PDA

View Full Version : signing off (c-man, mh cat and other CS aliases)

catamount man
June 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Been doing the I-AA gig for a few years now and have met a lot of good people but I am ending all of that. The last few years have seen me battle depression and major impulse control disorders to the point that I have even burned some bridges with people, nobody here, but people you would never think about burning bridges with. Bottom line, I have mental issues. I switch churches, football teams, political persuasions as much as the next person changes underwear. I have suffered from low self esteem my entire life and it has followed me all through adulthood as well.

I hold down a job and am able to pay my debts, but other than, I am lost. I don't live, I merely exist. I have no identity. I have purchased tix and went to games at various SoCon schools over the years and tried to immerse myself with these programs, even though I never attended any SoCon school. A lot of my comments on various message boards and in talking with various peoples of all these schools has even left some of these folks with a negative view of me. I was told by a Charlotte area WCU alum that a few alums were talking about me and my behavior at a WCU function that I was not at. This one alum won't even speak to me anymore nor return any messages I send him.

I am burned out at trying to be something that I am not. Nobody calls me, NOBODY. Even local friends that I ran around with have all moved on. I am TRULY a loner now. I cannot post here or at CS anymore as the level of hatred towards me is just too much. I will take in a SoCon game from time to time, but NEVER again will I emotionally invest and try to make friends with anybody. The damage to my psyche has been too much. I cannot afford help with my current insurance, even religious counseling is expensive.

I will get better somehow, but I post this not to gain sympathy, just to FINALLY unload. You will never see a post from me again, you will never hear from me again. I do want to thank OL FU, black n gold and ASU G8 for all they've done but I am sure even they have to question a lot of my behavior. So, thanks again for 10 years, but I'm done. If I see you out, those I know, I will say hello.

Godspeed everybody. Hopefully I can find out the purpose for my life. Been fun and no I ain't gonna do anything stupid. I love living, no matter how painful it is. Thanks again.

Richard

superman7515
June 9th, 2014, 11:00 AM
http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=urgent_crisis_hotline

Gater
June 9th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Good luck to you, Richard. Please take care of yourself.

PAllen
June 9th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Take care Richard. Best of luck. Life sucks sometimes, but it gets better eventually.

citdog
June 9th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Rich all of those who KNOW you don't have those negative feelings you described. You are a good fella and to HELL with what others think.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 9th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Rich all of those who KNOW you don't have those negative feelings you described. You are a good fella and to HELL with what others think.

This is exactly correct however it's been said before and hasn't taken for some reason. It's unfortunate but he feels things that are not there. Hope for the best outcome Richard as I've said before.xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
June 9th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Rich, you are a hell of a nice guy who I truly enjoyed being around the few times we hung out. Do what you need to get to a better frame of mind, but consider coming back here from time to time as well.

The Cats
June 9th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Richard, you are part of the Catamount family. Hopefully you will realize that.

I don't know anyone that everybody likes, but I've never heard anyone say a bad word about you. You know you are wanted and welcome at Catamount games. I hope you change your mind.

Jerry

slostang
June 9th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Keep your head high.

FormerPokeCenter
June 10th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Pretty amazing post...99.9% of folks wouldn't put anything honest out there....

i don't know you, but based on the no-holds barred introspection, I'd say you've got your **** together more than most...

OL FU
June 10th, 2014, 08:09 AM
We will get together sometime. Like I said on CS weeknights are bad for your and weekends are tough for me.

Here's to beers in the future.

Bisonator
June 10th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Good luck man.

chattownmocs
June 10th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Its all a matter of perspective. I feel like everyone on here; loves me, respects me, and highly values my opinion.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 10th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Its all a matter of perspective. I feel like everyone on here; loves me, respects me, and highly values my opinion.

The dude has brought me many good chuckles. I'm talking about both chatt and Cman.

citdog
June 10th, 2014, 12:36 PM

http://www.thecontrarianmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/stuart-smalley.jpg

AshevilleApp2
June 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM

Absolutely!

Grizo406
June 10th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Sweet Jesus...Welcome to my World!xcoffeex

AmsterBison
June 11th, 2014, 07:05 AM

Heck, welcome to my family reunions. (I imagine, if I were ever to be invited to them... throw up on a toddler once and all the sudden you're some sort of pariah.)

catamount man
June 15th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Richard, you are part of the Catamount family. Hopefully you will realize that.

I don't know anyone that everybody likes, but I've never heard anyone say a bad word about you. You know you are wanted and welcome at Catamount games. I hope you change your mind.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. This means a lot and thanks to everybody as well. Talked with a priest this weekend and I am feeling a little better. I will get better!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your PM. All my best!

dungeonjoe
June 15th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Richard, thanks for the courage to put it out there. We live in a world where, at best, we hide our vulnerabilities. At worst, we deny them. Your struggles are a load right now. I hope that you find ways to deal with them which will bring you a measure of joy and wholeness in the near future.
Here's hoping our paths cross again. Blessings for the journey!

AshevilleApp2
June 16th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Richard, thanks for the courage to put it out there. We live in a world where, at best, we hide our vulnerabilities. At worst, we deny them. Your struggles are a load right now. I hope that you find ways to deal with them which will bring you a measure of joy and wholeness in the near future.
Here's hoping our paths cross again. Blessings for the journey!

Joe, if you were a preacher, I'd go to your church.

No, wait......

:)

Glad to see you back Rich. You folks arrange another UpState get together and I'll try and make it. Arrange one in Asheville, and I definitely will.

OL FU
June 16th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Joe, if you were a preacher, I'd go to your church.

No, wait......

:)

Glad to see you back Rich. You folks arrange another UpState get together and I'll try and make it. Arrange one in Asheville, and I definitely will.

We are having one tonight:D

AshevilleApp2
June 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM
We are having one tonight:D

xbowx xbowx

Hoist one for me!

TheRevSFA
June 16th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Rich,

Glad to see you post again. As for people hating you..I don't think anyone on this site truly hates anyone. Hell I argue with FPC like there's no tomorrow but I know should I run into him the beer and good vibes will be flowing.

It's an interesting dynamic on this board. You interact with people of all different views and love for their teams, whether they've adopted the team, or went to the school.

You make it out to Texas, you have a cold beer or two waiting.