PDA

View Full Version : Big South Week 8 Predictions

OLDLCOACH111
October 24th, 2006, 07:34 PM
What Are your predictions this week.....

Liberty plays coastal carolina hard but not enough CCU 34 LU 17
Charleston Southern Beats up on another weak CSU 40 Gtown 14
Gardner Webb respectively beats GWU 28 VMI 14

kirkblitz
October 24th, 2006, 08:24 PM
coastal 41-liberty 14
csu 35- gtown 21
gardner webb 7- vmi 21

CSU BUCS
October 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I also believe VMI is due a win. I thank the Coastal Liberty game will be much closer than that. It will be very close, less than a TD will separate the winner from the looser (typical of Big South games)

justsaying
October 24th, 2006, 10:38 PM
coastal caroliona 30-liberty 14- Coastal Too Much, liberty can't finish games.
csu 35- gtown 14- Not Surprising,barely escaped VMI, First real test will be Gardner -Webb next week.
gardner webb 28- vmi 21- no matter how they play, Gardner-Webb is 5-2 for a reason.

The Gadfly
October 25th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Beach Chickens 21 - Flamers 14

Runnin' Roos 13 - GDubb 17

Baptist 20 - Catholics 21 HOYA SAXA!!!

OL FU
October 25th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Coastal continues to look ahead to Charleston South and, afterward, to their first playoff game and the games in between get closer and closer:eek: CCU by a touchdown.

CHarleston Southern beats Geortown by 27.

GArdner Webb over VMI by 10

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Coastal will beat Liberty, but by no more than 10.

Gardner-Webb will beat VMI by two touchdowns.

Chuckles South gets a nine-point win over Georgetown but will look terrible in doing so (per usual).

Dabnus Brickey
October 25th, 2006, 09:45 AM
I also believe VMI is due a win. I thank the Coastal Liberty game will be much closer than that. It will be very close, less than a TD will separate the winner from the looser (typical of Big South games)

Geez, you can't spell...do you go to Charleston Southern too? You should "thank" Coastal and we hope the game vs. Liberty will be much "looser" for us afterwards while we hopefully celebrate a win.

HAIL TO THE CHANTS!!!

CSU BUCS
October 25th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Geez, you can't spell...do you go to Charleston Southern too? You should "thank" Coastal and we hope the game vs. Liberty will be much "looser" for us afterwards while we hopefully celebrate a win.

HAIL TO THE CHANTS!!!

lol
I go to fast sometimes.:bang:
At least we have another CCU spelling bee champion.:hurray:

Dabnus Brickey
October 25th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Anything I can do to help my fellow man...

CSUBUCDAD
October 25th, 2006, 01:22 PM

HAIL TO THE CHANTS!!!
So we are grading spelling now? Great, I knew that degree would come in handy somewhere.:thumbsup:

Sly Fox
October 25th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Its sad when the toughest foes on your schedule are Big South rivals. Hopefully CSU won't embarass the league by nearly losing to another bad team.

MarkCCU
October 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
The Chickens, Baptists and GW will be the victors at the end

BillLuc1982
October 25th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Coastal Carolina 52, Liberty 7 (big rout this weekend)
Gardner-Webb 27, VMI 19
Charleston Southern 33, Georgetown 14

Dabnus Brickey
October 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I wonder how many times people from CSU will double check their posts now.

Translation for CSU: Eye wondur howe mini timez peepul frum CSU wil 2X chek they're posses nowe?

rokamortis
October 25th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I wonder how many times people from CSU will double check their posts now.

Translation for CSU: Eye wondur howe mini timez peepul frum CSU wil 2X chek they're posses nowe?

:D Easy now DB - I find myself having to proofread my posts way too often as well. Sometimes what you think is not what your fingers type :bang:

I love your avatar.

rokamortis
October 25th, 2006, 04:01 PM

I hope you are right - been a longtime coming if that happens.

Dabnus Brickey
October 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I took that pic myself.

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM
what game is that at?

CSU BUCS
October 25th, 2006, 05:16 PM
what game is that at?It's in Charleston.

IaaScribe
October 25th, 2006, 07:01 PM

:rolleyes:

There's only been one true blowout in this league the two years I've covered it (CSU's 38-7 win at GWU last year). Liberty doesn't give up enough big plays to allow anyone to score 52 on 'em.

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2006, 07:13 PM
maybe they will this week :)

csuBUC06
October 25th, 2006, 10:06 PM
It's in Charleston. yeah, i'd recognize our behemoth of a stadium anywhere xlolx

SuperJon
October 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Coastal vs Liberty is a crap shoot to me. A blowout by 4 scores wouldn't surprise me if LU doesn't sure up the pass defense. An LU win by 7 or less wouldn't surprise me either. I have absolutely no clue what to expect from the game.

CSU plays another JV team (no offense Georgetown) and wins.

G-W is a good team. They beat VMI. G-W might be the team to contend with Coastal for the B. South title this year.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM
It amazes me how a fan of a team that won one game last year and so far only 3 this year can call another program a J.V. squad.
Ridiculous!

Sly Fox
October 26th, 2006, 07:59 AM
With CSU's schedule, Liberty or just about anyone would be undefeated right now. Does that amaze you?

Dabnus Brickey
October 26th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Tell me about it!!!

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Win the games you have now,

Then talk.

Coastal89
October 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM
:rolleyes:

There's only been one true blowout in this league the two years I've covered it (CSU's 38-7 win at GWU last year). Liberty doesn't give up enough big plays to allow anyone to score 52 on 'em.
So you missed the 33-6 beating that Liberty took and the 56-28 beat down we put on CSU the last time they came to Conway.:nod: :nod:

IaaScribe
October 26th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I wasn't around for either of those games. I was covering the Big Sky back then.

SuperJon
October 26th, 2006, 09:42 AM
It amazes me how a fan of a team that won one game last year and so far only 3 this year can call another program a J.V. squad.
Ridiculous!

It doesn't matter where I go to school, the fact still remains you played friggin NAIA schools. While you were beating St. Mary's School For The Blind by a touchdown, we were playing A-10 schools and lost by a combined 8 points to them. LU's schedule was weak the first four weeks of the season, but since it's been pretty solid. Towson's a good football team and W&M is generally good but having a down year. We played two DII's because we had originally scheduled something like Rutgers and South Florida in those spots and would've gotten killed. You played an NAIA, we played a I-A and scored the most points on them of the season coming into that game. CSU would be at best 4-3 with the schedule Liberty has this year.

CSUBUCDAD
October 26th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Hey super, the only reason an NAIA school showed up this year is that we had another D1AA school back out on us at the last minute and Water and CSU both needed a game that week. Otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about it.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM
While they say we're playing friggin J.V. Liberty. You can attack CSU all you want. I was just amazed at how LU can call George Town J.v.

It won't really matter in a few weeks anyway, we all play the same Big South Schedule.

CSUBUCDAD
October 26th, 2006, 10:30 AM
It doesn't matter where I go to school, the fact still remains you played friggin NAIA schools. While you were beating St. Mary's School For The Blind by a touchdown, we were playing A-10 schools and lost by a combined 8 points to them. LU's schedule was weak the first four weeks of the season, but since it's been pretty solid. Towson's a good football team and W&M is generally good but having a down year. We played two DII's because we had originally scheduled something like Rutgers and South Florida in those spots and would've gotten killed. You played an NAIA, we played a I-A and scored the most points on them of the season coming into that game. CSU would be at best 4-3 with the schedule Liberty has this year.

