well, you play a DIII (that's 3 I's) and an NAIA and that's what happens. I haven't looked, but I'd make a small wager that no team has ever made the I-AA playoffs while having a schedule that included a DIII and an NAIA opponent in the same year.

GannonFan
October 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Post the schedule

Morehead St. (KY)
Georgetown (KY)
Wisconsin-Platteville
Towson (MD)
Evansville (IN)
Robert Morris (PA)
Butler (IN)
Drake (IA)
Valparaiso (IN)
Wofford (SC)
San Diego (CA)

I know Georgetown was NAIA and Wisc-Plattville was DIII - Towson was a DIAA independent (it was a year before they joined the Patriot) and I don't know what Wofford was as that was well prior to them joining the SoCon.

AppGuy04
October 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
http://photos-620.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v49/50/66/333500657/n333500657_23620_3200.jpg

89Hen
October 27th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I guess some things never change. I'd like to hear your case for a bid in 1996.

11-0 with two DII wins, a couple of I-AA Indies (Wofford in their second year of I-AA and Towson who had just dropped all schollies) and the rest being current or former Pioneer teams.

Torero Tradition
October 27th, 2006, 03:38 PM
IMHO, that schedule is quite weaker than what the Toreros play this year. Plus, USD has been dominating teams, leading in many statistical categories, are ranked in just about every poll after week 8 and have a big win at Yale, which they won handily.

GreenDay17
October 27th, 2006, 03:50 PM
When USD starts contacting schools to improve their scheduling and gets turned down, then they can complain. If they continue to schedule as they have they are sealing their own fate.

Don't complain to the championship committee, complain to the athletic department at USD.:twocents: