PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Production Leads SU To Cut OC

TexasTerror
October 24th, 2006, 07:53 AM
News out of Baton Rouge is that Southern's Pete Richardson has dismissed his offensive coordinator after the lack of production by the Jaguars, which rank 8th in the conference in offensive production.

Jaguars assistant dismissed
Richardson: Offense wasn't producing
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
By Nikki G. Bannister

BATON ROUGE -- Southern Coach Pete Richardson said a lack of offensive productivity led him to make the "unfortunate decision" to fire offensive coordinator David Oliver on Monday.

Oliver was in his fifth year as the Jaguars' offensive coordinate and quarterbacks coach. Before going to Southern, he spent five years at Tulane as special teams coordinator and also worked with the Green Wave's tight ends and offensive line.

"I highly respect Coach Oliver and what he has done for Southern. I wish him well," Richardson said. "But we were in a situation where we weren't producing offensively, and something had to be done. At this time, I think he had to be let go in order for us to salvage our program."

Richardson said running backs and tight ends coach Mark Orlando will lead Southern's offense for the three remaining games of the season. Orlando was the Jaguars' offensive coordinator for nine years before he resigned to become offensive coordinator at Texas Southern and was replaced by Oliver.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-26/1161668510123560.xml&coll=1