CSU would be 6-1 with your schedule right now. Only loss would likely be to Wake.

bodoyle
October 26th, 2006, 10:33 AM
bucdad, I think you need to amend your signature to the following:

BUCS WILL PLAY ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME......as long as you are D2, or NAIA. xlolx :nod:

SuperJon
October 26th, 2006, 10:47 AM
CSU would be 6-1 with your schedule right now. Only loss would likely be to Wake.

There is no way CSU beats Towson at Towson, and Gardner-Webb will probably beat CSU anyways.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
There is no way CSU beats Towson at Towson, and Gardner-Webb will probably beat CSU anyways.
There’s no doubt Gardner-Webb will be gunning for us after the spanking we put on theme last year at their house.

OLDLCOACH111
October 26th, 2006, 11:15 AM
You are basing your programs success off the past. What are you doing lately except going against weak competition compared to an average 1aa schedule. even though we all in the big south are rivals I do respect how liberty,VMI and Gardner Webb play competition wise, and what they do for the overall exposure of the big south conference. Liberty, VMI and Gardner Webb are trying to step the bar up by playing harder top 25 1aa competition and scheduling 1a teams. The weak schedule that Charleston southern has does nothing for our conference that is trying to prove ourselves and hoping to get an invite to the playoffs, since we have no automatic bid. Charleston Southern did have a surprise year last season but playing weak competition like that (competition as a whole not individually) earns no respect for the team or our conference.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Would people please just read my post. I think your respected institutions need to take another look at offering an Eng 101 reading comprehension class.

Dabnus Brickey
October 26th, 2006, 11:55 AM
The only thing we cannot comprehend is how you can judge other teams or cast your aspersions upon other schools. CSU has played no one, CSU has beaten no one, CSU really only has two tough schools on its schedule...maybe three.
Aren't you the same guy I had to correct with your poor spelling. I know it was a Charleston Southern educated person.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 01:07 PM
The only thing we cannot comprehend is how you can judge other teams
When have I done this? Please tell me. I wasn't judging Liberty, just telling them they are in no position to call another squad a J.V. team

bodoyle
October 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM
When have I done this? Please tell me. I wasn't judging Liberty, just telling them they are in no position to call another squad a J.V. team

*scratches head* isn't that the very definition of judging?

From dictionary.com......
to infer, think, or hold as an opinion; conclude about or assess

SuperJon
October 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I love you, Bob.

I wasn't calling CSU a JV team. I said they were playing another JV team. I still think CSU will be 1-3, 2-2 at best in the Big South.

CSU BUCS
October 26th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I know you was referring to George Town and wasn't calling CSU a J.V. team. My point is the same, it's funny that an LU fan is calling another team a J.V. squad.

Thumper250
October 26th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Children, can we stop arguing about j.v. teams?

CSU is better than most people on here think, but they have definitely played "down" to their level of competition through six games at times. I wouldn't think they're as good as last year's bunch, but who knows.

Liberty is also much better than a 3-4 football team, so beware any predictions of sure failure for that bunch down the road. They'll compete this weekend in Conway. And, with their "D", they could win. Terrell, from listening to some G-W folks who saw them play last year and this year, is just as good as Jennings behind that big 'ol line.

As young and inexperienced as G-W is this season, they're experiencing some success earlier than I'm told was anticipated. As young teams go, they're pretty inconsistent at times, but doggone dangerous.

VMI will always play teams tough. From a mental standpoint, they're as tough and disciplined as you'll find. And they're healthy finally.

Coastal should blow the doors off most everyone in this league. They haven't, but don't take that as a crippling weaknesss. They're plenty good and have a lot of experience winning games.

I refuse to predict G-W games, but my other predicts for the weekend:

LU 20, Coastal 17 (missed PAT by Flames doesn't hurt)
Charleston Southern 21, Georgetown 20 (missed PAT by Hoyas hurts)

SuperJon
October 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Hey, CSU Bucs, if it makes you feel any better, I was a Coastal student before I was a Liberty student. I'm a fan of football, not just LU.

