PDA

View Full Version : One Man's Playoff predictions

KiddBrewer
October 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Written by David Jackson, voice of the Mountaineers and Associate Athletics Director.

http://www.goasu.com/article/9318/

blur2005
October 24th, 2006, 03:22 PM
He sees two MEAC teams, which I think will happen if Hampton goes 10-1. But I don't see Montana State getting in because the 'Cats will fall to Montana in the last week of the season to go 7-4.

bodoyle
October 24th, 2006, 03:24 PM
An App St writer who doesn't see CCU in the playoffs. Let me pretend to be surprised. Is he related to Mr.C? Sorry, had to say it. xlolx

Dukie95
October 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Wow. Lots of love for JMU, when even JMU fans agree UMass is the class of the A-10.

LUHawker
October 24th, 2006, 03:27 PM
What, no USD Torreros?

igo4uni
October 24th, 2006, 03:28 PM
"UNI made a late run through the Gateway hunt to a spot in the I-AA title game thanks to wins over seven ranked opponents in an eight-week stretch. Eric Sanders is more than capable of leading another push against a slightly less challenging schedule, which would give the Panthers the automatic by the time all is said and done."

Ahhhhhhhhhh............the memories. :) :) :) :)

I just hope we can beat Western Illinois Saturday!!

MarkCCU
October 24th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Is this guy oblivious to what is going on around him?

igo4uni
October 24th, 2006, 03:29 PM
What, no USD Torreros?

You just couldn't resist, could you??? :D :D :D :D :D :D

GOKATS
October 24th, 2006, 03:41 PM
He sees two MEAC teams, which I think will happen if Hampton goes 10-1. But I don't see Montana State getting in because the 'Cats will fall to Montana in the last week of the season to go 7-4.

I've said it before, but I'll repeat- The 'Cats have defeated the griz 3 out of the past 4 so the 'Cats falling to the griz is no given. The 'Cats win out they finish 8-3 and get the BSC auto. The only ones who think it's a griz sweep are the folks back east who haven't seen either team play. Trust me, even all but the most diehard griz fans know this game can go either way in recent years.

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
"UNI made a late run through the Gateway hunt to a spot in the I-AA title game thanks to wins over seven ranked opponents in an eight-week stretch. Eric Sanders is more than capable of leading another push against a slightly less challenging schedule, which would give the Panthers the automatic by the time all is said and done."

Ahhhhhhhhhh............the memories. :) :) :) :)

I just hope we can beat Western Illinois Saturday!!

Agreed. One win at a time and preferably less heart attacks than last year.

griz37
October 24th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I've said it before, but I'll repeat- The 'Cats have defeated the griz 3 out of the past 4 so the 'Cats falling to the griz is no given. The 'Cats win out they finish 8-3 and get the BSC auto. The only ones who think it's a griz sweep are the folks back east who haven't seen either team play. Trust me, even all but the most diehard griz fans know this game can go either way in recent years.

You are correct. But it is also no given that the Cats won't stumble against Weber St. or UNC. They have been known to blow a game they should win.

mtgrizfan4life
October 24th, 2006, 06:15 PM
As with any big rivalry, throw out the records for GRIZ/CAT or CAT/GRIZ (not to offend CAT fans). The days of GRIZ dominating the scoreboard have at the very least subsided since Kramer taking over. Since his taking over, this game is now truly "The BATTLE of the WILD". As for 06, It is nice that the Cats have rebounded after going into their funk. I do hope both teams win out, forcing "THE GAME" to be for not only state bragging rights, but conference rights. If that is the case, all of griznation will be praying we defeat the CATS this year. Otherwise, life in griznation would be doubly worse than just the CATS winning the game, but the conference too.
A previous post mentioned the CATS having to avoid the annual choke. If the GRIZ win against ID ST and CATS lose to Weber ST, that scenario clinches the GRIZ a tie for 1st at the very worse. Which Cat teams shows up leading up the GRIZ game? Is Catnation some what concerned with the possibility of the annual choke?
Griznation also is praying to run the tables. A loss before the Cat game will bring out the wolves that are Hauck haters (I think he is a great coach at MT). Here is too hoping that does not happen, and also wishing the CATS the best up until the big game. GO GRIZ!!!!

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2006, 06:25 PM
A loss before the Cat game will bring out the wolves that are Hauck haters (I think he is a great coach at MT).
They've been salivating the last 2 weeks.

GOKATS
October 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM
You are correct. But it is also no given that the Cats won't stumble against Weber St. or UNC. They have been known to blow a game they should win.

It's also no given that the Griz won't falter against ISU at home or at UNC on the road (with a Cal/Poly game in between). I've seen every griz game this year (televised) and though they're getting the wins, they definitely in some cases have shown the kind of team that could just as easily have lost.

GOKATS
October 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
As with any big rivalry, throw out the records for GRIZ/CAT or CAT/GRIZ (not to offend CAT fans). The days of GRIZ dominating the scoreboard have at the very least subsided since Kramer taking over. Since his taking over, this game is now truly "The BATTLE of the WILD". As for 06, It is nice that the Cats have rebounded after going into their funk. I do hope both teams win out, forcing "THE GAME" to be for not only state bragging rights, but conference rights. If that is the case, all of griznation will be praying we defeat the CATS this year. Otherwise, life in griznation would be doubly worse than just the CATS winning the game, but the conference too.
A previous post mentioned the CATS having to avoid the annual choke. If the GRIZ win against ID ST and CATS lose to Weber ST, that scenario clinches the GRIZ a tie for 1st at the very worse. Which Cat teams shows up leading up the GRIZ game? Is Catnation some what concerned with the possibility of the annual choke?
Griznation also is praying to run the tables. A loss before the Cat game will bring out the wolves that are Hauck haters (I think he is a great coach at MT). Here is too hoping that does not happen, and also wishing the CATS the best up until the big game. GO GRIZ!!!!

The 'Cats got their "choke" game 'times three' early this year- really embarrassing. I'm not saying that we can't lose a game in the next three, but if we do it will not be because the 'Cats "choked".

I love it when 'Cat/Griz is for all the marbles!!

Chi Panther
October 24th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Send the AAD an email saying that IllSU plays at UNI last game of the year.....:rotateh:

CCU97
October 24th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I'm still in shock that he puts Furman in before CCU. My issue with it is that CCU has the same record and beat Furman head - to - head. True...their other loss is to UNC....but...is hard to ignore that they lost to CCU?

YoUDeeMan
October 24th, 2006, 09:21 PM

I agree. The article has a problem. The guy in the article predicts Montana winning the Big Sky autobid, but has Montana State as an at-large?

How?

If Montana State beats Montana, then MSU wins the Big Sky autobid. If Montana State loses to Montana, they will finish 7-4 (at best). What happens to the 8-3 teams in the A-10 and Gateway? Will they take 7-4 Montana State as an at large over those other teams? I don't think so.

Appdad
October 24th, 2006, 10:04 PM
I agree. The article has a problem. The guy in the article predicts Montana winning the Big Sky autobid, but has Montana State as an at-large?

How?

If Montana State beats Montana, then MSU wins the Big Sky autobid. If Montana State loses to Montana, they will finish 7-4 (at best). What happens to the 8-3 teams in the A-10 and Gateway? Will they take 7-4 Montana State as an at large over those other teams? I don't think so.

As Lewis Grizzard used to say, "what do you expect for 25 cents", talking about the cost of a newspaper in the early 80's.

DaGriz
October 24th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Montana – Should have an easy road to a final weekend showdown with Montana State to decide Big Sky title

From the article.
Easy road to the final weekend? We play the top ranked offense in the Big Sky with Idaho State. We play a national top 10 team Cal Poly that beat us at home in the playoffs last year. Far from easy.

GOKATS
October 24th, 2006, 10:32 PM

How?

If Montana St. doesn't win out, including the um win and the auto, there's no way they (we) get in.

mtgrizfan4life
October 25th, 2006, 12:51 AM
They've been salivating the last 2 weeks.

That is an understatement. Checkout EGRIZ.com to just witness for yourself the diversity of opinions regarding Hauck. I feel for the guy. All he does is WIN, yet if the GRIZ are not blowing opponents out by 35, we have lousy coaching and he needs to be fired. It is ridiculous at EGRIZ.com.
Hate to say it, but it may take some outsiders to tame the Wolves there. At Egriz, Hauck is the Frank Solich (or insert any winning
1A coach here) of 1AA football. Seriously, are there any other 1AA winning coaches under this much scrutiny from the fans? Will the same wolves be begging for him back after he leaves, if and when the GRIZ miss out on the playoffs with a new coach?
How many outsiders think GRIZ fans have it good? How many think we should be thankful for a program we have built over the years? Are there outsiders who think a coach has to win every game and the championship every year to keep his job?
I look forward to see what non Montana fans think. Please keep it kind and respectful. Thank you

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2006, 09:40 AM
That is an understatement. Checkout EGRIZ.com to just witness for yourself the diversity of opinions regarding Hauck. I feel for the guy. All he does is WIN, yet if the GRIZ are not blowing opponents out by 35, we have lousy coaching and he needs to be fired. It is ridiculous at EGRIZ.com.
Hate to say it, but it may take some outsiders to tame the Wolves there. At Egriz, Hauck is the Frank Solich (or insert any winning
1A coach here) of 1AA football. Seriously, are there any other 1AA winning coaches under this much scrutiny from the fans? Will the same wolves be begging for him back after he leaves, if and when the GRIZ miss out on the playoffs with a new coach?
How many outsiders think GRIZ fans have it good? How many think we should be thankful for a program we have built over the years? Are there outsiders who think a coach has to win every game and the championship every year to keep his job?
I look forward to see what non Montana fans think. Please keep it kind and respectful. Thank you

I try to stay away from Egriz anymore. Was on there for a year or two, but it wasn't much fun. My unlce is a Griz season ticket holder, so he gives me most of the updates.