PDA

View Full Version : LEHIGH AT HOLY CROSS--RAIN FORECAST, AGAIN!

ngineer
October 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Currently the forecast for Worcester, MA for Saturday is not stellar. Temp in high 50's and steady rain and wind at 20-25mph out of the south. Not a duplicate of last year's monsoon in Bethlehem, but has the markings of being another sloppy mess--some may remember 2002 mudbowl at Fitton Field when Kyle Keating was subbing at QB for Lehigh and appeared to be shotputting the ball on passing downs; though protect he did. Another battle of turnovers? Whether it favors HC would depend on the amount of rain. A mere wet field can be a benefit to the passing game as the receivers have a big advantage on the cuts. Heavy rain and HC is left to it's running game, which doesn't appear to be very potent of late.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Currently the forecast for Worcester, MA for Saturday is not stellar. Temp in high 50's and steady rain and wind at 20-25mph out of the south. Not a duplicate of last year's monsoon in Bethlehem, but has the markings of being another sloppy mess--some may remember 2002 mudbowl at Fitton Field when Kyle Keating was subbing at QB for Lehigh and appeared to be shotputting the ball on passing downs; though protect he did. Another battle of turnovers? Whether it favors HC would depend on the amount of rain. A mere wet field can be a benefit to the passing game as the receivers have a big advantage on the cuts. Heavy rain and HC is left to it's running game, which doesn't appear to be very potent of late.

Funny ng, you beat me to it! I'm trying to get this angles into my Lehigh/Holy Cross preview, due out tonight!

Personally? I'd love to see Lehigh get a "bad-weather" win and exorcise some of these bad-weather ghosts we've had. It could be a momentum shift that carries Lehigh the rest of the way (I hope).