Nike
October 26th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Winners will be:

CCU
CSU
GWU

SuperJon
October 26th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I think the conference will come down to G-W and Coastal.

Dabnus Brickey
October 27th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Oooo, interesting. So you think GWU will beat CSU? Can you give me a score on that one?

SuperJon
October 27th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I can't give you a score but I think G-W will beat CSU. I've said that from the beginning of the season.

CSUBUCDAD
October 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM
We will certianly find out on the 4th now won't we.

Dabnus Brickey
October 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Then, YOU give me a score

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Honestly,
How can you make a predictions about teams you’ve haven’t seen play? I know nothing about GW so I can’t compare how they will stack up against us. Just like I haven’t seen LU or Coastal. All I can do is look at box scores of common opponents. I believe all the games will be close but have no clue who will come out on top. It would be much easier to have an Idea if all of our games was on TV.

I’ve heard that Coastal is running Charleston Southern’s offence now. All I know them from is what they used to run so I can’t make an effective judgment on how they will perform against a LU D I’ve never seen or a GW D I saw last year.

Obviously as a fan though I believe that CSU will/can win every game they play.

Before I place any bets though I’ll be sure to call supper john.

bodoyle
October 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Honestly,
How can you make a predictions about teams you’ve haven’t seen play? I know nothing about GW so I can’t compare how they will stack up against us. Just like I haven’t seen LU or Coastal. All I can do is look at box scores of common opponents. I believe all the games will be close but have no clue who will come out on top. It would be much easier to have an Idea if all of our games was on TV.

I’ve heard that Coastal is running Charleston Southern’s offence now. All I know them from is what they used to run so I can’t make an effective judgment on how they will perform against a LU D I’ve never seen or a GW D I saw last year.

Obviously as a fan though I believe that CSU will/can win every game they play.

Before I place any bets though I’ll be sure to call supper john.

We run a no huddle where we get 2 (maybe 3) plays called for every down and then Thig chooses what to use depending on the defense you show us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it looked like when I was down for the furple game.

Dabnus Brickey
October 27th, 2006, 11:30 AM
We are running our offense. CSU's is different.

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I heard it was the exact same sets with the same zone running plays as we have. As well as a lot of the same with checks at the line of scrimmage. I was told it was pretty much the same system Mills picked up at Harvard.

bodoyle
October 27th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I heard it was the exact same sets with the same zone running plays as we have. As well as a lot of the same with checks at the line of scrimmage. I was told it was pretty much the same system Mills picked up at Harvard.

I dont really remember your offense to be honest. I erased last year out of my mind when I was watching the game up here in Chicago.

CSUBUCDAD
October 27th, 2006, 01:06 PM
CSU runs a no huddle called "look at me" where Collin gets in a base set based on the defense on the field, then looks over at Coach Mills who will signal a play. Collin then asseses the the options and runs the play or checks off to something different. Even doing this, they use nearly all the play clock, so it does not speed up the game like you would think a no huddle offense would

CCU97
October 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
That is similar to what GSU ran against us in Statesboro....Coastal's goes to the line with a run play, a pass play, and a 3rd play each down...based on what the defense shows that dictates how the game is played....if they give us the run we run...if they give us the pass we pass....and audibles are used as a last resort if the D changes up....It is an offense that has been run at Clemson and many other colleges across the country over the past few years....not as much zone blocking as CSU, GSU, or Clemson....It is the offense that Coach Bennett initially was trying to set up at Coastal...until this year Thigpen was not ready to run all of the plays and teams gave us the run...this year they are keying the run and we are passing much more...

CSU BUCS
October 27th, 2006, 05:47 PM
A veteran QB really helps out in the offence in making all of the checks according to the defense on the field, the play clock is usually at 1 sec. when Collin snaps the ball. That’s an advantage we have with a 4 year starter behind center. The zone running play was made famous by Denver in the 90’s. although most of you know we don’t run the ball a whole lot. Our #1 rusher would probably be Collin the QB.